P&O Cruises

P&O Cruises

Aurora, Azura, Oceana, Pacific Aria, Pacific Dawn and 6 more
3.1 from 1,303 reviews

Never Again

Our first cruise was with Princess Cruises. This next one was with P&O cruises. Massive differences.
P&O- Horrible food, rubbery eggs, every chicken dish was so tough, I think it was cooked the night before. Half of the activities ran late causing us to miss the next one. Staff member on the Laser Tag (10-2-19) was extremely rude to us. Huge lack of seating. Also, we all (15 of us) dressed up for the Gatsby Night, only to have them play only ONE song from that era. Also, we went to the PG rated comedy night with the kids and had to leave due to the content inappropriate for children.
We asked for a feedback from to make a complaint and was handed a blank piece of paper.
This P&O cruise was rubbish and poor quality. Will go with Princess Cruises next time.

Trip Length4 days
Travelling Party Adults
OK
Terrible

Very sad, they have gone downhill over the years

Suitcase gone missing on departure and charged for photos that we cancelled. Plus they sent us home with someone else's photos.......privacy.......not so much.......Give them a big fat miss, would not recommend they have gone down hill big time. Try to call them and you speak to someone in manilla who will not put you through to someone that knows what they are doing......shocking service and follow up

Travelling Party Adults
OK
Staff
Bad

Still waiting for the credit.

Still waiting for a credit from 26/01/2018 cruise after I was promise I would get it within seven days. Very bad service and I don't think that they do what they promise. I don't recommend P & O for your next cruise.

Trip Length5 days
Travelling Party Seniors
Staff
Bad

Like being in hell

Worst cruise ever. I am eagerly waiting for this god forsaken ship to dock back in Brisbane so I can get off. Where do I start. Total waste of hard earned money and the sad part is don't expect P and O to care because they already got your money and they know that there will be plenty of other idiots like us that will book their hell cruises. Will certainly try to warn other unsuspecting people before they cruise this bad cruise line. Low budget and dodgy. If you want to save your money then use another company. If you chose to ignore my review then don't say you weren't warned.

1. Unfriendly staff. It was very very hard to find many staff who even smiled at you or made you feel welcome on board.

2. Food was served to you like pigs at a trough along with an added garnish of hair and plastic bits. They did not even care about food hygiene or ensure that people sanitised their hands when they walked in. So disgusting and no wonder people end up confined to their cabins with a bout of gastro. This food is definitely not prepared by chefs. I think they must get the cleaners to do it. Chefs would have so much more pride with what they serve.

3. Limited places to eat for free so be expected to pay extra and that is for a disgusting looking hot dog, hamburger or half cooked pizza that made you feel like vomiting after eating it.

4. Don't even think about travelling with kids because they don't even have facilities in your room to heat a babies bottle and wanted to charge us $3 for a cup of milk to put in bottle for baby. Not to mention in the middle of the night when the baby wanted a bottle and we had to stand in bathroom trying to warm it up under the hot tap because nothing was open to even get a cup of hot water as the only accessible automatic coffee machine on the 12th deck was switched off. So here we are trying to settle a crying baby and no access to a cup of hot coffee or tea for ourselves either.

5. Turtle Cover for the 3 year olds that were travelling with us as well was a complete joke. Broken toys and staff who did not interact with the kids to make it fun. Someone else's child was sitting there crying and when we tried to comfort them we were told "its alright we have called their parents'. In the meantime they just left them there crying on their own. We were also told that parents weren't welcome in the room and that was their policy yet we couldn't leave the 1 year old in their on his own. We understand this but when we booked this cruise it was clearly worded that under 2 could not be left there unattended but we were welcome to let them play in their if we were with them. WHAT A JOKE AND A LIE.

6. Room was not made up properly each day. Blanket was just pulled up and when I went to get in again that night the sheet was half off. Exactly as I got out of it that morning. Had a window cabin but the window had paint and rust all over it and you were not able to see clearly out of it.

7. Hallway on level 6 smelled of faeces. Top deck around pool area smelled really bad.

8. Pool. What pool. Was just a small hole in the ground that was closed most of the time. Kids swimming area. A bucket that tipped water out of it and a few sprinklers.

9. Activities. Great if you like a boring person doing trivia questions every day. Did not even sound like they were having fun doing it. The handful of people who were sitting around doing it looked thrilled. NOT. Not much entertainment at all. Was bored silly.

10. Well to sum it up. If you are an alcoholic well then this is the cruise for you. If you are a family looking for a nice relaxing holiday then I suggest you pay a little extra and go Royal Caribbean. They are they only cruise line who we felt cared about their customers and catered for kids to make it so much fun for them as well.

Trip Length7 days

Do not go

Too many people in a confined space. Had to wait for dining tables. Food was sub standard crap. Facilities could not handle the overcrowded ship. Dropped us in Suva on a Sunday when everything was closed. Would like a refund.

Trip Length12 days
Travelling Party Seniors
Rooms
Bad

Good but rough around the edges

Just came back from the 3 night KI sampler. Being first cruise I did enjoy the cruise experience itself. Interior cabin was comfortable and to be honest is just a place to sleep. The TV though was very small, and who uses DVD players/movies anymore?. Food on the whole was ok, I didn't go hungry. However, the three included free restaurants (Angelo, Dragonlady and Waterfront) SHOULD NOT be bookable for dinner. Should be first come first served and then wait for tables to become available if its full when you turn up. That's at least a better chance than not having any chance at all because they are all pre-booked (probably days ahead). As is stood I could only eat free at the Pantry. The food here ranged from quite nice to merely palatable. Biggest problem is not quantity, its lack of variety with many of the choices looking very similar day to day. In the curry section I didn't see a single standard beef or chicken curry. Salad sandwiches and rolls looked better than they tasted. Fish and chips was nice. A plus is being able to take food from The Pantry to poolside tables. Dessert choice is weird, some fancy cakes but not a single scoop of bog standard ice-cream to go with the massive servings of boring fruit salads. I enjoyed most the breakfast pastries. As far as drinks go, I took some cans with me and ended up drinking hardly any because 1). no bar fridge so who wants warm coke and then having to carry it around and 2). to be honest the price of soft drinks is very reasonable $2.90 as you go or unlimited for the $7 a day drinks package (which I opted to take). I was surprised that in general alcoholic and brewed coffee prices were surprisingly the same or cheaper than in a city pub or restaurant. A selection of cocktails were $12 each at the bars which is pretty decent. I call ripoff on bottled water prices for room though. Luckily plenty of ice water dispensers around to fill your own containers. Entertainment was good, highlight was piano bar singer taking wishes from the audience and not just singing and playing well but very interactive and quite funny. I was surprised the Eden only had 2 pool areas, and given the number of cruising passengers, the main pool was mostly empty and available for use everytime I went there. Will I do it again?. probably yes.

Australia Day cruise

When we booked in Brisbane, the fireworks in Sydney Harbour was the main attraction but itinerary was obviously changed between February and January. Instead we had a 6pm sail away from Sydney to the Look Like a Legend competition with many many passengers crowded on two back decks listening to loud music and unable to see or hear anything. The competition was badly organised and staff were all giving different information. What a disappointment! And it is all happening again next year.

1st Cruise with P&O and most impressed!

This was my first cruise with P&O,it was on the Pacific Jewel. Besides the fact the ship is rather old and worn I was blown away the by the hard work and attention to detail of the entire staff with whom I came in contact Our cruise was 6 nights on Pacific Jewel leaving from Melbourne to Adelaide, Kangaroo Island and Port Lincoln, returning to Melbourne. In particular our Cabin Steward named "Saleh" kept our room spotless and kept it well stocked looking after us beautifully. It was a pleasure to meet such a lovely friendly man as Saleh, his advice and eagerness to help us in any manner was brilliant. We loved our 3 ashore days making the most of it on a fabulous day tour around Kangaroo Island with a local woman named "Roz". Roz had extensive knowledge of the island and in no time, we were all laughing like old friends. Highlight of the day seeing Sea Lions sunbathing and sleepily resting on the sand besides the cold spray of the surf. Then to Port Lincoln, it was absolutely heaven on earth, and the seafood, OMG! We are all moving to Port Lincoln!!! LOL :)

Worst cruise ever P&O are a disgrace to cruising

Australia Day cruise 6 nights, 2 cabins deck 5, our 4th family cruise, absolute rip off, we did not stay for the fireworks as the ship left Sydney at 5pm, docked at white bay away from all of the action. Ship is dirty, needs a refit and the food a disgrace. The Pantry food is no better than the food they throw out when the motorway service station closes for the night. The waterfront restaurant is reheated microwave economy airline food. Even the waitress we knew from a previous ship warned us how bad the food was when we bumped into when boarding.

The shore tours a rip off and blatant extortion by P&O. The officers are sour and miserable especially the security staff when leaving or boarding the ship. Entertainment is purile immature holiday camp 1970’s dumbed down garbage, there are school children at our local school that can sing, dance and put on a more professional show. Please do yourself a favour and do not waste any of your hard earned money with P&O.

Only a good word can be said of the overworked serving staff and the Edge crew who always smiled and tried to help you.

Great Cruise

The twelve night cruise was just awesome. Really enjoyed it. This was the first cruise I have ever taken in my life

Worst cruise ever experienced

We arrived back this morning from a 3 night cruise from Adelaide to Kangaroo Island.. we have been on many a cruise and this by far was the worst !

3 of this on the cruise for my mother’s 80th a wish on her bucket list to experience a cruise ! Unfortunately we didn’t convince her that cruising could be fun .. this cruise and the ship has left a very sad taste in our mouth..

We booked a suite for 3 people over $1000 per head for 3 nights. Our suite had many thing wrong with it, too many to mention. Staff did attend to issues immediately but just a quick fix.

As other have said food in the Pantry was disgusting, waterfront was just ok but each meal was delivered to our table almost cold ! some pleasant staff but many just not interested or accomodating !
List broke down we we stuck for over 1/2 hour with not much more than a sorry ! I suffered massive anxiety attack and they didn’t give a rats !

I could go on forever but too many issues to list ! Never will we cruise P&O again !

Very Disappointing

We were on board the Aria that left Brisbane on 4/1/19 bound for New Caledonia. We were very happy with all the staff on the boat, they were all marvelous. However, that was the only thing that we were happy with. We decided to spend the extra for a balcony cabin. The cabin itself was very run down (holes in wall, wear and tear on all fittings). There were 3 of us in the cabin and the third bed was just an uncomfortable sofa with a pillow top, not even a proper bed (we thought the third passenger should not have had to pay full fare to sleep on a sofa!). I have mobility problems and use a walker. There were four lifts each end of the ship but on a regular basis 3 of the lifts would be in use by staff or out of order leaving only one lift for passengers. It would sometimes take 20-25 minutes for me to get in a lift and sometimes I was forced to carry my walker downstairs in order to get to events on time! We were very unhappy with the restaurants as well. The food in the Pantry on the 11th floor was ok but we could never get a seat (there were 5 of us) so we had evening meals in the Waterfront Restaurant and the food was not good. We wanted to try other restaurants but couldn’t because they were always booked out so we were not happy about that. Also, on other cruises (Princess etc.) we were able to go to the buffet late at night for light snacks, coffee or sweets etc. but on the Aria all the restaurants closed early (I think at 9 o’clock). Overall, a very disappointing cruise. I don’t think we will be sailing with P & O again!

Comedy cruise

3 day Comedy cruise to Adelaide, with girlfriend we both really enjoyed it. Loved the shows especially Ellen Briggs and Bob Down, Mark. Also Jemma and SSJ were fantastic in the blue room. We liked most of the food, there was plenty of variety, tried as many things as possible but still made time to relax at pool, staff good. Sad boat on last cruises , only negatives shampoo pretty sad, not game to use phone when we saw roaming charges, but would def. cruise again... on P & O

Awesome cruise with P&O

Just came back from a 12 night Pacific Islands cruise with P&O, this is my fourth cruise with P&O, fantastic cruise, as always, the entertainment team was brilliant every night, food was awesome, great choice in the pantry and also in the Waterfront Restaurant. The rooms were spotless clean, as always, they were cleaned twice a day, with fresh towels supplied every day, and the staff were lovely, courteous and smiling and happy. The booking experience was smooth and straightforward, looking forward to my next cruise with P&O!

Never again P&O not even if it was free.

Where to start . Well we thought it might have been nice t have a welcoming drink and a little meet and greet.
Nope , your rooms are ready go that way. Rooms very clean and small but that was expected. Shower was very rusty but we knew history and that this ship was tired but the paint splashes all over balcony and balcony furniture were a unexpected hidden extra. Make sure you take soap and shampoo ect because the only thing supplied is ... well weak dishwashing liquid. The cocktails and I use the term loosely were devoid of alcohol and I actually asked if I could have a scotch from an unopened bottle and was told there was no more scotch on the ship. This was 3days in. Know..... The Waterfont Restuarant (again loosely used discription) By far the
Continually the worst food served to me in my 66 years. The best entertainment on cruise was waiting every
night to get menu to see what combination of rubbish we would be served and the worst was the embarrassment on the waiters faces as they served it. The pantry was a carb fest and so reperticous. The
desserts defy discription. Same every night just different colours. HOW!!! Much fruit salad can you eat ...... three meals a day. No cream no ice cream just massive chunks of same fruit 3 meals a day . Never enough tables anywhere on the ship .
If you went into Connexions after 7.30 you sat on floor.
Entertainment guys tried so hard but how much trivia can you take. All in all we did relax ... not much choice
really .We would have loved to sit out around pool more but you had to be there at sparrows to get a sun lounge or table. The food in the three places that you had to pay for was good and believe me we ate there a lot. I begrudged having to pay that and for decent coffee . Final word Shame on you P&O!!

Iii

Cabin 4226

Cabin 4226 had 4 single beds which were uncomfortable. Bathroom was disappointing shower curtain was falling down,rust around taps and cracked tiles. Food was horrible, we were happy to come home,it was a very disappointing cruise.

P&O it's time to lift your game!

Recently cruised to Sydney from Brisbane aboard Pacific Aria for Australia Day Cruise. We were promised fireworks when we booked but ship left before they started. Apparently P&O are at liberty to do this so beware when booking a cruise with them. We went to a lot of effort for the Legends competition which turned out to be an absolute fizzler one of the winners was a child with a sash saying "Miss Australia" guess we just weren't cute enough. Paid for a stateroom with a porthole, waste of money as we overlook the veranda and our only view was the smokers hanging around outside out window. Staff on the whole were courteous there are always the odd few. If we are every to travel on P&O again it definitely won't be this ship.

Great Crew

The whole trip was fantastic, however the crew made it AWESOME!! I had so much fun thanks to my crew friends. Special thanks to Sandnun, Sathees, Tiat, Damts and Steven for being so friendly and welcoming to me. A super special thankyou to Ramon3 for making shure I was happy every day. I will remember this trip forever and I am 11years old , so that will be a very long time.
Thankyou, Isabelle (Isy)

Hit and miss

Where do I start? Went on a 7 night Barrier Reef cruise. Room/ship was tired looking, Wi-Fi expensive and didn't work half the time, the pantry crowded so no seating available, water bottles 5 bucks a litre (cruise ship water taste like pool water), kids running loudly down hallways, people next door being loud, rust, faulty light switches...BUT, nice crew members and room service food cheap. Cocktails price on par with mainland. Pantry food ok but they dish it put in small quantities. Overall a relaxing cruise apart from the knocking and yelling at 6.30am on disembarking day from housekeeping.

Casino winnings stolen

Hi all, was very happy with the room and service from 95% of the staff.

I was $17 in the rears and P&O contacted me to ensure my account was settled. I advised that my winnings was much more than that and to just wipe it and keep the winnings. They said no it is a completely different section and I need to settle my account asap. I told them that if that is the case they will need to settle my casino winnings.

I have sent off 4 emails called twice and all I get is someone will contact you within 5 days. My cruise was on the 4th of December 2018.

Very unprofessional!!!!!

I wouldn't care usually but if they were so determined to collect their $17 then I want my winnings.

I have been telling everyone to go to the service counter to also get the $1 donation that P&O take on the first night as well. 1200 to 1500 people at @ $1 each that is $1200 to $1500 they take every cruise after you already pay $850 per person.