Oricom UHF030

Oricom UHF030

Betathan Akikupthabum

Betathan AkikupthabumGoldfields, WA

Bought 2. Price very good, on sale $99 each. Can't fault that ! :)

Nice little unit. Easy to operate and read. Some of us have dicky shoulders and need reading glasses so it is fine. Rotary controls always preferable compared to touch buttons or screens. Not used much. Got them in case 2 cars travel together. Love the customer service and the 5 year warranty. Awsome :)

Purchased in August 2017 at Supercheap Auto Online Store for $99.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the unit. All the best, Oricom.

Jess

JessNortheast, VIC

Customer help is fantastic.

Was given an Oricom UHF030 as a birthday present at the end of 2019. Installed into my car and the screen was just displaying gibberish. Called Oricom support and was able to return the product without a receipt. Was about to send off the UHF but thought I would have another play with it and it worked fine. Next day turned it on again and back to gibberish on the display. So took video of what the display was doing, called Oricom again and Matt the rep that helped me got me to send him the video and sent me out another UHF there and then as he new he would not be able to fix the one I had. Thank you Matt. Awesome customer service.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jess, thanks for the review and feedback. We appreciate the time taken to let others know of our wonderful Support team, and we back our UHF Fixed Mount radio products with a 5 year warranty! Oricom.

After Sales Service excellent

Oricom went to great lengths to fix my problem in a short length of time when we were on the road. The UHF030 works well, with a good signal range. Thanks Oricom.

Purchased at Jaycar Electronics.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Eddie, thanks for the review and feedback. All the best, Oricom.

UHF & VHF Radios

Find out how Oricom UHF030 compares to other UHF & VHF Radios

Zac Burgess

Zac BurgessHobart

Affordable UHF works great.

Installed in my Dmax along with an oricom antenna. Works great in all the places I travel. Would definitely recommend. Easy to install requiring just 12v from any source you choose.

Purchased in November 2018 at Supercheap Auto.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Zac, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Man Of Smoke

Man Of SmokeBrisbane

So Far, So Good.

As good a budget 5W in-vehicle UHF radio as I believe you can get, even when mounting space is not limited. Wait until it's on sale at a retail seller before you buy though, as the unit's RRP is a bit steep. The rotary squelch is very welcome (as opposed to the limited number of fixed squelch levels that are usually found in smaller UHF radios), as is a 'proper' mic cord attaching plug & socket. The mic cord is also as a mic cord should be (much better than the one on my old UHF300). On-air performance is good. I'd recommend adding a small horn speaker to your setup if, like me, you like driving with your side window open, as the RX audio is only just adequate in that situation. Well done Oricom, so far. (Y)

Tech SupportOricom

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom.

Brian D.

Brian D.asked

Hey I am on my road trip. My uhf030 is silent no incoming and others can receive my ppt msgs
I have tried factory reset nothing has changed. I have called both the help numbers. I have emailed Oricom help. I need this fixed as I will not have reception soon
Thanks Brian

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. For this one, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEDT, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

Sharon J.

Sharon J.asked

Our UHF030 on channel 40 we don't seen to be able to hear incoming talk, we have reset to default settings, what else could be wrong with no change? Sharon

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom

drestall05

drestall05asked

I was reading the manual and found out that you are alerted to avoid mounting the UHF030 near heaters or air conditioners. My problem here is that where I want to mount it there is an air duct directly below it which has heating and ac run through it, will this cause problems with the electronics or simply affect the audio quality from the speaker.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support team a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, and discuss the mounting options with the team. All the best, Oricom.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives