Panasonic KX-TG789 Series
Listing monitored by Panasonic

Graeme
GraemeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love it.will never buy another phone this is the best ever!!

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Graeme, thank you for the 5 star review and taking the time to provide the great feedback on your cordless phone

Dave
Dave

Good solid phone

Great phone and easy to use.The noise reduction button works a treat when there noise on the line.I like the big buttons as my eyes are not the best now,and having 2 handsets we can leave one upstairs in our bedroom.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $169.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Dave. Thank you for taking the time to provide the review on your cordless phone.

Angry BearSydney, NSW

Practical Cordless phone

What I like is the large display and the ability to easily read the calling number. Everything works as it should. Setup wasn't completely intuitive, but no worse than any other cordless phone I have used. One annoying minor issue is that when you put the phone in its cradle, you have to look at the unlit display to see the word "charging" to check that it is charging. (Every other cordless phone we've had would sometime not connect up properly in the cradle and therefore not charge. So we have developed the habit of checking that the phone is actually charging each time we put it back in the cradle. Other phones have had an easily seen indicator to indicate charging.)

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Angry Bear, thank you for taking the time to provide your review.

Enigma26
Enigma26adelaide

Worst phones ever!

These Panasonic phones don’t even do the most basic tasks like enabling me to answer a phone call. It always displays the ‘busy’ signal and I have to get up and use the phone that’s in the docking station when I want to answer a call. The batteries don’t last long and the frustration these phones have provided has convinced me to never buy another Panasonic appliance ever again.

Beware, these phones are the worst! I haven’t listed everything that’s wrong with these phones because I’m already sick of wasting my time and getting frustrated thinking about it. I can’t believe how bad they are!

Date PurchasedJan 2018

lovelylegs
lovelylegsAngle Park

good phones

I love these phones they are very good it's handy to have 3 phones and it is easy to use and once you charge it, it stays charged for at least 2 days, it all depends on how much you use it. They are lightweight easy to hold and i love them.

Date PurchasedSept 2014
Howard W
Howard WMaleny

Good phone but terrible functionality and manual

I recently bought - but have since returned for a credit! - this Panasonic phone. The phone itself seemed to work well - good volume and clarity - but the menu structure for programming anything beyond making basic calls was dreadful. It was not at all intuitive, unlike most other brands where you don't need the manual, you can just work your way through the manual. Not so for the Panasonic - you need the manual as you need to use # and a code number from the manual to do virtually anything - and the manual is also very poorly written and hence what you need to find is difficult to discover. There are other phones out there which perform as well and which are easier to work with.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Imp
ImpPerth

Very low volume

This is a premium unit with a premium price tag. Although it has many features that we wanted it fails dismally in the one main purpose of actually being a communication device. Basically the volume is simply too low to hear properly (on all handsets with the handset volume set to full). If your surroundings are quiet, the line good and the person on the other end shouts down the phone, then you are OK. Other than this, the conversation is twice as long as you ask them to repeat every other sentence.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Great Product

We purchased it 6 weeks ago. We charge it and it and it keeps its charge for 2 weeks or more still works perfectly we purchased it from Dick Smith.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

piece of ctrap

Problem is the phone comes up insert batteries when batteries are in unit and battery indicator shows empty and they wont charge - have checked all and it is actually the phone not the charging unit.
THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS MODEL PHONE HAS DONE THIS AFTER ABOUT 6-8 WEEKS AFTER PURCHASE. WE ALREADY TOOK THE FIRST PHONE BACK TO HARVEY NORMAN AND THEY SWAPPED IT FOR A COMPLETE NEW UNIT IN AUG 2017. NOW IT HAS HAPPENED AGAIN OCT 2017.
Panasonic are not helpful at all - it is an hour and half drive to get to HNorman.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

Dav
DavSYDNEY

Perfect !

Just changed my handset to Panasonic from a cheap one. No complaints so far. Purchased it from THE GOOD GUYS. It works perfectly comes with great features and good volume/sound quality. Link to cell feature is great, where you can link you home phone to your mobile phone and no issue with Bluetooth connection.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

lt_ripleyAU

Don't Waste Your Money

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Find out how Panasonic KX-TG789 Series compares to other Home Phones

Low Volume and max 9 rings.

I have a cochlear implant and hearing aid and purchased this phone to link with a bluetooth phone clip. The ring volume and speaking volume is too low. The maximum of 9 rings before answering machine is too short as I am elderley and take some time to reach the phone . Am dissappointed with my purchase . Am still trying tofind out if my Doro Phone Easy623 seniors phone is bluetooth compatable with the Panasonic purchased.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Jeff
JeffSouthwest, VIC

Brilliant link to cell function. Highly recommend.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Arch
ArchAdelaide

Volume level is disappointing

Date PurchasedSept 2016

Asho
Ashoasked
KX-TG789 Series

How many numbers can be blocked?

Angry Bear

Sorry Asho, I've never tried to block any numbers, so I don't know. However the manual for the unit has "can store up to 250 phone numbers in the call barred list." You can download the manual at https://www.panasonic.com/content/dam/Panasonic/support_manual/Cordless_Telephone/English_03-other/KX-TG7892_7893AZS.pdf.
Cheers,
Charles

Sam
Samasked
KX-TG7893AZS (3 Handsets)

I have entered what I thought was a code for the Voicemail (0000), now when I press the VM button it dials emergency 000
Can some please explain how to change the number or reset the system back to factory.
Sam

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

HI Sam, please give our customer service team a call on 13260.

Garry H.
Garry H.asked
KX-TG789 Series

number 1 hand set says base no power removed from power supply and reconnected still the same any ideas please

Angry Bear

If you have doubled checked the power outlet is working, I would suggest the base is broken. Either get it fixed under warranty or buy a new one on eBay.

See all Panasonic KX-TG789 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

Panasonic KX-TG789 Series