Star Kidz Amico Portacot

4.9

47 reviews · Statistics

100% · 470%

Safety
Great size for travel and storage
Simple to set up
Durable design
See the Best Portacots in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sophie F
Sophie F
  Fair Incentive Verified

Great value for money

Great value for money! Only reason I haven’t given it 5 stars is because I find the poles for the legs to be tricky to get in and out of high is not the best when you’ve got a toddler running round as you’re trying to do it. Other than that, it’s a steal (I got it on sale). Great mattress and really light Show details
Zita S
Zita SNSWSydney, NSW5 posts

Wendy
WendyVICGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts
  Fair Incentive

Best safe place for baby to sleep

I really LOVE this portacot as its one of the safest place for little one to sleep. Its very easy to assemble especially for a pettite like me. I like the idea of the side access as it helps me with placing my LO to sleep easily. Already recommended this to my family and friends. Show details ·  1
Kate G.
Kate G.Victoria2 posts

Perfect, exactly as described

The Portacot was posted quickly and arrived quickly which I was thankful for as we live in regional Victoria and I was worried it wouldn’t arrive before we needed it. The mattress feels comfy for our baby and it’s really easy to set up. Show details
Amy W.
Amy W.

Such a great portacot!!

This portacot is so great! Well worth the cost!
The mattress is a great thickness, so nice and comfortable for baby, easy to setup/pack down, good size packed up and nice and light. The zipper on the front feature has been so useful while camping, for putting Bub in for a sleep after a feed.
The only thing that could be improved on is the zipper on the bag broke and could be a bit more heavy duty. But other than that this is a perfect portacot!! Show details ·  1
Rebecca
Rebecca

Perfect and safe portacot

This portacot meets international standards so can be used for long term use. It is easy to set up and it includes sheets. Love the zipper side access - so clever! Show details ·  1
Vanessa L.
Vanessa L.2 posts

Great portacot

Great portacot, really good mattress. After trying a few different ones and looking around everywhere it was great to finally find a portacot with a decent mattress. Easy to set up and put away and fits back into carry bag easily too. Love the zip on the side for easy access so you don’t have to lean down inside the cot Show details ·  1
Ann
AnnNSWSydney, NSW

Perfect for us

This portacot is perfect for me as I am a Grandma. I don’t have to bend over to pick up my grandson just unzip the side and he crawls out. It is easy to set up and pack away and when packed away it’s small enough to fit into a wardrobe. Show details ·  1
Alysse S.
Alysse S.

Excellent travel cot

The Amico cot is incredibly easy to set up and pack down. The zip side has been a life saver for our backs, which is an issue we face with most other portacots. It is light enough for us to happily travel with, and our bigger 8 month old has plenty of room. The quality feels great, especially at such an affordable price. We were hesitant to purchase after reading the Choice review on safety, but the mattress feels firm and secure and we feel comfortable using it with our bub. Show details ·  1
JULIANNE REDENBACH
JULIANNE REDENBACHQLDFar North Queensland, QLD

This is perfect for my Grandson’s sleepovers

Easy to put together. Very compact for travelling I mostly use it for when I take care of my gorgeous grandson. He loves it! The zip in the side of the cot is the best. Easy to get baby in or out without waking them. The mattress is soft and comfy. There are no negatives about this product…it’s just perfect! Show details
Simon S.
Simon S.
  Fair Incentive

Best portacot ever super comfortable

Star Kidz Amico Portacot our little man loves it it’s got a super comfortable mattress easy setup and pack up awesome service super fast delivery we paid for it on Tuesday and had it by Thursday thanks

So our boy is nearly 3 now still sleeps so well in this cot still the best cot so easy to set up he and put away side zip is great

Phoebe
PhoebeNSWSydney, NSW2 posts

Perfect travelcot

This travelcot arrived quickly (less than 48 hours after ordering it from Nanny Annie) which was a massively lovely surprise. Ever since we’ve received it, it’s been fantastic. The weight is only 5.2kg so it’s super light. It’s got a free mattress sheet that comes with it. The mattress is comfy for baby which is another added bonus. The fact it can also be compactly packed away is another benefit. It’s supposed to closely resemble the Baby Bjorn travelcot but for a fraction of the price! We’ll be using this cot when on holidays overseas soon and test it out whilst travelling but so far, so good! Can’t recommend this cot enough. Get it if you want a comfy, light and sturdy bed for your little one. Show details
Trish
TrishNSWSydney, NSW

Great Travel Cot

Love this portacot. We’re heading overseas and needed a portacot that’s both lightweight and durable. It’s easy to carry, great case, and easy to assemble as well. The mattress is nice and comfortable and comes with a case. Love the fact that you can open it on the side so you don’t have to bend too much when putting bub down asleep. I highly recommended this product! Show details
Varia
Varia3 posts

Kate
KateVictoria

The perfect portacot

I love this portacot, having the side zip open is great to help settle my son instead of leaning over it, when folded nice and compact and light so easy to travel with and not take up much space in car. Show details

Amanda
Amanda

Would this be suitable for an almost 2 year old? Would love to hear from those who have similar aged babies in these cots and whether they have enough room. Thanks!

Star Kidz   DM

Hi Amanda, Yes, the Amico cot is suitable for babies and children aged 0-3 yrs maximum weight 13Kgs (whichever comes first). It wouldn't last your child long as the baby will cross the weight limit.

MsFixIt

Are any of the fabric parts removable for washing?

Star Kidz   DM

Hi, Yes, the Amico mesh is removable and washable. However, gentle handwash is recommended.

Pete_Repeat

So after reading the choice report on portacots, I'm assuming the mattress is likely of question for safety and suffocation. Judging by one review saying it's "NOT thin and stiff like some of the more expensive ones", I suspect they have made it soft for comfort rather than safety. Also I suspect putting things under it to make it flat will also increase the chance of suffocation.

Pete_Repeat

So does the mattress meet AS/NZS 2195:2010. Specifically the 2010 version, not the 1999 version.

Pete_Repeat

It seems it does. Do you have any comments on the choice report which showed a lot of concerns with nearly all these portacots? This has raised concerns for me. Happy to do that via email if you prefer.

Features:

• The Star Kidz Amico Portacot is suitable for babies and children from ages 0 through to 3, and has a maximum load weight of 13kgs - so you can use it until whichever comes first.
  • Safety is paramount with this travel cot, as it meets Australian/New Zealand Safety Standard AS/NZS 2195: 2010 - this updated standard meets the requirements of the 1999 standard with the extra voluntary 2010 standard of having breathable fabrics in the cot.
  • The portacot has mesh sides, making it fully ventilated so your baby can breathe.
  • It has a zip open side so you can easily put your child to bed and let them out without straining your back.
  • Included with the cot is a large padded mattress base and a fitted cotton sheet - a mattress and a sheet made to fit the cot is not only easier to set up and carry around, but poses less of a suffocation risk than parts not specially designed for the cot. This model has tabs that secure the mattress in place underneath the base, giving it an added layer of safety.
  • The cot is made from OEKO-textiles and are free from harmful substances, so you can be rest assured that your child is having a safe, hygienic sleep.
  • In its carry bag, the portacot weighs just under 5.2kg, making it simple to transport around.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the portacot was lightweight and the perfect size for travelling and storing away.
  • They also appreciated how easy it was to set up.
  • The firm, sturdy frame was also praised, with reviewers stating that the cot was quite durable.

Extra Information