BabyBjorn Travel Cot

BabyBjorn Travel Cot

See the Best Portacots in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by BabyBjörn

Pros

Light and portable
Easy to assemble and disassemble
Soft, comfortable mattress

4.9
  • Ease of Assembly
  • Safety
Jess N.
Jess N.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Best investment

I have 4 kids under 6 and two Baby Bjorn portacots, we travel and camp a lot, they are lightweight, easy to use, safe, durable and great quality. Highly recommend, a must have item if you travel.

Purchased in January 2016.

Helen H
Helen HSydney, NSW

The best travel cot on the market by far

Can't live without it

We do lots of travelling, after reading the reviews for this travel cot, I bit the bullet and got it. It's light, compact and most importantly it's comfortable. I've used it with 2 kids now and both have slept incredibly in it compared to others.

Purchased in August 2018.

KirstyMatt
KirstyMattPerth, WA

Best travel cot!!

After having used multiple portacots over the years with my 3 children, this one is hands down the absolute best!! Easy to assemble and fold down, easy to clean and super light and compact! Mattress is perfect! I actually wish I found out about this one with my first child onwards... not my 3rd! But better late than never!!

Purchased in March 2020.

Angela S.
Angela S.Sydney, NSW

The very best - worth the expense

Purchased in December 2018 for $399.

Jimmy Augustine
Jimmy AugustineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing

It is really useful and we r very happy with this.The main advantage is it’s easy to carry and light weight,my baby girl sleeping with this comfortably and very glad to see that.

Kez
KezSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Portacot

So glad I purchased this portacot, I did A LOT of research and this was by far the best. It is easy to assemble and pack up and put away. The mattress is comfy but just right in line with the standards, my baby girl sleeps perfect in it each time. A cot fitted sheet fits the mattress you just got to tuck it under which you can with no hassle and even a blanket tucks under. The price through Bubs and Grubs is a bonus too. So happy with my purchase and I would recommend this portacot to any mum and dad.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bubs n Grubs Online store.

Smart shopping tips to help you make the most of Black Friday sales

Clara V.

Clara V.14 Feb 2022
Natalie
NatalieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Must have for travel

So easy to set up and pack up, light weight, aesthetically pleasing and my baby slept through the night every night of our 3 week holiday in it. Highly recommended for a travel cot!

Purchased in December 2019.

Ease of Assembly
James

The best travel cot we've tried.

Packing and unpacking a travel cot can be a total pain, up there with fiddly child seats, complicated high chairs etc.. The Baby Bjorn travel cot is the easiest travel cot we have used - easy to set up, easy to take down, and easy to fit into its travel bag. It's light, sturdy, and our kids have never had any trouble falling asleep in it, even at the age of 3 when we still use it on holidays. This cot is in my opinion the very best travel cot around, and I would recommend it highly.

Purchased in March 2017 for $200.

Sarah S.
Sarah S.Perth, WA

So simple and easy

Travelled around the Kimberley a few weeks ago and took this travel cot we absolutely loved it took no time setting up and putting back the mattress is on the floor but provides better support and Firmness then are brands of portablecots

Purchased in June 2019 for $398.

Quality Assured
Quality AssuredPerth, WA

The BEST travel cot

I have erected at least 20 different travel cots in my time as a parent. This cot is high quality and so easy to assemble and disassemble. We took it travelling around Europe and it was a god-send! I cannot recommend it enough!

Purchased in March 2017 at David Jones Retail Stores for $499.

N Nguyen
N NguyenSydney

Our best investment

It is expensive but this is one of our best investment. We bought a near new second hand one for a bit cheaper than the full price. The cot is easy to assemble, light weight but is stable. We have used it for 12 trips since our baby was 4 month old. He is 2 year old now and always had good sleep in it. He attempted to climb out but never succeed (he is about 87cm now).

Purchased in August 2017 for $220.

UncleRico
UncleRicoSouth East Queensland, QLD

The mattress is actually soft like a mattress!

The mattress is actually soft like a mattress, unlike every other portable cot that feels like cardboard! And you can even replace the mattress. We had a urine leak problem, and I discovered that the whole thing can be easily taken apart and cleaned, and the mattress can even be removed and you could replace it (which is probably against the recommendations, but it's just eggshell foam). Also, it's super easy to take down and put up again - no more searching for instructions on YouTube every time you need to pack up a portable cot! We bought an older model serving hand recently, and it looks like it will last well with use, with solid construction.

Muk
MukBallarat

Perfect

This has been a sensational thing to have for the first 12 months and counting. We've used it in hotels, friends houses, and in a tent. It folds up and down in seconds. Fits easily into the bag without needing to take sheets off. It fits onto the floor of the car between the front seat and the baby seat.

Irene
IreneMelbourne

Couldn't ask for more

This was a lifesaver. My little one is used to sleeping on her own cot.

Then we needed to travel overseas, and as a mum, I want her to be comfortable and make her sleep environment as close as possible to what we have at home. Then I cam across this travel cot and it ticked all the boxes for me. it is super light, and little one sleeps well in it. It is just too pricey but if you use it often then it will offset it eventually. Now we always bring it around during travels.

You can also sense the quality is really good, it is not flimsy like other cheaper ones and you are at ease knowing that your little one will be safe using it.

Vish&Rhea J.
Vish&Rhea J.asked

Hi, is there a way to boost the mattress or add another that fits? I’m only 5foot and really struggling to place my baby in and pick him up easily.

Jessica H.asked

Does the sheet made for the cot have holes for the safety hooks to be able to attach to the mattress?

Thank you!!

the wonderer
the wondererasked

Has this particular cot caused any infant deaths?

See all BabyBjorn Travel Cot questions

Get an answer from our members and BabyBjörn representatives

Features:

• The BabyBjorn Travel Cot Light is suitable for newborns to children up to around 3 years of age (or until your child can climb out of it).
  • The portacot weighs 6kg and can be set up in one movement, making it easy to carry and assemble - that’s one less travel-related stress.
  • It complies with EN 716 safety standard for folding cribs and national fire safety requirements.
  • Machine-washable fabrics are used in the cot’s construction, making them simple to be kept clean for your baby’s hygiene and safety.
  • An airy, mesh design also lets your baby look out, keeping them entertained while you go about your day. The breathable design also helps keep your bub more comfortable and happy.
  • You can also purchase an additional fitted sheet that is tailor-made for the cot.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the BabyBjorn Travel Cot was light, compact, easy to transport and was suitable for all kinds of travel - be it international flights, long road trips, or short stays away.
  • They also appreciated how easy the portacot was to assemble and take apart.
  • According to reviewers, the mattress is also soft and comfortable. Many reviewers noted that their children slept soundlessly on it.
CategoryPortacots