Nextech 1080p Wi-Fi IP camera

• Night Vision
  • Connectivity / Reliability
  • Ease of Installation
  • Motion Detection

Hi bought is camera and I had no issues with this from the start.I was able to connect it with my Wi-Fi and easily connected via the App and I was able to view plus download it via my mobile phone . Sd card is 16gb and hd video quality video is to offer.

Purchased in October 2020 at Jaycar Electronics for A$129.00.

Clare

Clare

Frustrating

It has not worked properly since we purchased it 3 to 4 months ago. Store replaced the first one but second still not working tells me Did not find the time segment of the video or tells me I am off line. A waste of money in my book.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$179.00.

Chris G

Chris G

Not fit for purpose

Purchased in February 2020 at Jaycar Electronics Online Store for A$129.00.

Wireless Surveillance Systems

Find out how Nextech 1080p Wi-Fi IP camera compares to other Wireless Surveillance Systems

RossSydney Surrounds, NSW

Totally Disappointing

Initial trouble connecting to several Wifi networks. Keeps disconnecting. So erratic as to be useless. Messaging from app keeps saying network erratic. Its not the networks its the camera and or the app thats erratic.

Purchased in March 2020 at Jaycar Electronics for A$116.00.

HerbieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Unable to link camera to Android phones

Have had the camera for 4 months. Initially connected once only. Now need to connect to different wifi modem (2.4!!) and get nothing after pairing tone after it states connecting. Finally took it back to Jaycar where it seemingly connected to their system ok. Yes I saw it! Back home and same old waste of another 6 hours. Is it a Telstra modem problem, Android problem or Android App problem. At present the camera is a waste of time and money.

Purchased in March 2020 at Jaycar Electronics for A$150.00.

Never purchase this item

System time is incorrect and if its adjustable very difficult to find. Setting up does not take 30 seconds as stated. its more a case of lucky dip. might not work the first 5 times trying to setup then suddenly works. Software supplied with the product is poorly designed and does not remember your previous settings and always defaults to what the manufacture set. In general yes it works but never ask for support from Jaycar. They sell the product but no staff had any idea what they are selling or any true technical knowledge.

Purchased in August 2020 at Jaycar Electronics for A$129.00.

R Campbell

R Campbell

Very disapointing, looks good but doesn't work

We bought 2 of these units. The first connected to the wifi ok but does not operate as expected. We can see the image from our app but it freezes and constantly sends alarms so we've turned that function off. The second refuses to pair with the wifi. Basically what we have are 2 cosmetic units which will hopefully deter intruders. If you want units that will actually do the job, buy some other brand. We've had no luck with several emails requesting support and/or replacement, its difficult once the units are installed. Judging by other reviews it would be a waste of time anyway. Not impressed

Purchased for A$130.00.

aVex W.

aVex W.Southwest, VIC

really not that bad

unlike all the other reviews never had a single connectivity issue with this camera connecting it to iinet ultra fast cable although it does not connect to 5G only 2.4G, saying that you wouldn't connect to the 5G anyway. the installation process was smooth although did need to get an extension power supply. for what i need the camera for it does it job there is a 128gb SD card and its very simple to take out and get recording on it or wireless format the SD card through the app.

Purchased in March 2020 at Jaycar Electronics for A$130.00.

Geoff

GeoffHunter Region, NSW

Good looking but will not connect to wifi.

As other users of this camera state, it will not connect to wifi. I am using an IPhone 7 and a duel band modem running 2.4g and 5g but to no avail. Have reset camera, reloaded app but still not pairing. Jaycar suggest it’s my problem but it appears so do others.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$129.00.

Nat

NatGippsland, VIC

Can’t connect

Have purchased one too does not connect to wifi via nbn all other devices do this product is not easy to use it’s basically useless.. good app though not happy

Purchased in February 2020 at Jaycar Electronics Physical Store for A$100.00.

Rob C

Rob CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not connecting

The app downloaded ok etc. But it is impossible to connect the camera to wifi. Tried so many times and nothing when connecting to out Telstra NBN wireless modem. Every other wifi product we have works fine. I returned my purchase for an exchange but had the same problem with the replacement. Waiting to hear from tech brands help desk.

Purchased in March 2020 at Jaycar Electronics for A$99.00.

Big Pete

Big PeteMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

FRUSTRATING CAMERA

Impossible to connect to wifi. Tried so many times and nothing.
Tried turning unit off and on and even restarted phone and no different
Giving up as no more I can do.
Bad purchase

Purchased in March 2020 at Jaycar Electronics.

Daniel

DanielGippsland, VIC

Do not purchase this product

Constantly disconnects.
When SD card is full it will stop recording instead of overwrite data.
App is slow.
Motion sensor is rubbish. Often does not detect me but will detect wind blowing a tree outside or a car driving past.
Power cord unplug from unit much too easily
My cat knocked it off my window (only about 1.2M onto soft carpet) and camera no longer will connect.

So, if you want a camera that actually works, buy another brand.

Purchased in August 2019 at Jaycar Electronics Physical Store for A$120.00.

Motion Detection

Disappointed is an understatement.

The android phone app is terribly slow to use, I'm sure the person l, whether friend or intruder, would be gone before I could use the intercom system. I had difficulty pairing the camara to my Wi-Fi. The camara wasn't connected to my Wi-Fi for 10 minutes before it went offline and had to be reset at the power supply. To say I am dissapointed is an understatement.

Purchased in February 2020 at Jaycar Electronics for A$170.00.

Jason N.

Jason N.South East Queensland, QLD

Has all the features - But they dont always work

Bought from Jaycar for $150, and then two more when the sale sold them for $120 each.
Picture and sound quality is great, and awesome to be able to log into multiple camera locations with the same app.

However, the one covering the expensive items in my garage, has three time now decided to stop recording when the memory card is full, instead of overwriting the data. This would he absolutely useless if I had an incident to review, because the camera had decided it was done recording.

My driveway camera has also starting doing this, as well as going offline at random intervals.

Purchased in September 2019 at Jaycar Electronics for A$150.00.

stop the goats

stop the goatsperth

Good camera for the price.

Heather

Heatherasked

How can I playback x1.5 / x2 speed or quicker
Thanks, Heather

Dean G.

Dean G.asked

Cant find the app on my iPhone but got it on my galaxy 9 but it won't hook up to the wifi modem it goes to my phone I want to hook it up to wifi so I can live it had home to watch home for me when I'm out and about on my phone

Ross

If you can take it back for a refund I’d advise you do so before it’s too late. I have found these cameras so erratic that they really are a waste of time.

Breasked

I have recently purchased 2 of these cameras going good apart from I am getting motion alerts and 1 camera doesn't play them but the other does???

Herbie

If you find out Bre please let me know! When I open the alert it opens to 99% and never gets any further. I've been trying on and off for a couple of days with no result. The camera also gave problems linking to phone app for some time. I'd been trying on and off for near 4 months. even changed modems (Telstra 2nd Gen). That all works now but still no viewing of alerts as mentioned above.

Bre

That's exactly what I am experiencing with 1 of my cameras the other is working perfectly well. I have wondered if the wifi link inst quite strong enough. I am going to take my other camera down place it beside the problem 1 and see if anything changes with the alerts.

Ross

This is typical of inconsistencies I found with my one of these. Frankly if you are having problems do not waste your time.