Openpay

Pros

• Openpay Plans are interest-free

• Flexible payment plans - set up payments to suit your schedule

Cons

• Establishment Fee, Plan Management Fee and Redraw Fee may apply to some plans

• Default Fee of up to $9.50

• May conduct credit checks during a credit limit increase application; may affect your credit score if you default on payments

• Rates and Fees
  • Application Process

Doug M.

Doug M.South East Queensland, QLD

Don't trust them, and terrible customer service

Hi there,
We are very disappointed to hear about your experience and would love to understand what occurred in more detail. Please feel free to email directly on info@openpay.com.au and we can follow up on this situation for you.

not great

Not the greatest when they added fees of $9 to a $200 purchase.. rather use after pay or zip pay.. but open pay was the only option at the place of purchase

Rates and Fees
Application Process

Kerry

KerryMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Cannot access the app and have received no emails

I am concerned that I signed up for Openpay, made a purchase and have not received a single email. I have downloaded the app but cannot access it, can't sign up as it says I already have, can't sign in as I have not set a password yet. I have since spoken to them and they are endeavouring to fix the problem.

Tazzie D.

Tazzie D.Northeast, VIC

not as good as afterpay for me

I buy most of our clothes online using a payment plan, such a great way to spread out those big seasonal outlays when you have a family. My favourite chain for my own clothes uses Openpay and inexplicably, occasionally my purchase goes through, mostly it doesn't. Customer service patchy and I haven't yet, after a year, been able to sort the issue. I stick to shops using Afterpay now if I wish to use a payment plan, never had a problem.

Zac Warry

Zac Warry

Bad customer service

Terrible customer service my account was locked due to "suspicious activity" and was told to contact support well they aren't really support they are just trained monkeys to say we going to send a email for you to send a photo and then I got a email to say "Our team has reviewed your application and, unfortunately, your plan/application has been declined." why would it be declined maybe because they can't make money from me with me paying on time don't waste your time with them halfwits use Afterpay they are great.

sean

seanSydney Surrounds, NSW

Will never use them again

My payments were due on the 10/2/2021 and open pay tried to take them at 8am that day, the funds were not available which was my fault. I payed 7all payments later that day around 3pm. I wake up this morning and open pay had debited 7x $9.50 from my account even though I paid on the due date. I was late paying by 7hrs but still within the due date. By law you can't charge late fees until the following day and only if payment has not been received. Have always paid a day ahead this the first time that I haven't.

Bad customer service

Chantelle

ChantelleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not that great

Michael H

Michael HNSW

Pay in advance and have no issues

I treat OpenPay as a "pay in advance" credit service. It came in handy over Christmas buying presents for the kids. I'm under no illusions that if I miss a payment that I wouldn't have trouble with these guys (judging from the other reviews), so I make sure that payments are made well ahead of their due date. Hopefully OpenPay will pull their fingers out and try to help more with people who miss payments due to financial difficulties and sort out their payment system - but I've had no issues so far with the way I'm using it. Early days using it yet, so... time will tell.

Annoyed

AnnoyedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible - use zip or afterpay

Mick Archer

Mick Archer Sydney, NSW

I’ve been using Openpay for at least a year now. It’s fantastic I’ve never had any trouble with it and it’s so easy.

It’s interest free, easy payment plans , and In 1 year I have had not one thing go wrong really happy. And it’s excepted in so many places now. Better than having a credit card

David T.

David T.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Does not work

Setup account and in the app it says a balance of $300. Try to use at Bunnings online and it says that plans are not available to me. What is the point of having an available balance that you cannot use?

sk8rmumPerth, WA

It's a Scam

They took my money despite the transaction never having gone through. Support staff are not helpful, so good luck chasing that money. You'll be stuck without your money or your item.

sk8rmum

I tried and yet you still haven't returned my money. You're thieves

Perfect for people who...

- love being hung up on (twice...)
- love being talked over while on the phone (deliberately)
- really enjoy paying over $500 up-front for something, because OpenPay's service may not work properly, or may not even be provided to you
- want to wait over a week to be phoned back when you're told it'll be 2-3 days
- can rent a house and own a car, but can't be loaned any money whatsoever, because that makes sense...

Seriously ideal for anyone who matches the above description!! :)

Hi Amy,

We are very sorry to hear about your experience and would like to learn more about what has occurred. One of our teams members will be reaching out, alternatively feel free to call or email, 1300 168 359 or info@openpay.com.au

LizJane

LizJaneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible customer service

My account is put on hold due to financial hardship and I sent through all the documents they requested. Anyway money has come out of my account. I called them today and the person I spoke to was very rude and wouldn’t help me. What is the point of trying to do the right thing when they don’t care about your situation.

Hi Liz,

IrateRater

IrateRaterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Don't use Open Pay, this could happen to you.

Lella

LellaSydney, NSW

Crazy how they run things!

Ok now Openpay have had no problem in taking money out and 3 late payment fee's and out of 3 products i bought 2 Beats pro wireless earphones and a ps4 within 18mths time frame and almost $2k later you want to suspend my account and not get back to me after ive pointed out that you guys had made a few errors!? Bad customer service followed by terribly run company.

Hi Lella,

We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience with Openpay. We would love to hear more about what exactly has occurred and how we may be able to help out. Please feel free to contact us directly on info@openpay.com.au.

Sheree C.

Sheree C.Darling Downs, QLD

I love Openpay ❣

I have used openpay for over 1 year now. I have no bad review of this service. If you pay on time you should have no problem. Receiving refunds on merchant goods on this platform is easy and straightforward.

Abeer A.

Abeer A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Why do people not like openpay?

You guys need to prove yourselves to be trustworthy. How do I login to my account? I am a shopper? I opened an account today and I am unable to login to it.

Hi Abeer,

We would love to be able to help you log into your account, and with any other queries you might have. Please feel free to reach out directly on 1300 168 359 or info@openpay.com.au where we will be able to assist you further

Lynda L.

Lynda L.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

What a nightmare - Negative star review

What a horrible experience from start to finish, they took eight payments at once and left me broke and we were rude and unhelpful on the phone - please never use this service it is a scam.