Oppo A73

MPN: CPH1725BLACK

AA1

AA1Sydney, NSW

cheap decent phone

decent good android phone. a little slow and display not premium. would recommend for cheap but workable phone with ok functioning. bought from woolworths with optus deal. would suggest latest updates for usability.

Darcie A.

Darcie A.Hunter Region, NSW

My first ever oppo

My first ever oppo this was what made me switch from iPhone on never go back its the best. Better quality photos better quality software better everything.
Great clear camera.
Tons of brightness, night mode settings.
So many customisation options for background calls messages fonts it's great.
I love that Google Play has so many more options than iOS app store.

Purchased in January 2018 at Target Australia for $249.00.

LisaP68

LisaP68Illawarra, NSW

Love it!! Just like an iPhone at a fraction of the cost!

Great phone, I couldn't afford to replace my iPhone so opted for this little Android. Only paid $249 & it's very similar platform to Apple, easy to use, great camera. Has option to put memory card in for extra storage. Seriously the only thing I could say I don't like is that the emoticons could be more updated, but thats nothing. Great value for money. Don't think I'd pay so much for Apple again.

Purchased in March 2019 at Target Australia for $249.00.

Alison binney

Alison binneyDarling Downs, QLD

Great phone for price

Great camera, used for everyday things, call, messages, banking, Facebook, email, apps, lots of storage. Very strong glass, can be a little laggy if to many apps opened. Highly recommend.

Purchased in September 2018 at Shop Zero for $349.00.

Gayle Roche

Gayle RocheGreenway 2900, ACT

Poor product. Would not recommend.

I am extremely disappointed with this mobile. People who call me experience their voice echoing back at them. I have returned my mobile for repair but it is still experiencing the same problem. I suggested that as the mobile was only 10 months old that they replace it as I feel it is a lemon. I was informed that mobiles can only be replaced in the first 3 months. The first time they send a postage free label the second time they gave me a Repairer address. I would not recommend this mobile.

Purchased in September 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $299.00.

Happy

Happy

Best phone ever!

I can't say enough good things about this phone. The battery life is astronomical. It just continues to last hour after hour without going flat. I watch a lot of you tube videos and so forth, and it copes really well.
The display is excellent. Very clear and easy to view. This phone is just as good quality as the expensive competition. I'm very happy with it.

Purchased in June 2019 at On Air Mobiles for $270.00.

SusanNewcastle NSW

The Oppo a73 is a good price, easy to use all ages young & the elderly, has excellent camera & video....

I just bought Oppo A73 Rose Gold colour & it comes with a clear rubber cover, instructions, ear piece, re charged etc. It was easy to put my old sim card, my Vodafone sim card & my new Oppo phone was up & running, I love the finger print & photo recognition & its got a very good key board nice & big, you can change & make letters bigger if needed.. its a very easy simple phone & good price, I love my Oppo :)

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys.

kekki

kekkiMid North Coast, NSW

replace the screen protector immediately! This screen protector that comes with the phone was highly rated

This screen protector that comes with the phone was highly rated as a top quality tempered glass screen protector! I just dropped my phone, the screen protector is unscathed, however I can peel it off without it shattering and my actual phone screen is smashed up. All previous phones I have purchased a tempered glass screen protector off ebay cheaply and when ive dropped previous phones the screen protector shatters not my phone screen. As well i have removed a tempered glass screen protector before and it shatters when you remove it! This one does not as I discovered that just now when removing it to find its in tact but my phone screen is totally not! So effing dissapointed and peed off right now!

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $250.00.

brittany t.

brittany t.Central, TAS

Love it

The Oppo a73 is a great phone for any age, as I dropped mine over 100 times and never once did it break, I only ever had it in the clear cover it came with but I'm very happy with my oppo

pineden

pinedenNew South Wales

Don't Purchase If You Want A Fast Phone

After 1 year of everyday use, I can say easily: Don't buy this phone. I bought it as a replacement for my Huawei, and it's crapped out after only one year. It worked well until about 7 months of use, when Instagram, Chrome and Twitter stopped working as quickly as they did before. Now, the camera app take around five seconds to take a photo, deleting image can take around 30 seconds an image, the music player no longer plays music and the battery charges much slower. It also has some mild screen burn issues. This phone should only be bought if you want a basic, cheap smartphone for texting and calling with the occasional Google search. Not worth your money.

Purchased in August 2018 at Noel Leeming.

Unhappy

UnhappySydney Surrounds, NSW

Phone constantly dropping out

Phone constantly dropping out, it sounds as though you are talking underwater, then takes 5 minutes to re dial the person to whom the phone crashed upon. Returned original phone to seller, and received new phone. Tried to contact my provider to find out if it was that service was causing problem, they advised it was the phone.

Purchased in November 2018 at The Good Guys for $277.00.

Blake J

Blake JGriffith NSW

Disappointed

The call volume is low. Hard to hear person on other end. Can only take calls in quiet room with no other background noise around otherwise you struggle to hear. Screen brightness is also crap. Have to focus really hard.

Purchased in April 2019 at Target Australia for $249.00.

Software

Finally found a phone that does all I expect

Particularly at the price. Great battery time and charges up in an hour. Excellent screen quality. Size is real handy. Everything seems to be working well, six months in. Like it very much

Purchased in January 2019 for $285.00.

LHR

LHRSydney

Very long battery life

Purchased in July 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $250.00.

pweda.jensen86

pweda.jensen86Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Value for money

The phone is an amazing for its price. Compared to an IPhone and a Samsung it might not be as quick but ur only pay a 1/4 or less than the price.
Other than performance sometimes being a little bit slow (only talking about a second or two) Never let me down and would highly recommend.

Purchased in July 2018 at Optus for $199.00.

Banu

BanuGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

cheap phone with all the features

camera quality is decent
price was in 199$ aud from target locked to optus
very happy with durability and brightness
phone came with case and screen protector so didnt have to purchase them separately
apps run smoothly but time to time we have clear them cache memory

Purchased in January 2019 for $199.00.

Lukey

LukeyBrisbane

Great budget phone

Best phone I have had yet. Phone is surprisingly quick, easy to use with heaps of features. Camera is really good even in low light. Can't go wrong for the price and will match most more expensive phones.

Purchased in February 2018.

Peter L

Peter LSydney Surrounds, NSW

All good except when you charge the phone battery takes a long time than others

I bought this new from BIG W, in Dec 2017 and for some reason, the battery takes a long time to charge fully compared to others i have had... I checked on line google, followed the suggestions on one website, but still takes a long time to charge... however, everything else is ok...

Purchased in December 2018 for $259.00.

Jess h

Jess h

I love my phone

I love my phone, the photo quality is awesome and battery lasts all day with constant use, it is so easy to use.. and I would highly recommend people use them over iPhones or samsungs

Purchased in April 2018.

Brooke R.

Brooke R.Perth, WA

Awesome phone for the cost!

I got my OPPO A73 through afterpay and it is the best investment. It fast and efficient, big screen, heaps of space with 32gb, perfect phone for the value, I am very impressed.

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $200.00.

Jessica P.

Jessica P.asked

Why doesn't my phone tell me exactly who's messaging me even if they're in my contacts? It always shows a random message. Also my messages aren't in the order I've received them, is there anyway I can change it?

Miranda W.asked

I am trying to do a software update on A73 and have Wi-Fi connection but is coming up network error

Susan

Is your WiFi strong? try update early in morning when internet isn't busy....also you could go public Wifi area shopping centre & tune in your phone then see if it works??

Miranda W.

I will give it a go thank you

Zrenrahasked

For some reason I'm not getting a message tone for incoming messages on my A73 which has been working fine for over a year. I've tried re-setting message tone + turning phone on and off to make sure it's updated. This was working fine until a few days ago, i.e. I had a message tone which I could hear -- but suddenly I started getting a very quiet sliding sound that I can only hear if I have the phone right next to me. Also, the volume works fine for all other functions, e.g. incoming calls. Can anyone help?

Zrenrah

I just realised that I haven't been getting message or missed call notifications on my home page, i.e. used to have number of messages or missed calls on the Messages Phone tabs on the home page when I opened the phone!

Susan

Check have you got msg on silent or vibrate, I keep bumping the right side bottoms probably when I'm talking on the phone I hold the buttons & I turn my volume down. If its not on silent then contact Oppo warranty section or take back phone where you bought it from & ask them..
Good-Luck

Zrenrah

Thanks for responding Susan. Someone has just sorted it out for me. For some reason the notifications were turned off ... no idea how! This was driving me nuts as it wasn't on silent and everything else was working. I was about to take it back to the shop for some technical help (great guys but it's a bit of a drive to get there). I've been really happy with the Oppo and I'm pleased that it's okay. Thanks again, and kind regards, Zrenrah

Get an answer from our members and Oppo representatives

CategoryMobile Phones