Oricom BabySense7 Breathing Movement Monitor

• Connectivity / Reliability
  • Audio Quality
  • Video Quality

Brilliant breathing monitor

Have used this for 2 babies now. Have only had one false alarm in about a year of use (I hope it was false, although bub was in a very deep sleep). I love the green flashing light as I can open one eye in the middle of the night, see the flash and know all is well. Also love the fact there is no WiFi (all connected with cords) so safe from a radiation point to view. Doesn't work so well when baby is crawling a lot as they can move away from it, but the sids risk is reduced by this age anyway so an ok trade off.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Liz, thank you for taking the time to let others know of your feedback, we really appreciate it! All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Benefisa

BenefisaSouth East Queensland, QLD

In defence of the green flashing light

I like this product. Only giving it 4 starts because there are occasional false alarms, but in my experience they have been rare.
I also LOVE the green flashing light, as it is an instant indicator that the monitor is working. Otherwise I would be constantly second guessing whether I remembered to turn it on after the last night feeding, or if the battery is still ok. I got used to the light very quickly and my baby doesn’t seem to notice it. I find it quite reassuring when I half-wake in the middle of the night, see that green flash and fall back asleep knowing everything’s ok.
I bought the bundle with the video camera and monitor and love those too.

Purchased in August 2020 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $344.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the feedback and taking the time to review the Babysense7. We appreciate the support and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Judy O.Sydney, NSW

IT SAVED OUR SON!

We will forever be thankful to this monitor as it saved our son who stopped breathing in his sleep. We are glad we made this purchase! Definitely reliable, plus the device is easy to setup.

Purchased in September 2020 for $329.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks so much for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the Babysense7. We are so glad to hear of your experience and wish you all the very best! Oricom Baby Care.

Baby Monitors

Find out how Oricom BabySense7 Breathing Movement Monitor compares to other Baby Monitors

Didn't use more than once

we used the breathing and movement sensor once, but the continuous bright flashing lights inside bubs crib made us turn it off and not use it again. I wouldn't recommend.

Purchased in May 2020 for $400.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, we are sorry to hear of your experience and appreciate the feedback. Oricom Baby Care.

Richard s.

Richard s.Perth, WA

Peace of mind

Our son was getting lazy and deciding not always to lift his face and shove it into the mattress.

Once we got the sensor we felt at ease and my wife managed to get alot more sleep as we could move his cott away from our bed.

Alarm went off once.... hopefully it was a false alarm, anyways i quickly picked him up and he was fine.

Definately something that we dont regret purchasing.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Polly HaysmanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great for peace of mind

The Range isn’t huge it does dip in and out of range when I’m only 2 rooms away so I am a bit nervous for when we move her into her room and we rely on it at night. The light also flashes VERY brightly. But otherwise good.

Purchased in May 2019 for $189.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Polly, what do you mean the range? The unit is hardwired and does not utilise any wireless components? Oricom

Polly Haysman

Oh my gosh baby brain! I was thinking the camera and breathing sense were the same item as I bought them in a package together. Disregard that part. Excellent apart from the bright flashing light.

Great Product!

Great product, gives great peace of mind. Only gripe is that occaisionally the alarm has taken longer than I'd like to go off when testing and battery life is short. Overall excellent and would recommend.

Purchased in June 2020.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know. The product is designed to alert after 20 seconds, which is a selected time. Oricom

Jono

JonoNortheast, VIC

Peace of Mind

Excellent product, easy to setup and operate, well worth the investment for that peace of mind knowing your baby is safe, secure and sound when your that little further away

Purchased in July 2020.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. We wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Peace of mind

We only have a very small place so range is adequate
Happy with audio, it has been reliable and easy to setup
Would recommend as enables us to have a peaceful sleep

Purchased in August 2020 for $300.00.

Baby Monitors

Good product for the price

We found the monitor a bit more temperamental in a bassinet but with a few tweaks its worked well and so worth the piece of mind. Make sure you recalibrate after changing sheets.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review, and we appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Brilliant camera

I love the video and sound quality of this camera.. I wish the charge was better I followed all instructions on the first charge however it still does not hold well.. I would still purchase it as it’s easy to plug in and charge and watch at the same time! Our very useful baby item a must have

Purchased in August 2020 for $300.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Celina, with regard to camera, do you mean the SC740 or another product. The Babysense7 unit by itself does not include a camera. Oricom Baby Care.

Alana

AlanaPerth, WA

Great product, helps us have a good sleep without stressing

Great product, easy to use. Can turn it on and off easily when getting baby up from his bassinet. Helps us have a peaceful sleep knowing he is safe. Would highly recommend.

Purchased in September 2020.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Alana, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great peace of mind

We are very happy with our monitor.
It is extremely clear.
Range is ample.
Audio is very clear.
Works every time .
Very easy to install.
Battery is limited ands needs to stay on charge

Purchased in July 2020 at The CPAP Clinic Physical store for $360.00.

Toni Stephens

Toni StephensDarling Downs, QLD

We made the right choice buying this monitor

My first born had severe sleep apnea as a newborn, so I constantly worry about SIDS. This monitor alleviated that stress with my current newborn. I love that it is battery operated, so I can move the bassinet around the house easily, and I find the green flashing light reassuring in the middle of the night. I haven't had a false alarm, however I have forgotten to switch the monitor off, and the alarm is very loud. To those who have mentioned sensitivity to fans etc- I have had a baby stop breathing, and I would choose a million false alarms, over the real thing, (or worse to not be alarmed at all in a terrible event).

Purchased in May 2020.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Gengarl

Gengarl

Useless in summer

I just installed it and realized the sensor will detect the ceiling fan movement which basically means I have to choose between sleeping with a fan or with the sensor on, which make it completely useless in the hot australian summer. It is also completely useless with a bassinet, will only work with a cot. Dont buy this product if not planning to use a cot

Purchased in February 2020.

Mike Thompson

Mike ThompsonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Gave us peace of mind

Purchased in August 2020 for $179.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time time let others know of your experience with the product. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

tgallen

tgallenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Peace of mind

As a first time mum this monitor gave me peace of mind at night once I had transitioned my little one to her cot into her own room. It was easy to use and clear footage.

Purchased in July 2020 for $350.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom.

Jordan Taylor

Jordan Taylor

Annoying!

Bought it thinking I could use it in her bassinet but there’s nowhere to put it. Must only be attached to a cot - super annoying!
Haven’t used it since I’ve bought it.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jordan, the product can be used on a bassinet. Please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

sunlovers

sunloversGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Best baby purchase ever!

By far the best baby product we have brought
Gives us piece of mind and I wouldn’t sleep without it.
Ended up buying a second one for my parents house.
No cords which is great, my one has had super long battery life but the one at my parents not as much.
Only downsides are we Purchased as a set with the starry nights camera which we didn’t like, doesn’t work well in summer with a fan on as the monitor picks up on the movement of the fan, the light flashes quite bright and would love if it connected through the camera unit so we could see that it’s working/on
Other than that highly recommend

Purchased in August 2019.

Good usability

Purchased in November 2019.

Tech SupportOricom

Frequently Asked Questions about Oricom BabySense7 Breathing Movement Monitor

Is it a medical device?

Babysense7 is included as a medical device on the Australian Register of Therapeutic goods (ARTG No. 97479).

Is it simple to set up and easy to use?

Yes, extremely simple to set up and operate, however we strongly recommend the user guide instructions be followed and functionality regularly tested.

Is it portable?

Yes, it uses 4 x AA Alkaline batteries (not supplied) so you can move it easily.

I’ve read that the Babysense7 monitor runs on batteries. How long (on average) will the batteries normally last before needing to change them?

The babysense7 is Powered by 4 x AA, 1.5-volt Alkaline batteries (not supplied). Power consumption is approximately 1mA. Battery life is approximately 6 months using high quality alkaline batteries.

Can it be used in cribs, bassinets, travel cot?

Yes, as long as the base is rigid and a suitable mattress is used and you must ensure that excess cords are secured under the mattress out of reach of baby or other infants. Modifications may be required to the bassinet for sensor pad wiring access and controller unit placement. For further advice please consult an Oricom Representative.

How many sensor pads does it have?

It comes with two highly sensitive sensor pads that cover the area of a standard sized crib or cot.

What age groups is it suitable for?

It is suitable for healthy infants up to one year (12months) of age (it cannot be used for children or adults).

If I have twins, can I use with both babies in one cot?

No you will need to have babies in separate cots, each with its own Babysense7 monitor.

Why is it that lights on Control Unit do not illuminate when turned ON?

Batteries are not inserted incorrectly or may be flat. Check batteries are inserted in the Control unit observing the correct polarity. Control unit requires 4 x AA 1.5V Alkaline batteries (not supplied).

What is low battery voltage warning (red light) on the Control Unit is flashing?

Batteries are low, replace all 4 batteries.

Why does alarm goes off after a few hours?

This could be due to the following:

The mattress is not touching the sensor pads.

The mattress is raised (there is an object near the sensor pads).

Two sensor pads are connected but the baby is not yet crawling.

Only one sensor pad is connected and the baby has crawled off the sensor pad.

The mattress does not enable adequate transfer of baby movement The compositions of some cot mattresses may not conduct vibrations associated with babies breathing movement and may not be suitable with Babaysense7.

Do not use Babysense7 with a memory foam mattress.

Make sure that the mattress and sensor pads are touching. Make sure that there are no objects next to the sensor pads. Connect sensor pads as per the user manual. If baby is not yet able to crawl, use only one sensor pad and make sure sensor is placed underneath baby’s location in bed to ensure greater relative sensitivity. Place a sheet of plywood (not supplied) under the sensor pad so that the sensor pad and the mattress will be tightly pressed together.

Why do I get delayed alarms while taking the baby out of the bed?

Performance test is not correct. Do not conduct performance test by taking the baby out of bed and waiting for the alarm to go off. Kindly conduct performance test according to the performance test instruction in user guide. The alarm does not go off within 20 seconds when performing the correct performance test Environmental Influences detected by the sensor pads, such as wind, fan, air-conditioner, toy mobile vibrations. Perform a test which will detect the source of the movement that the device detects, eg; sources of wind such as air conditioner, an open window or a fan, movements of baby mobile (which can vibrate even if it’s not turned on) walking around the bed area or an intercom placed near the bed with intense transmission levels. Eliminate sources of wind, remove the mobile etc. After neutralising all environmental interruptions, perform the test again.

Can I use the Babysense7 on my 13-month-old infant?

Babysense7 is intended for healthy newborn infants from birth and up to 1 year of age. Babysense7 is set to recognise a defined breathing movement rate of infants within this age group (the alarm sounds if breathing stops for 20 seconds or if the breathing rate slows to below 10 breaths per minute).

Can I use Babysense7 if my infant needs constant medical supervision?

No. You should contact your GP or medical specialist and seek their advice on what alternative suitable methods of monitoring your infant are available.

The Babysense7 detects the movement produced by a baby’s breathing. A newborn, being smaller, may not have as much movement than a 3 or 4-month-old baby, and when two sensor pads are connected it does reduce the sensitivity of the pads, a little, no problem for an older baby but maybe a little more difficult to detect the movement for a new born baby. This is why it is always best to follow the instructions in the user guide including performing a regular (daily) test of the monitor. Babysense7 is intended for use as an Infant Apnoea Alarm. ALWAYS READ THE LABEL AND USER GUIDE, USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.

Latest Consumer Questions

Virginia laurenzi

Virginia laurenziasked

What mattress can I use with baby sense movement calarm

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, we recommend that you Do Not use Babysense7 with a memory foam mattress. The compositions of some mattresses may not conduct vibrations associated with babies breathing movement and may not be suitable with Babysense7. If you have something specific, and would like to check, please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEDT, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

PAK

PAKasked

Hi, I purchased this monitor back in June on afterpay. My son is now 10 weeks old and I’ve just started using the monitor as he is now in his cot. I find the picture quality on the screen very blurry, I can’t even make out my sons face. Is this normal? Is there something wrong with it, I’ve checked the manual and reset it and yet it’s still very blurry. I’m wondering if I can return it and try another one incase this one is faulty??

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. Sorry to hear of your experience. We would recommend contacting our locally based Support team 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Meliaasked

Hello, I have the baby sense 7.
My Bub is 4 1/2 months.
I set it up and tested it, no alarms went off, so I done the different tests to see what was making it not go off and turns out it is the fan on the roof.
My Bub likes to sleep with the fan on as I think she likes the noise.
How can I use the monitor and have the fan on as well?

Judy O.

This is the same minor issue for us, so we only set the fan on low setting. Another thing you can do is to just have the wind from the fan bounce to the wall or ceiling.

Melia

It is a ceiling fan, so can’t redirect where the wind goes.
Also I’ve tried it on low but Bub likes it on high

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEDT, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

See all Oricom BabySense7 Breathing Movement Monitor questions

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryBaby Monitors