Oricom Secure740

Oricom Secure740

MPN: SC740

How to buy the best baby monitor

Every new parent wants peace of mind in knowing their baby is safe, and a reliable baby monitor can help. With so many types of on the market, you might be unsure whether to choose a video baby monitor, baby breathing monitor, a Wi-Fi baby monitor, or a basic audio monitor. Here are some tips on how to compare baby monitors in Australia before investing in one.

Read now

• Video Quality

KatT

KatTGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best quality monitor.

From what I've seen, this is the best quality image you'll get on a monitor without going for smart phone capabilities that have 1080p. If you're after really good solid quality and very minimal pixelation on the parents screen, then this is the monitor for you. A little pricey but work it. Responsive, and great solid quality overall. Only thing missing is digital movement but it does have digital zoom, though I can't figure out how that works. I've read the manual over and pressed the button but it just won't work.

Purchased in September 2020 for A$170.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the support and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Kmorgan

KmorganSydney, NSW

Terrible camera range and cord length is less than 1 meter

Really disappointed and unhappy with the quality of this product, the cord is so short you need your crib as closer to power point just so the camera can see the crib. The overall range and quality of picture is very poor, we feel like we have wasted money, will have to buy a different product now.

Purchased in September 2020 for A$250.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, we are sorry to hear of your experience and would like the opportunity to discuss this with you. Please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Alexandria J.

Alexandria J.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Survived the cat test

Fantastic. I have been using this for 3 months now and had no issues, works perfectly from every room in the house and the clothesline. I was motivated to review it this morning when my cat knocked it from the top of my shower where I had it suspended to the tiled floor of the still running shower. A 2m drop, it burst open at the seams and as soon as I clicked it back together and dried it off, it was back to working perfectly. Durable, reliable, hardworking and great battery life.

Purchased in May 2020 at Oricom for A$150.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Carol

CarolSydney, NSW

Big screen but freezes sometimes

Very helpful. Can see clearly even when the room is dark. Got motion/sound alarms sometimes with outside sound rather than inside the room/from baby. Screen freezes makes it unsafe. Happened that baby woke up but we thought he was still asleep

Purchased for A$149.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We are sorry to hear of the issues experienced and would love to discuss. Please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Nerinda M.

Nerinda M.Central, TAS

Great product

Great product, works well. Very satisfied with the quality, very easy to set up. Only Downfall is the battery life is very short. Still a reliable product. Highly recommend this unit.

Purchased in March 2020 at Oricom for A$149.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the support and wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

It does the job, mostly...

Pros, set up is a breeze (literally plug and play), range and coverage to the screen is strong even through our double-brick apartment. Connects reliably in multiple locations. Audio is good.

Cons, image quality and field of view is miserable, if cot/baby is not precisely in the centre of the screen you might as well turn it off. If there is a way to pan while zoomed in, I haven’t found it...

To sum up - Does the job - mostly but would I recommend, mostly not...

When making a decision if you want to purchase, consider whether you’re buying it to set up quickly/reliably or whether you prioritise monitoring your baby clearly...

Purchased in July 2020 at Oricom for A$149.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Neil, thanks for the review sorry to hear some of your feedback. If you would like to discuss with a team member, please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Terrible video/picture quality

Not sure after reading all the reviews that we were actually sent the right monitor!! But our video quality is shocking!! We only bought it based on these reviews and are now soooo disappointed!!! It’s terrible quality. And you have to hold monitor on the right ‘angle’ to even see baby well! Just to add also- after it being on charge next to me over night, the battery has swollen to the point it’s pushing the back cover off, which is a massive fire risk! We have requested a refund and return from the Nile.

Purchased in September 2020 at The Nile for A$249.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jasmine, we are disappointed to read your review and if you would like to discuss any of the feedback with a team member, please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Deirdre Saunders

Deirdre SaundersGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it

Exactly what we wanted. Only downfall is the cord is too short and we cannot mount it higher up on the wall. The coverage is great and it’s very reliable.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$200.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Brooke Smith

Brooke SmithPerth, WA

A great product

It was really easy to set the monitor up initially. I was unsure if it would be a great quality picture and audio but I was so surprised with how clear of a picture you get and no constant static noise on the audio like I’ve had with other monitors. My only issues are that the power cord for the camera is not long enough to allow for better placement in the room and also I have to leave the parent monitor on charge constantly otherwise it loses battery through the night. Overall very happy with the product and value for money.

Purchased at Oricom for A$149.00.

Tasha

TashaSydney, NSW

Great baby monitor

I’m very satisfied with our purchase. Great value. The range cover is exactly what l need.
Excellent audio and great image quality (Day and night). Easy to set up. Highly recommend!

Purchased in August 2020 at Oricom for A$149.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Tasha, thanks for the review and for taking the time to let others know of your experience with the Secure740. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Anita

AnitaTasmania

I just put in a warranty claim.

My parent unit stopped working. I bought it in April, so it is only two months old. To be honest, I'm getting a lot of anxiety that I can't check easily on my son whilst it's broken.

Update after mediation - because I bought online I was able to get a replacement in the mail, which I appreciated. BUT they made me pay return postage on the broken unit, and took my credit card details so they could charge me if I didn't send it. It cost me $12 to send back, despite not being my fault. Even the woman at the post office told me that was wrong and I should complain. So that left a sour taste in my mouth. I won't but online from them again because of it.

Purchased in April 2020 at Oricom for A$149.00.

Marisha

Marisha

Had issues with camera but they were fixed quickly

Had issues with the camera. I had only been using it for and hour or 2 and the screen on the parent unit suddenly turned green. I contacted Oricom via email and had a very quick response asking for invoice, camera serial number and I also sent photos of the parent units screen.

I then received an R/A number and a phone call about them sending me another camera and instructions to return the faulty camera.
My replacement camera is working great and the quality of both camera and parental unit is good.

Purchased in May 2020 at Oricom online for A$149.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Marisha, thank you for your valued review. We are so glad our amazing support team were able to quickly resolve your issue. All the best on your future use of your SC740. Oricom Baby Care.

Sophie

SophieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great monitor!

Wanted a monitor that had a talk-back function so I could communicate with older kids upstairs at night time. Super happy with this purchase. Fantastic video quality and good sound. Highly recommend.

Purchased in June 2020 at www.oricom.com.au for A$149.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Boggabri Dad

Boggabri DadCanberra 2600, ACT

Utterly terrible

Worst camera I’ve used. The problem is that it is zoomed in and for me to fit the cot into the whole frame, I have to place the camera 4.1 METERS which means the camera has to be OUTSIDE the room!!

Purchased in July 2020 for A$249.00.

Chantelle

ChantelleIllawarra, NSW

Exactly what every parent needs!

I was gifted this monitor for my baby, and absolutely love it, Clear images of bubs, the audio is outstanding which also includes its own lullabys. I have another baby due in Feb so I will be adding another camera

Purchased in February 2020 at ALDI for A$99.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and review, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Jaimee Anderson

Jaimee AndersonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great

Very happy with monitor as I brought online before seen it. Very easy to set up. Happy with picture, sometimes there is a little glear but just reposition camera and it comes right. I just wish you could zoom in.

Purchased in April 2020 at Oricom website for A$150.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and we appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the unit. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Worth the upgrade

After having my second child I was looking to purchase a monitor that I could have two cameras attached to. Being able to keep an eye on both children makes me feel 100 time better. The clarity of the picture is brilliant, having the different alarms like the temp, movement and sound alarms calms my mumma anxiety.
Would 100% recommend.

Purchased in March 2020.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and for the recommendation. We appreciate the support, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Awesome

I found the quality of the picture to be awesome picture really good an sound an monitor also really good an easy to use. And I'm really happy I brought this product

Purchased in May 2020 for A$150.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Rebecca, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Must have, Great monitor

Very clear picture In day and night view, large screen, Good sound quality, white noise and lullaby. Tells the temperature and time, everything you want in a Baby monitor. Easy to use, Would recommend.

Purchased in July 2020.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jonathon, thanks for the review and recommendation. We appreciate the support, and wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Aline S.

Aline S.Sydney, NSW

Monitor OK, Terrible holder though

It is a good monitor, but the support / holder is terrible, It was brokeN in 2 weeks and there is no way to put it back. The monitor is a good size

Purchased in May 2020 for A$189.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and if you would like to discuss, please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Frequently Asked Questions about Oricom Secure740

How many cameras can I connect to the one parent unit?

The Secure740 can connect up to 4 camera units (CU740) to the one parent unit. The original unit is supplied with one camera. Additional cameras can be purchased from our online store or from your local baby store.

My SC740 is not functioning as it should. What can I do?

Check that both the parent unit and baby unit are turned on. Check that the parent unit is charged or placed on charge. Check that the baby unit is connected to the correct supplied power adaptor. Failing this, please contact Oricom Support on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, or email support@oricom.com.au.

What do I do if my parent unit is beeping?

Move the parent unit closer to the baby unit. Try resetting your monitor to avoid busy channels: 1. Turn both camera and parent units off and remove the battery in the parent unit. Leave unplugged for 20 seconds. 2. If you have Wi-Fi in the home, make it busy by streaming a video on YouTube or similar. 3. Turn the camera back on wait for 30 seconds. 4. Plug the battery into the parent unit and turn on. If the display is still beeping, please delete and re-pair the camera as instructed on page 12 of the User Guide. When pairing it is best to keep the camera and parent units close together (within 1m) and keep clear of all other electronic devices including mobile phones, tablets or computers.

What do I do if there is a high-pitched noise coming from the parent unit?

Increase the distance between the parent unit and baby unit. Reduce the volume on the parent unit.

Why is the battery not charging?

Check the battery is connected to the battery connection in the battery compartment. After a period of time, the battery may need to be replaced due to everyday usage. Please find the part under the accessories tab on the Secure740 Product Page.

How should I setup my Secure740 for optimum performance?

To get the best performance, place your baby unit between one and two metres away from your baby. Point the baby unit towards the baby or object you want to monitor. Check that the baby or object is suitably displayed on the parent unit screen.

What is the in-use time of the battery?

Depending on the usage, the parent unit will work for up to 8 hours on a fully charged battery with power save turned ON. When the battery charge becomes low on the parent unit, the battery icon will turn red. At this point, you need to charge the parent unit. The rechargeable battery pack (supplied) can be charged and discharged hundreds of times, however it will eventually wear out and lose its ability to hold a full charge. When the in-use time becomes noticeably shorter than normal, it is time to purchase a new battery pack.

How do I play lullabies?

Press MENU button:
1) Select the Lullabies icon. Press "OK" button to confirm the selection.
2) Choose the lullaby to play from the lullabies list. Your monitor will automatically replay

Latest Consumer Questions

Kmorgan

Kmorganasked

Why is the cord so short for the camera?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, the cord is designed to be suited to most applications. Please give us a call to discuss the application you are using to see if we can come up with an option for you. Please call 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Pauline T.

Pauline T.asked

Hi, how to fix the “no link”?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Pauline, thanks for the message. As per the User guide: Press MENU button.
1) Select Camera icon. Press “OK” button to confirm the selection.
2) Press add camera (SC740 supports up to 4 cameras). Press OK button to confirm the selection.
3) Press the “Pair” button on the camera to pair within 30 seconds.

If you have connected the camera and you are experiencing list link, then please give our locally based team a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to troubleshoot the issue with you. It could be a simple environment change that will make the range better for you. Oricom Baby Care.

Alaa D.

Alaa D.asked

Does the secure740 model have anyway of controlling its projected capture like a pan and tilt camera?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Alaa, thanks for the message. No, the Secure740 is not motorised pan-tilt, instead the SC740 camera has a 360 degree swivel mount base, which means you can set it up at the exact angle required to capture your little one on screen. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives