Electric and Gas Heaters Buying Guide

With the chilly season just around the corner, a room heater can be just the thing to keep you cosy. Read on for more information on how to strike a match with the best heaters for your home space, lifestyle and budget.

Read now

• Room Type
  • Heating Speed5/5 (2)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smells of GasYes (1) · No (1)

Nathan S.Perth, WA

good heater

heats a 50m2 room with average insulation but a lot of thin glass, floor to ceiling, so need all curtains drawn to get warm in winter. Much better heat quality than my large reverse cycle aircon, you get fire-like radiative heat and convection with the fan, which helps to spread the heat well. cant comment on longevity. fan on high is reasonably noisy, but not a major issue, put the fan on low if it bugs you.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$650.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Heating Speed
Temperature Consistency
Room Type Living/Dining Area
Smells of GasYes
Alexis P.Omega Altise

Hi there Nathan, thanks for posting your feedback regarding your heater, gas is so cosy , we will pass your feedback on to our marketing and R&D teams .Thanks again ,the team at Altise

Ejjjjjj

Ejjjjjj

Great unit

Very happy with the heater We live una two bed unit and it heat the place really nice when it’s cold out side

Very good price compared to other units
I hope to update this page when I get the gas bill

Purchased in July 2020 at The Good Guys.

Noise Level
Safety
Heating Speed
Temperature Consistency
Room Type Living/Dining Area
Smells of GasNo
Alexis P.Omega Altise

Hi there, its great to hear that your heater is performing just how it should and keeping you cosy in the cold weather. We will pass your valuable feedback on to our marketing and research departments. The team at Altise.

Jaimie

Jaimie

fantastic!!!

The heat produced is amazing! we live in quite a large, open plan house and after only a short time with the heater on, the house is lovely and warm meaning less gas use with a cozy house. We absolutely love this heater and it is perfectly safe with our three active children running around.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Gas Heaters

Find out how Omega Altise Lancer compares to other Gas Heaters

Problem with heat tiles

Have had this heater FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS. no problems to date except the right and left heat tiles have developed what appears to be a slight naked flame to the top external edge on both. What is the problem? will this problem cause a fire or explode? Hater has been cleaned annually.

Date PurchasedJun 2004

Kath GSydney, NSW

Worth the money

We replaced our 20 year old NG Heater with the Lancer NG and it has turned out to be a fantastic heater . It heats the room efficiently and the fan is very quiet . I decided to get the Black Marble one as my previous gas heater was cream and in a short time had sooty heat marks that needed regular cleaning to remove the marks . This one hasn't got that problem at all and Im very happy with the black finish . I would highly recommend this heater

Mary

MaryPerth

Lancer Everdure

We bought this heater quite a few years ago to heat a large family, games, kitchen and dining area. We love this heater - heats the whole area quietly and efficiently. Really like that you can put it on high, then turn the heat setting and fan setting to low and it just keeps the entire area cozy and warm
Easy to use, variable heat and fan settings, energy efficient

wont stay going?

My gas heater when i push the ignite button it fires up the flame. but when i let it go it just goes out.. i even held for 1 minute..what is the problem??easy to fix? first time its been used in a year.has never failed me in the past. worked in the morning then not that night

Tom0505
Tom0505

clean out the gas jets

mycosys
mycosys

Thermostat needs replacing - system thinks there is no pilot light (sees it as cold) so shuts the gas off for safety

Jenny
Jenny

I have the same problem, so you know what it costs to get the thermostat replaced?

Phill Mueller

Phill MuellerADELAIDE

Faulty

Just bought one, started OK then kept turning off on its own, Lo or High, didnt matter. Tried relighting it & wouldnt, just gas smell, but then i blew on it, it fired up, this happend numerous times over30 hrs.
Had enough, took it back and exchanged for a Rinnai. Beauty.
It looks good
Kept turning off on its own, Lo or High, didn't matter.- I mind of its own.

pnasca

pnascaNSW, 2061

Great value at just under $600, easy to use and install, and to date the most reliable product I've ever purchased.
It was cheap purchase at just under $600. I have a smallish sized living area of approx 50sq, and it heats it brilliantly. It works better than my expectations (given the price) and it is easy to use. My 5 year old can turn it on or off.
It will only heat 45-50sqm. This it is principle design, for larger area's you need a larger heater

Gas Heaters

Find out how Omega Altise Lancer compares to other Gas Heaters

Pete30

Pete30MELBOURNE

Trust Issues

Initial igniotion issue overcome . Issue was when we actually went to use it in cool weather to see how it would operate it spattered loud after about 4 minutes operation. We tried to relight it to see what the issue was but after several frustrating attempts gave up in fear of burning the house down. After a while and reading the booklet for trouble shooting I gave up. Then I noticed the ignition light burning faintloy ?! Really , that stuff went out in the 60's. I feel it's a fire trap. Either I get a refund this week or I simply throw it out the dump. Either way , I won't endanger my home and I will get a reliable brand no matter how much extra I need to pay .
Neat appearance
Not relaible and the ignition flame would not go out.

Talexander

Talexander

OK

this was a wedding gift so i am not sure as to the cost.
the lancer was given to us 3 years ago and has not broken down.
it heats our lounge/dining room (approx. 24Sqm) very effectively but only provides minimal heating to the rest of the house(which is expected).
the fan can be left off or turned on at 2 different settings. the low setting is reasonably quiet but the higher setting is a touch noisy.
heats Quickly
easy to use
reliable
fan speed a little noisy on higher setting

Heavy Metal Taste

Heavy Metal Tasteasked

Lancer

Sometimes the heater starts and remains alight, next time it ignites but then cuts out when I release the button. Very frustrating. It has been used only 15 - 20 times.

Alexis P.Omega Altise

Good morning , if you would like to contact our customer care team on 1300 739 033 one of our consultants will arrange a service call for you. Thanks for your enquiry, the team at Altise.

Andy N.

Andy N.asked

Lancer

Have everdure 15mj bought last year, happy with it until the last few days making high pitch whistling noise. Have not moved or done anything to it. Help how do I stop it.

Alexis P.Omega Altise

Good morning Andy, your heater is need of a service call so please contact our customer service desk on
1300 739 033 and one of our friendly consultants will assist you. Thanks the team at Altise.

CuriousM

CuriousMasked

Hi,
I have just bought an Everdure gas heater and the flame on the heater seems quite high, is this normal?

Alexis P.Everdure

Hi there , thanks for your enquiry , if you could contact our customer service desk on 1300 739 033 one of our friendly team will be able to assist you.
Look forward to chatting with you. The team at Everdure.

Kath G

Yes do contact them they are excellent to deal with

Get an answer from our members and Omega Altise representatives