Paint Spot

Paint Spot

Paint spot dandenong

Thank you to Enzo at paint spot Dandenong. I did a lot of review on nutech paving paint before I went into this store, not satisfied with what I was advised I went here to obtain some more information. I was pleasantly surprised to receive great service and plenty of knowledge. I discovered that I had indeed been mis informed about my previous research and was re educated about what I needed to complete my project. I have now completed my project and was extremely happy with the result and now with the nutech product that I had purchased. Thanks again Vicki Hall

Paint Spot Carnegie - Exceptional Customer Service

The staff at Carnegie Paint Spot are fantastic. Paint Spot has an extensive range and I was given great advice. As a first time painter they gave me great advice and encouragement. Additionally, after being messed around by my painter, they really looked after me. Would not go anywhere else for paint. Purchased Wattyl Solorguard

FANTASTIC GEORGE FOOTSCRAY PAINT SPOT.

George from Footscray paint spot is what good old service used to be like.He gave me great advice on all my questions and advised me on what products to use in which saved me money and time,
I wouldn’t go anywhere else for my paints.keep up the great work George.

Paint Spot, Preston - helpful service but sold me twice as much paint as required

Very knowledgeable and helpful staff, but check how much paint you really need. I ended up with exactly twice as much as required, wasting $150, plus have 15 litres of paint I can't do anything with.

Paint Spot Footscray

Needed a primer sealer to hide superficial cracking in solid plaster walls.
Friendly staff, courteous and knowledgeable; product recommendation was spot on, reduced preparation time and complexity enormously.
The 20% discount sale was a bonus

Paint spot Mcintyre road Sunshine

Hi, borrowed a sprayer for the day, was advised to return before 8.00 am following day. I still was charged $50.00 late fee because someone was waiting at 7.00 am. Bunch of crooks!

Stop - Don't go to Sunshine PaintSpot

I was painting a 34 square metre flat that required one coat on the ceiling and the guy sold me 15 litres, extortion! These guys are criminals. I came in with floor plans and square metres drawn up by an engineer, as I am unfamiliar with painting I trusted that these plans would be followed to sell me the right amount of paint.

I rang the manager Anthony, who was really condescending and seemed to blame everything on me and then tried to say he would fire the employee and it would be all my fault and that that was what I wanted. He said he would refund the paint, but it never should have happened in the first place.

Bewildered

The sole reason I went to Paint Spot was for advice on painting my mums house. I needed to cover over the weathered stained finish. On the sample board of the finish I considered purchasing I pointed to the similar existing colour of my mums house and asked if the darker colour on the sample board would cover the existing lighter colour of the house. I was assured with a "yes, no problems". I purchased 10 litres. When applied, the darker colour did not even begin to cover over the existing lighter colour. Paint Spots reply to my asking for a refund was that I had "misunderstood the advice I was given". Judge for yourself.

Unbelievably bad advice.

Paint Spot Knox, you let me down BIG time!

I am a photographer who is building a home studio. I wanted to paint the walls and ceiling white, as in pure white. No undertones of yellow, blue or grey. It is surprisingly difficult to get pure white paint, as almost all of them will have some colour cast. I decided i would visit my local paint spot in knox as i figured the people who work there would have had this type of request before, or at least be able to help me, and make me up some special paint if it wasn't readily available.

Well, the gentleman who served me had absolutely no clue what i was talking about! I mean none. When i explained politely what i was after, he looked at me as if i had suddenly sprouted three heads, and then proceeded to inform me that "all white paint has some colour cast in it, you can't get pure white". Now, i know this to be untrue, but he wasn't having a bar of it, and tried to fob me off with their own brand white paint, which he said had grey in it. I said i would "think about it" (read: not likely!) and in the meantime i would like some white undercoat. For a room of roughly 75sq metres with windows he advised that 6 litres of their own brand undercoat would do the job.

Lies! It is the worst paint i have ever used! It went on streaky, soaked right into the wall, and one 6 litre can of paint did: one wall (badly) and part of the ceiling!!!! Are you freaking kidding me? As we had used the paint i couldn't exactly take it back, so i lost out on $50 there. I then went to bunnings and bought a 10 litre can of taubman's 3-in-1 undercoat, and that was magnificent! It went on smooth and thick, and the entire rest of the room including the ceiling and a second coat on the first wall to cover the unslightly streaks that the own brand undercoat created, took around 4 litres, so now i have heaps left over.

For shame, paint spot! I expected you to provide me with useful advice and quality paint. Instead i received blank looks, and the worst paint that ever existed on the face of the earth. My advice to others is never buy paint spot's own brand paint because it completely sucks. It might be a bit cheaper but it will cost you more in the long run because it is as useless as a one legged man in an [censored word removed]-kicking contest.

As for the top coat, i went to dragon image (a rare moment of brilliance on my part), and they had exactly what i wanted - 10 litres of pure white studio paint for $90, which is insanely cheap, and totally awesome. My walls are snow white and beautiful.

In conclusion, all's well that ends well, but i shall be avoiding the paint spot knox store at all costs!

(to be fair, i've been to the store on chapel street, and they have always been fantastic).
Very close to where I live, which is why I went there. BIG mistake!
Extremely shoddy own brand paint, clueless service. I'm bitterly disappointed!

Great Service and Advice

I am not a professional painter but decided to paint one side of the house. I had read in Choice magazine that Hymes paints were very good so off to Bunnings to see what they had. No Hymes paints but plenty of Dulux. I needed 15 litres but was looking at well over $200 for a can of Dulux at Bunnings. I then went to a nearby Paint Spot store and found the staff very helpful, in fact the salesperson spent 30 minutes with me making suggestions and helping me chose colors and paints. They did stock Hymes (as well as Dulux, Wattyl and more) and I found their prices to be a good deal cheaper than Bunnings - The Hymes 15 can was around $160.00 but what impressed me most was the service. I will go business there again.
Friendly - and great service