Numatic Henry

Vacuum Cleaners Buying Guide

4.2

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (5) · No (2)
Carol Downing

Carol DowningCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Tough and relieable

Not the lightest hoover on the market but very effective and gets the job done really well. Has 2 settings and the bags last for ages. I would not go back to any other as it really does the job. Who needs a vaccum that looks gorgeous but does not do the job. I would get another if I had to. Only thing is it is not that light if you need to move it around but you can pull it on wheels which works well and the extension cord is nice and long. Go Henry go!

Purchased in August 2018 at eBay for A$399.00.

Floor Type Tiles and Wood
Numatic AustraliaNumatic

Hi Carol, happy to hear that your Henry is performing well. Henry vacuums are built to last, so I am sure you'll be happy with him for years to come!

Helen

HelenPerth, WA

great machine

have been using a 'Henry' at work vacuuming carpeted and tiled flooring. I love these machines as they do a thorough job on all surfaces, I have since bought my mother 'Henry' for her new carpet and she is really happy with it also

Product is used Several times a week
Floor Type Carpet, Linoleum, Tiles and Wood
Numatic AustraliaNumatic

Hi Helen, glad to hear that you are happy with your Henry!

Noelle

NoelleCarrara

Love this little guy!

I’ve had Henry for about 5 years and I love him. No gimmicks, just a vacuum cleaner that works. Nice long cord, good range of onboard tools. The bags are big. I’ve been using the same bag for 5 years- we empty it out when full and I’ve washed it once (even though I have 10 new bags that came with it!).
Will never buy anything else- best vacuum cleaner I’ve ever owned.

Purchased for A$300.00.

Product is used Several times a week
Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
Numatic AustraliaNumatic

Thanks so much for your review Noelle, great to hear your Henry is still going strong!

Tilly187

Tilly187Perth, WA

I love this little guy!

This is the most underrated Vacuum. My Dyson died and wasn't convinced it was that great with the amount of money spent on it so I tried out Mums Henry and decided to buy one! It's a great little Vacum. It's got good suction and the bag space is huge so your not emptying it as often as other vacuums.

Purchased in October 2018 at Capital equipment machienery sales for A$395.00.

Floor Type Carpet and Tiles
MyHenry AustraliaNumatic

Hi Tilly, thanks so much for your great review! Glad you love Henry as much as we do!

Stefano_K

Stefano_KSydney, NSW

Henry - my best cleaning buddy!

Purchased in April 2007 for A$499.00.

Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Carpet
MyHenry AustraliaNumatic

Hi Stefano, thanks for the review! Henry sure is a great cleaning buddy!

mirryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Love the Henry.

Robust and do a very good job. Quite heavy but wheels help. I would always buy one over other brands.use on wooden floor boards and rugs. The bags seem to last for ages.

Purchased in April 2018 for A$398.00.

Floor Type Wood
MyHenry AustraliaNumatic

Hi mirry, thanks for your review! Glad to hear you love your Henry as much as we do!

JamesSydney, NSW

Henry sucks... extremely well!

Purchased in August 2016 at Multi Range for A$385.00.

Pet OwnerNo
Floor Type Tiles
T G

T GMelbourne

The workhorse option

Have had this vacuum cleaner for over 4 years for cleaning carpets in my apartment, quite reliable. Be mindful to regularly check it over and replace the parts when issues are encountered. I've recently had to order a new filter for it, for example. Also it tips over if you pull by the cord, I've found it easier to extend the cord first and push/lift it into position. Both the cord and the hose have a lot of reach.

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

i hate him

I hate Henry the vacuum cleaner. I hate everything he stands for and i disagree strongly with his values and morals.
He is a disgrace to the community and should not be sold at any shops from today and going forward. I will personally be boycotting any stores I see Henry in and i cant wait to live in a Henry free world. Suction? Terrible. Power? My sister could slurp through a straw harder than Henry. He fails time and time again to complete the simplest of tasks and should be ashamed to call himself a vacuum. I am deeply disappointed in Henry and he will not be getting a second chance from me.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Glen G

Glen GAdelaide

Solid workhorse

Date PurchasedMar 2013
P.Shrestha

P.ShresthaSydney, NSW

Angry Henry

Henry does the job. One of the best in the commercial line. I was used to Nilfisk GM80 for my job and worried nothing else would replace it until I got my hands on Numatic Henry. It blew me away with it’s performance. Very light and easy to manoeuvre. Works on all surfaces. Recommend!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Galaxy9

Galaxy9melbourne

Great Long Lived Vacuum

Obviously this vacuum has a hilarious face which my kids love but its all abut cleaning. Its small but boy does it pack a punch! this is a serious vacuum and we bought it because of Numatic's fantastic reputation these last up to 20 years and I am hoping for that kind of life from it. Suction and cleaning power are fantastic and it comes with a comprehensive suit of tools. A serious vacuum despite the funny face.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Laura

LauraMelbourne

I wish it was better

I was very excited to get this vac, it wasn't cheap, and was great for about 12 month - now i have to say it very average - not good at picking up fluff on floor - hair etc and seems to push large "bits" around on hardwood floor - its massive to store and the around the house - but for that money you cant just get rid of it!

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Tim

TimPerth

Henry Sucks!

It's a bad joke but it's true. I think these are terrible vacuum cleaners and have been waiting for mine to blow-up so I can get away from it all together. The truth is Henry doesn't suck enough! Eco mode is pointless and full mode is not much better.

Date PurchasedOct 2015
Noelle

NoelleCarrara

Best vacuum cleaner ever. It totally sucks!

I’ve had Henry for about two years now and he’s honestly the best vacuum cleaner I’ve ever had. No gimmicks, no bells and whistles, just a really sturdy, well-built little unit that you can rely on to do his job!
You can use him bagless, or do as we do and just empty the bags. Last week I finally threw out the first bag after two years of emptying it.
Really manouverable, long cord, plenty of storage for tools on board.
Buy Henry, you won’t be disappointed!

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Vegemum

VegemumNSW, 2484

I love Henry :)

Date PurchasedFeb 2013
Jess D

Jess DAU

Small but powerful vacuum

My roommate had this vacuum and I’ll be sad to leave it behind. It was fine for our 3-bedroom home and didn’t even run that hot. The best thing is it is so light and maneuverable - I used it to clean my car too. The winding mechanism for the cord is maybe the only thing people won’t like but it’s simple and quick.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
mjgarrett

mjgarrett

Henry rocks

So much better than my dyson. Love the big bags and not having dust everywhere whn i empty it. Hose it fairly good too used to get kids stuff stuck in the dyson. Easy to move around. No auto wind on cord but that is just me being a lazy bum.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Joe blow

Joe blowFairfield

Great vacuum

The Henry Hoover vacuum is a great unit with lots of suction and is so easy to get around the house. It has great sucking power on carpet and picks up everything. The only problem is that when the brush is down on the head it gets alot of hairs stuck in it.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Vali

ValiPerth

Great suction but cumbersome

Great suction, one of the best vacs I’ve owned. It never overheats and cleans all house perfectly, including carpets, tiles and delicate wooden floors, thanks to the brush attached to it. I have a 150sqm floor to vac plus beds, car and lounges, all doable thanks to the various attachments provided.
I wouldn’t say it’s quiet, just average noise.

Only downside is it’s cumbersome, hard to manoeuvre and chopped a few walls.
Otherwise brilliant.