Rinnai Energysaver FT Series

Rinnai Energysaver FT Series

559FT, 556FTR, 561FT, etc...

Electric and Gas Heaters Buying Guide

With the chilly season just around the corner, a room heater can be just the thing to keep you cosy. Read on for more information on how to strike a match with the best heaters for your home space, lifestyle and budget.

Read now

3.9

• Heating Speed1/5 - 5/5 (4)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (5)
Sur

SurCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Perfect for our needs

We had an old large Rinnai with a broken thermostat. I did some research and shopped around and got this Rinnai 309 for nearly half price. The size is perfect, it runs very quietly and the timer facility is great.

Purchased in January 2020 at Stan Cash for A$897.00.

An excellent appliance - had it 15 years

Tray

TrayNSW

Great Gas heater

This is awesome fluted gas heater that has energy saving feature to save money on gas bills. Warms up living room really well even on coldest winter nights. Its fluted gas heater so you do not have any gas fumes inside your home.

Svgtr

SvgtrPerth, WA

A healthy gas heater

Purchased in July 2019.

Ronaldo

RonaldoPerth, WA

Excellent Gas Heater

After a long period of researching different heater options I chose the Rinnai Energy saver 559FTN Flued heater. I have a very large open plan family, living and kitchen area with high ceilings and this heater keeps the area lovely and warm. The programmable timer is great as is the economy function. Overall this is a great product which was easily installed by a local gas plumber.

Purchased in May 2019 at Betta Home for A$1,900.00.

Cameron G.

Cameron G.South-Eastern Region, NSW

No remote control

I have just purchased a new Rinnai gas heater for our house, I am amazed that not only does it not come without a remote control, there is no option for one. I would have been happy to pay more for this option.
The cost to build this option would be negligible and would provide (in my opinion) a significant enhancement to the product. You are missing out on opportunities to integrate with WiFi, smart home automation, phone applications etc. I urge you to consider this and for my sake look at ways to retro fit this existing models.

Purchased in June 2019.

Elizabeth DGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible

I had a new Rinnai 561FT heater installed 2 days ago and regardless it is set to 26 degrees it did not managed to go over 17. Sitting next to the heater with my coat on I'm cursing Rinnai, the heater and the plumber who recommended it!

Purchased in June 2019.

Jaycee

JayceeAdelaide

Does the job really well!!!

We had an old heater with one of the three burners broken, and we ran it all winter - when we replaced it with the Rinnai energy saver that blasts us with warm air, heating the room quickly and generally working better, our bills increased only by about $20-30 a month! Considering our old heater didn’t even work, that says a LOT about how good the Rinnai is. Easy to install, and not over priced either. Would recommend this model 100%! It also looks quite nice, doesn’t take up a lot of space. If you are tossing up between models, this model heats a medium-sized open plan living space very well, but won’t reach the bedrooms. Still takes the chill out, though!

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Jaycee, we are happy to hear the heater is working so well for you. The Energysaver range are our most economical heaters so it's great to hear the bills haven't risen too much for you.

Fantastic heater

Love this heater, heats room up within 10 Min, it’s quiet and looks good too. The only problem is the customer service line, I rang it to ask for help setting the timers and the Man just read straight out of the manual I had and got annoyed with me because I was asking a question and he said he didn’t know and told me he didnt know everything!! He seemed annoyed at me for ringing and had even less of an idea how to use the heater than I did. But I am extremely happy with the heater.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Rosie, we are glad the heater is working well for you. We have also passed on your feedback to our management team to address, we appreciate you letting us know.

Dunolly

DunollyDunolly

Junk

I bought the Rinnai 1005ft and the 559ft had them installed with brand new dedicated gas lines and a brand new 400l lpg bottle. over $7500- inclusive. The 559ft was junk straight out of the box. Noisy rattly junk. A very astute technician who came back 3 times (120klm rountrip each time) tried everything before authorising a replacement. A second technician arrived and installed another brand new unit out of the box. After installing the second unit he determined it had fan cavitation. The second unit is not as noisy as the first but it’s brand new and still junk. I had to take an overall total of 4 days away from my business interests to be present to open the house for the technicians. DONT BUY THE 559FT IT IS GARBAGE!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Carole Mar

Carole MarAU

Had one 25 years ago and bought one again. The Best !

I had an old Rinnai energysaver that was over 25 years old and wanted a new one. The internal flue was no problem to install and the family is so happy to have heat again, just as the cooler autumn weather has begun. In 15 mins, the family/kitchen area is warm and toasty. Have still to learn how to use the Economical setting, but having the 2 sets of timers is great. Just make sure your area is not too big and I'm sure you'll be happy with this heater. Nice sleek appearance too and doesn't take up much space ! The cat loves it as well !

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Carole, we love hearing how well a heater suits our customers. (good to know it is feline approved too)

We wish you many more years of winter warmth.

monsie

monsieSebastopol

i am happy with it, is quiet and does the trick.

I moved to the new unit and the Rinnai Energysaver 556 FTR was here awaiting for me!!!
I am happy with it but because I am vision impaired I cannot see it it works with gas or electricity. It is gas is it not? Sorry I ask an obvious question... I do not know when it was purchased... so I'll click on anything so I can send you my query.
monsie pickles ms

Date PurchasedMar 2010
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the quetion Monsie, the 556FTR heater is a gas run heater, if you need further help with its operation please contact us on 1300 555 545

Candz

CandzMelbourne

So toasty

I actually bought this heater second hand and it is the best heater I have had so far . I got it installed and it hasn't missed a beat. It has two timers so I set one before we get up in the morning and the second one for an hour before we get home at night . I have cathedral ceilings and quite a large lounge and it is always warm in my family room. The only problem is the fa is quite noisy but due to my large living area this isn't too much of an issue

Date PurchasedApr 2015
robieanne

robieanneCaringbah South NSW 2229

Excellent, and a time saver being programable

Being able to set the timer for each program is wonderful, you get up in the morning to a warm house and you come home at night to a warm home, and are not running the heating during the day in an empty house. The cost saving s a plus too,.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Lrak

Lrak

Fantastic heater

Much better than a heat pump for us. We found heat pumps dry the air and play havoc with contact lenses but no such problem with this heater even without using the humidifier tray. Warm efficient heater which is pretty cheap to run. Timer function would be better if you could set different times for weekends but this is a minor quibble. overall even on the coldest wellington days in a typical draughty non insulated house we were warm this winter

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Old bushyInvergordon

What a rubish unit

It is 2 weeks since my heater was installed by a plumber who has had several phone calls to Rinnai. I have also called Rinnai. It is still not working. Winter will be past it seems before it will be working. It will not light so I cannot feel it will have been a good purchase.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Old bushy

They are connected to new LPG gas cylinders with new regulators and pipework.
The plumber has been in contact with Rinnai last Friday and since to no avail

Rinnai A.Rinnai

It can be very difficult to diagnose issues of this nature over the phone, if you would like to contact us via the private message system here or by emailing enquiry@rinnai.com.au mentioning this review, we will try to help further.

Works good until warranty expires

Have one of these to heat my shop. A few years ago the heat exchanger wall burned through just after warranty expired. Parts were not available to fix it, so it was repaired with furnace cement. Now I find out the RHFE-556WTA was recalled for the seal that leaked and caused the exhanger to burn through and now I'm told parts that have burned aren't covered. What gives? Not buying another one of these ever again. I'm lucky my shop didn't burn to the ground! Guess I'm getting out my scrap sheet metal to fix this again before I freeze.

Our 559FT has similar rattle

Brilliant heater 559FT natural gas

Fantastic unit! Money well spent! I should have done it sooner.
Just reading some of the other remarks. For me, Sales people were more than useless... From recommending wrong units that I could not have use due to flue. to trying to sell me the earth.
In the end I did all my own leg work and called Rinnai direct and got the best answers.
Had unit about a week, using a heat transfer to duct heat through out the house. (Does not make each room feel like it has a heater inside it) but the entire house has warmed up but several degrees, even better than I expected.
People use common sense.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for your review John, we are glad to hear that both the advice and the heater recommended have exceeded your expectations. We wish you continued warm from your new heater

david

davidCanberra

have rinnia 559ft very smelly?

have rinnia 559 ft gas heater ? only problem is very smelly after shut down/turn off?. as fan stay on after gas shuts off> needs to open window to get rid of bad smell? no idear of the running costs can not get price from retailer they say ? 8

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for your comments David, has the heater been serviced recently? We do have a technical help line that may be able to assist you, they can be contacted on 1300 555 545.

Sharon Mc

Sharon Mcasked

556FTR

On my Rinnai heater the filter light flash’s, l cleaned them and put them back, the light went off for a couple of days, but now l just heard three beeps and the light is back on, checked the filters and they are clean.
What am l missing!

Hi Sharon Mc,

Thank you for your question.

Please contact our Technical Help team on 1300 555 545 Option 3 and they can assist you further.

Rinnai Australia

vickypowell19

vickypowell19asked

Energysaver 561FT

Just purchased a rinnai 561ft to replace 557ft which was fantastic but had its day. The plumber can’t work out how to attach the air supply hose as it is too long and will kink behind the heater. Can someone tell me so I can tell him.!

Hi vickypowell19,

Thanks for the question, we recommend that your plumber contacts our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia

Majid S.

Majid S.asked

556FTR

Hi the speed of convection fan at the beginning is hi and the heat is quite good but after approximately 15 minutes the speed drops and the amount of heat will decrease.
How can I fix the problem and get the heat like the start until the temperature in the room reaches the set temperature.

Hi Majid S,

Thanks for the question, firstly, check that the economy button is not pressed on as it will reduce the heat and fan speed.

Check the Set point and Room temperature display in case the room sensor is reading a higher temperature than actual as that will reduce fan and heat.

Make sure that there are no obstructions around the rear, sides and top of the heater causing reduced air flow/ventilation.

If you require any further assistance please call our Technical help desk on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Thanks,
Rinnai Australia.

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Compare all 6 Rinnai Energysaver FT Series
CategoryGas HeatersGas HeatersGas HeatersGas Heaters
Price (RRP) A$2,253.00A$1,813.00A$2,253.00A$2,253.00
Max Room Size 85498585
Colour / FinishWhiteWhiteWhiteWhite
Dimensions 582 x 760 x 257 mm695 x 465 x 257 mm750 x 545 x 262 mm750 x 545 x 262 mm
FeaturesEnergy Saving Mode, Thermostat and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Thermostat and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Thermostat and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Thermostat and Timer
Gas Star Rating 4.8 star(s)4.8 star(s)4.8 star(s)4.8 star(s)
Max Gas Input23 mJ/h13 mJ/h23 mJ/h23 mJ/h
Power5,200 W2,900 W5,000 W5,000 W
Gas TypeLPG and Natural GasLPG and Natural GasNatural GasLPG
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)
Release dateMar 2013Nov 2011Mar 2013Mar 2013