MPN: KXTGC222ALS

Great Phone!

I purchased the Panasonic KX-TGC220ALS two days ago. It was extremely easy to set up, including the answering machine. Good volume, phone looks good, and it was easy to work out all the functions. I like it so much better than my old Uniden. I am very happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

One of the most useful devices I've owned.

My review on the Uniden DECT1635 explains why I've got the Panasonic.

The Panasonic works reliably, has good sound and connect volume. The phone book holds 50 numbers and can be accessed from any handset. This is more than enough - my household has no mobile coverage so we rely on the landline, the Panasonic does the job admirably.

It has a base station and two other handset stations. Perfect for one upstairs, one downstairs and one out in the workshop. The phone works some distance from the house - I haven't got to its limit yet but haven't tried too hard. Suffice to say I live on a rural property so I reckon the coverage for a suburban block would be fine. In the city you could probably take a handset with you if you drop over to the neighbour's place for a cuppa.

The units look good with a small footprint and long battery discharge time. There's an intercom function where you can put a call through to another handset. Handy when Mum's in the workshop fixing the mower deck and Dad takes the call in the kitchen.

Some of the controls are not intuitive so don't lose the manual. For example setting up the answering machine is a bit tricky, while others, like the speed dial function, are a dream. This is the only drawback to the Panasonic I can find and even then it's a bit picky because once it's set up you rarely have to change it.

Excellent And Clean Design

I have not long had this so that is the only caution but so far I am impressed with a birthday present of a three unit Panasonic cordless phone.

It works well even in my older style home with always suspect infrastructure.

It has a good looking, clean design. Japanese efficiency!

Is the second phone on its own in a charger that can be away from the first phone, say plugged into power in another room?
Yes. That’s the good thing. The handsets connect by dedicated radio signal. Once you get used to them you can pretty much do anything on the system from any handset.

is this phone wall mounted
Hey Roger no it's not wall mounted. One of its drawbacks.

How do you change the number of rings before the call goes to the answering machine?

CategoryHome Phones