Osmocote Premium Plus

Osmocote Premium Plus

See the Best Garden Maintenance Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Osmocote Premium Plus? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.2

Disappointed
DisappointedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bad product

Bought 50 L Osmocote premium potting mix. But very disappointed! It’s rubbish! I wish I saw this review before I bought it. The said top quality contains mostly bark and no soil. There were flying insects coming out of the bag! My plants did not grow and rot. Had to repot using the cheapest bag of potting mix and it worked better! Very disappointed!

Purchased in July 2021.

John
John

Garbage mix!

I can’t believe they can sell this stuff at all, let alone as a ‘premium’ potting mix. Like others have said, there’s virtually no soil in it and it’s mostly burnt wood chips. Every 2 or 3 days we have to spray the hundreds of bugs that come out of the mix and attack our vegie plants. The three remaining bags are going back to Bunnings, and we will not be buying osmocote products again.

Purchased in April 2021.

Irene
Irene Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worth researching before purchasing potting soil

Purchased osmocote premium plus 50 litre as purchased smaller 25 litre and it appeared to be good quality The larger bags were like a rough mulch, no soil and full of thick wood, rocks and paper Certainly disappointing wasted time, money and energy as couldn’t transplant plant into pot Very poor content, weight appeared to be how wet the mixture was Personally feel one star is generous

Purchased in March 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse for $19.00.

Furious

In December I bought 4 x50 litre bags of Scott's Osmocote Premium potting mix at $17 a bag and 12 potted perennials (costing over $200) from Bunnings. I thought I was buying a top quality potting mix. The young plants fared poorly with most dying. I tipped out the soil and it was infested with hundreds of grubs. The answer was there before my eyes. The willywag tails and mudlarks loved the grubs.

Purchased in December 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $17.00.

Garden Maintenance Products

Find out how Osmocote Premium Plus compares to other Garden Maintenance Products

Terrible - covered my plants in mould

Within a week thick mould on plants & potting mix, and slime covered plant roots. Had to plants turn rotten months ago but hadn’t realised the potting mix was the cause.

Purchased in February 2021 for $9.00.

DualCitizen
DualCitizenSydney, NSW

Do NOT purchase this potting mix

3 bags bought at BUNNINGS, NSW. Full of gnats and fungus. I lost 4 plants because of this fungus infested stuff. I have one bag remaining, which I shall return. Here is a good reason to buy potting mix from reputable plant retailers like Flower Power.

Purchased in November 2020.

Meg
MegGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Gnat infestation

Bought the blue Premium Plus ‘superior’ potting mix from Bunnings. What a joke. It is infested with gnats that I now realize are fungus gnats. Some Googling found similar reports in the US with Miracle Gro potting soil, by you guessed it - Scott’s!
I will never buy another of their products. It seems they are aware of this issue and just don’t care, so I’ll vote with my wallet. (And on a side note, my googling also discovered that they are owned by Monsanto-another reason to avoid them in future!)

Purchased in January 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $5.28.

Scots premium osmocote

Pretty much uncomposted Wood chip with hardly any osmocote. Poorest quality I have found with this product, who is in charge of the wind rows and QA? Not happy jan

Ado R.
Ado R.Mid North Coast, NSW

Not what it used to be !!

Very disappointed as a seasoned horticulturist. I recently bought a bag of premium and cacti and succulent mix. Virtually just composted wood chip and sawdust. No body what so ever. Lift your game if your going to charge top dollar for a so called “premium product” which is dearer than most competitors. Last few bags of Searle’s were much much better and left it for dead. I know where I’m spending my money next.

Lindy
LindySydney, NSW

Rubbish

Newest bags of this are more like poor quality mulching compost. Definitely not a good potting mix. It has no substance and will compact and dry out quickly.
I don't know how it qualifies having red ticks.
More than five years ago it was an excellent product.
Lift your game please Osmocote or we will doubt all your products.

Purchased in December 2020.

I wish I'd read the reviews first

I purchased this from Bunnings and since I am not a green thumb I thought I would try and get the best quality I could. I wouldn't know quality from not but I can say the pot plant has now grown some interesting types of weeds that werent there before, and when I used it again this morning on some cuttings it was mouldy and full of bugs. Yuck!

DiannC
DiannCSydney, NSW

Very disappointing

I have used this product (Osmocote all purpose potting mixture) previously with no problems but my latest purchase is truly deficient. Dry, full of twigs and no moisture at all. It actually looks like some form of mulch. I definitely won’t be buying this again.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Disappointed

I have used osmocote for many years with good results but lately poor results planted various vegetables and flowers only to watch them wither not flourish very disappointed what has gone wrong hope it can be fixed

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $15.00.

jbr
jbr

Infestation from Osmocote Premium Plus

Repoted 3 indoor plants with Osmocote Premium Plus potting mix that I purchased from Bunnings.
Happy to spend the bit extra on a supposedly premium product; wish I had seen these reviews beforehand.

Within a week the plants were infested not only with gnats but also with larvae of some description.
Judging by previous reviews it appears that this is a know and ongoing problem that has not been appropriately addressed.
I no longer have faith in Scotts products and will not be purchasing again.

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores.

Second rate

Bought this product from Bunnings. Full of bark and twigs. This is not a premium product. Will not be buying any Scotts products in the future. Probably just dig into the garden somewhere.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $8.29.