Electric and Gas Heaters Buying Guide

With the chilly season just around the corner, a room heater can be just the thing to keep you cosy. Read on for more information on how to strike a match with the best heaters for your home space, lifestyle and budget.

Read now

4.4

Liss

LissPerth

Compact and convenient

I bought this heater to warm a larger area and it is very good at doing this. I am able to move this from one gas point in the family room to another in the lounge room if I want to. The controls are easy to use and the instruction manual is well laid out. There is an economy mode that gradually reduces the heat setting once the room has maintained the set temperature for 1 hour. This is a plus as it saves on energy and money.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
    Chopper

ChopperClaremont

Super little heater

I bought this heating as this winter of the year is really COLD!. it is freezing out there. I need a heater so that is why this unit was bought. Little unit and it is enought for my place which is 2 bedroom apartments. it heats up our decent sized apartment of 51 sqm. make sure the doors and the air holes need to be properly shut otherwise the heat will come out.
    We are amazed that with this tiny unit it can bring the whole apartment warm and with the eco mode on. it really makes the temperature on the room stable.
    Recommended when you have tiny space like we have.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
    Kara

KaraPerth

Winter not a winter

Bought this for our theather room. This machine is small and fit well for decent room.
    The built is solid and it does not give so much gas smell. Hardly to notice it. suprisingly pretty quiet for a heater.
    It has temperature setting which allow you to set to specific temperature. A timer to make sure you can set it off anytime you like. Great heater!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
    Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Kara, we are always pleased to hear feedback from our customer and we are glad to see the heater is working well for you.

Gas Heaters

Find out how Rinnai Enduro 13 compares to other Gas Heaters

Gordon

Gordon

Non-service

Tried to call up Rinnai about heater not working - not possible, no phone numbers listed. Only way to get someone to check it is to lodge an internet service call and be hit with immediate $200 fee for it to be attended to by a service company. My heater is under warranty and was showing error code 18. No formal warranty plan in place, service company will only look at it for a fee.
    Reply came back from service company - nothing wrong with it. But you have to pay the fee

Date PurchasedJul 2015
    Wes80

Wes80Wollongong

Love it! heats the whole house

i got this so i could move it around and to be used in addition to our big heater
    however the big heater is no longer required, this heats the whole home
    I just set it on economy mode and its does the rest.
    there is little smell and it looks good

Date PurchasedJun 2015
    Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Wes80, always nice to hear when our heaters exceed expectations.

Sue1604

Sue1604Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Great performer

This is a great little heater, compact and super easy to start and use. It is more than adequate for my needs and I did not have to have it at full capacity all winter. It's also quite economical to use. The heat is instant and the fan is efficient and quiet. I would definitely recommend this heater

Date PurchasedJun 2016
    Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Sue1604. always great to hear when our heaters perform well for our customers.

StanTheMan

StanTheManSydney

Just the right size for our flat

We live in a south facing flat which gets pretty chilly in winter. Now we are toasty and warm. Bought this for winter last year, and I didn't even have to teach my wife how to use it! Does the job perfectly.
    5 Stars definitely.

plumboss

plumbossPerth, WA

Easy to use

Since purchasing this heater 3 months ago I have had no problems with it.
    Manufacturers recommended a 25kj heater which would have been overkill and probably cost more to run, our previous heater was a Cosy Glow 11kj which struggled.
    In 90 days this year I used 300 units of gas more than the same time last year ($40)
    The heater is very easy to use, compact, very quiet and cheap to run.
    Easy to use, low running costs, compact, quiet, inexpensive to purchase and so far reliable.

oldmate

oldmateAU

Great heater, so easy to use!!

I walk past this heater and press 'on' that's it. It can be locked to stop the kids messing with the controls. There are no exposed heating elements so it's nice and safe for Homes with children running around. We use it in a slighlty larger area than it's recommended for And find it heats really well.
    No exposed heating elements, VERY easy to operate.
    Nothing it's all good

Gas Heaters

Find out how Rinnai Enduro 13 compares to other Gas Heaters

Scotts'

Scotts'asked

Enduro 13

we just had our heater serviced but now when it reaches 22 degrees the filter light keeps flashing, never used to can you please tell me if I need to call for service again

Hi Scotts,

Thanks for the question.

This issue may be a due to a faulty thermistor. We would recommend contacting the service agent to have the heater checked.

Thanks,
    Rinnai Australia.

Bryan

Bryanasked

Enduro 13

is there a naked flame inside the unit thanks Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for the question, no there is no naked flame inside the Enduro 13 heater.

Rinnai Australia

Dave G

Dave Gasked

Enduro 13

I have a enduro 13 , is it normal not too beep when pressing buttons ??? Thanking you in advance

Hi Dave G,
    Thanks for the question, we would recommend contacting our Technical Department to discuss this matter further. They can be reached on 1300 555 545 (option 3).

Thanks,
    Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives