Nextech 1080p Wi-Fi IP camera

• Connectivity / Reliability
Paul

PaulMurray Region, NSW

Not at all in pressed for $169 each from Jaycar

So my two cameras seem to connect ok to my phone and my Wi-Fi but have been unable to change the time settings the time settings are 11 hours out and CAN NOT FIND any settings to manually change the time not impressed at $169 each

Purchased in April 2021 at Jaycar Electronics for $169.00.

Kelly

KellyPerth, WA

Waste of time and money

Downloaded the app without problem. Could never get the camera to pair with the phone. And could never get the camera to connect to the wireless network and stay connected.

Rob W.

Rob W.South East Queensland, QLD

Awesome

Had trouble hooking up first camera I now have four cameras and have had them 2 years now all work perfectly will be adding more shortly. Will be getting rid of my DVR system at my work shed and installing this system. Once you sort out your wireless hook up it is great 1/2 hour to set up new cameras purchased from jaycar

Purchased for $99.00.

Wireless Surveillance Systems

Find out how Nextech 1080p Wi-Fi IP camera compares to other Wireless Surveillance Systems

Paul Adcoc

Paul AdcocSydney Surrounds, NSW

Believe all the bad reviews.

Purchased in February 2020 at Jaycar Electronics Physical Store.

Matthew

Matthew

Terrible. Must do: Static IP, simple name SSID (no -, _, #s), buy DVR/NVR instead.

Purchased in January 2021 at Jaycar Electronics Physical Store for $90.00.

None

NoneAuckland

No Alerts unless signed into app

Purchased in December 2020 at Jaycar Electronics for $119.00.

GoldenGirl P.

GoldenGirl P.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Total waste of money!!

basically you get what you pay for - bought two of these they worked or about 24 hours before continuously being "offline" no issues with wifi or any other wifi product in the house. They just do not work! contact customer service number in the manual - waste of time - person said known issue and most likely will be refunded if I make contact with the manufacturer.

Purchased in September 2020 at Jaycar Electronics for $129.00.

Hi bought is camera and I had no issues with this from the start.I was able to connect it with my Wi-Fi and easily connected via the App and I was able to view plus download it via my mobile phone . Sd card is 16gb and hd video quality video is to offer.

Purchased in October 2020 at Jaycar Electronics for $129.00.

Clare

Clare

Frustrating

It has not worked properly since we purchased it 3 to 4 months ago. Store replaced the first one but second still not working tells me Did not find the time segment of the video or tells me I am off line. A waste of money in my book.

Purchased in August 2020 for $179.00.

Functionality
Night Vision
Motion Detection
Ease of Installation
Connectivity / Reliability

Chris G

Chris G

Not fit for purpose

Purchased in February 2020 at Jaycar Electronics Online Store for $129.00.

Ross

RossSydney Surrounds, NSW

Totally Disappointing

Initial trouble connecting to several Wifi networks. Keeps disconnecting. So erratic as to be useless. Messaging from app keeps saying network erratic. Its not the networks its the camera and or the app thats erratic.

Purchased in March 2020 at Jaycar Electronics for $116.00.

Herbie

HerbieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Problem linking camera to Android phones and playback not working.

Have had the camera for 4 months. Initially connected once only. Now need to connect to different wifi modem (2.4!!) and get nothing after pairing tone after it states connecting. Finally took it back to Jaycar where it seemingly connected to their system ok. Yes I saw it!

Problem sorted in the end! In these cameras, do not use some of those unbranded SD cards from ebay. Ended up using a known brand card and all works as intended.

Purchased in March 2020 at Jaycar Electronics for $150.00.

Never purchase this item

System time is incorrect and if its adjustable very difficult to find. Setting up does not take 30 seconds as stated. its more a case of lucky dip. might not work the first 5 times trying to setup then suddenly works. Software supplied with the product is poorly designed and does not remember your previous settings and always defaults to what the manufacture set. In general yes it works but never ask for support from Jaycar. They sell the product but no staff had any idea what they are selling or any true technical knowledge.

Purchased in August 2020 at Jaycar Electronics for $129.00.

R Campbell

R Campbell

Very disapointing, looks good but doesn't work

We bought 2 of these units. The first connected to the wifi ok but does not operate as expected. We can see the image from our app but it freezes and constantly sends alarms so we've turned that function off. The second refuses to pair with the wifi. Basically what we have are 2 cosmetic units which will hopefully deter intruders. If you want units that will actually do the job, buy some other brand. We've had no luck with several emails requesting support and/or replacement, its difficult once the units are installed. Judging by other reviews it would be a waste of time anyway. Not impressed

Purchased for $130.00.

aVex W.

aVex W.Southwest, VIC

really not that bad

unlike all the other reviews never had a single connectivity issue with this camera connecting it to iinet ultra fast cable although it does not connect to 5G only 2.4G, saying that you wouldn't connect to the 5G anyway. the installation process was smooth although did need to get an extension power supply. for what i need the camera for it does it job there is a 128gb SD card and its very simple to take out and get recording on it or wireless format the SD card through the app.

Purchased in March 2020 at Jaycar Electronics for $130.00.