Phil & Teds Nest

See the Best Portacots in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Amazing for travelling & too easy to use (but I have version 1 the original one, you can get them se

This was the BEST, I used it interstate in hotels and when we went to Singapore and Thailand when my daughter was 6 months old, you can use it alone, or when there were cots in hotels, I asked them to be set up and put the Nest in it so I didn't need to bend, and she felt cosy too. It saved us! I have the original one which is visually quite different from the new one but they are easy to get in great condition second hand. They are quite long so last for a while too.

Just "OK" .... The design could do with some improvements!

The concept is good. It's light, compact and fit well into my suitcase. I find it's a bit tricky getting the poles to line up with the holes in the base, especially going through the mattress. I actually ripped one of the mattress holes trying to get the pole in. Not sure I would recommend it as i'm sure there are better options out there.

Don't waste your money!

This nest is an absolute nightmare to assemble. The holes in the sheets are in the wrong place by around an inch which makes finding the holes for the supports impossible. The poles are on the inside of the bassinet and your little one can easily get their little hands caught in it. I am very good at being patient and trying new ways to double check I am building thus correctly but I just lost my s**t with this. Not easy at all.
To summarise.
Expensive
Hard to assemble (don't be fooled by the instructional video)
Very cheaply made.
Not that portable
Small spaces and sharp edges on the inside when they do not have to be. Poorly designed.

It is quite light though.

Simple, light, practical and inexpensive

I purchased the nest to use instead of a cot for the first months of my baby's life... the nest was simple to use, packed away in around one minute, easy to transport and inexpensive. when out and about, the nest was great to keep baby close. i've taken it on three trips and have packed all of my baby's clothes, nappies, wipes and blankets in the travel case... i wish that portable cots had the same travel case idea, as carting kids' stuff around is half the reason that parents don't travel. the nest made it really easy. only real negative were the flexible sides that made it unsafe to have baby sleeping at anything other than floor height.
Inexpensive, easy to pack, travel case carries all baby needs.
Flexible sides make it unsafe to use on anything other than the floor (ie can't stand on a bed)

Fantastic product

I love this bassinet. We were looking for a light weight, safe and portable bassinet as we were moving house when bub was about 5 weeks old. The nest was perfect and quite cheap-we got ours for $75 online. It's only 2.5kg and can also be used as a suitcase when travelling. Our little girl slept in this from day one and slept very well. We would swaddle her and then place a blanket over the top and she was very content. The mattress was good too and a snug fit. We moved her into a cot at 8 weeks as she is quite long but I think we got our moneys worth and I will definitely use it with the next one.
Light weight, inexpensive and very practical when you're on the move.

Not what I wanted

I bought this nest for baby to sleep in overnight or even during the day. Baby likes to have a sheeted tucked in around her to help her sleep but the bases is so thin on this carrier, it's not possible to tuck a sheet in securely. Also, the sides of the nest are so flexible that when baby kicked or partly rolled (or moved, she was a newborn) she would fall into the sides and not be able to snugly settled into sleep. I wish I hadn't spent my money on this as I am a single parent and found I couldn't use this product. Plus the handles don't join together and it is difficult to carry/manage.

It wasn't practical for baby to sleep in in comfortably. Very difficult to carry as the handles do not join together.