2OzTent RV-4

2.7
2.4
4.1
3.4
Brand Manager for OzTent? Claim your listing.

covo
covoMid North Coast, NSW9 posts

Over priced for the quality

Would not buy a Oztent again. We were camping on the weekend. The wind bent the main upright pole. $65 to get a new one to replace as you can’t bend it straight without creating a kink. Something you would expect from a $200 tent not a tent costing over a $1000. Very disappointing given how much this costs. Show details
Brittany P.
Brittany P.

Bronwyn S.
Bronwyn S.2 posts

Structural failure

So disappointed. Purchased after reading great reviews. Admittedly the rain was heavy, but that was why we purchased this tent. We had renailed the tent prior and thought we'd we right. No water inside but both cross beams failed. One above the door snapped in two the one through the middle is now bent. The water pooled above out heads.
Will O.
Will O.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor frame integrity

I have been on two camping trips with the RV4 and it has broken twice. The support beams are made paper thin which cause it to easily bend and snap in winds as light as 15km/h. Got a replacement part for it but, when the part arrived it was already broken in the same place that the last beam broke in. Show details
BrianM
BrianMSouth East Queensland, QLD26 posts
Ethan J.
Ethan J.

Amazing

Amazing tent used a handful of times and love it, so easy and quick to set up and pack away. Very strong and sturdy especially when all guide ropes are down but handles the wind very well Show details
Paul
PaulSUNBURY

Great tent

Love this tent. Been to Cape York for 6 wks, Kimberley's for 8 and a few other 2 wk trips. Easy and quick to put up. We can arrive at a spot, choose the site, have the tent up and pegged down, beds made, kitchen set up, and the water on the boil for coffee within 15 minutes. Had 63 mls of rain in 16 hrs at Coober Pedy, didn't get wet at all.. Ideal when only staying one night. Love it

MDA
MDACanberra2 posts

Good tent. Hopeless after sales service

This is a great tent. For the period it was functional it did everything we wanted it to. Easy to put up and down and sturdy. Love the look of it as well. But BEWARE - if you should snap the frame etc (and this is easier than you think - it’s all aluminum and plastic inside) don’t expect Oztent to come to your aid. They will sell you the parts but they will not fix it outside the warranty period. They say it’s simple - but it’s not. I’ve tried airtasking, canvas repairers - they all shake their head. I now have a $900 white elephant. Oztent don’t really stand beside their product.

Bruce HSydney Surrounds, NSW83 posts

Keithy
KeithyNorth Queensland, QLD59 posts

FayleyWestern Australia34 posts

Allison
AllisonPerth3 posts

Camped for three months in this tent

Excellent quality and quick to set up. It's perfect for long tours and there are no hassles like a rooftop tent or trailer. It can be easily set up by one or two people in just a couple of minutes.

paulpowell3540
paulpowell3540Perth, WA20 posts

Brilliant

I recall camping in my youth with heavy canvas A frame tents with heavy wooden poles......put me off camping for 50 years.

Now 60 plus, I can put this up in a jiffy.....really effortless in comparison. The tent components are top quality as is the canvas....dont buy a " cheapie".....the oztent isnt cheap but you get what you pay for and it will last a lifetime if looked after.

I can also say its 100% waterproof.

Get the deluxe side panels and you have a roomy base thats easyto erect and take down.....will zip onto my caravan or the sun shade on the 4x4.

I am buying the tag along forthe grandies soon......wonderful product

DiT
DiT

Why has rain pooled in the roof of my peaked sides awning? I thought the slope would be enough to run off any downpour.

Bruce H

I have not experienced this; nor have I used the tent in heavy rain. My only thoughts are the canvas is not under sufficient tension. I would ring Oz tent, they are fantastic to deal with;

Fayley

We found that it pooled in heavy rain and we couldn't get enough tension from the guy ropes because the high wind would pull the legs slightly loose. She. We see a storm coming we leg and tie carefully.

CategoryTents
Depth2.4m
Weight22kg
ManualDownload manual

Extra Information

Brand Manager for OzTent? Claim your listing.