Rinnai Energysaver FT Series

559FT, 556FTR, 561FT, etc...

Pros

• A sensitive-friendly choice

• Wide range of designs

• Heating Speed1/5 - 5/5 (4)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (5)

Sur
SurCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Perfect for our needs

We had an old large Rinnai with a broken thermostat. I did some research and shopped around and got this Rinnai 309 for nearly half price. The size is perfect, it runs very quietly and the timer facility is great.

Purchased in January 2020 at Stan Cash for $897.00.

An excellent appliance - had it 15 years

Tray
TrayNSW

Great Gas heater

This is awesome fluted gas heater that has energy saving feature to save money on gas bills. Warms up living room really well even on coldest winter nights. Its fluted gas heater so you do not have any gas fumes inside your home.

Svgtr
SvgtrPerth, WA

A healthy gas heater

Purchased in July 2019.

Ronaldo
RonaldoPerth, WA

Excellent Gas Heater

After a long period of researching different heater options I chose the Rinnai Energy saver 559FTN Flued heater. I have a very large open plan family, living and kitchen area with high ceilings and this heater keeps the area lovely and warm. The programmable timer is great as is the economy function. Overall this is a great product which was easily installed by a local gas plumber.

Purchased in May 2019 at Betta Home for $1,900.00.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Cameron G.
Cameron G.South-Eastern Region, NSW

No remote control

I have just purchased a new Rinnai gas heater for our house, I am amazed that not only does it not come without a remote control, there is no option for one. I would have been happy to pay more for this option.
The cost to build this option would be negligible and would provide (in my opinion) a significant enhancement to the product. You are missing out on opportunities to integrate with WiFi, smart home automation, phone applications etc. I urge you to consider this and for my sake look at ways to retro fit this existing models.

Purchased in June 2019.

Elizabeth DGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible

I had a new Rinnai 561FT heater installed 2 days ago and regardless it is set to 26 degrees it did not managed to go over 17. Sitting next to the heater with my coat on I'm cursing Rinnai, the heater and the plumber who recommended it!

Purchased in June 2019.

Jaycee
JayceeAdelaide

Does the job really well!!!

We had an old heater with one of the three burners broken, and we ran it all winter - when we replaced it with the Rinnai energy saver that blasts us with warm air, heating the room quickly and generally working better, our bills increased only by about $20-30 a month! Considering our old heater didn’t even work, that says a LOT about how good the Rinnai is. Easy to install, and not over priced either. Would recommend this model 100%! It also looks quite nice, doesn’t take up a lot of space. If you are tossing up between models, this model heats a medium-sized open plan living space very well, but won’t reach the bedrooms. Still takes the chill out, though!

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Jaycee, we are happy to hear the heater is working so well for you. The Energysaver range are our most economical heaters so it's great to hear the bills haven't risen too much for you.

Fantastic heater

Love this heater, heats room up within 10 Min, it’s quiet and looks good too. The only problem is the customer service line, I rang it to ask for help setting the timers and the Man just read straight out of the manual I had and got annoyed with me because I was asking a question and he said he didn’t know and told me he didnt know everything!! He seemed annoyed at me for ringing and had even less of an idea how to use the heater than I did. But I am extremely happy with the heater.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Rosie, we are glad the heater is working well for you. We have also passed on your feedback to our management team to address, we appreciate you letting us know.

Dunolly
DunollyDunolly

Junk

I bought the Rinnai 1005ft and the 559ft had them installed with brand new dedicated gas lines and a brand new 400l lpg bottle. over $7500- inclusive. The 559ft was junk straight out of the box. Noisy rattly junk. A very astute technician who came back 3 times (120klm rountrip each time) tried everything before authorising a replacement. A second technician arrived and installed another brand new unit out of the box. After installing the second unit he determined it had fan cavitation. The second unit is not as noisy as the first but it’s brand new and still junk. I had to take an overall total of 4 days away from my business interests to be present to open the house for the technicians. DONT BUY THE 559FT IT IS GARBAGE!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Carole Mar
Carole MarAU

Had one 25 years ago and bought one again. The Best !

I had an old Rinnai energysaver that was over 25 years old and wanted a new one. The internal flue was no problem to install and the family is so happy to have heat again, just as the cooler autumn weather has begun. In 15 mins, the family/kitchen area is warm and toasty. Have still to learn how to use the Economical setting, but having the 2 sets of timers is great. Just make sure your area is not too big and I'm sure you'll be happy with this heater. Nice sleek appearance too and doesn't take up much space ! The cat loves it as well !

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Carole, we love hearing how well a heater suits our customers. (good to know it is feline approved too)

We wish you many more years of winter warmth.

monsie
monsieSebastopol

i am happy with it, is quiet and does the trick.

I moved to the new unit and the Rinnai Energysaver 556 FTR was here awaiting for me!!!
I am happy with it but because I am vision impaired I cannot see it it works with gas or electricity. It is gas is it not? Sorry I ask an obvious question... I do not know when it was purchased... so I'll click on anything so I can send you my query.
monsie pickles ms

Date PurchasedMar 2010
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the quetion Monsie, the 556FTR heater is a gas run heater, if you need further help with its operation please contact us on 1300 555 545

Candz
CandzMelbourne

So toasty

I actually bought this heater second hand and it is the best heater I have had so far . I got it installed and it hasn't missed a beat. It has two timers so I set one before we get up in the morning and the second one for an hour before we get home at night . I have cathedral ceilings and quite a large lounge and it is always warm in my family room. The only problem is the fa is quite noisy but due to my large living area this isn't too much of an issue

Date PurchasedApr 2015
robieanne
robieanneCaringbah South NSW 2229

Excellent, and a time saver being programable

Being able to set the timer for each program is wonderful, you get up in the morning to a warm house and you come home at night to a warm home, and are not running the heating during the day in an empty house. The cost saving s a plus too,.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Lrak
Lrak

Fantastic heater

Much better than a heat pump for us. We found heat pumps dry the air and play havoc with contact lenses but no such problem with this heater even without using the humidifier tray. Warm efficient heater which is pretty cheap to run. Timer function would be better if you could set different times for weekends but this is a minor quibble. overall even on the coldest wellington days in a typical draughty non insulated house we were warm this winter

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Liz M.
Liz M.asked
556FTR

Can the humidifier tray be completely removed to clean - given it is so close to the base will it be difficult to re insert.

Thanks Liz

Hi Liz M,
Thanks for the question.

We would recommend contacting our Technical team on 1300 555 545 for further advice.

Rinnai Australia.

Lee
Leeasked
556FTR

I have broken the control cover. How can I buy a replacement?

Hi Lee,
Thanks for the question, a replacement remote can be ordered at any Rinnai stockist. You can find your nearest store here:

Rinnai Australia

Denise
Deniseasked
556FTR

The filter light keeps flashing ... we clean the filter, replace it and after a short time, the light flashes again. Any ideas?? We recently moved into the house so not sure of the history of cleaning by the previous owners.

Hi Denise

Thank you for your enquiry, has the heater been serviced recently? We do recommend with any gas heater that they are cleaned and serviced every 2 years to ensure optimum safety and performance.

Rinnai Australia

See all Rinnai Energysaver FT Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Rinnai Energysaver FT Series

Features unique to the Energysaver heaters

• A power flue offers multiple installation options.
  • Rinnai sttates that the Energysaver series offer zero-emissions gas heaters. This makes them suitable for people with allergies or respiratory problems, according to the brand.
  • A 4.8-star energy rating, though promising, isn’t quite as high as the Rinnai Avenger 25 and the Dynamo 15, which both have 5.8 stars.

Standard features for Rinnai gas heaters

• An electronic thermostat allows you to set and forget the temperature.
  • Dual digital timers let you program the heater to run at specific times, both in the morning and at night.
  • Economy mode steadily decreases the temperature in a room an hour after the pre-programmed temperature has been achieved.
  • A child lock keeps children safe from the heating element of this gas heater.

Energysaver models available

There are heaters for both residential and commercial use, and the below models are for residential use.

• 309FT: The smallest, most compact model in the Energysaver series, with a flued option that's friendly for using in bedrooms.
  • 1005FT: The most powerful heater Rinnai has for large open plan spaces. It can heat even the coldest zones of Australia up to an area of 75 square metres, according to Rinnai.
  • 559FT: This is suitable for large living areas, and for placing under windows due to its slimline design.
  • 561FT: Suitable for medium to large living areas. Rinnai asserts that its thin, tall design makes the 561FT ideal for placing between fixed cabinetry or in narrow spaces.
Compare all 6 Rinnai Energysaver FT Series
CategoryGas HeatersGas HeatersGas HeatersGas Heaters
Price (RRP) $2,253.00$1,813.00$2,253.00$2,253.00
Max Room Size 85498585
Dimensions 582 x 760 x 257 mm695 x 465 x 257 mm750 x 545 x 262 mm750 x 545 x 262 mm
FeaturesEnergy Saving Mode, Thermostat and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Thermostat and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Thermostat and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Thermostat and Timer
Gas Star Rating 4.8 star(s)4.8 star(s)4.8 star(s)4.8 star(s)
Max Gas Input23 mJ/h13 mJ/h23 mJ/h23 mJ/h
Power5,200 W2,900 W5,000 W5,000 W
Gas TypeLPG and Natural GasLPG and Natural GasNatural GasLPG
Manufacturer Warranty10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)10 year(s)
Colour / FinishWhiteWhiteWhiteWhite