Palmolive Ultra Original

Palmolive Ultra Original

See the Best Dishwashing Liquids in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Palmolive

Need to look around for another soap detergent for washing up

I have always used Palmolive for the dishes for decades. My mother used it before me. Recently, I have noticed that it doesn't suds up. The soap remains flat and dispersed on top of the water. I find that I have to use double the liquid just to get some bubbles/suds. I wonder why they would mess with something that people have always used and is obviously popular? Need to look for alternative.

Purchased in June 2021.

Dave B.
Dave B.South East Queensland, QLD

superb

Been using palm olive original and getting superb results
Smells great too
Doesnt leave any chemical residue and is gentle on skin
Great grease emulsifier
Gives dishes a shine and cleans sink as well
5 stars

Colgate-PalmolivePalmolive

Thank you for your review Dave. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your positive comments with us and we're glad you enjoyed one of the many unique aspects of our Palmolive Original- it's tough on grease, but soft on hands.

V T
V TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality degraded

We have used Palmolive for a long time but at the latest stock up we noticed quality has changed significantly. Perfume is different and it's so diluted. Clearly Palmolive is cutting corners. Not happy. Need to find a new brand now.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths for $3.00.

Perfume change

I noticed the perfume change and decided to look and see if it had changed... seems it has. I noticed the change because it is now making me feel ill, it is genuinely awful.

Purchased in January 2020.

Thehonestreviewer
Thehonestreviewer

Not for sensitive skin

Nice soapy smells nice does its job overall but its not for dry or sensitive skin it irritates and breaks the skin so if you have either of these skin types wear gloves or buy the purple one which is a bit more kinder to those with dry or sensitive skin

Purchased in December 2019 at Coles.

New scent

I have been using Palmolive green washing up detergent for over forty years. But you have changed the scent! I do not like it al all it makes me nauseous, it smells like Woolworths home brand liquid which I hate, it works as in it cleans the dishes but it smells awful. I am sorry but I will not be buying yours again until the scent returns to the original
Terry

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths.

Katie L
Katie LGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Palmolive is the best to go detergent for washing dishes without drying your hands

Nozzle keeps clogging up

The only thing to stop me from from giving this a 5 star rating is that every time I have ever bought this product the nozzle tends to clog up with the build up and I have to clean it with a tooth pick all the time. Very annoying I think you need to work on a solution for that one cheers

Vidya
VidyaCanberra

same as the normal liquid

not so strong, had to use a lot to clean dishes. i feel that its not so different to the normal dishwashing liquid. would have bought the generic brands rather than paying for this one. smell also not somstrong compared to other brands in the market. would not buy it again

DeWalt
DeWaltAU

Beats the competition, hands down

brian
brian

about average

I sometimes buy the Palmolive dishwashing liquid when low on dishwashing liquid supplies and found it does a good job to do the dishes though have to use extra amount of liquid to make the palmolive dishwashing liquid lather up compared to the super concentrated dishwashing liquids / I totally recommend this dishwashing liquids for the budget conscious

The top nozzle is always blocking up

This product is frustrating and a right pain in the neck to use. The only way to really use it is to rip the green nozzle off and throw it in the bin. The problem with this is you use more product. Hey! Maybe thats what they want you to do. They say you need to use less as it is ultra but infact you use more because when you squeeze and the nozzle is partly blocked you end up dumping huge amounts when it gives way.
Rather use their normal strength product.

Sada
SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

An average dishwashing liquid thats been around for a long time.

nikkik
nikkik

Never again - top is always blocked!

The top of this bottle continually gets blocked and is a pain to unblock. It drives me crazy! I had this problem once before and vowed never to buy it again but forgot, and bought it again and it is even worse than last time.

Liquid is fine, it's just the container top.
Liquid is fine. Does the job (when you can get it out)
TERRIBLE top on the bottle is constantly blocked regardless of lid being open or closed and really hard to unblock (at times impossible!)

mxmar0
mxmar0Queensland, 4163

A good dish washing liquid for hand washing. A little goes a long way and your dishes will feel clean and sparkle. I never dry up and just rinse inhot water. I have never had any issues with the crockery and glasses drying with streaks.
Just love Palmolive. Its been around for a long time and the product has stood the test of time. A little bit of the cleaner goes a long way. It is easy to use and the crockery rinses off well to leave a sparkling finish. This ticks most of my boxes for a godd product in that it is economical and does the job well.
Nothing really

johnandterry
johnandterry
Shirley Carrigan
Shirley Carrigan

The best stain remover in laundry & dishwashing liquid - a little goes a long way but agree the top blockage is a huge PAIN
pain

Get an answer from our members and Palmolive representatives

Features

• This dishwashing liquid is twice as concentrated as a regular formula by Palmolive. As a result, you only need to use half the amount of dishwashing liquid that you’d normally use.
  • Made from 100% recycled packaging.
  • Costs around $5.50 for 750mL, which works out to be 73 cents per 100mL.

Feedback from reviewers

There were mixed opinions from reviewers about the quality of this Palmolive dishwashing liquid.

While some reviewers were happy with the effectiveness of this dishwashing liquid to cut through grease, others stated that a previously effective formula has since been changed, reducing the quality. A few reviewers mentioned that the top nozzle often becomes clogged.

The full ingredients list is also not easily available. Ingredients are described as a mix of anionic and non-ionic surfactants. This isn’t much help to those who prioritise having natural ingredients in a dishwashing liquid or household cleaning products, especially since dishwashing liquid makes contact with the sensitive skin on the hands.

CategoryDishwashing Liquids