Openpay

Openpay

See the Best Buy Now, Pay Later Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Pros

• Openpay Plans are interest-free

• Flexible payment plans - set up payments to suit your schedule

Cons

• Establishment Fee, Plan Management Fee and Redraw Fee may apply to some plans

• Default Fee of up to $9.50

• Referral Fee of $19.50 iif you have failed to pay a missed instalment 8 days after you due date

• May conduct credit checks during application; may affect your credit score if you default on payments

Kylie

Kylie

Cant change payments and overblown fee structures

They lock you into paying an amount considerably more than the original purchase. You seem to be able to pay out early, but still have to pay as if you had their fees as if you were still paying the original schedule, so theres no advantage other than getting rid of the debt. If you miss a direct debit payment, rather than give notice and let you pay next day or even same day, they immediately slap you with a $9.50 on top of the already overblown fees. Its a rort that takes advantage of both the customer and the unregulated industry.

Britney Spaulding

Britney SpauldingSYDNEY

The most useless service of it's kind

Lou Lou T.

Lou Lou T.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Continuous locking of account

My Openpay account has been locked several times now by Openpay for making any early payments and took a lot of messing around to get it un-locked again each time.

Natalie Wotton

Natalie WottonWollongong

DONT BOTHER - THIEVES

3 shops 3 times in a row and openpay took my money took the credit but it didnt work with the store & 11 day wait to get those deposits back

Application Process

Deceptive due to lack of full disclosure

We were provided with a $13,000 pre-approval on 13th November and on the strength of that paid a total $1000 in order fees with Bunnings. Two weeks, later after Bunnings have the items awaiting delivery, We hear for the first time that a 25% deposit is required. After questioning Bunnings by email a call comes from Open Pay to say: oh sorry we didnt mention that - well waive the monthly fee as if that makes amends. They can expect a complaint to be forwarded to ASIC.

john smith

john smithsydney

service would be good if i could get it

i just asked a simple question but its to much trouble for them to reply to emails, i only asked a question as the faq section is terrible..... thanking you

Kelly

Kelly

Risk audit on signing up?

I signed up. I got locked out as a "risk audit"? WTH is a risk audit? Why am I receiving one when you haven't credit checked me? Only an email was given.

May H.

May H.North-West & West coast, TAS

I love it.

I opened an account with Openpay, found it easy, never had a problem and once I paid my first account off, I had an increase of money with which I was happy with.
Thank you.

Bank wont allow

I opened a new Openpay account with 500 limit, went to make my first purchase and it says bank wont allow even though there is plenty of funds in the account to cover first payment, please explain

Payment

Brizzy Lassy

Brizzy LassySouth East Queensland, QLD

Never Ever Worked Correctly

I only joined Openpay to use a certain company and in the 18 months i have had it, it has NEVER WORKED FIRST GO. I always have to ring them to fix something to either let me in, fix a card which somehow does not work or continue with a purchase. Worst app i have ever used. Go with Afterpay or Zip which are ssssssssooooooooooo easy.

Application Process

Perfect system for shopping.

Great service easy-to-use great for shopping and getting your car service or repaired to your car great for the dentist and Home improvement the downside of it is not many electronic businesses like EB Games JB Hi-Fi Harvey Norman like these big stores are not on board with openpay more the electronic business will get more business with openpay and is easy service and the fees are not that expensive it's only minimum fee's per transaction. It's a service openpay provide.
It gives you 3 months 6 months 9 months and 12 months to pay off items it's better then after pay we only give you 3 months only stick with openpay you got longer to pay your items off

Chilly bin

Chilly binGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Easy to use.

When using open pay I found it easy to use and it came in handy! Christmas just around the corner. Staff at Robins Kitchen were very helpful as well. Another words I enjoyed the experience, using open pay aloud me to make a great savings as sale was ending soon and it aloud me to make a purchase on the spot.

Holly

HollyHunter Region, NSW

Straight forward

Easy to setup easy transaction and love the fact you can increase The limit of your purchase if need be, was very handy for using at the dentist. Only con I have is that I would prefer to have weekly payments for all purchases instead of fortnightly.

Belinda

BelindaCanberra 2600, ACT

Love Openpay

Never had any issues always pay my plan before its due need more online shops as I dont use afterpay good work Open Pay..great customer service as well very friendly

Melissa

MelissaNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Not Happy

NotHappyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Dishonest scam

I was locked out of my account for a 'Risk Audit' for making early payments- which are fine according to T&Cs. The only risk I pose appears to be not missing a payment and paying extra fees!! Dishonest. Preying on people.

Dee

DeeSydney, NSW

LEFT ABANDONED AT REGISTER

First Open pay experience was embarrassing.
Computer technicality I was finally informed.??
My 1st payment was accepted at the register, however it wasn't picked up by Open Pay. Bunnings staff were asking me for the full amount. They called hotline. I was informed my payment was accepted, however was refunded due to the glitch (which I am still waiting on the refund from Sunday). Line was getting longer with angry customers.
So because of their glitch, I am out of pocket $60 until it finally reaches my account. NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!

Judy L.

Judy L.Peel, WA

There when I was in need.

I had reason to purchase several items which were going to break the bank.
Along came Open Pay to help me pay for what I needed without being out of pocket.
A great budgeting aid.

Cocaine B.

Cocaine B.Launceston, TAS

Open pay secretly took money

While checking my banking account i found direct debits from open pay helping thereselfs to my bank account taking over $1000 all up $1,876.50 i had a $520 purchase?? Checking my open pay account it was blocked?? Open pay will not return any of my emails?

Browns

Brownsasked

I went to purchase online, signed in through checkout from mr toys. It said it senrpt an email verification code but it also said something went wrong. I hit resend but it keeps saying something went wrong...i tried 4 different browsers on 2 different devices and checked the spam folder. Still no code.. What's going on?

robyn s.

robyn s.asked

Hi I am going to use open pay for car repairs and i have been given the increase of 3000 that i have requested but i am at thos stage unaware of how much i will need to spend from it .. but I am wondering how long do you get to pay off any larger amounts e.g. the whole 3000

kylie F

kylie Fasked

Hi. I hv recently used my openpay account & I made two early payments this morning & now it's telling me about a risk audit. Are we not allowed to pay, payments before scheduled date? It's an inconvenience!!! How do I hv this rectified,pls. I was like to take advantage of Black Friday sales.

Kind regards
Kylie Fiddes

Get an answer from our members and Openpay representatives