Oricom UHF030

Oricom UHF030

Jess

JessNortheast, VIC

Customer help is fantastic.

Was given an Oricom UHF030 as a birthday present at the end of 2019. Installed into my car and the screen was just displaying gibberish. Called Oricom support and was able to return the product without a receipt. Was about to send off the UHF but thought I would have another play with it and it worked fine. Next day turned it on again and back to gibberish on the display. So took video of what the display was doing, called Oricom again and Matt the rep that helped me got me to send him the video and sent me out another UHF there and then as he new he would not be able to fix the one I had. Thank you Matt. Awesome customer service.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jess, thanks for the review and feedback. We appreciate the time taken to let others know of our wonderful Support team, and we back our UHF Fixed Mount radio products with a 5 year warranty! Oricom.

After Sales Service excellent

Oricom went to great lengths to fix my problem in a short length of time when we were on the road. The UHF030 works well, with a good signal range. Thanks Oricom.

Purchased at Jaycar Electronics.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Eddie, thanks for the review and feedback. All the best, Oricom.

Zac Burgess

Zac BurgessHobart

Affordable UHF works great.

Installed in my Dmax along with an oricom antenna. Works great in all the places I travel. Would definitely recommend. Easy to install requiring just 12v from any source you choose.

Purchased in November 2018 at Supercheap Auto.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Zac, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

UHF & VHF Radios

Find out how Oricom UHF030 compares to other UHF & VHF Radios

Man Of Smoke

Man Of SmokeSouth East Queensland, QLD

So Far, So Good.

As good a budget 5W in-vehicle UHF radio as I believe you can get, even when mounting space is not limited. Wait until it's on sale at a retail seller before you buy though, as the unit's RRP is a bit steep. The rotary squelch is very welcome (as opposed to the limited number of fixed squelch levels that are usually found in smaller UHF radios), as is a 'proper' mic cord attaching plug & socket. The mic cord is also as a mic cord should be (much better than the one on my old UHF300). On-air performance is good. I'd recommend adding a small horn speaker to your setup if, like me, you like driving with your side window open, as the RX audio is only just adequate in that situation. Well done Oricom, so far. (Y)

Tech SupportOricom

Thanks for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom.

Andy.masked

Hi. I have just installed the 030 and when I press the talk button it goes straight to channel 80 for 40?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Andy, please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

Rob T
Rob T

Andy.m, mine is doing same. Did you get a reply and a fix? Cheers, Rob T

Andy.m

I called them and got a replacement. But the replacement is doing the same thing. I think I’m going to get a refund and buy another brand. I even tried a old uhf I have in the shed and it works fine so it’s not the wiring.

Des

Desasked

1. I can receive from vehicles up to 5k away but they cannot hear me. At 10 metres they can here a click when I press PTT but no voice
2. What does P1, P2 and P3 stand for.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. With regard to the button markings, as per the User Guide, the buttons are referencing as below:

Recall/Memory of Instant channel (P1)
Recall/Memory of Instant channel (P2)
Recall/Memory of Instant channel (P3)

All the best, Oricom.

Rob Aspinall

Rob Aspinallasked

Can you put the police channels in this radio oricom 030

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Rob, this product is not designed for the purpose you have suggested, rather to use the UHF frequency and 80 channels to communicate with other drivers/users on the road or off road. All the best, Oricom.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives