Panasonic NN-CS894S

Panasonic NN-CS894S

MPN: NNCS894SQPQ

Microwaves Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of microwave would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.2

Bad: Steam + Easy to Rust + weak electronic. Good: flatbed, powerful convection, low noise.

Noise Level

Are Steam Convection Microwaves supposed to rust

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Gaela RussellCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Worth the extra $$

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Gaela, thank you for the great feedback on your microwave. Perhaps a Christmas pudding would be the perfect way to test out the steam function of your microwave. You may find some useful recipe's here https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/

Microwaves

Find out how Panasonic NN-CS894S compares to other Microwaves

QSJY

QSJYGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Steam and oven not working properly

I bought NN CS894 combined steam microwave oven via appliances online. Expecting the steamer for veg and fish, never worked properly. Once a small portion fish cooked, it took 3 times longer than the recommended time. Oven not heated evenly. Contacted Panasonic many times, always saying please following the cook book. Yes, I did every time, it's either fault or bad product. They didn't want to do anything.
I paid about $900 but only can use it as a $200 microwave oven. Very disappointed and not sure what I can do.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Marcus

MarcusMarsfield

Convection Microwave that ticks all the boxes and more

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Meena shah

Meena shahMuswellbrook

I love it

Although this model is different to the one in title, looks the same. I paid over. $1000 for this a year ago. While it’s great as a microwave, has a very polished look, is nice as a convection oven, I don’t like the steak I’m option much as it’s not as affective as I had though. It easy to clean. I have to leave it open to dry completely so it doesn’t rust inside.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

John Fuller

John Fullerasked

is this a discontinued model or are they bringing out a new model nn-cs894sqpq

Gaela Russell

It is still a current model as far as I can see.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

HI John, this unit is still currently available in retail stores.

org8

org8asked

I would be interested in the NN-CS894S, as am interested in updating my steam microwave. I have many, many Panasonic products (including an older microwave with steam), and all have been trouble free. What worries me most about the CS894S is that the product was first released around 2013! Updating to a model first released around 7 years ago is not so interesting, so I must go to another brand or wait.

I see the NN-CS894S is still listed on the web in Australia and other countries, although I have been told by stores here in Australia the NN-CS894S is now discontinued.

Is it discontinued and if so is there going to be a replacement model? The dream would be to have something more like the NE-BS2700 (https://panasonic.jp/range/products/ne-bs2700.html) soon to be released in Japan. Any chance this or some similar will come to Australia at some time? It would be worth the extra cost!

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Org, thanks for the feedback. We don't have any announcements on new microwaves and the one you refer to may only be released in Japan. Any new announcements about new models will be via our website directly.

Michaelasked

Hi I am considering putting my family savings into the Panasonic NN-CS894SQPQ (CS894S) but I have been told that it is a lemon, they say it rusts out within 12 months that the steam cooking feature just doesn't work, the steel shelves rust very quickly and on many sites people are saying not to buy it it is a Lemon, it the steam function doesn't and it is hard to fill the water for the steam function, it always says the water tank is empty and will not work even if it is full. The steam function is also said to only cook about1/3 of the vegetables on the tray. One other site it says the steam function is useless. Many people over the Internet product review sites say that the oven is very complicated to use, the icons are far too small and you have to have your handbook and Dr. Google with you at all times when you use it for anything other than a microwave. I am wondering what your return rate is with these ovens, what your percentage of complaints or warranty repairs is and have you rectified any of the above problems? Many thanks, Mikel csimic23@gmail.com

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Mike, thank you for your question. It is difficult for us to respond to the other reviewers comments as every user will have a different experience with the product depending on how they use it. With the many functions it has, with Microwave, convection microwave, grill and steam this makes it a bit more complicated for use. The manual is very comprehensive and our customer service team is also available to answer any of your queries.
In relation to rust we always recommend to read the operating instruction manual on how to clean, and especially after using the steam function. We hope that helps you. We have a large range of different microwaves to suit all different customers needs. All the details and specifications are available at https://www.panasonic.com/au/consumer/household/microwave-ovens/convection-grill-microwaves.html

Michael

Thanks so much for that reply I can see what you mean. What about the other 10,000 people who are having no problems with the oven whatsoever. Kind regards Mike H

Mick

We have used the steam function just once. We keep our unit very clean, but rust appeared within 12 months, now it is even worse, like probably getting to the stage of leaking bad stuff. We tried to resolve with Panasonic but were unsuccessful. Our last Panasonic Microwave lasted 12 years before it was squashed in a move. This one is a POS. Yes the menu system is also stupid. All very well having a comprehensive manual, but you don't want every person that is using the Microwave have to read a comprehensive manual simply to heat something, or defrost something. If you are going to make a Microwave that has a Steamer function, a little box that has a lot of moisture floating around in it just in normal operation wouldn't you use a material that doesn't rust?

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives