Numatic Henry

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (5) · No (6)
Sambo

SamboPerth, WA

New house cleaner

Hi my wife has been using Henry for over six years cleaning new houses of brick construction and it has copped an absolute hammering but continues to operate exceedingly well it has had a replacement cord fitted and been through two sets of wheels and two on off switches that just wore out over time but the motor keeps going i am so impressed I bought another Henry for our home and a hetty for when Henry finally dies but it refuses to don’t know what the knockers are on about they probably sell other brand vacuums

Purchased in July 2014 for $399.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood
Numatic AustraliaNumatic

Thanks for the great review, Sambo - love hearing about customers getting the most out of their Henry vacuums!

Reviews can help

Reviews can helpGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Love our Henry

Going strong after ten years.

Simple no fuss design, does the job. Came with a number of attachments to get to those hard to clean spots. Good for wooden /tiled floors and carpets. Blag replacement is easy. We keep talking about getting an upgrade, but We can not fault our Henry, it's part of the family, we love it.

When we brought it, it did seem rather expensive having been bought over from the UK, but happy with our purchase. May it live long and prosper. ..

Purchased in July 2011 at Godfreys for $349.00.

Numatic AustraliaNumatic

Thanks for the great review of your Henry. Henry vacuums certainly are built to last, as you have discovered. Wishing you many more years of good service from your Henry!

MaccaIllawarra, NSW

An excellent choice for commercial and home vacuuming!

Purchased in October 2020.

Numatic AustraliaNumatic

Hi Macca, so happy to hear that you are loving your Henry! I'm sure you will have many years of excellent performance from him! Thanks for your review!

Janet P

Janet PAdelaide

This vacuum cleaner sucks but not in a good way!

The only good thing is the long cord & the smiley face! Suction minimal, clunky machine, I really regret buying it. All the reviews were so good so I thought I'd give it a try, big mistake! Who's writing these great reviews? I wish I could return it, so very, very disappointed with it that I had a duty to warn others. If you want a vacuum with good suction then give this brand a miss, what a waste of money! Cost me just under $400 & I've only used it twice, it is a complete waste of money. I ended up purchasing the Miele Complete C3 from Amazon a week later for $403 & it is perfection compared to Henry. This is 100% an honest & true review!

Purchased in June 2020 at My Henry Australia for $399.00.

Floor TypeCarpet, Tiles and Wood
Numatic AustraliaNumatic

Hi Janet, still haven't heard from you - we are quite keen to resolve this for you, please do reach out to us on support@myhenry.com.au when you get a chance. Thanks!

Carol Downing

Carol DowningCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Tough and relieable

Not the lightest hoover on the market but very effective and gets the job done really well. Has 2 settings and the bags last for ages. I would not go back to any other as it really does the job. Who needs a vaccum that looks gorgeous but does not do the job. I would get another if I had to. Only thing is it is not that light if you need to move it around but you can pull it on wheels which works well and the extension cord is nice and long. Go Henry go!

Purchased in August 2018 at eBay for $399.00.

Floor TypeTiles and Wood
Numatic AustraliaNumatic

Hi Carol, happy to hear that your Henry is performing well. Henry vacuums are built to last, so I am sure you'll be happy with him for years to come!

Helen

HelenPerth, WA

great machine

have been using a 'Henry' at work vacuuming carpeted and tiled flooring. I love these machines as they do a thorough job on all surfaces, I have since bought my mother 'Henry' for her new carpet and she is really happy with it also

Numatic AustraliaNumatic

Hi Helen, glad to hear that you are happy with your Henry!

Noelle

NoelleCarrara

Love this little guy!

I’ve had Henry for about 5 years and I love him. No gimmicks, just a vacuum cleaner that works. Nice long cord, good range of onboard tools. The bags are big. I’ve been using the same bag for 5 years- we empty it out when full and I’ve washed it once (even though I have 10 new bags that came with it!).
Will never buy anything else- best vacuum cleaner I’ve ever owned.

Purchased for $300.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles
Numatic AustraliaNumatic

Thanks so much for your review Noelle, great to hear your Henry is still going strong!

Tilly187

Tilly187Perth, WA

I love this little guy!

This is the most underrated Vacuum. My Dyson died and wasn't convinced it was that great with the amount of money spent on it so I tried out Mums Henry and decided to buy one! It's a great little Vacum. It's got good suction and the bag space is huge so your not emptying it as often as other vacuums.

Purchased in October 2018 at Capital equipment machienery sales for $395.00.

Floor TypeCarpet and Tiles
MyHenry AustraliaNumatic

Hi Tilly, thanks so much for your great review! Glad you love Henry as much as we do!

Stefano_K

Stefano_KSydney, NSW

Henry - my best cleaning buddy!

Purchased in April 2007 for $499.00.

Floor TypeCarpet
MyHenry AustraliaNumatic

Hi Stefano, thanks for the review! Henry sure is a great cleaning buddy!

mirry

mirryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love the Henry.

Robust and do a very good job. Quite heavy but wheels help. I would always buy one over other brands.use on wooden floor boards and rugs. The bags seem to last for ages.

Purchased in April 2018 for $398.00.

Floor TypeWood
MyHenry AustraliaNumatic

Hi mirry, thanks for your review! Glad to hear you love your Henry as much as we do!

James

JamesSydney, NSW

Henry sucks... extremely well!

Purchased in August 2016 at Multi Range for $385.00.

Floor TypeTiles
T G

T GMelbourne

The workhorse option

Have had this vacuum cleaner for over 4 years for cleaning carpets in my apartment, quite reliable. Be mindful to regularly check it over and replace the parts when issues are encountered. I've recently had to order a new filter for it, for example. Also it tips over if you pull by the cord, I've found it easier to extend the cord first and push/lift it into position. Both the cord and the hose have a lot of reach.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

i hate him

I hate Henry the vacuum cleaner. I hate everything he stands for and i disagree strongly with his values and morals.
He is a disgrace to the community and should not be sold at any shops from today and going forward. I will personally be boycotting any stores I see Henry in and i cant wait to live in a Henry free world. Suction? Terrible. Power? My sister could slurp through a straw harder than Henry. He fails time and time again to complete the simplest of tasks and should be ashamed to call himself a vacuum. I am deeply disappointed in Henry and he will not be getting a second chance from me.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Glen G

Glen GAdelaide

Solid workhorse

Date PurchasedMar 2013
P.Shrestha

P.ShresthaSydney, NSW

Angry Henry

Henry does the job. One of the best in the commercial line. I was used to Nilfisk GM80 for my job and worried nothing else would replace it until I got my hands on Numatic Henry. It blew me away with it’s performance. Very light and easy to manoeuvre. Works on all surfaces. Recommend!

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Galaxy9

Galaxy9melbourne

Great Long Lived Vacuum

Obviously this vacuum has a hilarious face which my kids love but its all abut cleaning. Its small but boy does it pack a punch! this is a serious vacuum and we bought it because of Numatic's fantastic reputation these last up to 20 years and I am hoping for that kind of life from it. Suction and cleaning power are fantastic and it comes with a comprehensive suit of tools. A serious vacuum despite the funny face.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Laura

LauraMelbourne

I wish it was better

I was very excited to get this vac, it wasn't cheap, and was great for about 12 month - now i have to say it very average - not good at picking up fluff on floor - hair etc and seems to push large "bits" around on hardwood floor - its massive to store and the around the house - but for that money you cant just get rid of it!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Tim

TimPerth

Henry Sucks!

It's a bad joke but it's true. I think these are terrible vacuum cleaners and have been waiting for mine to blow-up so I can get away from it all together. The truth is Henry doesn't suck enough! Eco mode is pointless and full mode is not much better.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Noelle

NoelleCarrara

Best vacuum cleaner ever. It totally sucks!

I’ve had Henry for about two years now and he’s honestly the best vacuum cleaner I’ve ever had. No gimmicks, no bells and whistles, just a really sturdy, well-built little unit that you can rely on to do his job!
You can use him bagless, or do as we do and just empty the bags. Last week I finally threw out the first bag after two years of emptying it.
Really manouverable, long cord, plenty of storage for tools on board.
Buy Henry, you won’t be disappointed!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Linda D.

Linda D.asked

What is the difference from the hvr henrry 200 and the 200 / 11

Macca

The HVR is a great home vac with a smaller capacity at 6 litres as opposed to 9 litres for the Henry Commercial vac.

Numatic AustraliaNumatic

Hi Linda, all Henry vacuums have an HVR model number. The 200 series relates to the drum size - these are all 9 litre commercial models. The 200-11 is the current commercial model with a 620 watt motor that has been on sale in Australia for the last 5 or so years. If you see a model with 200-12, it will be an older commercial machine with a different motor.

The HVR160 is the slightly smaller domestic model with a 6 litre capacity. Hope this helps.

Teresa

Teresaasked

Henry

Could I please ask if this vacuum cleaner is suitable for outdoors? I have harsh surface paving (unsealed granite) that I need to clean having ongoing construction next door, there is large amount of sand on the paving and windows seals.
Thank you.
Kind regards,
Teresa

Numatic AustraliaNumatic

Hi Teresa. Henry is okay for using indoors and outdoors (as long as he isn’t exposed to the elements such as rain) and be aware that he is suitable for dry vacuuming only – not for any wet vacuuming. For use on rough paving, be sure to use the supplied floor tool with the brushes down to avoid damaging the floor tool. After using on the pavers, it would be advisable to check for any wear and tear before using the tool on more delicate surfaces later. You can also purchase a specialty hard floor tool (https://myhenry.com.au/collections/accessories/products/henry-hard-floor-tool?variant=36164667539615) that is ideal for use on all hard surfaces. Hope this helps and please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions.

Nikki Voakesasked

Henry

The foot won't come off a friend's Henry and the tubes won't come apart. Do you have any suggestions?

Hi Nikki.

Over time, the wands and floor tool can become stuck together. If possible, it might help to have two people to work with each other to help pull the individual components apart. Try to twist the floor tool and the tubes apart rather than just trying to pull them off. If you can do this to break the seal, you should be able to slide them apart ok. Try this and let me know how you go. SK

Nikki Voakes

Thank you, will pass that advice on to the person.

Get an answer from our members and Numatic representatives

Compare all 4 Numatic Henry
CategoryCommercial Vacuum CleanersCommercial Vacuum CleanersCommercial Vacuum CleanersCommercial Vacuum Cleaners
Power620W620W620W620W