Ozito PXCLTK-218

Ozito PXCLTK-218

MPN: PXCLTK-218

See the Best Battery Whipper Snippers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Grass Type
    • Thick, heavy grass or weeds (4)
    • Short grass (3)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)
  • Product is used:
    • Occasionally (3)
    • Weekly (3)
  • Safety

Rob

RobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Replacement blades are crapp

Ive had this for 2 years but some idiot has changed the plastic used in the replacement blades. The old blades were great and just wore down to nothing and could be changed over. I would use 1 blade for 2 lawns. I recently bought new blades and they are brittle plastic and just snap off or shatter which is dangerous. It took 12 blades to do 1 lawn and took hours including changing blades every few minutes. I asked for the Ozito rep. to contact me but nothing after 1 month. I will return this to Bunnings for a refund as it does not do what it is advertised to do. It would be good if someone could contact me ???

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Jan

JanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Blades break constantly

Have Ozito battery blower - great, lightweight product. Whipper snipper is a nightmare, blades break off at the slightest bit of thick vegetation .... just finished mowing my small orchard and used whipper snipper for parts mower couldn't reach ... changed 8 blades on whipper snipper to get the job done Aaagh!!!

Purchased in August 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $125.00.

Speleo

SpeleoNgunnawal 2913, ACT

Works well with the same batteries for the drill and blower and pole pruner!

Does a great job with weeds along the edge of rocks and logs border with plenty of time, could then use battery in the blower..

A packet of plastic blades are cheap and one blade last many days work..

Purchased in June 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $90.00.

OldTech

OldTechSydney, NSW

Not fit for purpose

I bought this trimmer about three months after having great experiences with other Oxito tools. My advice for this particular tool is don’t go anywhere near it. It chews out the plastic blades every two minutes and does not cut evenly so even after trying my best the edges look undone. worst design ever.

Purchased in December 2018.

kimbo

kimboAU

Dissapointed

Ive bought a number of Ozito products and have been impressed with how good they are for the price but not this one. The line trimmer hasn't enought power so is only good for light grass. The weight is too far forward so is unbalanced and hard on the back. The revs trigger can't be made to stay on and is too hard to hold on for any length of time. I used tape to hold it on but the line feed did not work so had to stop and manually feed some more line out.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $229.00.

MhoAU

Plastic blades useless

As others have found for some reason when I first bought it it worked well. Blades supplied? but after they wore out the pack of 20 did very little cutting some even broke on first start without even touching the grass. I was also disappointed that the battery is a different fitting than my other Ozito tools which I'm very happy with. The charger is cheap and takes forever to charge the battery.

Purchased in November 2018.

Janicehelen

JanicehelenSouth West, WA

GREAT GRASS TRIMMER

I purchased this Grass Trimmer to replace my old one, as the battery died and a replacement battery was not available. This trimmer is pretty lightweight and easy for me to use. It has a telescopic shaft and adjustable handle, so I can adjust it to trim comfortably. I use it to trim around 25 trees on the rear of my 1/2 acre block. I also trim along the fenceline at the rear and halfway down two side fences. It has enough charge to get the job done in one go. So easy to change the cutting blade, as they just push on. It's also easy to clean after trimming. So far I am very happy with this trimmer.

Purchased in August 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $125.00.

T H

T HPerth, WA

Very bad blade setup

- Blade come out quite often and broken quite often
- So I have to buy the extra blade quite often
- It can only use for couch lawn, with buffalo lawn it cannot trim properly, need to be patiently wait to properly cut it out.
- I hope, I can return it and get refund from it.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Rich H

Rich HHunter Region, NSW

Bunnings should be embarrassed to sell this product

Extremely dissatisfied.

I honestly don't know why I keep putting myself through this. Once again just finished trimming my (very average sized) yard, the blades came off 37 (yes thirty seven I counted) times during about 60 minutes of trimming (half of which was just reattaching blades). Found and reattached most of them but 9 were broken at the attachment point.

Also have two cuts (minor scrapes) from the blades breaking and rebounding off walls into me.

Given it costs about $10 in blades for each use and is such an exercise in frustration I would strongly recommend purchasing a different product.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Jen

JenGolden square

New blades are hopeless

When I bought my first trimmer the blades that came with it and those I was able to purchase at the time were brilliant. I could do the whole yard with one set of blades - sometimes twice. Now I'm lucky to do 5 minutes (just did that - was probably not even 5 minutes) plus they used to be easy to put on. I am female, not exactly weak though do have some physical limitations, however I asked a male friend to put them on and he couldn't. I have figured out a way with a pair of pliers and hurting myself at the same time but at least can actually get them on. And then they last 5 minutes. Not happy with these at all. Very disappointing considering how great the Ozito products are in general.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

jumbeen

jumbeenCentral, SA

Blades are useless but there is an alternative

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Jimbo

JimboAU

Piece of junk.

Bought this together with the Ozito mower and blower and sad to say this trimmer is just rubbish. As others have said the blades keep flying off if they don't break when you hit the ground/concrete first. I've used up 10 blades in 3 rounds of line trimming. What a waste of money and I wish I could return it. I'll never buy another Ozito product ever again.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

terri777

terri777WA, 6112

Rubbish

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Poco

PocoBrisbane

Easy to use

I bought this for myself as my husband works away and couldn’t wait for him to do the yard work. It’s very easy to use for women but blades keep flying away when you don’t get right angle and hit concrete or ground. I still like it as it’s easy to handle for quick job.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Sean

SeanPerth

Struggles in the grass more than the poms in a test match

Vitty

VittyPerth

Blades keep flying Away

Bought this as a combo deal from Bunnings. Trimmer and Blower.
These are perfect for small gardens .Both of them are lightweight and easy to move around. Blower is an absolute winner hands down but trimmer am struggling. The blade keeps flying off every 30-40 seconds and makes it close to impossible to work. They weren't working at the best on tough grass too that i ended up picking my old school line trimmer and getting the job done.
Secondly the bottom bit of the line trimmer is already broken so not sure whats happening. planning to get this exchanged , may be it could be that i just got the bad bunch.

BrettH.

BrettH.South East Queensland, QLD

Cheap, light, easy to keep working

Date PurchasedJan 2018

emdeme

emdemeNewcastle

Very Impressed

Alex

AlexBrisbane

Really impressed with this light and easy too use device

This small unit is amazing, pwerful, light, easy to use, economical. I know ozito is not the best quality product maker but they do good products from time to time, i believe this is one of them. 5 years replacement guarantee.

I have used this only twice, the battery lasted easy for over an hour .
If you have a small area to trim and you keep your grass tidy up, give this a go, you might be surprise.

Geoff

Geoffasked

Can the cutter head be changed from the useless plastic blades to nylon string. Should not be too much trouble.

Rob

Robasked

When will you change the crapp blades back to the original less brittle blade ?? Haven't read the reviews.
Next week if no satisfactory answer I will return grass trimmer for a full refund. Rob

KayK

KayKasked

Not sure if my question/ complaint was received . This concerned the blades on my PXCLTK-218 grass trimmer not even giving me Approx 2 mins. Cutting time before flying off. The fitting appears to be very loose now, which it wasn’t when purchased mid 1017. I’ve been more than happy with this product until recently, please give me a suggestion to remedy this problem other than returning it for a refund . I would like to support and Australian company and hope I’m not going to have to resort to and imported product. Answer please. Kay lonergan.

Mho

I went back to Bunnings and asked if they had had any complaints about the short life of blades (Some broke off without even cutting any grass) which they claimed they hadn't. They suggested I may have had a bad batch and gave me a free packet. Alas these too perhaps not as bad as the first but soon break. And the flat profile blades tend to grab onto thick grass and dig into the ground which further shortens their life. I'm not happy with this machine the battery is different than my other Ozito tools and the cheap charger takes forever to charge it.

Get an answer from our members and Ozito representatives