Oppo Reno Z

• Camera Quality
  • Hardware

Jaspreet
JaspreetSydney

I had to replace the phone twice as the wifi kept on dropping off. Oppo refused to take ownership.

Wifi was intermittent so replaced phone twice at Campbelltown store

Oppo advised to send phone in for repair which is not practical as I would be without a phone for applied 2 week's.

The purchase was no more than a month old.

Purchased in December 2020 for $500.00.

Law
LawSydney, NSW

Bang For Your Buck!

Had this phone for 19 months now and it's still just as snappy as when I first purchased it. Never heard of the brand before coming from previous iPhone and Samsung Galaxy generations.

The camera takes very nice photos and the colors are better than my previous phones. I'm also able to do some occasional reading on the phone due to the large screen. The battery life is great as I'm able to stream videos from it for prolonged periods of time.

This is the best value phone I've bought and will definitely be looking at Oppo for my next phone purchase.

Purchased in September 2019 for $401.59.

Bianca E.
Bianca E.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

I have been loyal to Oppo for years now, but this phone will be what sends me back to Samsung!

While the phone is great for the price, there's a few issues I have had over the last year of owning it.
Such as: the auto dimmer on the screen is absolutely ridiculous! It literally flicks between light and dark fifteen to twenty times in a matter of sixty seconds! It is by far the WORST and dumbest setting I've ever come across.
Also, the camera quality is great outside but shocking indoors. No matter the setting, no matter if flash is on, the photos are pathetic.

If you're not after a quality phone, just something to get the job done, then this phone is for you. If you want quality pictures inside and also don't want the frustration of having to manually adjust your screen brightness, then go back to samsung or iphone.

Purchased in January 2020 for $899.00.

CamelGamer123
CamelGamer123South East Queensland, QLD

Incredible Value

Purchased for $350.00.

Veronika
VeronikaCanberra 2600, ACT

It does it’s job

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $499.00.

Tips for Choosing a Mobile Plan and Service Provider

Wendy Z.21 Feb 2020
tips-for-choosing-a-mobile-plan-and-service-provider

Is OPPO a good brand? We compared the best rated OPPO phones to competitors to find out

If you’re in the market for a new smartphone, OPPO is a budget brand offering handsets with a sleek appearance and low price tag. But are OPPO phones good quality, compared to an Apple iPhone or Samsung Galaxy? We set out to answer the question by looking at the best Oppo handsets under $800.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.12 June 2020
is-oppo-a-good-brand-we-compared-the-best-rated-oppo-phones-to-competitors-to-find-out

Best personal electronic devices in 2020!

ProductReview.com.au has analysed a year's worth of reviews to find the best wireless headphones, mobile phones and tablets in 2020. Compare specific reviewer ratings, ranging from Battery Life and Sound / Camera Quality to Value for Money and Ease of Use to help you choose the best personal tech.

Wendy Z.1 Nov 2019
best-personal-electronic-devices-in-2020
Paul HAU

Good for the Price

I’ve had mine for a bit over a year and bought it primarily because of the dual sim, as I was heading to Europe and wanted to use a local sim but still be able to receive calls from home. It did the things I wanted it to do and was reliable. The camera is ok outside, but seems to be less effective now. More recently there have been connectivity problems with my car, both with Bluetooth and Android Play. Neither work now after being unreliable for months. There are also cracks on the screen. I also found that it is easy inadvertently switch off the ringer. Despite this, for its main uses it’s good value.

Purchased in August 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Tanya
TanyaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Phone at a Great Price

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $449.00.

Leah R.
Leah R.South East Queensland, QLD

7\10 being nice!!

beautiful vibrant shell that is instantly hidden by the dark coloured rubber protective cover provided with your phone. Hiding a big part of why I purchased the phone to begin with. It has a Few screen glitch's that often occur randomly, in the notification bar, e.G: over lapping of notifications making it impossible to read time at top or it shows icons as open when really shut, things like nfc, and headphones, ect...Great storage, easy to use generally speaking! Had a fantastic camera, for a short while, now takes a miserable one. My phone is about 4 months old never dropped or damaged but has more then it's share of faults.

Purchased in March 2020 at The Good Guys for $399.00.

Shannon H.
Shannon H.

Great value for money

Great camera for the price
The little tear drop where the selfie camera is over the screen can sometimes be annoying
Have had the phone for 6 months now and no problems so far
Could do with an ability to organise your apps better into folders

Purchased in December 2019 at Vodafone for $499.00.

Find out how Oppo Reno Z compares to other Mobile Phones

Love everything about it except a few minor issues

Purchased in March 2020 at eBay for $357.50.

Daniel Ruben
Daniel RubenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent value for a mid-range smart phone

Purchased in October 2019 at Kogan.com for $499.00.

Varuna
Varuna

Excellent value for money !

Fantastic phone with all the new high-end features, this is my 2nd OPPO branded phone. Very reliable product that you can always depend on. Long battery life with great quality camera.

Ferrari1
Ferrari1Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disappointed.

Only had phone for a few months and keeps freezing up on home screen..like 3 x before an app will open. Tried reboot but does not fix it. Very annoying.

Purchased in December 2019.

AdrianBonython 2905, ACT

Great value for money

Needed a new phone and didn't want to pay $1000+. Features are as expected. Nothing startling it just works really well. Two things that I miss though.

1. Widgets. This may be my ignorance (not being into mobile phones) but on my previous, even cheaper phone I really liked using widgets (carry over from the old windows phone active tiles days) for things like online trading, email, world time, weather, etc. With this phone I don't seem to be able to see widgets. Not sure if its a new android thing with v10, an Oppo thing or something I need to enable.

2. Qi charging.

Neither are deal breakers for me. I like the build, speed, feel and the other specs.

I would recommend this product.

Purchased in May 2020 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $357.00.

Adrian

UPDATE I have worked out how to use widgets. :) I think I prefer the older system...just saying.

never_again12
never_again12Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Great value phone

I bought this phone on an Optus plan to replace my aging Samsung. I was supprised how good the specs were for the price. I'd say better than an iPhone 10 but just under iPhone 11. Plays games with high graphics and battery lasts for ages. The camera is great even in low light

Purchased in January 2020 at Optus.

goldcoastlady
goldcoastladyasked

Good morning how does this phone compare to the S9? Does it take a Nano Sim? thank you

Paul H

I didn’t have to get a special sim. It takes the regular standard sim. It also will take a second sim, which is ideal when travelling. I don’t know anything about the S9.

Joseph
Joseph

I have an S9 currently and am planning to get a Reno Z. S9 is a good phone, has waterproof, wireless charging and stunning screen. However, Reno Z has larger storage space (8GB/128GB), bigger screen and battery. And yes, it takes dual nano sim cards

Wamuyu G.
Wamuyu G.asked

Hey I have recently installed a new software update at the beginning of August 2020. Unfortunately the phone doesn't seem to pick up the correct time zone for my location. Is this a common issue and how can I get back to the previous version of the software? Thanks

Mann
Mannasked

Hi, I had this Oppo Reno Z for 10 months. It worked well except a few freezing here and there . After update to colorOS 7, it keeps on lagging like hell and can't change ringtone to ringtone from Files... Have contacted Oppo but they asked to go Factory reset. Not keen to do it. Any other solution please?

CategoryMobile Phones
Battery Size4,035 mAh
Internal Storage128 GB
Memory (RAM)8 GB
Camera
Max Video Resolution2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Rear Camera(s)48 MP (Wide), 5 MP Depth Sensor