Openpay

Openpay

Pros

• Openpay Plans are interest-free

• Flexible payment plans - set up payments to suit your schedule

Cons

• Establishment Fee, Plan Management Fee and Redraw Fee may apply to some plans

• Default Fee of up to $9.50

• Referral Fee of $19.50 if you have failed to pay a missed instalment 8 days after your due date

• May conduct credit checks during application; may affect your credit score if you default on payments

3.4

• Rates and Fees
  • Application Process

Steve

SteveWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Worst pay later service of them all

Mallock

Mallock

Cannot use app

I cannot login either from the app or online. I've been using this for app for a long time but since I updated it it won't even open the app. All my purchases were paid off so I don't understand and I can't get through to an actual people person to help me. I've had to start using a different purchasing company and I really don't like their system very much. And YES, I did all the delete/reupload/update/restart phone stuff so don't @me.

Debra Pike

Debra PikeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Strongly recommend Afterpay before this

I have Afterpay, ZIP pay and Open pay. Today a payment was due for Openpay and due to a banking glitch my wages did not go in. As soon as I realized I went in to app to change accounts so that I could pay, had no option but to pay a $9:50 late fee (even though I was paying on day due). Does not happen with Afterpay and will certainly be cancelling open pay and forwarding experience to ACCC

Dayna

Dayna

Stay away from Open pay

I used open pay for the first time yesterday. Purchased something from bunnings for $30 and put on open pay to test it out. 50c fee everytime you make a repayment. Wth? Tried to pay off repayments straight away but it showed that my account was now locked due to suspicious activityh! What for trying to pay off my balance? I highly recommend to stay away, I will never use open pay again. Afterpay on the other hand are wonderful!

Didi 45

Didi 45Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disgusting charges

After searching for an hour on the cheapest product that I was after I decided to use Openpay as opposed to Afterpay because I could spread payment over 6 weeks. When I was on the final payment page there was nothing to suggest any extra charges, I added up the payments and they amounted to the exact cost of my purchase. When the purchase had gone through the payments had all changed and I found I had been charged an extra $7.00 for the purchase price of only $106! I called the company and they advised me there was a payment plan charge on each payment, unfortunately you don't find this out until after the purchase.
Never will I use this company again they are a rip off, back to Afterpay at least they have no extra charges and are upfront.

Kaz

KazMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Rip off

Fees so high, stick with afterpay. Charge late fee straight away , never use again after paying this company off. $2.50 each week they take money off me. Horrible company to use.

Blocked from further purchases

Caz

Caz

Be very very very careful

J-Man

J-ManSydney

Realised they are charging $2.50 per payment under the guise of a “plan management fee”

Why do they need to be charging a constant $2.50 every time I make a payment. They say it’s interest free but are charging an interest like payment. Pretty disgusted at this and once I’ve paid my plan off I won’t be using them again.

Tash

Tash

People on job keeper beware

I am shocked at this organisations response to people wishing to just be reviewed to use this service. The purpose and meaning of the job keeper payment is to stop things like this happening. There are thousands of Australians on the job seeker payment and they are all still LEGALLY employed. During hard times like this it is beyond horrible that an organisation such as this is deciding to reject people who are employed full time.

Couldn't even make an account

Just wanted to set up a payment plan for a bed but couldn't even set up an account with Openpay. They only give two attempts and apparently my Drivers License info was wrong (it wasn't).

Michelle M.

Michelle M.South East Queensland, QLD

Appalling

I Spoke to Openpay about Loss of Income and they Charged me Lates Fees when i spoke to them about the Situation they Customer Service operator decided to argue with me about how im getting assistance from the Government and apparently i Dont have to pay my Rent this is quite Rude

karen

karenCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Don't use Just theives

I would not recommend this group take unouthised money from your account take it on the wrong day and charge $30 overdraw fee every time they take it on the wrong day, I asked them to take the money out Thursday but no they tried Tuesday morning Tuesday afternoon and the same on Wednesday when they took the payment on Thursday they took $120 extra for the overdraw fees for Tuesday and Wednesday. Just a ripoff.

leelee

leeleePerth, WA

No warning of a late payment, charges 9.50 automatically and another $2 for management fees

First time I used open pay had $200 to spend. Did that and had additional fees added without knowing. They took all fortnightly transactions with 0 balance but on my last one today with 0 balance again I get a $9.50 fee plus $2 management fee. No communication to fix the payment Within 24 hour time frame. I use AFTERPAY a lot and always receive messages 2 days prior to payment and if I miss a payment they let me know before adding fees and explain how long until a late fee is applied. Will never ever use Openpay again. Account will be deleted from me not them!!!

sharholee

sharholeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not at all impressed with your customer service!

I was purchasing goods from Bunnings online using Openpay however, there was a glitch on Bunnings end so my purchase didn't process properly after signing in to Openpay to finalise the payment. I checked my bank account to see if the first payment went out or not, it had and the amount of the purchase (regardless of no goods being finalised) was deducted from my account. I have spoken with someone at Openpay THREE times to get this sorted and it is still ongoing. This happened at the beginning of March. Absolutely hopeless service and I will be closing my account once they have refunded my monies for the payment they took for no service....when they get their A into G and I actually receive it!!!

Suzi W

Suzi WMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not reliable

I have had a few orders with Openpay. Never missed a payment. But the last twice I have tried to use it at Bunnings it didn’t work. First time I was asked to enter all of my details again for some reason. The promised six digit pin email never arrived. Thought I had it sorted but the next time it didn’t work either. Apparently because they had updated their app. I had to have my PIN manually reset. Openpay just isn’t reliable enough to use in store.

Dale W.

Dale W.Hunter Region, NSW

Only gave them 1 star because I had to. I would not recommend using this way of paying for anything.

The company will take your last cent every time you get paid for late fees. They know when your money goes into the bank even though you notify them of when you will pay your final payment they will still take money out prior to this if they know you are getting paid. Happened to me several times during the Carona virus epidemic. They also charge their weekly repayment like a wounded bull. I would recommend using Zip Money, Zip Pay and Deferit but not this company, they will take food off your table and the clothes off your back. Extremely poor customer service.

Open pay changed

I signed up with Open pay early last year had a limit of $750 then purchased, paid off that plan. Purchased again 3/4 way thru paying plan, app changed and plan disappeared then I had to enter card details again and now my limit is reduced to $100 if that what is going on. Have even made extra payments on my plans never behind.

Tammy

TammySouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible customer service

My account was not working when I tried to make a purchase and then tried to phone many times and on hold for an hour no response. Kept getting automated message saying to email so I did that twice and still no response once my current plans are paid will be closing my account. Afterpay is a much better option.

tfazz

tfazzVictoria

Poor service

No empathy at all in current COVID climate.

I will get through current blip in financial radar but will forever have a line put through these parasites.definitely will not recommend to anyone.