Oricom BabySense7 Breathing Movement Monitor

Oricom BabySense7 Breathing Movement Monitor

How to buy the best baby monitor

Every new parent wants peace of mind in knowing their baby is safe, and a reliable baby monitor can help. With so many different types available, understanding their pros and cons is important.

Read now

• Battery Life
  • Connectivity / Reliability
  • Audio Quality
  • Video Quality
Toni Stephens

Toni StephensDarling Downs, QLD

We made the right choice buying this monitor

My first born had severe sleep apnea as a newborn, so I constantly worry about SIDS. This monitor alleviated that stress with my current newborn. I love that it is battery operated, so I can move the bassinet around the house easily, and I find the green flashing light reassuring in the middle of the night. I haven't had a false alarm, however I have forgotten to switch the monitor off, and the alarm is very loud. To those who have mentioned sensitivity to fans etc- I have had a baby stop breathing, and I would choose a million false alarms, over the real thing, (or worse to not be alarmed at all in a terrible event).

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Gengarl

Gengarl

Useless in summer

I just installed it and realized the sensor will detect the ceiling fan movement which basically means I have to choose between sleeping with a fan or with the sensor on, which make it completely useless in the hot australian summer. It is also completely useless with a bassinet, will only work with a cot. Dont buy this product if not planning to use a cot

Purchased in February 2020.

Mike Thompson

Mike ThompsonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Gave us peace of mind

Purchased in August 2020 for A$179.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time time let others know of your experience with the product. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Baby Monitors

Find out how Oricom BabySense7 Breathing Movement Monitor compares to other Baby Monitors

tgallen

tgallenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Peace of mind

As a first time mum this monitor gave me peace of mind at night once I had transitioned my little one to her cot into her own room. It was easy to use and clear footage.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$350.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom.

Jordan Taylor

Jordan Taylor

Annoying!

Bought it thinking I could use it in her bassinet but there’s nowhere to put it. Must only be attached to a cot - super annoying!
Haven’t used it since I’ve bought it.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jordan, the product can be used on a bassinet. Please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

sunlovers

sunloversGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best baby purchase ever!

By far the best baby product we have brought
Gives us piece of mind and I wouldn’t sleep without it.
Ended up buying a second one for my parents house.
No cords which is great, my one has had super long battery life but the one at my parents not as much.
Only downsides are we Purchased as a set with the starry nights camera which we didn’t like, doesn’t work well in summer with a fan on as the monitor picks up on the movement of the fan, the light flashes quite bright and would love if it connected through the camera unit so we could see that it’s working/on
Other than that highly recommend

Purchased in August 2019.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. We wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Good usability

Purchased in November 2019.

Tech SupportOricom
Nikita

NikitaSydney, NSW

Got a faulty battery in my baby monitor package

Brought a baby monitor from baby bunting today the baby sense7 and got a faulty battery in my package I’m currently annoyed that I ended up with a faulty battery

Purchased in September 2020 at Baby Bunting for A$400.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Nikita, we are sorry to hear of your experience and review, and know that Oricom Support are working with you to resolve now. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Joel J.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing product to keep your little one monitored

Absolutely love it, and very reasonable price, this is a must have for peace of mind. Tested it by placing baby in the right spot and also taking the baby off. Works really well. I bought the bundle which includes the video monitor for amazing value for money.

Purchased in June 2020 at Oricom for A$313.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the support and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

ShelleyB

ShelleyB

Great if you don't mind flashing lights

I think it's very good for piece of mind, it's also easy to set up and use. However, when activated it has a flashing green light that I find very disruptive. My baby's cot is in our bedroom and try as I might I just can't sleep with this flashing light going all night. We're still trying to find a way to either prevent or minimise this from happening. Hopefully we can find something that will reduce this disruptive feature because I really want to resume using it. If this flashing light wasn't present then I would give it 5 stars.

Purchased in July 2020.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and will ensure it is passed on for continual product development. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Samantha Mccall

Samantha MccallMurray Region, NSW

Love it, couldn't live without it

Love this product, Worth every cent!
Realiable, easy to set up, great quality product; both sound & picture.
Love the microphone feature where can talk to bub from monitor without entering the room

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

excellent product. gives me peace of mind.

a very reliableproduct. easy to set up and and easy to use. gives me great piece of mind when bubs goes to sleep. green flashing light is easy to see

Purchased in May 2020 for A$169.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the support, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

DubzAustralia

While it may be a good product, terrible design. Not user friendly nor adaptable. Wish saved my money to be honest.

I do not like the actual mechanism, it is not adaptable to different cot designs and useless with bassinets or co-sleepers.

Was easy to set up, and reasonably reliable but zero marks for design

Purchased in July 2020 at Oricom for A$459.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, we are disappointed to hear your review on a product that serves such an important role. We will take on board the comments, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Dubz

I acknowledge the important role, my issue was with the product design only, rather than function, and that issue remains.

Jayde Christine

Jayde ChristineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it! So much peace of mind!

I love the sense breathing plates. Puts mind at ease and can sleep knowing bubs is fine. It’s easy to use - although I would prefer the button up higher as sometimes tricky to reach down. But other than that it’s been amazing so far for my newborn!

Purchased in July 2020 at Oricom for A$150.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jayde, thanks so much for the review. We appreciate the feedback, and thanks for letting others know of your experience with the product. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Emma Drew

Emma DrewMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Fantastic monitor

very easy to set up
Very loud alarm that can be heard all through my house
Love the 'clicking' sound warning it gives when i bubs out and forget to turn it off
Easy to use - simple push button for on/off
Gives me peace of my mind while my baby sleeps

Purchased in June 2020 at Oricom online for A$164.50.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Emma, thanks for the review, and for taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Shelley

Shelley

Great product

Great product, absolutely works. It'd be great if it didn't light up, as lights can be stimulating and prevent sound sleep. We just put tape over it though and it worked.

Purchased in June 2020 at Oricom for A$169.00.

Tech SupportOricom

Hi Shelley, thanks for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with others. All the best Oricom Baby Care

Ease of mind

Once we figured out how to set it up in the bassinet, would be handy to have a bigger cord.
Easy to use, haven’t had any false alarms. Ease of mind while sleeping!

Purchased in April 2020 at Oricom.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Lauren, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience. We wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

So happy with the peace of mind it gives us as first time parents.

Super easy set up. Batteries seem to last a decent amount of time. Takes a week to get into the habit of turning it off when picking baby up, but then it becomes normal.
Very happy

Purchased in April 2020 for A$369.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the feedback and taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

Great for my peace of mind!

The BabySense7 has been great for us!
We have never had a false alarm. It gives me so much comfort while I am sleeping knowing that I will be woken if my baby was to stop breathing. I could not live without this product!

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Larissa, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and glad to hear of your experience with the Babysense7. We wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Belinda Isbister

Belinda IsbisterSouth West, WA

Highly recommended

This monitor provides us with Peace of mind. It’s worked perfectly & simply to set up. A slightly longer monitor cord would be useful but we have made do. No false alarms so far & only beeps when I take baby out of bassinet and forget to turn off....at least we know it works! Good value for money.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Belinda, thanks for the feedback and review, we do appreciate it. Thanks for taking the time to let others know of your experience with the unit. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Frequently Asked Questions about Oricom BabySense7 Breathing Movement Monitor

Is it a medical device?

Babysense7 is included as a medical device on the Australian Register of Therapeutic goods (ARTG No. 97479).

Is it simple to set up and easy to use?

Yes, extremely simple to set up and operate, however we strongly recommend the user guide instructions be followed and functionality regularly tested.

Is it portable?

Yes, it uses 4 x AA Alkaline batteries (not supplied) so you can move it easily.

I’ve read that the Babysense7 monitor runs on batteries. How long (on average) will the batteries normally last before needing to change them?

The babysense7 is Powered by 4 x AA, 1.5-volt Alkaline batteries (not supplied). Power consumption is approximately 1mA. Battery life is approximately 6 months using high quality alkaline batteries.

Can it be used in cribs, bassinets, travel cot?

Yes, as long as the base is rigid and a suitable mattress is used and you must ensure that excess cords are secured under the mattress out of reach of baby or other infants. Modifications may be required to the bassinet for sensor pad wiring access and controller unit placement. For further advice please consult an Oricom Representative.

How many sensor pads does it have?

It comes with two highly sensitive sensor pads that cover the area of a standard sized crib or cot.

What age groups is it suitable for?

It is suitable for healthy infants up to one year (12months) of age (it cannot be used for children or adults).

If I have twins, can I use with both babies in one cot?

No you will need to have babies in separate cots, each with its own Babysense7 monitor.

Why is it that lights on Control Unit do not illuminate when turned ON?

Batteries are not inserted incorrectly or may be flat. Check batteries are inserted in the Control unit observing the correct polarity. Control unit requires 4 x AA 1.5V Alkaline batteries (not supplied).

What is low battery voltage warning (red light) on the Control Unit is flashing?

Batteries are low, replace all 4 batteries.

Why does alarm goes off after a few hours?

This could be due to the following:

The mattress is not touching the sensor pads.

The mattress is raised (there is an object near the sensor pads).

Two sensor pads are connected but the baby is not yet crawling.

Only one sensor pad is connected and the baby has crawled off the sensor pad.

The mattress does not enable adequate transfer of baby movement The compositions of some cot mattresses may not conduct vibrations associated with babies breathing movement and may not be suitable with Babaysense7.

Do not use Babysense7 with a memory foam mattress.

Make sure that the mattress and sensor pads are touching. Make sure that there are no objects next to the sensor pads. Connect sensor pads as per the user manual. If baby is not yet able to crawl, use only one sensor pad and make sure sensor is placed underneath baby’s location in bed to ensure greater relative sensitivity. Place a sheet of plywood (not supplied) under the sensor pad so that the sensor pad and the mattress will be tightly pressed together.

Why do I get delayed alarms while taking the baby out of the bed?

Performance test is not correct. Do not conduct performance test by taking the baby out of bed and waiting for the alarm to go off. Kindly conduct performance test according to the performance test instruction in user guide. The alarm does not go off within 20 seconds when performing the correct performance test Environmental Influences detected by the sensor pads, such as wind, fan, air-conditioner, toy mobile vibrations. Perform a test which will detect the source of the movement that the device detects, eg; sources of wind such as air conditioner, an open window or a fan, movements of baby mobile (which can vibrate even if it’s not turned on) walking around the bed area or an intercom placed near the bed with intense transmission levels. Eliminate sources of wind, remove the mobile etc. After neutralising all environmental interruptions, perform the test again.

Can I use the Babysense7 on my 13-month-old infant?

Babysense7 is intended for healthy newborn infants from birth and up to 1 year of age. Babysense7 is set to recognise a defined breathing movement rate of infants within this age group (the alarm sounds if breathing stops for 20 seconds or if the breathing rate slows to below 10 breaths per minute).

Can I use Babysense7 if my infant needs constant medical supervision?

No. You should contact your GP or medical specialist and seek their advice on what alternative suitable methods of monitoring your infant are available.

The Babysense7 detects the movement produced by a baby’s breathing. A newborn, being smaller, may not have as much movement than a 3 or 4-month-old baby, and when two sensor pads are connected it does reduce the sensitivity of the pads, a little, no problem for an older baby but maybe a little more difficult to detect the movement for a new born baby. This is why it is always best to follow the instructions in the user guide including performing a regular (daily) test of the monitor. Babysense7 is intended for use as an Infant Apnoea Alarm. ALWAYS READ THE LABEL AND USER GUIDE, USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.

Latest Consumer Questions

Kristy M.

Kristy M.asked

Hi there,
Just replaced all the batteries in our oricom babysense 7 aponea mat, made sure connections were right and sensor pads in correct position.
Pushed the on button with baby in the crib, red light came on and clicking noise didn't stop, just kept clicking. These are brand new batteries and been tested before we put them in. Help! Was working perfectly prior to this.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Kristy, thanks for the message. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

blackdoner

blackdonerasked

Hi! How do i know if there is a false alarn or the baby has trouble breathing?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, the device is designed to be extremely sensitive and should be strictly setup in accordance with the User Guide. It must be stressed, Babysense7 is a home breathing movement rate monitor designed to be an aid for use with healthy infants up to one year of age and is not to be relied on for use with infants requiring medical attention or supervision. Medically trained staff such as nurses or non-medically trained users such as parents or caregivers may use the Babysense7. The Babysense7 is intended for home use. If you have any concerns about your baby's health, always consult a medical practitioner. Oricom Baby Care.

Linda S.

Linda S.asked

Is the product a long range monitor as we live in a double storey home

Joel J.

This has no remote option, it is only a sound alarm, the sensor pads are kept under the mattress. And the monitor is hooked to the cot. If baby stops breathing it sounds a loud alarm.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Linda, the product is not wireless and utilises a hard connection to an alarm which is similar in sound to a smoke alarm. Please see the below video for an explainer of the product and how it works. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryBaby Monitors