Only 1 Gift Card

Only 1 Gift Card

Do not buy

These cards do not work and are a nightmare to replace. Takes multiple phone calls and cards never turn up. Absolute waste of time and all is a big scam hoping people don’t spend the time chasing it up.

Purchased in April 2020 at Woolworths for $213.90.

Mel

MelSydney, NSW

DON"T BUY

The cards do not work. My daughter was given one with $50 for Christmas. It does not work anywhere. There are no email addresses to contact the company and the ONLY way to speak to someone over the phone is to report the card lost or stolen. Once you finally get to speak to someone after having to press the button to report lost or stolen they then say they can't unblock the card without the reciept number and there's nothing they can do. After registering the card most people, as I did, would assume it's fine to use and don't keep the reciept. So my daughter didn't get her gift and the person that bought the card should have just chucked their money on the ground. I can only imagine the money the company is making from unspent cards.

Purchased in January 2021 for $50.00.

Helen C.

Helen C.Sydney, NSW

Terrible card

Someone on here said to use through PayPal and they are right. Only way I can use the card. It gets declined everywhere even though I’ve followed all the instructions

Yas P

Yas P

Worst Gift card. DON'T BUY

I got so much hassle using this card. I can't even check my balance. Website is the worst I have ever seen. You have to create an account just to check account balance. You frequently get access denied from website. DON'T BUY

Purchased in November 2020 at Woolworths for $200.00.

No Pin Number

Same as other reviewers, I find this giftcard is very hard to use, when purchasing in store because the card doesn't have pin number, after select pay by card in store, press return to skip inputting pin number then the cashier will ask you to sign the docket. when purchasing online I can't partially pay using this card and other credit card

Purchased in November 2020 for $50.00.

JMC

JMCSouth East Queensland, QLD

Buyer Beware!

The product packaging for Visa Only 1 Cards is misleading. Not only can you not use the card for in-store purchases (only phone and online); you can only use the card for an amount the same or less than what's on the card - no partial payments if you want to buy something that costs more and have multiple cards. Mine also didn't activate automatically, so now I have a company collecting data I don't want them to have as I was forced to register online. Give cash. It saves the hassle and the time wasting.

Purchased in January 2021 at Officeworks for $150.00.

Worst Gift Card ever!!

Received cards as gift but unable to use as 'Transaction not valid' at store checkout (Feb 2021). Tried to sort out online and on the phone but message after entering card numbers, expiry date and security code number - 'number does not match records'. Finally managed to speak to someone on the 1300 391 709 number and was told that my cards would be replaced as they were defective but it would take 3 weeks to receive the replacement cards. I would not recommend this gift card and judging by the product reviews, I am at a loss as to why this card is still available. Will be following up with Woolworths and Visa.

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths for $200.00.

Our Experience in bullet point form

Purchased in February 2020 for $100.00.

Belinda M.

Belinda M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Do not buy these gift cards

Similar experience to John who wrote a review on this card who I would like to thank for the detailed explanation as was ready to give up, as we had the exact same experience. I've just called the number and selected lost/stolen and spoken to an operator who will send a replacement card. Fingers crossed it arrives.

Purchased in March 2020 for $100.00.

John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

My Replacement Card Worked!

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for $100.00.

cait

caitIllawarra, NSW

How is this even allowed?

Purchased in December 2020 at Woolworths for $100.00.

Scam or Fraud

Have a $200 gift card, unable to use website as it doesnt recognise the card number and phone number is an automated service. unable to retreive details or get a refund. Do NOT use

Hammet

Hammethamish.mclean@gmail.com

Waste of time & money

As a Gift Card - don't waste your time. There are so many better gift cards out there.
I have an Only 1 Visa Gift Card and I am finding it very hard to use anywhere !

I cannot use this card in store as I was prompted for a PIN - there is no PIN.
I then tried to use the card online but find I could not make a part-payment using it.

So, basically, it looks like I am stuck with an expensive piece of plastic.

I do not recommend this product - in fact, I fact, I would tell you to avoid at all costs!

Purchased in December 2020 for $21.00.

Cranky customer

Cranky customer South East Queensland, QLD

Awful product and service - do not buy these!

These cards are awful. We periodically receive them as gifts from family, it is impossible to get a balance check either online or via the phone number listed and then I have had cards where I know there is funds available declined. Do not purchase these, I do not know how this company can get away with these products under Australian consumer law and have them for purchase in all of the big chains as a viable gift card option.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for $100.00.

Pattycake

PattycakeIllawarra, NSW

So hard to get the balance.

Tried to create account to check balance but it's not a simple sign up. It's rubbish.
I'll just take my chance with going to the shop & hoping I have enough on them

Purchased in December 2020 at Coles for $100.00.

Shahana

ShahanaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Do not gift this or purchase for yourself

Todd

ToddGoldfields, WA

Rip off

15% transaction fee. Not only the $6 purchase fee also $15 for a $100 transaction. What a scam they should only charge a card purchase fee. The company is a rip off

Purchased in January 2021 for $106.00.

naco8taco

naco8tacoGoulburn Valley, VIC

Angry weeb noises

This is absolute bull. Wanted to watch episode forty of Re:Zero, but they wouldn't let me use my card for recurring payments. Now very angry and not UwU, but TwT. To be honest tho, it's fair, since it'd cause a lot of trouble for them, but still unhappy.

Cathryn M.

Cathryn M.Perth, WA

Absolutely terrible

So I called the number on the website because the card didn’t seem to work and got hung up on, then I called again and got through to a person that sounded like a machine, they proceeded to check my card for activation and they came back and told me that for some reason it was locked????
I received this card as a gift why would it be automatically locked instead of activated?
The guy then told me he couldn’t activate it but got my address and contact details so they could send me a new card, then hung up on me whilst I was on hold. Worst company ever.

Purchased for $100.00.

TiffanyC

TiffanyC

Worked at Woolies Online

I was gifted 5 cards at $100 each. I registered my card at https://www.only1giftcard.com.au/ which seemed to work for me. However I couldn't use it at the Coles check out. After reading the comments here, I have just been successful using it with Woolies online. Make sure you only spend up to the value of the card exactly though as it won't work if you're over and you can't seem to split the payment. Good luck everyone, this card is horrible!

Purchased in February 2020 for $500.00.