Oricom CARE80

Oricom CARE80

crz7n3

crz7n3Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Love this phone

The phone works well. Connects to nbn easy. Essy to use. Clear hearing and connect to a hearing aid. I wish it had a speakerphone. But the biggest plus is oricom support. Australia based company with Australia based support. Very fast response. Company goes above and beyond to help anyway they can. Ordered online directly from oricom. Fast delivery. So easy to use for my elderly parents. Programming numbers in is easy.

Purchased in September 2019 for $69.95.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Perfect for my elderly mother.

My mother has dementia and this phone has really helped, she can just push on our photos to call us. It also is ideal for her hearing impairment. We are very happy with our purchase.

Purchased in September 2020 for $229.00.

Roger SSydney, NSW

Perfect for Aged Care

Purchased in August 2020 for $149.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. All the best, Oricom.

Bought it for my mother

Purchased the phone so my mother could hear the ringer and hear when talking . The volume is great but the ringer is not loud enough even on high . I have had to add on another box that amplifies the ringer.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to leave your feedback on the product. We wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom

Bev

BevSydney Surrounds, NSW

It’s ok

Does what’s required from a phone for the elderly. Dad’s happy enough to use it for taking or making calls. It works better for his room where as mobile reception isn’t very good.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Bev, thanks for the review. Disappointed with the 3 stars if the product met the brief. How could we be of assistance? Oricom

Great for elderly

Got this for my 91 year old mother who has bad vision and hearing. She is able to quickly call the 6 displayed numbers and turn up the sound on the separate handset to hear a lot better.
She is much happier to have this and some independance while still living at home.

Purchased for $150.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. We wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom.

Brian Hill

Brian Hill

Great product

Tried many phones for my mum who is very hard at hearing.. this phone is amazing and I have one very happy Mum who can now hear my sister in Tassie for the first time in 12 months.

Purchased in December 2020 at Oricom for $65.00.

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

Excellent product at a very reasonable price.

Easy to install, good clean looking unit with volume control which helps with my husband's serious hearing disability. This is the second unit purchased and I would recommend them for anyone with hearing problems.

Purchased in November 2020 at Oricom for $69.95.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Glenda, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wishing you all the very best with your future use. Oricom.

Excellent for elderly

This phone was purchased for an elderly relative suffering from dementia who could no longer manage a cordless phone. As it is more like an old fashioned phone without multiple functions and buttons to press she could easily use the phone to both call out and receive calls. I programmed the 6 essential numbers she needed and from there it was great. It has been a godsend for her and for the family.

Purchased in September 2020 for $70.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Dee, we appreciate the review and thanks for getting in touch to let us, as well as many others, know about the experience with the brilliant CARE80. All the best, Oricom.

Perfect phone

This is a great phone for my elderly mum .
So easy to use and the photo identification is great and also the big button numbers.
I recommend this to all the elderly.

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

My elderly mother finds this very easy to use

I bought this for my mother as she is 90, extremely deaf and very easily confused with technology. So far she has found the phone easy to use and when I talk to her she no longer asks me to repeat myself constantly like she does with the other phones in the house. She currently still has a landline phone service so I am hoping once I move her onto the nbn, this phone will be just as clear for her when using the VOIP service she will need to use then. She can easily change the volume and really likes the Boost button. My sister has setup the Memory buttons for her which she can work well. I am very pleased we bought this phone and would recommend it to others with hearing and cognitive issues.

Purchased in November 2020 at oricom.com.au for $69.95.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. All the best, Oricom Baby Care

Rod Bulley

Rod BulleyMid North Coast, NSW

92 yo Mum almost deaf almost blind, this seems to help her

My 92 yo Mum is almost deaf and almost blind, this phone seems to help her. There is no answer machine to confuse her, she can just make out the images for speed dial and the volume on max helps

Purchased in October 2020 at Oricom online store for $70.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product, and we wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom.

Deidre Lockyer

Deidre LockyerGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent product

I bought this phone after I had a bad accident, and it’s primarily for my mother who has Alzheimer’s and can’t cope with the phone. The photographs make it easy for her to recognise who she’s calling and will be vital in an emergency such as we’ve just had. It’s a great phone, easy to set up and very effective.

Purchased in November 2020 for $69.00.

Mary

MaryGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A simple idea with a great impact

Purchased for 97 year old who has hearing, vision and cognitive issues, and reported feeling isolated as he couldn't work the phone any more. HIs previous Oricom phone had very small speed dials under the handset, which he could no longer see or feel. We kept thing visually simple by placing a large black letter on 2 of the buttons to signify the first name initials of two family members. We also set speed dials on the remaining buttons, which we left blank, so that no matter which button he pushed he would reach us. We needed to practice pressing the letters and using the phone for a couple of weeks before he got the hang of it.

Purchased in August 2020 for $69.95.

Technical SupportOricom

H Mary, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with the future use. Oricom.

Good Phone!

Easy to use. Instruction manual could better explain how to remove photo button covers and provide a template for printing up photos/names. Memory time of programming when disconnected from power would also be a useful inclusion in specifications. Otherwise good phone for elderly and reasonably priced.

Purchased in July 2020 for $80.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom.

John Mitchell

John MitchellSydney, NSW

Excellent!

I bought the Oricom CARE80 for my elderly mother (96yo) who was unable to communicate effectively using her old phone. The Oricom exceeded our expectations with my mother now able to hear the phone ringing and hear callers clearly. The phone is so easy to use and it took little effort for her to master the various features of the phone. The boost function is particularly useful. I have no hesitation in recommending the phone to anyone with moderate to severe hearing difficulties.

Purchased in July 2020 at Oricom for $69.99.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the unit. Wishing you all the very best with your future use. Oricom.

Good device

Good device - purchased for my dad who has a hearing impairment. The ring tone could be louder, but I'm glad my dad can speak more comfortably on the phone now with the 'boost' volume function.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and support, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

John O

John OGippsland, VIC

Perfect for my mother who suffers from dementia

Perfect phone for a elderly person in my mother's case she suffers from dementia the phone has big numbers a falshing incoming call and photo dialling perfect for her great phone

Purchased in August 2020 for $69.95.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi John, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with the future use. Oricom.

Romina Cavaiuolo

Romina CavaiuoloMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Picture buttons.. AWSOME

The big buttons and the pictures have made things so much easier for my 90 year old mother. The price is great and overall we are very happy with everything about this phone.

Purchased in September 2020 at Australia Plants Online for $179.00.

Great so far

I iñstalled the phone for my Dad who is 98 and in a nursing home. Due to his poor eye sight and hearing, he likes the features particularly the sound boost and large one touch dialing keys with images. So far so good.

Purchased in September 2020 for $69.99.

Leone T.asked

I have bought an Oricom care 80 connected it, it works well in the loung but now her other phone in the bedroom that has a speaker won’t work what can I do for her

Leone T.

If I buy an oricom 80s and put it on the bedroom extension will it work with the other oricom care 80

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. The two units are stand alone and they do not connect to each other. To discuss this further, please contact our locally based Oricom Support team 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST. All the best, Oricom.

Emmanuel v

Emmanuel vasked

Can I delete or change a phone number in Oricom Care80?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEDT, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

Janet N.

Janet N.asked

Hi My mom has the care80 phone in her room at aged care facility. it has an answering service through telstra but only rings 5 times before going to voice mail. not long enough for her to get to phone. can we make this ring longer or turn off the ansewering machine
janet

Roger S

Hi, try the below, otherwise if doent work try Google search on Telstra
To deactivate MessageBank you need to:
Dial 125101 to access your MessageBank Service, Listen to your messages or the main menu options (if you have no messages) and follow the prompts, Press 5 to cancel your MessageBank service. Listen to the cancellation message and then press # to confirm the cancellation

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, we are sorry to hear of your experience, and for this one, we would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to discuss this with you and assist. All the best, Oricom.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryHome Phones