VerifiedMPN:OBH430

Video Quality
4.1

fleur
fleur

second camera not even a year old

This camera is quite unreliable. I have had to have to camera replacement in not even a year as camera just stops connecting. the first one only lasted a week. customer service dont seem to care and just say the will send a new one. The temp control is really bad 4-5 degrees higher which is just annoying as it cant be calibrated. Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi there, we have just sent you a private message regarding your review, All the best, Oricom.

Wal
WalMelbourne8 posts

Parent Unit/ Camera: Good. App/Camera: Terrible

Have not had any issues with the parent unit and two cameras.
The connection has always worked well, we haven’t had any of the issues described in other reviews. The picture and sound is clear and we don’t use the music or light features. Temperature is sometimes 3-4 deg out but that would be the only improvement area.
The iPhone app and camera pairing is terrible. Both cameras drop in and out, require constant pairing with the wifi (even on the camera that has a mesh router sitting next to it), The app won’t even create a QR code to pair the camera and wifi anymore. The app needs some serious improvements, this would not be acceptable if we had only purchased cameras and were expecting to use our phones as the parent unit. Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi Wal, we have just sent you a private message in regards to your review. thank you

Renee
Renee2 posts

Camera do not last

Originally purchased 2 and just before needing a 3rd camera one of the 1st 2 stopped working. Oricom replaced this but it has since stopped working as well. Purchased a 3rd to cover whilst first one was being replaced and today this has stopped working.
When they work they have good audio and good visuals but they are unreliable.
3 cameras that say they are paired but aren't and do not reset in 12 months. Not happy and now going to have to get an entire new set up or buy more cameras that will inevitably stop working as well.
Daddymedge
Daddymedge

Heap of rubbish. Great when it sometimes works

Camera disconnects randomly.
The reset function is tempermental or just doesnt work.
The temperature reading is 6 degrees out at all times.
The camera disconnected alarm cannot be silenced while trying to repair or reconnect.
My suggestion is to steer clear of this unit as it isnt worth the headache
Oricom   DM

Hi there, thanks for the review. Please know your product is backed by a 2 year warranty and our locally based customer service team are all here to assist you. Please give us a call 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST.

Matt
Matt

Best customer service

Wouldn’t connect to my wifi so I returned it. Otherwise the customer service was the best customer service I’ve ever experienced. Show details ·  1
Annabelle E.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Battery Life
Audio Quality
Video Quality
Oricom   DM

We are sorry to hear about your experience with your monitor. Given the opportunity, we would love to contact you to discuss the issues. Please send us your best contact details via private message. Thanks, Oricom

Rhiannon
Rhiannon

Camera disconnecting continuously

Received this product as a gift in exchange for a review. Requested a replacement camera, but the problem is persisting. The monitor and camera lose connection for no obvious reason. Both units are un touched, no interruption to battery or power sources, or internet disruption and still the camera disconnects. Even once restarting several times, it's luck of the draw if they manage to connect. Will be purchasing a new system as this one is useless to me.
Anonymous
Anonymous
  Fair Incentive

Wouldn't recommend

Wouldn't recommend absolutely rubbish. We purchased your product and six months later the camera stopped working at 10pm Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi there, we are sorry to hear of your experience. We would love to opportunity to try and resolve and discuss this with you. Please contact our locally based Oricom Support Team 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST. All the best, Oricom.

R Kessell
R Kessell2 posts

Horrible. Power light is to bright on camera and can not turn off

The power light in the camera is bright green and can not be turned off. This goes against all sleep advice to keep room dark. My LO just looks at the light. Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi there, the night light can be turned off and we would love to help with that. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST or email support@oricom.com.au. Thanks, Oricom.

Rach Conlan
Rach Conlan3 posts
  Fair Incentive

Such a great monitor!!

The cot stand is so handy with a toddler especially! I love the split screen function and also the app so I can see both my girls from my phone! Highly recommend !! Show reply
Melissa
MelissaSydney, NSW5 posts

Amazing baby monitor !!

Monitor is clear and can see baby at all times.
The coverage is really good as our home is big so I take the monitor even to the basement and works perfect.
Setting up the monitor was ok, wifi just needs to be good!
Very happy :) Show details ·  1
  • +1Thumbnail
char
charSydney, NSW28 posts

Amazing

I absolutely love this monitor and the size of the monitor screen and how clearly the quality is. So easy to use and the parent hub is amazing. Easy to setup too. I honestly highly recommend this to all parents with a newborn. Show details ·  1
Jenny O
Jenny OSydney, NSW2 posts

Finally a 'smart' baby monitor from Oricom!

We have 5 kids (our newborn being just over 2 months old) so we've used a few a few baby monitors over the years.
This is the first monitor we've owned that is a 'smart' baby monitor, it allows a live stream directly to the connected mobile phone app which is so handy! It has settings to send notifications when it detects movement or sound which means I can get alerts on my phone even when the unit is still charging - like I said, so handy!
We absolutely love the OBH430, it has all the features that you'd look for in a baby monitor:
- clear picture & audio
- live streaming
- easy setup of the camera unit
- Hubble application is straight forward and easy to use
- magnetic free pivot base for camera unit
- awesome night vision mode Show reply