Ozito PTL-4300

1.7

Why?

Why?Sydney, NSW

Disappointing

Even when assembling the thing, it was clear that something was wrong. the handles were way too high for sensible control. However, I fixed that, and eventually got it to start. It worked fairly well over a small area, and I put it away. Next time it just wouldn't start, and needed a new spark plug. Now the tiller would not rotate, and the mechanic just told me that it wasn't worth the cost of repair. This morning, it went into the scrap metal bin.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$180.00.

PaulGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointed. Clutch failed. No spares available!!

I used this machine only a few times before the clutch mechanism failed. All it needed was a new clutch drum and a couple of bearings - needle roller - one completely disintegrated. All easily repairable except that Ozito do not carry spare mechanical parts. So if it breaks down and is out of warranty, on the rubbish heap it goes. Disgusting!! Steer well away!!! Mine is just out of warranty.

Purchased in December 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Finster

FinsterLaunceston

What have i brought

Absolute rubbish, second time used and the motor still goes but no drive.
I wished I listened.
Using it on soft dirt and it just stopped working.
When it did work it was OK.
It came from bunnings and now it's going back.
Hope everyone else checks the reviews before buying this piece of junk.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Garden Tools

Find out how Ozito PTL-4300 compares to other Garden Tools

VFR BoyMelbourne

Centrifugal clutch broke after using it 6 times

Date PurchasedAug 2016

KasCentral Queensland, QLD

Luckier than some, got to use it twice

Complete waste of money, surprised Bunnings keeps selling these poorly made machines with parts that don't even fit together properly..Mine did last a few months because I did not use it for the first four months..I also found I had to did the soil by hand before using it, not even a nice garden ornament.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Waste of money, going to the dump!

Engine stalls and only starts after cooled down for a hour. Flimsy construction, throttle gets jammed. Handles are wobbly making it hard to steer. The starter pull cord cuts into the plastic covering after just one start. Above all it only scratches the surface of the soil and barely digs more than ten centimetres deep.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Excellent for light work

I have used the tiller in a few gardens now and find it does a fantastic job. It is what it is, a cheap small tiller. It handles the work well, and as long as you don't abuse it, it should last a few seasons. It saves slogging away with the fork. The only issue I have is the blades gets clogged with rubbish. But that's my own fault of trying to dig in bird of paradise prongs.

Terrible

Engine broke down the second time I used it. The throttle cable kept coming off before that. The wheels are flimsy. The worst piece of machinery ever. Do not waste your money on this machine you will regret buying it when you are on the way to the dump to add to the land fill.

Michael Mandica

Michael Mandica

Powerfull Engine - Poor Quality Parts

Not Worth Getting , The pull cord breaks in half and dislodges, uses too much petrol , Quite heavy,
and if you're not careful the locking key comes off and the blades go flying. Very dangerous.
Better off spending the $799 and getting the Honda FG110 - Way superior product.

Garden Tools

Find out how Ozito PTL-4300 compares to other Garden Tools

JIMBOB

JIMBOBSouthwest, VIC

Cheaper than the rest but just as good.

At almost half the price of the equivalent item from Honda this little tiller represented great value. Purchased from Bunnings for under $300 it comes with a 2 year replacement warrantee from Ozito. I assembled it and it started first time with 1 pull. I have used it to turn over about 30square meters of vegetable garden and it worked great. The engine never struggled and I was impressed at how easily it started. The soil is now light and fluffy and easy to work with. The tiller chewed through the weeds no problem. I am very happy with my purchase and look forward to not having to manually dig over the garden beds each season. A great investment in my back!