3Oricom Secure740

4.2
High image quality
Sound is clear
Simple to set up

This product was available as part of ALDI's Special Buys for Jan 2020 & Jan 2021.

Rennae
RennaeSouth Australia3 posts
  Verified Top Review

Great Baby Monitor

Bought this recently as was wanting a monitor with 2 cameras and my old monitor no longer sold them.
The screen is a great size and the picture is very clear. There are great power saving and VOX modes, with an audible alarm you can turn on or off.
Lullabies that can be played from the parenting unit which my old VTech didn't have that option.
The pan and zoom options could be much better, and you do need to place the camera quite a distance away (ours is on the other side of room) to be able to see a large area.

Overall very happy, also bought a roger armstrong before this which we returned due to how unsatisfactory it was.

Purchased in .

Battery Life
Connectivity / Reliability
Audio Quality
Video Quality
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Oricom   DM

Hi there, thanks for the message and your suggestion. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

just.a.regular.consumer
just.a.regular.consumerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
  Verified Top Review

Had high hopes but did not pull through

I purchased the secure 740 as an upgrade/replacement for a significantly older sc710 5-6 yrs old. After reading a few reviews this monitor seemed like it was going to do the job nicely. However, I found that for something that retails for $200. I made the assumption (we all know the saying) would have been of better quality and technological improvements since the sc710.
However this was not the case, within the first few weeks, the volume button stopped working properly and when turning the volume up it would instantly turn the volume down so it was a constant cycle.. the power button also began getting stuck in the casing.
the unit was replaced by oricom however the replacements buttons felt just as bad and like it was all going to happen all over again a month or so down the track and I would have been back at square one.

- I also found that the signal would drop out quite regularly even when close to the room the camera was in.
- Battery life due to the size of the screen was terrible even with Vox turned on, it was almost on charge every hour. At least between every nap and on power overnight. (the battery is just as big as a mobile phone battery and yet still would not last very long. Considering how far technology has come you would think that this should be no issue.
- The support stand for the monitor is extremely flimsy and very thin.
- power cable connection was pretty touchy
- buttons, in general, felt very cheap
- camera more zoomed in so had to put it on the other side of the room

Purchased on special for $149 there and is no way I would have paid full price for this unit.

I was tossing up between this monitor and the sc720 as they were a similar price at the time, I chose this one after reading reviews, and for the screen size. I should have just purchased the sc720 and avoided the whole hassle.

ended up purchasing the sc720 in the end

Pro
is that oricom provided a replacement prior to me sending back the other unit (had to provide credit card details as security)and provided a full refund once both units were returned.

Purchased in at oricom for $149.

Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Oricom   DM

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience, and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss further with you. Please give our locally based team a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Renee
Renee

Reliable

Easy, reliable. Used daily for 3 years and still going strong. Show reply
Claire R
Claire RAU2 posts

Would not recommend this unit

I’ve been really unhappy with this monitor and wouldn’t recommend it at all. There is a constant buzz emitted from the baby camera which gets picked up on the parent unit. This then means that the parent unit is constantly on and making a sound. It’s very annoying if you (the parent) are trying to sleep at night. The battery also gets drained within 2hrs unless it is connected to a charger because the parent unit never switches off.

The oricom support team was very helpful and responded to my emails quickly about the concern. They also sent me out two new cameras to try (I cant fault customer service)x As the problem has remained though, I think it is probably just a fault with the design of the whole system. Show details

James T
James TAU2 posts

The Static Noise Camera

The screen does the job for monitoring and works over a good distance. But one of our cameras produces a terrible static noise and the company has been terrible for refunding a faulty product. A real headache during a busy time. You really dropped the ball, we’ve tried talking to you many times. Families- BUY ANOTHER BRAND
Lahiru
LahiruSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

BULGING BATTERY ISSUES

This was a great unit but the battery is bulging massively and looks dangerous. When I contacted Oricom, they said it's out of the 1 year warranty and to purchase a new battery for ~ $50 plus shipping. I'd assume the replacement battery would also bulge as their seems to be a mass defect in Oricom's batteries which is a shame given how good the units were... Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi there, we have sent you a private message, please respond we so can resolve this for you. Thanks

Rachelle
Rachelle

Bulging Battery Issues

We were really pleased with the monitor - until the battery bulged after only approx 6 months of use.
Oricom support confirmed via email it was faulty and would issue a new one, however we did need to chase via phone and email before it was actually sent.
Now the replacement battery is swelling, but Oricom are claiming the 3 year warranty does not include the battery which is only covered for 12 months from purchase. (However the first claim & replacement was outside 12 months)
We've been advised to purchase a replacement battery for $40 + shipping costs & they will include a complimentary new battery cover. Show details
Oricom   DM

Hey Rachelle, thanks for your review. If you would like to give us a call to discuss anything further please the team will be able to assist 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST.

Mel G
Mel G4 posts

Happy customer

Happy with the product as it suits our needs but most of all, happy with the excellent customer service. The customer support team (Janet in particular) is very responsive, professional and very happy to help. Thank you very much Oricom team. Show details ·  1
Sue Holmes

KristinaCentral West, NSW

Angie Currington
Angie Currington2 posts

Battery swelling!!!

This baby monitor has been amazing!
I've had it since before my 2 year old was born and it has been great.
I have only just now noticed that the back of the monitor has started expanding.
I took the battery out and it is slowly becoming swollen and enlarged.
I have just ordered and purchased a new replacement battery. Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi there, thanks for the message. We would love to assist. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom

Byron
ByronWestern Australia5 posts

Quality

Honestly thing this monitor is junk. Quality of the camera is rubbish and you literally have to have the camera on the roof to see the whole cot. Definitely wouldn't recommend. Motion detection constantly goes off and sounds but nothing is moving. And when there is actual motion it hardly sounds the alarm
Oricom   DM

Hi Byron, thanks for the message. Very sorry to hear you are unhappy with your purchase. Please feel free to give us a call 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST to discuss this further. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Tamara
TamaraCentral Queensland, QLD

Jesse
JesseSouth East Queensland, QLD

Does the job

Battery failed 2 months outside of warranty, called Oricom support and they were super helpful and offered to send us a new battery for free 10/10 customer service.
Only reason I give 4 stars is because the lens should be wider, the camera is mounted on the wall almost as high as the cealing and is set to the widest setting and dosent give a full view of the cot. Our bub always manages to work his way to one of the edges of the cot half out of view. Show details ·  1
Glenn P
Glenn P2 posts

Bulging battery

We were really pleased with the monitor - it just worked without fuss - until the battery bulged after only 12 months of use.
Oricom support then tried to claim that the 3 year warranty in the instruction book was actually only 12 months, and that a battery doesn't count anyway.
They told me to purchase a replacement for $40 - almost a quarter of the cost of buying a new monitor!
It's also a little concerning that the batteries are prone to bulging when used in such close proximity with babies, as I can see from other reviews this is not an isolated incident. Show details

Frequently Asked Questions about Oricom Secure740

How many cameras can I connect to the one parent unit?

The Secure740 can connect up to 4 camera units (CU740) to the one parent unit. The original unit is supplied with one camera. Additional cameras can be purchased from our online store or from your local baby store.

My SC740 is not functioning as it should. What can I do?

Check that both the parent unit and baby unit are turned on. Check that the parent unit is charged or placed on charge. Check that the baby unit is connected to the correct supplied power adaptor. Failing this, please contact Oricom Support on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, or email support@oricom.com.au.

What do I do if my parent unit is beeping?

Move the parent unit closer to the baby unit. Try resetting your monitor to avoid busy channels: 1. Turn both camera and parent units off and remove the battery in the parent unit. Leave unplugged for 20 seconds. 2. If you have Wi-Fi in the home, make it busy by streaming a video on YouTube or similar. 3. Turn the camera back on wait for 30 seconds. 4. Plug the battery into the parent unit and turn on. If the display is still beeping, please delete and re-pair the camera as instructed on page 12 of the User Guide. When pairing it is best to keep the camera and parent units close together (within 1m) and keep clear of all other electronic devices including mobile phones, tablets or computers.

What do I do if there is a high-pitched noise coming from the parent unit?

Increase the distance between the parent unit and baby unit. Reduce the volume on the parent unit.

Why is the battery not charging?

Check the battery is connected to the battery connection in the battery compartment. After a period of time, the battery may need to be replaced due to everyday usage. Please find the part under the accessories tab on the Secure740 Product Page.

How should I setup my Secure740 for optimum performance?

To get the best performance, place your baby unit between one and two metres away from your baby. Point the baby unit towards the baby or object you want to monitor. Check that the baby or object is suitably displayed on the parent unit screen.

What is the in-use time of the battery?

Depending on the usage, the parent unit will work for up to 8 hours on a fully charged battery with power save turned ON. When the battery charge becomes low on the parent unit, the battery icon will turn red. At this point, you need to charge the parent unit. The rechargeable battery pack (supplied) can be charged and discharged hundreds of times, however it will eventually wear out and lose its ability to hold a full charge. When the in-use time becomes noticeably shorter than normal, it is time to purchase a new battery pack.

How do I play lullabies?

Press MENU button: 1) Select the Lullabies icon. Press "OK" button to confirm the selection. 2) Choose the lullaby to play from the lullabies list. Your monitor will automatically replay

Latest Consumer Questions

Amy H.
Amy H.

Hi there I got a secret 740 video cam but it's faulty I need to no if I can get a new one an where do I send this one bk too

Oricom   DM

Hey Amy, Sorry to hear of your issues with your Secure740. Please give our locally based Oricom Support Team a call 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST as they will be able to assist you.

Ash

Is it common for the monitor screen to just go black and never come back again ? It was working fine for the last 6 months but last week the screen just blacked out and never came back I’ve tried the cord in the camera aswell to make sure it’s not an issue with the cord and the light on the camera comes on so it’s not that

Ash

I contacted your customer service team and with in 10 minutes they’ve got me a new replacement screen on the way so 10/10 for Janet salama in your customer service department she deserves a raise for her awsome and quick work

Rebecca D.
Rebecca D.

What happens when the monitor won’t turn on and I can hear my voice from the camera, but I can’t get anything, but a black screen on the monitor

Oricom   DM

Hey Rebecca, thanks for the message. We would love to troubleshoot this with you. Please give us a call 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Features:

• The Oricom Secure740 is a 4.3” digital video baby monitor that lets you check on your baby whenever you want to.
  • The monitor has a room temperature display and alert, so that you can see if your baby is comfy.
  • Night vision capabilities and the option to connect up to 4 cameras (sold separately), let you see your bub in all situations.
  • It can also make white noise (womb sounds and a vacuum cleaner) and play lullabies to soothe your little one to sleep.
  • A feeding timer helps you keep track of your baby’s schedule, so that you can go about your day without your baby constantly on your mind.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers said that this baby monitor had great image quality, letting them easily see their little one on the monitor.
  • They also said that the sound of the monitor was clear.
  • According to reviewers, the baby monitor was simple to set up.
CategoryBaby Monitors
Price (RRP) $249
TypeVideo & Audio
Features2-way Communication, Infrared Camera, Lullabies and Room Temperature Monitor
Screen Size 4.3"