Perfect!

I wanted a cheaper alternative to Thermomix and I found it. I use it almost daily. Smoothies, mill oats and almond to flour, bliss balls, it makes eating healthy easy! I love the mixing blade over thermomix’s cutting blade in reverse. The only issue is changing blades, if it came with a second bowl, it would be perfect.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Not in the league of the Thermomix

I've had the thermocook for a few years now, and don't find it nearly as good to use as the thermomix I borrowed to trial this kind of appliance. The instruction book is not easy to follow, the symbols for parts are confusing, and learning to use the item takes a lot of work - not something I had hoped for in a tool that was meant to save me time. It's a brilliant (albeit very pricey) high speed blender, but doesn't cope well with ice cubes in that I have dings in the goblet from trying to crush small ice cubes - though this doesn't affect the performance. It doesn't cope well with small volumes - and as a solo cook, this is irritating. I'm also annoyed by the fact that I am unable to cook anything in it without the food catching on the bottom of the goblet, which, as others have noted, is hard to clean, and this occurs even when using recommended settings. But by far the most limiting factor is the idiotic inability to blend hot liquids- when I make eg pumpkin soup for lunch, I want to cook it then blend it to eat straight away - this machine has a pre-set lockout on high temperature blending meaning I can't; I have to wait till it cools! One wonders how the designers came up with this 'feature'. Save your dollars, buy a thermomix!

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Hey Urta, what a review! Love the details and will respond to your points now with absolute pleasure :-) Please note the ThermoCook was improved since 2015 when you purchased your unit but I will address the points based on the appliance you have to ensure I bring you the most value :-) 1. Regarding the instruction book and confusing symbols, we are in the process of revamping this and creating many demonstration videos to help our customers make the most of their ThermoCook :-) 2. You mentioned dings in the goblet, this should not happen, can you please email me to look into this further? My email is roy@froothie.com.au. Are you sure these dings were not there from when you purchased the product as part of the design? Just checking :-) 3. Regarding small quantities, a ThermoCook Mini is being developed as this is an issue with all multifunction cooking appliances :-) 4. Regarding the inability to blend hot liquids, this is an important safety feature and for legal compliance as well. As you might be aware, Thermomix had an issue with their lid exploding, burning the user, and has faced a class action lawsuit by customers as well as the ACCC. I will however review this function with Optimum’s engineer for further clarity :-) Thanks again for sharing your feedback Urta! Please email me directly at roy@froothie.com.au or call the office at 1300 309 900 if there is ANYTHING I can help you with :-) You can also DM us on Facebook and ask for me, or Instagram :-)

I've had 3, and they all broke down in just a few months!

At first, this product was amazing! It originally was just as good as a thermocook. But mine broke down within a few months. They sent me a new one, it broke down again within a few months (different problem). They sent me a 3rd one, and it broke down once again (again, a different problem from the first two). It is obviously not up to scratch and is very poor quality. Although Froothie was good about sending me new products, they didn't understand why I didn't want a fourth one, and they refused to provide me with a refund. Really unfortunate experience all around!

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Hello Travis, My name is Francois, General Manager Froothie Australia. I would like to sincerely apologize for the experience you recently had with Froothie and your ThermoCook. Quality Customer Service is paramount, our entire business is built on the slogan “Quality you can trust”, and therefore even isolated cases are taken very seriously by Froothie and Optimum. Since I was informed about your review and the issues you have had with your appliance, I have requested for a review of your ticket to be carried out. Please rest assured I will do my utmost to make sure that you are completely satisfied with the outcome of our actions and your product, as we at Froothie are 100% dedicated to our customers’ happiness. I apologize again if you feel we did not live up to your expectations and I want to thank you for the feedback you provided as it helps us to further improve our services. Also, if there is anything else I can do to assist you and to regain your trust in our brand feel free to get in touch with me directly at francois.n@froothie.com.au and I will be more than happy to help. Respectfully yours, Francois N Froothie Australia General Manager

But a thermomix!

I bought a thermocook and had nothing but problems with it. It's noisy, the recipe book is really complicated and it's awful to clean. No dishwasher so you're constantly paranoid that water will damage the pins which makes scrubbing the jug really difficult.
The recipes were really wonky. A lot of the times on the preset recipes were out which resulted in overcooked glug unfortunately.
Mine stopped working twice. Because I'm in WA I had to send it over east twice which was a minimum two week turnaround. I ended up returning this machine because, to be honest, it sucked. Save up a bit more and do yourself a favour. Buy a thermomix. I wish I had done this initially. Would've saved a lot of hassle and disappointment dealing with a substandard appliance.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hello Joe, My name is Francois, General Manager here at Froothie Australia. Your review and experience with our Optimum ThermoCook Pro were brought to my attention. I would like to sincerely apologize for your experience with our company and your appliance. Quality is paramount, our entire business is built on the slogan “Quality you can trust” so even isolated cases are taken very seriously by us and Optimum. This value plays a key role in allowing us to maintain a position as the industry leader in Europe and Australia. I was not able to locate your order or technical ticket in our system. Could you please email me directly at francois.n@froothie.com.au so that I can personally review the case to understand how we can have failed you to such an extend. I can only repeat myself by genuinely stressing that I and the team take issues such as your experience very seriously. Kind regards Francois N.Hi Francois, After many emails back and forth with Froothie, I was refunded in full. It was quite a debacle and wasted a lot of my time and involved consumer affairs. The customer service was terrible but at least after much hassle I was refunded. I have no wish to pursue any contact with froothie further. But I do feel that other consumers should be aware of the issues I had. I have since moved into a thermomix and wish I had done that initially. The damage is done with froothie and I will never ever recommend or purchase any of your appliances again.

I wish I never bought the Optimum Thermocook

The machine is sturdy, it makes yummy steamed rice & steamed vegies but both take much longer to cook than stated in the recipe book. The food processor works very well eg. chop vegies and ground flaxseed.
The instructions in the accompanied Thermocook book are not so easy to follow and somewhat confusing with many of the recipes not turning out (eg burnt bottom porridge/custard & then hard to clean). After continuously being disappointed, I wish I had returned the machine when I had the chance as I barely use it & most day it collect dust.
When using the Thermocook for foodprocessing tasks it cleans very well, not so well when cooking porridge (I haven't been game to cook anything else in the Thermocook and I'm now looking to buy a slow cooker and using the Thermocook as a food processor only.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Hello MelbGal, My name is Francois, General Manager here at Froothie Australia. Your review and experience with our Optimum ThermoCook Pro were brought to my attention – I am glad to hear your positive thoughts about the food processing functions of the ThermoCook, but I was surprised to find out about the issues you have been having with the recipes and instructions provided in the manual. We have sent thousands of this 20-in-1 multifunction kitchen appliance to our clients worldwide and the TC has hundreds of online reviews and testimonials around the world - this is why we want to assure you what happened in your case is just a plain example of bad luck. We have many demo videos made with the ThermoCook Pro on our FroothieTV YouTube Channel, you can check them all here. There are also many recipes and reviews posted online by our many partners all around the world, I would be more than happy to send over this information via email, if you would like. :) I understand how cleaning the appliance can be a hassle, therefore I would like to share a few tips you can apply to make the cleaning process a lot easier and to extend the life of your Optimum ThermoCook Pro: • Clean the body of your ThermoCook with a damp cloth only. Do not use harsh abrasives or chemicals. Once the machine is clean, dry it, and then store it in a well-ventilated and dry place. Ensure that the 6 contact pins at the bottom of the bowl are always clean and dry. • When cleaning the bowl by hand, add some soapy water into the bowl and use a long handed scrubber or pad. A bottle brush is great for getting the blade assembly clean. • Auto Clean: Place enough water to cover the blade assembly. Add a small amount of dishwashing liquid. Close the lid and place on the Measuring Cup to prevent any splashes. Set the following: 4 minutes. Speed 3. 100°C. Rinse with clean water. • Quick Clean: Empty food from bowl. Cover blades with water and add a small amount of dishwashing liquid. PULSE on for a few seconds as needed. Rinse with clean water. • Deep Clean: To clean hard to remove food that may have burnt on the bottom of the bowl or just to keep your bowl in pristine condition, add 2 tablespoons of bicarb soda, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and enough water to cover the blade. Cook for 3 minutes, Speed 3, 115°C. Rinse with clean water. If there is any food residue it can be easily wiped with a soft sponge. Please keep in mind that all non-electrical components are dishwasher safe. The bowl and the lid are not dishwasher safe. Parts that can go in the dishwasher are the steaming baskets, the glass steamer lid, the scraper and the butterfly tool. To avoid the contents burning on the base of the bowl I recommend using the butterfly tool on the blade assembly as this touches the bowl whilst it stirs. Please note the butterfly tool cannot be used above Speed 4. Thank you again for sharing your feedback. If there is anything else I can do to assist you and to regain your trust in our brand feel free to get in touch and I will be more than happy to personally help. Respectfully yours, Francois N Froothie Australia General ManagerThank you for your comments Francois, I have had amazing customer service from Froothie over the years and my comments are about the actual product have no reflection on the service that I have received from Froothie. If this survey was about the Optimum 9900 Blender it would be a glowing review as I love that Blender!!! I just wish I could follow the Instructions / recipes in the ThermoCook book that comes with the product and have them work instead of having to go else where to have to work it out. I thank you for your offer of support and will contact you soon to discuss.

My new friend in the kitchen

I like how I can make a smoothie in the morning and a soup at night. It takes care of so many needs. It is especially easy to clean- much easier than a blender! I also use it to steam my vege's and fish. My children love the healthy frozen desserts that I can make in 90 seconds

Date PurchasedJan 2016

The best!

Purchased this over a year ago and use it everyday. It's verstatile, stylish, quiet, easy to clean, and has multiple functions so you can prepare or make that special meal. I've found that I've been able to get rid of numerous other appliances in my kitchen, thanks to everything this can do. I love making soups, risottos, smoothies, spreads and chopping vegetables with my thermomix. The services offered by Froothie are also second to none. I defintiely recommend this product.

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Best Appliance I have ever bought.

I bought the Thermocook when it was first released. I received it just before Christmas & didn't really get to test it to the fullest as we were going away. I made a nut butter & homemade bread crumbs & was sold on it as I could see it was going to service my kitchen requirements really well. I cook all my jams in it, mix cake batters, make nut butters & chop nuts for my biscuit slices, I've made smoothies and cooked soups in it, it can be used for almost anything it just depends how far you stretch your imagination & in my case I sometimes do things in the kitchen the old way & then realize I could have used the Thermocook for the task . Its my now go to appliance instead of my Optimum 9400 although I do still use it occasionally. I would be so lost without my Thermocook.

So many Possibilities

I bought two of these, one as my brother's wedding gift and one for myself. I have been using it for all sorts of dishes and recipes like mixing pasta dough, mixing and culturing yogurt, making and chopping ingredients for omelettes, steaming vegetables, etc. This came with a recipe book but if you use your imagination, you can make so much more. It is logical to use and I have not had any problems with it for the two years I have been using it.

The only down side that I can think of is the cleaning. As you can heat and mix a lot of things in the bowl you can do the same to mix and heat a concoction of cleaning solutions. However sometimes you get burnt or caked on left overs during the cooking process on the bottom of the bowl and it is not always so straight forward to remove and clean. As there is a heating element inside the bowl you cannot submerge it in water or put it in the dishwasher. This is a huge inconvenience and is the reason why I have put 4 out of 5 starts. If there was a way to separate these components so you can clean it a lot easier I would give 5 out of 5.

Never less, this is a great investment and I do not regret it.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Hello Blake, My name is Francois, Customer Service Manager here at Froothie. :) I wanted to thank you for being one of our thousands of satisfied Froothie global customers - I appreciate you joined Froothie and Optimum in your health and wellness journey and I am glad you had a very positive experience with the Optimum ThermoCook Pro for the last 2 years. I understand how cleaning the appliance can be a hassle, therefore I would like to share a few tips you can apply to make the cleaning process a lot easier and to extend the life of your Optimum ThermoCook Pro: • Clean the body of your ThermoCook with a damp cloth only. Do not use harsh abrasives or chemicals. Once the machine is clean, dry it, and then store it in a well-ventilated and dry place. Ensure that the 6 contact pins at the bottom of the bowl are always clean and dry. • When cleaning the bowl by hand, add some soapy water into the bowl and use a long handed scrubber or pad. A bottle brush is great for getting the blade assembly clean. • Auto Clean: Place enough water to cover the blade assembly. Add a small amount of dishwashing liquid. Close the lid and place on the Measuring Cup to prevent any splashes. Set the following: 4 minutes. Speed 3. 100°C. Rinse with clean water. • Quick Clean: Empty food from bowl. Cover blades with water and add a small amount of dishwashing liquid. PULSE on for a few seconds as needed. Rinse with clean water. • Deep Clean: To clean hard to remove food that may have burnt on the bottom of the bowl or just to keep your bowl in pristine condition, add 2 tablespoons of bicarb soda, 2 tablespoons of vinegar and enough water to cover the blade. Cook for 3 minutes, Speed 3, 115°C. Rinse with clean water. If there is any food residue it can be easily wiped with a soft sponge. Please keep in mind that all non-electrical components are dishwasher safe. The bowl and the lid are not dishwasher safe. Parts that can go in the dishwasher are the steaming baskets, the glass steamer lid, the scraper and the butterfly tool. To avoid the contents burning on the base of the bowl I recommend using the butterfly tool on the blade assembly as this touches the bowl whilst it stirs. Please note the butterfly tool cannot be used above Speed 4. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. You can contact me personally anytime at francois@froothie.com.au - your support and help is highly appreciated. Kind regards, Francois,

Does what it says

I was originally going to buy a blender, but got this at the same price. This was a good move - it works just as well as the blender i was about to buy, and does FAR more.
Does exactly what it says it will, and does it well.
The Froothie team are also really great, and go out of their way to help.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

What a great buy !

I love my Thermocook , so safe, so easy and so versatile . And stylish so it looks good on the bench where I conveniently use it everyday .
Love the curries and the risotto, and the scones and the soups..............on and on.
And such a great price I cant recommend this appliance highly enough.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Thermocook Does It All!

From risotto to your favorite dessert anyone becomes a star in the kitchen with Thermocook and at the current pre sale price worth every penny! So happy we got this! Will recommend to anyone looking for an upgrade! Great addition to the kitchen and it literally chngaed our familes lifes!

Date PurchasedMay 2017

This is far better than thermomix in some ways

I got this machine before the thermomix just because i thought it was better ! BUT NO ! so i have just sold the thermomix .untill you have both you dont no but let me tell you the thermocook CAN do things the thermomix cant i could almost right a book about the subject
ps had both for just over 12 months

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Love It

Bread, scones, risotto, soup, stew etc etc.....Love it. My husbands favourite desert/cake is 'Nannas Impossible Pie'. He can put it together in our Thermocook, pour it in a dish and into the oven. . Finally found a 'machine' he is comfortable using. We were so impressed we upgraded our generator so we can use the Thermocook on our boat.
Would like more recipes please and a specific tool for easier cleaning of the blade and kneading shaft. Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Like it so much I doubled up at our Holiday Home

Our daughter in law is a Thermomix agent and I liked the concept but for what I thought I would use it for I could not justify the price. With the Thermocook price at less than half I thought I would give it a go. We make a lot of soup and that was a major reason for the purchase. I now use it for a range of other preparations and love it. We spent two months at our holiday home early this and I missed it so much I bought a second one.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Great addition to the kitchen

Our ThermoCook has become a staple in our daily kitchen routine. It's ability to do so many different jobs is fantastic and we use it to make breakfasts, lunches, dinners and everything in between. It is easy to clean and easy to use and has reduced the need for many other appliances within our kitchen.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Fabulous

The Thermocook has so many functions, and I am looking forward to exploring them all. It is not particularly intuitiive, so you need to use the instructions and cook book. The cook book instructions are not all that helpful.. for example, there is a picture of boiled eggs next to the boil function. But that isn't the way you do boiled eggs. The forum is helpful. Very helpful users and Froothie will answer your questions promptly.

Great kitchen companion!

After attending a Thermomix demonstration I was really impressed but couldn't justify the cost. After a lot of internet research I decided to try the Thermocook considering the 30 day money back grantee and I was lucky enough to get life time warranty. I am extremely happy with this machine. I love that I can steam vegetables, make sourdough and blitz absolutely anything in the one machine. The only downside is the recipe book, definitely needs upgrading and you can't blend at high speeds over 60 degrees. I understand it's a safety issue but for blending soup it's quite annoying having to wait for it to cool down.

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Love it

I was torn about getting a Thermomix I couldn't justify the cost but when I saw the Thermocook at less than 1/2 the priceI thought I'd give it a go. Well, the minute TC arrived we have had an ongoing love affair! I use the Thermomix recipes without any problems, TC gets used most days and I love it. The instruction book wasn't very clear but I muddled through. I think he is as good as a Thermomix.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Views through the eyes of a newcomer!!

After researching the market in full and having 2 daughter-in-laws with Thermomix, decided to go with Thermocook Pro. Excellent service ordered Online one day and delivered the next. Now to start cooking recipes in the recipe book provided, however I look forward to improvements or online backup of recipes. Also adapting my own recipes to suit.
I am really looking forward to the future of "Thermo cooking".