Nuheara IQbuds

• Noise Cancellation
Ricky

RickySydney

Product can’t be repaired

I was one of the first backers for the original IQ Buds. I was happy with the design, small and compact but I was quite disappointed that there was no on/off button and it keeps on draining the battery and needs to be regularly charged.
It was an expensive investment so I’m expecting a good build and quality product. I had it fell off my hand to the ground and it just broke and it was the first time it tell off. It’s not very durable product and I contacted the customer service to have the product repaired but they said that they don’t do repairs and it can’t be repaired as the repair costs more.
What good is a product if they have a bad customer service. I will not recommend it to anyone.

RogerPerth, WA

The IQbuds2 MAX are the earbuds I've been waiting for.

Purchased in January 2020 at Nuheara for A$399.00.

Geoff

GeoffGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Had no benefit at all

I had a pair and i returned them after 7 days, they made no difference to my hearing loss, at all.
I was surprised that anyone at all would buy them.

Fails on battery life

Kat

KatSydney, NSW

Bad Customer Service / possibly a scam

Had money taken from me and product never supplied. It took 6 months to get money back with No acknowledgement from anyone from the company that I was a human. This company is disgusting. Product is a scam

Purchased in January 2020 for A$499.00.

Carol g

Carol gSydney, NSW

I agree - they do not live up to the hype

I am a long time tinnitus sufferer and hoped that they would help to mask the sound but, if anything, they add to my problem. When I wear them when out walking they pick up and amplify the sound of the wind . Also No matter which bud tip I use I cannot get them to stay in my ears - I have already lost one of the buds as a result.
However as far as service goes I would rate Nuheara 5 stars. Their staff is prompt and efficient and a pleasure to deal with.

AlfredOPerth, WA

My first "true wireless earbuds" and certainly not the last.

Purchased in September 2019 at Nuheara US Website for A$99.00.

GP waters

GP watersSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish

Bluetooth rubbish won't connect unless two feet away and fall out your ears especially your right, others have said this, overpriced rubbish throw them in the bin, there not any good to help you hear for sure, 30 pound ones better don't be fooled by there ballshite sales pitch .

Purchased in December 2019 for A$400.00.

Sparty

SpartySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great disappointment

I bought the IQ buds so that I could hear conversations in restaurants and other noisy venues as they were touted to be very good at ameliorating "pub deafness". Sadly there were ineffective and not very useful (if at all) in achieving better understanding of speech.

70 year old

70 year oldSydney, NSW

I cant get to first base...

I guess I m just too old to set the IQ Boosts up. I bought them because I was having trouble hearing at the theatre and at some restaurants. It might have helped had there been a user manual of the traditional kind.

IqBuds boost hurt my ear no Nuheara is making me pay

TT

TTSouth East Queensland, QLD

Buyer beware

Purchased in August 2019 at Nuheara for A$230.00.

DJR

DJRSouthwest, VIC

Disappointment

Patchy from the get go . Mediocre performance so shelved them for maybe a year and then tried again but not able to reconnect with new phone.. real disappointment to me. Beware of performance promises and now doubt product ability. Out of warranty so replacing with another brand as trust is not there

Purchased in November 2017.

Wolf

WolfSydney, NSW

A stupid, expensive, cheaply made toy.

The only noise canceling they provide is by blocking your ear with the bud itself, like an ear plug. The batteries do not last 16 hours as advertised, more like 6....at a push. They scream high pitch noise at you if anything goes near the Mic. Go buy some cheaper version off eBay they will do the same thing

Purchased for A$300.00.

Noise Cancellation

I am amazed by these ear buds - Please Read.

Purchased in July 2019 for A$350.00.

Jamie

JamieIllawarra, NSW

IQbud and Boost very different products. Fit, sound, engineering are all great!

When searching I can’t find product review on IQbuds Boost. Big difference between IQbuds and Boosts. You will love the Boosts! Great fit, durability, recharge/battery life and overall engineering! Paired with IQstream TV are amazing products.

Purchased in January 2019.

Gazing

Gazing

Very poor build quality

Was excited to support an Australian company - bought these 2 years ago. About 11 months into their usage the rubber around both ear pieces coming away.
Spoke to Nuheara and had them replaced. Replacement ones had a fault where one earpiece wouldn't work. Replaced again.
new ones worked for 12 months then the same rubber issue started to happen, then got worst. Contacted Nuheara, as they were at their 14 month mark, outside the replacement pair's warranty period they refused to replace.
Today the left earpiece fell apart in my ear -
I am very light handed with all my electronic devices - I have headphones and other ear buds that are 5-10 years old and still look like new - these are just very poor build quality.

Purchased in February 2018 for A$349.00.

Sounds great ,difficulty charging

I purchased these 3 months ago and when I got them I thought they were great .After having hearing aids worth upwards of 4000$the price I thought was reasonable and they worked better then hearing aids.Recently they have quit charging due to them not fitting properly into the charging case .I have contacted company ....waiting for a reply.

Purchased in October 2018 at nuheara.

Nuheara iq buds

My son has been self conscious about his hearing aids in some cases refusing to wear them to school but now wears these is buds with pride, great battery life, a app to tune them in and he has improved his grades. Definitely worth the investment thanks from the atwell family and a special thanks from my son.

Date PurchasedFeb 2019
Garmo

GarmoMelbourne

Rubbish, returned for refund less 5% restocking fee

Ear buds wouldn’t Initially charge and then only once. They wanted me to send them back for repair. I brought them to hear vocals on TV movies but for me they didn’t help. Couldn’t charge them again so returned them for a refund. They refunded amount less 5% restocking fee. Hope you don’t get them.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Leigh p.asked

Can the microphone be muted on the iqbuds Max? I.e during a call or whilst using as a headset whilst gaming?

Roger

It can be muted In call by tapping the left earbud, if you want no mic you can tap the right earbud to turn it off. The controls are somewhat customisable using the App. The isolation with mic off and noise cancelling on is about the same as my Sony WH-1000XM3’s. They have decent bass and I’m not experiencing dropouts in normal use. In use it sounds to the caller like a good boom mic with no issues reported other than it ‘Sounds Great’. The noise cancelling in call is very good.
I was surprised as I’ve owned quite a few different in ear systems and this is the first one that did not start to hurt after half an hour. Battery life around 5 hours Bluetooth + NC and about 8 hours with just World On and custom eq. The case charges them in less than an hour an seems to do 4 full charges. Unused they stay charged for months in the case. I’d buy a pair again as they are much better than the other options I’ve tried.

Thanks Roger, great response...much appreciated

Andrew Best

Andrew Bestasked

how do I turn the IQBuds to hear the conversation, Andrew

SteveL

SteveLasked

Hi,
I hope this is not a silly question - if I don't have my phone with me, or it is out of range, does the sound enhancement still work but I would just not be able to make setting changes? Or do they not work at all in this situation?
Thanks,
Steve

AlfredO

Hi Steve, the buds operate in the world off/on mode (sound enhancement) independent of your mobile phone or Bluetooth device. If you have selected the world off/on and environmental settings on the earpiece, that would be the only sound enhancement adjustments possible without having your device at hand.
I've preordered the IQbuds 2 Max and look forward to using its more advanced functionality.