Ozito DP-350

Ozito DP-350

2.5

Jacques Bingard

Jacques BingardPerth, WA

Too wobbly for my liking.

Bought at Bunnings on a Monday, got to try it on Friday and returned it on the same day. It is very hard to get precise drilling, it wobbles a bit too much

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$115.00.

OzTurtle

OzTurtleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worse than I ever imagined.

Purchased in July 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$115.00.

BerniePerth, WA

Better than I hoped, but for light use only

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$115.00.

Drills

Find out how Ozito DP-350 compares to other Drills

Lambert. MecSouth East Queensland, QLD

Decent for the price

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$115.00.

Ozito 350W drill press

Bought this drill press a while ago and only unboxed and assembled it last week to use for a small job. The spindle wobbles excessively and drilling is highly inaccurate. Had to finish the job with an electric hand drill. Put the inaccuracy down to exceptionally poor quality machined gearing. Highly disappointed and a total waste of my pensioner income

Purchased in June 2019 at Bunnings Te Rapa Hamilton for A$129.00.

Absolute garbage

1. The belt being used isn't even decent quality, looks like a 5 year old made it.

2. The work platform is flimsy and not flush.

3. It does not drill straight and wobbles excessively.

4. The whole build quality is poor and it can become a real WHS issue.

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Joe Blow

Joe BlowGippsland, VIC

Ozito 500W 16mm Drill Press avoid at all cost

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Eduardo

EduardoNorthern Region, NSW

Crap - broken shaft on first use

The first project I was using this for (building a stand for it to sit on!), and the shaft has sheared right off.
I was drilling through soft pine (19 mm), with a nearly new drill bit - so it wasn't exactly being pushed to it's limits. After about 5 or 6 holes, the shaft fell right out, and upon looking it appears to be sheared, so it can't be reattached.

I didn't think much could go wrong with a drill press - they're relatively simple tools. Unfortunately I was wrong! It's going straight back to Bunnings when they re-open tomorrow.

Purchased in March 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$99.00.

Stevo in Perth

Stevo in Perth

Very cheap in comparison with competitors but lacking precision

Drills

Find out how Ozito DP-350 compares to other Drills

account_terminated_404

account_terminated_404South West, WA

Great value for money

I am genuinely amazed that you can buy this drill press cheaper than a hand drill! Picked mine up for $100aud from Bunnings, it's not too heavy and is well balanced, set it up on the bench in my garage without fear of it falling. The spring loaded turnstyle pushes the drill bit down smoothly and accurately. I would recommend buying a small vice to secure whatever you're drilling - It bolts directly onto the platform.

adfdsaf

adfdsaf

Great so far

49topazasked

how much is it

Lambert. Mec

Sorry mate they no longer make these ones.. the one I have now is $119 and has 9 speed gear system.

Its a very basic drill press and its has alot of play in its quil. what I did to fix this so there no speed wobble in both the quil and spindle is to drill two holes on the side of the sleeve of the quill. tap the holes I suggest 6 to 8 mm threads use a nut as the tighten the bolt in places and you're good as gold.

Just dont be fooled from the box the machine is a piece of junk but onces you do minor mods it handles very well. I have been using it to drill through stainless steel T bolts and rods.

Bernie

Bunnings are selling them for $115 and still advertising them, I saw several of their stores still had stock as of 2 days ago. You get what you pay for, for such a cheap machine it does OK but if you want commercial grade you'll need spend several times more. The table, base and everything else is pressed steel where most have castings.

49topaz

Thanks guys, I think I’ll go for a Ryobi, what do you think??

S Hines

S Hinesasked

where to buy a "Housing Cap" for return spring . I have brought a new spring but i Can't find the housing cap i took off . I think i threw it away with the broken spring.
My machine is DP350 10" drill press.
My name is Sep Hines and i live at Narangba Brisbane qld Australia Phone 0417631330