Oricom CARE80

Listing monitored by Oricom

Jennette T.
Jennette T.Northern Region, NSW

Great phone for my mum

I bought this phone for my mum who suffers from early onset Alzheimer’s dementia. She constantly loses her address book and doesn’t call people because she can’t remember their number (even if it’s written next to the phone). So the photos really make a difference. I plan to swap one photo and number out every month or so to enable her to phone people she hasn’t spoken to in a while. An unexpected feature was the adjustable ringer volume.

Purchased in April 2021.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. All the best, Oricom.

CarolSydney Surrounds, NSW

Excellent for the job

Quick response to order. Easy to set up and worked well with the NBN connection. User [older person] reported it was much clearer to hear. I appreciated the picture buttons to assist older and disabled relatives.

Purchased in February 2021.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Other Home Phones

This model replaces a previous phone we have had for years. The changeover is simple.

The model we have is a little smaller in size to the one we have had previously. The flashing red light when the phone rings is very helpful, as with all the other technology in the house, you can pinpoint which phone is ringing. The adjustable sound, volume etc can be altered easily to suit my husband and myself. I think us purchasing another Oricom phone says for itself that we were more than happy with the product.

Purchased in March 2021.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know. All the best, Oricom.

It helps mum

Bought the phone for my mum cause she's hard of hearing and finds it hard to hear the call, now with the phone it makes it more enjoyable to be on the phone

Purchased in March 2021 for $69.95.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your mums future use. Oricom.

Perfect for my Mum!

I got this for my mum, who is in a nursing home, she has limited vision and limited movement with her hands. This phone is perfect for her. It gave her some independence back and she's able to call her friends and family again.

Purchased in April 2021.

Wendy
WendyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very practical

Photos of people my parents ring often will be much easier for them. At 88 and 92 phone calls are a bit more difficult these days. Flashing light is good too.

Purchased in April 2021 for $89.00.

Mick D.
Mick D.Sydney, NSW

A speaker phone is needed.

A speaker phone option would improve it. Also, the 6 x 1-touch memory dial buttons are quite flimsy and come off easily. The picture and name on the 1-touch dial buttons works well for my mum who has Alzheimer’s.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message and review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom

Stephen
StephenPerth, WA

It actually works well for anyone with hearing problems!

Bought for my grandmother who finds it to difficult to hear on mobile and the regular home phone. With the help of the boost button she can actually have a full conversation with family in Scotland again! Would deffinitley recommend if you were considering.

Purchased in January 2021.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the very best for the future. Oricom

Other Home Phones

Great phone and easy to use

Wonderful phone where i can press a button and ring the person I need to. I was unable to use a mobile efficiently so this has been a Godsend. Thank you.

Purchased in April 2021 for $70.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jennifer, thank you for taking the time to review the CARE80 and letting others know of your experience. We appreciate your feedback. All the best, Oricom.

Find out how Oricom CARE80 compares to other Home Phones

Perfect for little people too

We wanted a phone that our four year old could use easy in an emergency... and could use in a controlled manner to call love ones (ie grandparents etc) ... this may not be the intended purpose for this phone, but it is perfect for our needs.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jo, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

fabulous phone for aged people

easy phone for my elderly father to use as he just pushes buttons. phone has a nice loud ring as well as lighting up when it rings. Great idea to have photos instead of names on the preset numbers

Purchased in March 2021 for $69.99.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wishing you all the best with your future use. Oricom

Making Life Easier

The purchase of this phone has enabled my 92 year old mother to once again be able to communicate with her family a lot easier than with her previous phone.

Purchased in December 2020 for $80.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. All the best, Oricom.

Frank C
Frank C

Necessary with poor hearing and Pacemaker

My wife has a pacemaker and can only hear from her left ear, so this phone is ideal for that situation, since the care 80 phone does not interfere with pacemakers, and the 'Boost' is also very handy. Perfect phone.
When asked which store I purchased, you have to choose from a supplied list. When I entered "On line direct from Oricom, it was removed, why, I don't know.

Purchased in February 2021 for $69.95.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Frank, thanks for the message. We appreciate you taking the time and all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

crz7n3
crz7n3Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Love this phone

The phone works well. Connects to nbn easy. Essy to use. Clear hearing and connect to a hearing aid. I wish it had a speakerphone. But the biggest plus is oricom support. Australia based company with Australia based support. Very fast response. Company goes above and beyond to help anyway they can. Ordered online directly from oricom. Fast delivery. So easy to use for my elderly parents. Programming numbers in is easy.

Purchased in September 2019 for $69.95.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Other Home Phones

Perfect for my elderly mother.

My mother has dementia and this phone has really helped, she can just push on our photos to call us. It also is ideal for her hearing impairment. We are very happy with our purchase.

Purchased in September 2020 for $229.00.

Read more reviews - page 2

Ken
Kenasked

if we are not connected to the NBN is the Oricom care 80 phone unlocked to enable a mobile sim card from any carrier to be inserted?

Carol

Hi Ken, I'm not up on the technicals but I don't think this phone has mobile capabilities. Seems to plug in and work like a regular landline phone. Don't know if it will plug into the pre NBN network.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Ken, no the CARE80 cannot be used with a mobile SIM card. Oricom.

Amanda
Amandaasked

We live in Tassie, where our communication providers are some what limited. The care 80 is exactly what we want, current landline is connected to the NBN, which leaves my elderly relative very vulnerable when there is a power outage. Looking for advice or recommendations on overcoming this problem.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Amanda, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom

Amanda T.
Amanda T.asked

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Amanda, thanks for the message. Please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the Oricom Support team will be able to discuss with you. All the best, Oricom.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryHome Phones