Oleo Mac 962

See the Best Petrol Chainsaws in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Rarely starts when needed. Until 2016, I had a Jonsered which started on cue. The local mechanic dri

It's a nightmare to start. I have never been able to start it. It always ends up at the gardening tools shop. When it's going, it's fair I guess but again, idling problems pull the review downwards. I'm ready to hurl it over a cliff in high country.... to the graveyard of failed mechanical devices.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

been a great saw

I bought one in 1988 , only ever not started once in 30 years, has been a great saw but can no longer get parts because it is too old .
I now need to buy a new saw and not sure what to buy , so will ave to shop around and see what is out there .

Date PurchasedMar 1998

A powerful workhorse.

Bought this chainsaw from the local dealer to replace a very old Echo that was starting to play up. I'm quite happy with it, it is easy to start with the decompresser, is well balanced, has plenty of power and has impressed anyone who has seen it cutting dry red gum and wattle. As with any chainsaw you need to clean and maintain it regularly, with this saw especially the chain brake and air cleaner as they seem to accumulate more chips and sawdust than other saws I've used.

Date PurchasedOct 2014

...afterall, they do have Italian engines!

I have had my 962 for many years and I suppose I have learnt to get around its various foibles. This is not a chainsaw for beginners, and unless you are confident doing your own mini-services may i suggest you don't get this model. Unless everytjhing is adjusted right it probably won't start on you. Mine does everytime however I have a routine whereas i keep mine clean and ready to rock and roll at all times. When everything is clean and adjusted right this chainsaw is a Ferrari. It will cut through the thickest hardwood trunks like a hot knife through butter.

Date PurchasedJan 2010

gs820 Be warned olea mac are nasty dealers

I purchased a new gs8230 from cutting edge kingcumber. 4 2 17. machine had low power bad performance, Saw into into shop 4 times for repair. 5th time it had a blown piston. Olea mac and cutting edge are terrible Swearing down phone Refuses to refund. Has offed a new saw But still waiting months Later. Be warned against cutting edge and Olea Mac I've asked for a full refund But point blank refuses.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Great saw at a great price!

I have owned/used many chainsaws for over 40 odd years. Recently got my hands on an Oleo Mac 962; 62cc, 20 inch bar, 3/8 chain, more metal than plastic and designed and built in Italy. A professional saw with heaps of power, reliability and surprisingly good fuel economy. It is easily as good as either of the big two brands and at $1100 is heaps better value for money.

HAVE JUST PURHASED a 962 OLEO MAC chain saw what type of chain do you recommend for dry box smallish fire wood. Would tungsten tip be a viable option ?
highly discourage terrible saw. oleomac are very bad to deal with. Mine is still no good. Oleamac will not honour there aftersales i hope this help Take a wide breathHi, I have never owned or used a tungsten tipped chain and the reasons are that they are very expensive (perhaps $200 or more to suit your saw) and although they will stay sharp for a long time, they are also very expensive to get repaired if you knock off or damage a tungsten tip, as they are welded on and this is a specialist task. I use Oregon or Carlton chains (not Stihl because you pay extra just for the name) and I keep 3 in rotation; 1 on the saw, 1 sharp ready to change over and 1 with the local chainsaw mechanic for sharpening. The cheap Chinese chains are not worth the trouble. Chains for your saw should cost you no more than $50 each and sharpening $10 or $15 a time, depending upon your local mechanic. The best way to keep your chain sharp for longer is to make sure that you keep it out of the dirt, so be careful not to touch the ground with it, and to remove dirt laden bark before cutting when you can. Hope this helps? Cheers

Bar Length51 cm