Oricom UHF2190

Oricom UHF2190

KMT

KMTGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Better than the units we had

Purchased fro 4wd Supacentre in April 2018. Used on Aussie wide road trips and always worked with no problem understanding incoming messages. Just prior to next road trip in three weeks noticed batteries were not working, radios were quite ok. Went straight to Oricom and found great customer service with replacements shipped same day.

Purchased in April 2018 for $79.00.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Don’t work, unclear

Poor audio quality every time (sending & receiving). Very unclear when receiving, and whilst sending others also can’t make out what is said. I always need to borrow someone else’s spare UHF instead of using my own!. These are useless, do not buy.

Purchased in October 2018 at 4WD Supacentre for $99.99.

Ezio

EzioSouthwest, VIC

Oricom 2190 handheld CB

Bought these 6 months ago, worked fine till batteries ran out and tried to charge; placed units in cradle as per instructions ,but they wouldnt take any charge; completely dead.
contacted Mathew at Oricom (very understanding) had a complete new set shipped to me in 3 days.
excellent after sales service. Thanks Oricom

Purchased in December 2018 at 4WD Supacentre Online store for $90.00.

Are these the same as the 2195

Are the 2190 the same as the 2195 ones as I would like to know please just to make sure I get the right ones thanks oricom as I would like to see what the differences is and what comes with both packs

Purchased in March 2019 at Supercheap Auto.

Great value units.

While gold detecting in the outback bush my wife & I like to keep in contact with each other so we bought the OricomUHF2190s.
After the first use there was a problem with the batteries in one unit. Unfortunately at the end of the trip I packed our gear up & forgot all about it until our next trip 12 months later. I rang Oricom & despite being out of warrantee & not being able to find the receipt Matt offered to replace the faulty unit free of charge.
Excellent back up service. The units themselves are brilliant & with added features like the built in LED torch are great value for money.

Purchased in November 2017 for $100.00.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Rob, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future product use. Oricom

jordan c

jordan cGreat Southern, WA

amazing

these 2 handhelds are awesome for spotting and are a perfect size to carry around. They have great range for spotting from tops of hills or even over hills and i wouldnt use anything else but these

Purchased in February 2019 for $150.00.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Jordan, thanks for the message. We appreciate the review and you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom.

Chocy

ChocyVictoria

Perfect for us. A young family travelling.

We use for when reversing the caravan. Kids run around the caravan park with them or leave one with us. Torch comes in handy for nightly walks to the loos

Purchased in January 2019.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate you taking the time to review the UHF2190 and appreciate the feedback. All the best, Oricom.

JamesR

JamesRAlstonville

A compact user friendly UHF

The Oricom UHF2190 is well priced and efficient for those who want a 2-way product when camping, fishing and walking. Producing a 2 watt signal strength it has a reasonable range when compared to more expensive examples. The unit sits in a recharging cradle when not in use so it's always ready to go. I have found it very useful living up to it's Oricom product reviews. Recommended.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Oricom I.Oricom

Hi James, thanks for the review. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the UHF2190 and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Jools

JoolscAIRNS

Great after sales Service

I ordered these radios (2 in a pack) and we had a problem in that we couldn't charge them up once the batteries ran out of life. We were away travelling for a few month at the time so were unable to do anything about it at the time. On my return I contacted the service team and they were extremely helpful and by sending me brand new recharge batteries (with no questions asked) the radios are now up and running again. = Fantastic service.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are glad to hear of your experience with Oricom Support and appreciate you taking the time to let others know. We wish you all the best with your future radio use. Oricom

Good unit, but faulty batteries!

Purchased these online to use on holiday later this week. The units are perfect for our purpose, and worked great straight out of the box. Unfortunately the rechargeable batteries appear to be faulty in one of the units and once drained, would not recharge again... Given the other reviews echoing the same issue, it appears there is a quality control issue with these units. Very disappointed as I thought I'd take a chance on these units that are slightly cheaper than other brands that are more well known to me - will sort out a refund after I'm back from holidays...

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Oricom I.Oricom

Same problem as first review.

Purchased a pair of these on special from Repco last Friday. Out of the box one would not charge batteries. The other one worked until the batteries went flat and now is the same. Looks like a dud model or batch. Will be taking them back tomorrow and asking for a refund.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Andy, sorry to hear that there is a problem with your UHF2190. Please give our Customer Support a call at your earliest convenience, on 1300 889 785, and we will troubleshoot the problem with you over the phone. All the best, Oricom

Andy
Andy

Took them back to Repco who were good and gave me a refund.

Stopped working after a few uses

Purchased for work one unit stopped working could not switch on had to remove and reinsert batteries to get it to work. Showing fully charged on unit when reinsert batteries but in a few seconds shows as no charge. Second unit followed soon after with same problem. Now unable to use them at all.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Nathan

NathanSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great handhelds

Bought a pair of these on sale at supercheap ($99 for the pair) and absolutely love them. After owning a pair of GME 2w handhelds (that cost double!!) I can honestly say these cheaper ones are better. Battery life is heaps better, feels more comfortable to use, range is about the same, and the extras like a torch and fm radio are rather handy. Had them for about 6months now and no faults.

TaraS

TaraSasked

Hi I have the uhf2190 and I was wanting to know if the uhf speaker microphone 5500 will work, if not where can I get one that will.
Cheers

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Tara, thanks for the message. The SPKMIC5000 has been designed for the UHF5500 and ULTRA550, so we would recommend that you have a look at the below pack on our website, the SM5100:

All the best, Oricom.

Colin W.

Colin W.asked

I have one of these unit it’s only about 3 months old used only twice, while we are driving it doesn’t pick up the car In front of my who is about 20 meters ahead, we have tried many Channels but nothing, what do I do? The unit will only work sometimes when we are sitting still

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Colin, thanks for the message. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, and the team will be able to assist you in troubleshooting the issue and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Geoff W.

Geoff W.asked

We brought this unit uhf 2190 last year on our travels, hit the road again and the hand sets are not charging, both hand sets in cradle and lights won’t come on. Please assist?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Geoff, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of what you are experiencing and would love to assist you in this. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryUHF Radios