Rinnai Dynamo 15

4.3

• Heating Speed4/5 - 5/5 (2)
  • Temperature Consistency
  • Safety
  • Smells of GasYes (0) · No (1)

GPXSydney, NSW

Good heater - poor after sales service by Rinnai

After years of reliable service my heater is displaying fault #12. Trying to find a Rinnai repair agent was very hard because the website is cryptic and the phone number Rinnai advertise is rarely answered. However I eventually I did. Sadly after sitting in the workshop for 4 weeks the Rinnai repair tech could not find the problem. So now I still have a broken heater and I am $110 out of pocket. Thanks for nothing Rinnai

Purchased in April 2008 for $1,100.00.

GPX

Oh I did. And after a 15 min wait I was told they were not allowed to "recommend a repair agent by law"; and then they hung up on me.

rosieb-w

rosieb-wSydney Surrounds, NSW

Highly effective

This is a powerful heater which we have always been happy with. It heats up straight away and quickly heats up a large area of our house. It gives out consistent heat to the desired temperature without weakening.It can become very strong within close proximity and I may need to turn it off or move away. It is also quite heavy and does not have wheels which would help when needing to change angle of the heater. I like that it has a child lock as we have a little boy. The whole household enjoys this heater very much. A great purchase.

Purchased in July 2018.

Bob

Bob

Not safe

Set at 19.20.22
Runs on full blast ...gets to 27 have to turn off manually....won't cut off automatically...
$1000....
Run normal or economy won't cut out...
Looks great but poor performance for the money and definitely big big safety issue with no cut out/ stop on set temperature..
Avenger 25plus does..(5year old model) but too strong for smaller room...

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Bob, the Dynamo heater does not have an automatic shut off, our Capella 18Plus and Avenger 25Plus have this function.

Pg quick

Pg quick

Great Heater.

This heater is really good so easy to use and lots of features.I did not buy the Avenger 25 as its out put was too large for my room size.The Dynamo model is just right for the room,it has push button start with automatic fan speed,i like it very much.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for your review Pg quick, we are pleased to hear the Dynamo heater is suiting your needs. It is important to choose a heater than fits the room so as not to cause issues of over heating.

matt

mattMelbourne

trust

trust the good brand all the time. have a central heating with Rinnai as well at home. It performs well and better than other brand i tried. a bit expensive than average, but you pay for what you get.perform consistent, and heat up pretty quick. suggest it to the people need a stale heater

Steve

Steve

Heats the room quickly and quietly. Timers work really well

We replaced a noisy reverse-cycle air conditioner with this gas heater, and couldn't be happier. It quickly heats the room without any fuss, and maintains the temperature easily. We use the self-timers to have it switch on automatically an hour before we awake and the room is nice and toasty when we get up. No complaints

Date PurchasedJune 2017
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Steve, we're happy to hear the heater is working so well for you.

June Tay

June TayPerth

Amazing Heater

Hi all, this heater works amazing at our 3 bedroom 2 bath house. Bought this as my sister bought it before and she told me it does not really smell as other brands. I bought it and it is proven that I could not really smell the burning gas. It heat the small room around 30sqm really quick and it has economy mode and temperature setting so that you can save you bills. Our winter this time saved by this little heater.

Manoj

ManojSydney

Keeps the whole house warm

This is a fantastic heater. My house is a 4 bedroom small-medium sized house. we keep this heater in the living room pointing the corridor leading towards the rooms. It would warm up the whole house in just under an hour.
This is very economical as well. It has "Eco mode", 2 timer functions and the temperature setting (relatively accurate).
We have been using this for just over five years now.

Highly recommended to anyone looking for a portable heating solution.

Date PurchasedApr 2012
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Manoj, we are always please to hear from our long term customers and it's great to hear your heater is serving you so well.

Alex

AlexAdelaide

Good little heater

Had no problems with this heater. Works well for heating small to medium sized room and is quite efficient at doing so. Much better than the old one we replaced. Slimline design so tucks away into the corner without consuming too much floor space in our living room. Would definable the recommend to others

Michael McDermott

Michael McDermottSYDNEY

Great heater and very very little gas smell

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Michelle

MichelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Gas Heater Eever

I live in a small 2 bedroom apartment. This gas heater is cheap to operate and fast to run. It only takes 10 minutes and I can feel my apartment warm. It's nice and cosy for me and my dogs. Best decision ever. Why buy an electric heater when gas is cheaper to operate?

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
elizabeth.bender.92

elizabeth.bender.92Sydney, Australia

Excellent hearing system for small home!

This is a dependable gas heater that work well every time. It heats an entire medium sized room very quickly and efficiently. It has a clean and modern look and it easily blends in so as not to become a focal point of the room. Easy to use and easy to program and to turn on. We have been very happy with this purchase.

Date PurchasedJuly 2013
Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Elizabeth, we're pleased to hear the heater is working well for you.

About the kerosene smell

We've had our heater for three years now without any problems, then a few days ago we started noticing a strong gas smell coming from it. We opened more Windows and made sure the filter was clean but the smell did not go away. Then we noticed our oranges from the week before starting to mould. We wrapped up the moldy fruits and threw the out and presto the gassy kerosene smell was gone!

Great buy

The current Sydney chills finally forced us to get a heater. Did the research and got the Dynamo. We have been very happy with it so far. Installation was a breeze, and operating it is simple. And it is toasty warm! The timer option is a great tool as as well.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the great review David T, we hope you continue to enjoy your new heater.

Great Gas Heater. Love it

Got the Rinnai Dynamo 15, for heating our Lounge, Kitchen and dining area. Really like the unit, it does its job.
Very easy to use. only suggestion for newbie, to connect to gas point, you don't screw thing, but more like a hard push first in gas point and then slight turn/screw thing.

I would recommend this to anyone.
But if for much larger areas, will also look at larger Avenger model

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for your review and the tip for connecting to the gas point. We hope you continue to enjoy your heater for many years to come.

EllyHunter Region, NSW

Disappointed

Panania

PananiaSydney

Just the right heater we needed.

After reading several reviews (including reviews on productreview.com.au), we've recently bought the Rinnai Dynamo 15.
It is compact, extremely simple to install. This piece of machine is quiet and has absolutely no smell.
Warm up lounge room, dinning room and kitchen area (approx. 38m2) within 20 minutes.
It's a bit on the pricey side but truly worth it.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the review Panania. We hope you continue to enjoy using your Rinnai Dynamo 15.

Graham-and-Hayley

Graham-and-HayleyPerth, WA

The research was worth it! Fantastic!

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for the feedback Graham-and-Hayley. We are glad to hear you are enjoying your Dynamo heater.

Am I a happy vegemite?

Am I a happy vegemite?Gold Coast

Great

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thank you for your review of the Dynamo heater, we are glad to hear you are happy with it.

jenniemorton

jenniemortonadelaide

Perfect! Can't live without it

We are absolutely thrilled with this heater! This is our 2nd one now for a different area of our large home, as the first one was so effective. We are looking forward to a warm and cozy winter as these heaters thoroughly warm a large area in very little time. I would definitely recommend it to anyone needing instant, quiet, clean and economical heat.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Thanks for the review Jenniemorton. We are very happy to hear your delight with your new heater and thank you for your loyalty to our brand. We wish you many warm winters to come.

Raymond K.asked

Dynamo 15

Hi, Rinnai Dynamo 15 purchased last week. Turned it on this morning and after a while fan sounds and then dies and code 11 comes up and on/off light keeps flickering red. We live in a new village with bottled lpg service. Cannot believe the brand new Rinnai is faulty so could it be the gas supply?

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Raymond K, error code 11 is an indication of Ignition failure and the heater will automatically shut down as a safety precaution. There could be a number of reasons for the failure and a lack of gas supply could be the issue. If you are able to check the heater on another outlet or check the outlet with another heater you may be able to confirm where the error lies.

Our technical help desk may be able to troubleshoot with you, they are available on 1300 555 545 option 3.

Raymond K.

Thank you for your response. I get in touch the village management and try get a plumber to check gas supply to start with.

Meysam s.

Meysam s.asked

Dynamo 15

I have a Rinnai Dynamo 15 (LPG) and I smell gas when the heater is working. It gets worse when the room temperature and the set up temperature are the same. It seems when the heater shut down while the fan is working the gas flow does not stop. I should mention that my eyes was burning while I was smelling the gas.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Meysam s Thanks for your question. We would recommend booking a service call for the unit if there is any indication of gas leaking. Our technical team can run through some troubleshoorting with you on 1300 555 545 option 3 or you can book online here:

Deb

Debasked

Dynamo 15

My gas heater has been off for months and starting making intermittent clicking noises in the morning when room temperature is low.

Rinnai A.Rinnai

Hi Deb, our technical team can help with some troubleshooting with the unit on 1300 555 545 option 3. If the heater has not been serviced recently this may be required to ensure the heater is working correctly.

Rinnai Australia

Get an answer from our members and Rinnai representatives

Rinnai Dynamo 15

Compare all 4 Rinnai Dynamo 15
CategoryGas HeatersGas HeatersGas HeatersGas Heaters
Price (RRP) $1,226.00$1,226.00$1,226.00$1,226.00
Heater TypeConvector & Panel and PortableConvector & Panel and PortableConvector & Panel and PortableConvector & Panel and Portable
Max Room Size 59595959
Colour / FinishSilverWhiteSilverWhite
Dimensions 495 x 490 x 245 mm495 x 490 x 245 mm495 x 490 x 245 mm495 x 490 x 245 mm
FeaturesEnergy Saving Mode, Remote Control and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Remote Control and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Remote Control and TimerEnergy Saving Mode, Remote Control and Timer
Gas Star Rating 5.8 star(s)5.8 star(s)5.8 star(s)5.8 star(s)
Max Gas Input15 mJ/h15 mJ/h15 mJ/h15 mJ/h
Power3,800 W3,800 W3,800 W3,800 W
Gas TypeLPGLPGNatural GasNatural Gas
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Release dateMar 2006Mar 2006Mar 2006Mar 2006