Telstra Call Guardian 301

Telstra Call Guardian 301

See the Best Home Phones in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Telstra? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.4
Bron F.
Bron F.Hunter Region, NSW

Nap, sleep, cuddles, uninterrupted

We used to have serious nuisance call rates before Telstra Guardian, an annoying 3-6 a day. Now no more than, ummmm; 1 a week if that and bingo, caught by the process. We have the basic unit of two no cord and I bought another to be used way up the back by my son. Some 12 metres away from base and modem.

A two year old $165 Uniden system is now homeless and boxed. The Guardian is a simple soul with bigger numbers and lots of energy. Love it Telstra! Bravo.

Purchased in September 2018 for $100.00.

RuBu
RuBuHunter Region, NSW

Great Phone - Unreliable

This phone is fantastic. It did everything promised and completely stopped all nuisance calls.
Unfortunately the base for the second phone stopped working just inside the warranty period. After a huge amount of hassle (typical Telstra ) with multiple holds on calls and endless internet chats where you have to tell your whole story over and over again, I got a replacement. 2 months later there are no ringer sounds in the second handset. My dilemma is whether to try again in case I was just unlucky or to go for a phone that does not fit my needs as well.

Purchased in February 2019 at Telstra for $73.00.

L C.
L C.

Wish I had reviewed this product before buying it.

No nuisance calls coming through from spammers and I wish I had this handset when I had a threatening call, where the person was too gutless to speak but still made a menacing phone call. The downside though is it doesn't answer until at least 7 or 8 rings have gone past so that a voice message can be left. Also agree the ring tone is way too loud, and I feel sorry for my neighbour because this damn phone just keeps beeping loudly until I get home if someone does leave a message.

Home Phones

Find out how Telstra Call Guardian 301 compares to other Home Phones

Twice Shy
Twice ShyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Does not do what Telstra say in their brochures - not fit for purpose!

Purchased in September 2019 for $101.00.

Jenny
JennySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product

Love this phone. No nuisance calls since I plugged it in. Definitely worth it and my message bank still works so get recorded messages even if I forget to turn it on.

Victor_vdH
Victor_vdHLane Cove, NSW

Works well but some not-so-good issues and a volume problem with one handset after a year's use.

Purchased in July 2019 for $72.00.

Berocca
BeroccaBunbury

Great product - No more annoying sales calls

Purchased in February 2019 at eBay for $60.00.

Piper12
Piper12Perth, WA

Callers having problems

Have a Call Guardian Mk 11. We set this phone up and left one of our mobile numbers off the phone book. We decided to test the process. We dialled the number and for the message asking us to state our name and press hash. Which we did. Nothing happened. We then got the message again. Nothing happened. After the third time the phone just hung up on us. Does anyone know how to get that working so a legit number that is not in the phone book can actually come through to the phone. Thank you. Jenny

Purchased in February 2019 for $72.00.

Other Home Phones

Can't live and wouldn't live without!!

Had this phone since August 2017, and since setting it up, have not had 1 unwanted call. Love it!! Takes a bit to get used to for the callers, but once they are in the contact list or 'allowed callers list', they are in.. Have an old flip mobile phone, and have questioned Telstra on having the same set up for Mobile Phones, then I'd gladly get the new smart phone, even though I believe they have apps to help deal with the problem of unwanted calls. If you need/want your Land Line, this is definitely the way to go. Best thing since sliced bread.. THANKS CALL GUARDIAN!!

Purchased in August 2017.

Home Phones

Find out how Telstra Call Guardian 301 compares to other Home Phones

csutak40
csutak40Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best investment I've ever made

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Michelle
MichelleMelbourne

Telstra Call Guardian 301 is AMAZING!!

This phone is easy to set up and is perfect for anyone who wants to stop scam calls and persistent nuisance callers. I am now able to enjoy my dinner in peace and am confident when the phone actually rings now it is someone I probably want to talk to. I love this phone...THANKS TELSTRA!!!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Althom
AlthomPerth, WA

Excellent. Gone from up to 10 scammers a day to zero

If you have a problem with nuisance calls and scammers get one of these. Works a treat. It's easy to set up and does all the work for you. No more calls from the "ATO", no more calls from "Microsoft" or the "NBN" No more calls from annoying charities
Get yourself one

Date PurchasedAug 2018
shootingstar
shootingstarSydney Surrounds, NSW

I love this phone!

This phone is the best thing since sliced bread! Blocks unknown, unwanted calls has saved me from speaking with so many sales people, people raising money, potential scammers & a couple of ex's I avoid like the plague!!
I HIGHLY recommend this phone can't live without it! If your on my VIP list your call shall be answered!

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Homesignal
HomesignalGippsland, VIC

Block nuisance calls The easy way