Rinnai Avenger 25 / 25Plus

• Room Type
    • Living/Dining Area (8)
    • Open-Plan Office (1)
    • Whole House (1)
  • Heating Speed4/5 - 5/5 (7)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smells of GasYes (3) · No (6)
Steve _ Goldman Energy

Steve _ Goldman EnergySydney, NSW

FANTASTIC HEATS MY ROOM UP

My Avenger has been great with the temperature control and the economy mode also with the timer settings it has been a god send in the winter months.
also for circulation i can just put it on the fan without heat

Purchased in October 2015 for $991.00.

Bradley B.

Bradley B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent heater. Easy to use. Efficient and quiet.

The heater effectively heats large areas quickly. It reaches the desired temperature quickly. Easy to use control panel on heater. Very cost-effective and perfect for heating large areas on a family budget. The heater copes very well with high demand.

Purchased in June 2017 at Harvey Norman for $1,025.00.

JCD

JCDPerth, WA

Perfect heating solution

Purchased the Avenger 25 Plus 15 months ago. Heats a large open plan kitchen/dining/family room area on the "gas economy mode" very comfortably and efficiently. Usually set only on 19-20-21 degs. subject to outside temperature. Very happy with performance and highly recommend.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman.

Belinda

BelindaPerth, WA

Great little heater

We have quite a small house and this little unit is perfect to warm up the large open areas. We do have it going for half of the day and then on at night until we go to bed and the house stays nice and warm. The unit is quite and will be sad to see it go soon as we are getting ducted aircon. Would highly recommend though. Ppl may complain of smell but when we had ours installed the guy put an air grill close to the unit which is why we dont smell the unpleasant odours, however when the unit is off we do have to put paper over it to avoid cold air entering the house :-(

Purchased in January 2015 at Harvey Norman for $1,100.00.

Room Type Open-Plan Office
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Belinda, we are happy to hear the heater is working so well for you. We wish you many more years of troublefree operation.

Sharonf

SharonfHunter Region, NSW

Wonderful!

We love this heater! Our home has 3.3 metre ceilings, polished floor boards, huge glass windows and this heats it up sufficiently. The installation was simple and it is very easy to use. The only suggestion that I would make to rinnai was to make the stationary vents where the heat flows from flexible so you could change the direction of the airflow but apart from that a very good, economical investment.

Cozzy

CozzyPerth, WA

So warm in our large living room/kitchen/dining

Purchased in September 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Svgtr

SvgtrPerth, WA

Headache inducing

This heater produces a very strong smell of combustion gases that it lets off into the house since it's unflued. In a moderately large area and even with cross ventilation as is the recommendation, I experienced a headache within quite a short time. Whilst I am a sensitive individual, I would recommend instead to look at a flued gas heater or just use electric heating especially if small children, pregnant women or elderly persons live in the house.

Purchased in July 2019.

Bill Ethell

Bill EthellSouthwest, VIC

Not fit for purpose

I spoke to Rennai about the requirements for a heater and was advised that an Avenger 25 would be the best model. I used it twice on cold nights on the weekend. Today I noticed that altering the temperature setting to 18 degs doesn't turn the heater off as the room temperature is shown at 24 degs. I called the tech support who after some bafflement told me that the Avenger 25 doesn't have a temperature control and the unit needs to be turned off and on manually to control the temperature. He said I should have bought an Avenger 25 plus! What do I do now as I'm not always in the room to turn it on and off?

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review Bill Ethell. We would recommend returning your product back to the place of purchase for a full refund.

AndrásSydney, NSW

Disappointed with supposed features

Purchased in March 2019 at Appliances Online for $1,198.00.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Andras, we're sorry to hear about this and have sent a private message to discuss the matter further.

Gumnut

GumnutCanberra 2600, ACT

Excellent heater

Heats my large open plan living room quickly and maintains heat well. Suffered with electric heating before purchasing this unit and I'm so glad I made the change. Very easy to use and love the programmable start time. Great work Rinnai.

Purchased in March 2019.

Room Type Living/Dining Area and Whole House
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Gumnut, we are pleased to hear the heater is working well for you, we wish you many more cosy nights and warm mornings.

mrpatto

mrpattoSydney

Best Gas Heater!

Best gas heater I’ve ever owned! We have a massaive open area and the heater heats it all. Just set the temp and let it do it’s thing. Easy to use and quick to start. Great for the cold mornings. Very happy with purchase and highly recommended. Eco mode is great, as heater reaches temp turns down saving gas and money.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review mrpatto, we are glad to hear the heater is serving you well.

SSSuave

SSSuaveAshford, New South Wales

Great Heater when used correctly

Use mainly as a backup to our wood burning heater. Works great if you don't over demand. We close off areas not used in winter. (store rooms, guest BR, etc.) Always remember any unflued gas heater needs a bit airflow. We air our house out during the day to clear any smells and vent slightly while using. It is our backup so we are not solely dependent on it. If you are going to use gas to heat, do your homework first on flued/unflued heaters and then decide. Both work when used correctly.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review and the advise regarding flued v unflued heaters SSSuave. It is important to have the correct ventilation with these heaters and sized appropriately for the room it is heating.

Excellent!!

We bought it yesterday and I feel like that our life has been changed!
I didn’t like to use our air conditioner to warm up the room cause makes room too dry that’s the reason why we bought Gus heater.
So it doesn’t makes room dry.
Quick start, warm quickly and keep warming!

We love it!!

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Andy, we are pleased to hear the heater has had such a positive impact for you. We wish you many warm days and nights ahead.

Julie K

Julie K

exceeds expectations

Absolutely love the push button automatic start, quietness. It is so efficient that we run it on economy, and at time have to turn it off. We live in a very cold zone, s o have been totally blown away by its performance. Th company we dealt with were also super.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Julie K, we are so pleased to hear the heater is exceeding your expectations and wish you many more warm winters ahead.

Henno

HennoGold Coast

Gas Consumption

Just bought this from Harvey, and it is chewing through the gas....hard. We are on bottled LPG and the heater has used around half a bottle in a week. Is that normal?

Would like some advice on whether or not I should be using just gas or mixture of the gas and electric option?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the question Henno, it is hard to give a definite answer on gas usage as there are so many variables at play. We have a technical help desk available on 1300 555 545 which can provide you with advise about the heater usage.

Fralex

FralexSydney

Toastie warm

GlennCIllawarra, NSW

Very disappointed and cold!

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review GlennC, we are disappointed to hear of the issues you have faced with the heater and would like to follow up with you. Can you please email enquiry@rinnai.com.au and we can follow this up with the technician.

GlennC

Sent the email. Awaiting a reply...and still cold.

SDL75Sydney

Very powerful heater but really stinks out the house with a gassy smell.

I have a huge living room and this heater does a great job of filling the space with warmth. The gassy smell that has developed over the past couple of winters is starting to worry me though. Perhaps it just needs a service but I really wish I bought a flued heater now.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
SDL75

Ok, thanks. If the servicing solves the problem I'll review it again more favourably.

Great heater

I purchased this heater 6 months ago and have been extremely happy with it. It heats up our downstairs area very quickly. The heat also travels upstairs well and heats that area too. My only complaint would be that it does not have a fan setting which enables you to turn the fan down slightly. This isn't too much of a problem though and we have positioned it in an area where the air is not blowing toward the lounge area. Other than that it is a great heater and works well.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Sarah, we are glad to hear the heater is working well for you.

Kez

KezWollongong

Looove this heater

What a workhorse, I just love this heater. Yes it wasn't cheap, as gas heaters arnt, however it does a great job.
It heats our open plan house downstairs well and even the upstairs gets warmer, and it works fast. I love the kids lock on it. I like the idea of the timer settings but haven't used them. So handy to have a remote, but lost it- damn! All in all this has been a great investment that I expect to have for many years.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Kez. it's great to hear the heater has fit into your home so well. You can get replacement remotes for the heater, this can be ordered at any plumbing supply company that stocks Rinnai products,