Olimpia Splendid Piu

Olimpia Splendid Piu

Piu Cube 16, Piu Eco 12, Piu 14, Piu

See the Best Portable Air Conditioners in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Meets expectations, but too noisy in a small space

We had the PIU Cube 16 for just 24 hours before we returned it for a full refund as it was just too noisy in our small lounge room. The Good Guys explained to us that portable air conditioners are always noisy but that this model is in fact one of the most quiet to run. The baseline noise drowned out any TV volume so it may not be for everyone. However, it worked perfectly in generating large amounts of ultra cooled air and was a welcome addition in the heat so I would recommend it if you had a larger space that might dampen the running noise.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $780.00.

Home Insulation Level Not sure
Room Type Living/Dining Area

Perfect for a small room

I have been using this air conditioner for around 5 years and still works perfect. It is a little bit noise but you get used it. I dont have complaints

Purchased in January 2015.

Home Insulation Level Not Insulated
Room Type Large Bedroom
Colleen Willis

Colleen WillisSydney, NSW

Too LOUD

No, too loud for me. False and misleading information on the description.When the unit is first turned on I was impressed with the noise level, just a mild humming noise, I thought great, yep, I can live/sleep with that. Low and behold after 3 minutes the unit kicks in and the noise coming from the machine is just like the rest of the portable air cons "loud".I was advised that Olimpia has the quietest air cons on the market that is why I went with that brand. Even the wording on the packaging the unit comes in won me over. On the box it states SILENT. Returned the air con back to the good guys for a refund.
Now, that is another review in itself and it is not a good one.

Purchased in November 2019 at The Good Guys for $600.00.

Home Insulation Level Average
Room Type Small Bedroom
Sirpa K.

Sirpa K.Canberra Central 2602, ACT

Satisfied.

This air conditioning unit is fabulous for our bedroom. Does exactly what it is supposed to! It does well on it's highest setting and does well on the lowest setting to maintain the cool.

Purchased at The Good Guys for $800.00.

Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Large Bedroom

Awesome friend in summers

This aircon makes the room cool in minutes. The size best fits the place and is suitable. It is very nicely designed and fulfils the needs. However, the back pipe needs the place to keep the warm air out.

Purchased in April 2017.

Nathanael G

Nathanael GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awful

We’ve kept it on all day, sealed off a small area of room to survive the heat and it’s still sweltering in here. If you stand right in front of it, you feel a cool breeze (albeit weak at best on the highest fan setting) , if you move 1m away from it, you can easily sweat (32 outside 29 inside). Very disappointing to purchase the worst performing portable aircon I have ever owned. Please save yourself the disappointment, do not buy.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $799.00.

Home Insulation Level Good
Room Type Living/Dining Area

Empressbat

EmpressbatQueensland, 4304

Saved us in the heatwave - highly recommend this portable air con

We bought this from The GoodGuys in Ispwich. It is a compact, quiet, easy to assemble portable air conditioner that can be used in portable mode or permanently placedby have holes created in wlals and the hose fixed in a permanent position.
It has been 35 - 39 degrees inside, however this portable air conditioner calls our loungerrom within 20 minutes making it a pleasant 22 degrees.
It has different modes which are easy to use and a remote control.
The model is quiet even in turbo mode.
Highly recommended

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Sue

SueMurray Region, NSW

Perfect for small bedroom

My Evaporative cooler wasn't enough when the temperatures started reaching 44, 45 so my Son turned up this air conditioner. I am pleasantly suprised at how cool it gets my bedroom and how quiet it is.....compared to the evaporative cooler. It is light and easy to manouver and has more than enough exchaust pipe to reach my window. I live in a very dry area so perhaps that is why I havent had to drain any water like other users. I do however agree that fixed vents which point up toward the ceiling are rather annoying, also no swing function, which is why I gave it four stars.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
meagain

meagainJervis bay, Nsw

Good for defined rooms only.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Barely adequate

Date PurchasedNov 2016

2017april

2017aprilEarth

Olimpia Splendid Piu16

Keeps the caravan cool and saves taking out a window to fit a box A/C. This is a refrigerated A/C (not evaporative) and it produces real cooling power with reasonable electricity use. The narrow air flow creates a good cycle of air around the room, as it's designed to do. It has wheels so it's easy to roll out of the way. The expandable hot air exhaust tube is long enough when it's set up near a sliding sash or casement type window. Does not interfere with insect screening. To keep it running efficiently, use dish washing detergent to wash the air filter and then spray it with Glen20 (to stop bacterial growth). Get one and sleep well this summer. 3 Year warranty. Just brilliant.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Poppy

Poppysouth australia

Worth getting if you have no other options

This certainly does what it's supposed to which is cool a room. Bear in mind it isn't designed to cool large areas. I've only ever used it in a bedroom and it may take half an hour to an hour to get the room to cold but once it does it gets icy cold and stays that way. It can get a little loud on certain settings but if the choice is to sleep in a 40+ degree room that is quiet or a 20 degree room that is a little noisy, I'll take the latter.
Yes, it is heavy and awkward to move around, messing around with the window kit and filling gaps is annoying and it costs a lot to run, but if you have no other options to cool your place then this is still an excellent option to get through an Australian summer.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Fuzza

FuzzaBallarat

It's not perfect and the first one packed up on me

Got one of these for our small shead out the back. The first one lasted a week and had to be returned because it stopped blowing cold air. The second one has faired itself in the heat but at 40 degrees or fails big but when cooling lower temperatures it dose well.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

HoundDoggy

HoundDoggyfootscray

Just got my old friend out of storage!

This is my summer months friend! I love it because it keeps my bedroom icy cold during the hot months and that means sleep! Its not too noisy when its running. Actually, I quite like the white noise it makes. Kind of like being a kid asleep in the back of your parents station wagon (1970s) It works really well and even expels its own water outside - good machine!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Belltower

BelltowerMalvern

Great results with the PUI 16

I did a LOT of research online and instore before getting this after very ordinary results with an Aldi machine previously. This really is one of the best ones available in Australia. Its not cheap but you get what you pay for. Really did a great job of making the hottest summer days bearable in out lounge - highly recommended!

Kimbo

KimboLockwood park

Good for a portable aircon

My son needed one of these in his bed room because there was no room for a split wall unit and we didn't have the amount of money at the time to get one. Even tho this is expensive it did the job last summer very well but the power is hogged a little by this aircon

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Gl1der

Gl1derMalvern

Best Choice Of The Portables

This little baby is small and compact but provide HUGE amounts of cool air and really saved the day over summer. for us. There are lots of cheaper models but mostly they are not all that effective - I have had lesser ones including the supposedly "good" Aldi model and I can tell you none of them come close to this one in terms of effective cooling. It really can keep a hot lounge room cool on even 40c days and not many can come close to that. Folks, this is the one to get (make sure its the 16 models) if you are after a portable. Really works well.

Shaun  Marriott

Shaun MarriottCessnock, NSW

Great Air con for renting

My wife and I only rent so we needed to look into a mobile Air conditioner and we purchased this one it is an amazing little air con and especially being able to move it from room to room, the controls are really easy to use and understand, and even on the hotest days it went great.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Breezy1

Breezy1Camberwell

Saved my sanity over summer!

This is one excellent little portable air conditioner! It is reasonably portable (its heavy but on wheels) and comes with a window tube kit which you need to vent outside. Thats means you have to set it up near a window to use it. The hot air goes outside and the cool air comes out the front. It really is cool too! Not lukewarm like those evaporative coolers. It was easily able to bring my hot bedroom down to bearable levels and saved my sanity over summer. I could sleep as I found the noise relaxing but it bothered my wife a bit. Good machine!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Chockies

ChockiesHawthorn

Top level portable cooling

We knew exactly which model to but due to extensive research - the Piu 16. This is one of a few portables that can actually cool a normal sized room on a hot day - most of them claim to but fall short. The Piu met our expectations head on and did excellent service. It comes with a little remote but we didn't bother with that. Just used the switch on the machine. Powerful solid cooling - really really good and relatively quiet too. They are all noisy but this one isnt too bad. Overall I recommend this if you must have a portable.. its very good.