Philips Digital Tuning Clock Radio AJ3123/79

Philips Digital Tuning Clock Radio AJ3123/79 Questions & Answers

16 questions from our users

MargaretP

MargaretPasked

My clock is randomly turning on the radio several times throughout the night . Its only 3 days old . Any assistance ?

Philips S.Philips

Hello Margaret, thank you for reaching out to us. We understand that this must be frustrating. We recommend you to call our product team: 08 8338 5540 for Australia and 0800 639 953 for New Zealand. They're available from Monday to Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST.

Tim

Timasked

My alarm randomly switched from radio to buzzer mode and I cannot switch it back. None of the buttons are responding. Any ideas?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Tim, thanks for reaching out. We're sorry to hear that your alarm has been having a will of its own. We can imagine that's not ideal. We haven't heard of this before, and therefore we kindly recommend you to reach out to our product specialists. You're able to reach our Australian team at 1300 850 633, while our colleagues from New Zealand can be contacted via the following phone number 0800 639 953. Please feel free to contact our customer care on Facebook or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) as well.

Rachel

Rachelasked

How do you change the am to pm?

Harbyasked

How do I stop the volume increasing when the radio comes on with the alarm? This is SOOOOO frustrating. Please don’t tell me to call a number for advice. I am NZ and need a written response please.

Michael H
Michael H

This is my problem with this product. I eventually spoke to someone from Philips, and the answer is, you can't stop it. Ridiculous, but that's the way it is. I simply have the beep alarm come on each day, and manually switch over to radio.

Harby

You are kidding! This is ridiculous. That's the end on my Philips buying days.

MJ V.

MJ V.asked

Can I change the volume of the alarm? The beep-beeps. I want it louder. Thank you.

Philips S.Philips

Thank you for your question. On page 11 of the manual, it is mentioned that you cannot change the volume of the alarm manually. This link will guide you to the manual: http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/a/aj3123_79/aj3123_79_dfu_eng.pdf. Hope this informs you enough. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Mieke

Miekeasked

how do you reset the clock. !!!! Your instruction manual is very hard to understand.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Mieke. Thank you for reaching out to us. We regret hearing you find the manual hard to understand, although we're glad you contacted us about this. You can reset the device by unplugging it, leaving it unplegged for approximately 15 minutes, and plug it back in after. Your clock radio will then be reset. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Joy99

Joy99asked

Hi, mine shows no display since yesterday....is it dead? Ive plugged it elsewhere to check, but still it doesnt light up :( Thank u for any advice. Joy

Philips S.Philips

Hi Joy. We regret hearing your digital clock radio stopped working. Good that you've already tried disconnecting it and plugging it into another outlet, although we had hoped on better results! We'd like for you to get in contact with our product specialists, which you can reach on the following numbers: 1300 850 633 if you're based in Australia, or 0800 639 953 if you're based in New Zealand. Our representatives over there will make sure to look into this further. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

junjian

junjianasked

mine does not show the time any more. It only shows - - : - -. Any help?

Philips S.Philips

That's strange! Have you tried resetting the clock? That might do the trick and bring the time back. If not, we'd like to refer you to our product specialists who'll be happy to look for other possible solutions. You can reach out to them on 1300 850 633 if you're based in Australia or 0800 639 953 if you're based in New Zealand.

Roslifarid

Roslifaridasked

How do i slowdown radio volume or it just adjust to standard volume level?

Hi Roslifarid,

You should be able to adjust the volume of the radio with the two buttons on top, on the right side of the device.
Through this link, you'll find a picture of the unit with the volume buttons indicated. :)

Hope this helps!

Betty M

Betty Masked

How can I change the radio station from Fm to Am

As far as I know it is only a FM Radio

Hi Betty,

Thanks for your question. You can only listen to FM radio with this device. :) We hope this answers your question.

Have a nice day, Betty!

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Szoradi

Szoradiasked

I have a D3602 FTD Electric Clock Radio (that's what it says on the top). And I see am and pm in the display but I can't turn it on. How do I switch to the 12-hour format and disable the 24-hour format?

Hi Szoradi,

Thanks for getting in touch with us. This clock radio only has a 24-hour clock. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us on 1300 850 633 if you are in Australia.

Isla M

Isla Masked

I have an issue with mine in that when I set time, alarm etc within a couple of hours it just flat lines and loses all the settings I've put in. Its over a year old but I had not used it until now and really its useless as it does not retain the settings and not sure why? has anyone else got this problem?

Hi Isla,

That sounds rather odd. We'd recommend you to get in touch with our product specialists in this case. If you're in Australia, please call 1300 363 391 to contact them. They might be able to assist you further with this.

Suda
Suda

I've got the same problem. Since yesterday I cannot get the clock to show the numbers. It shows flat horizontal lines. However when I switch to the radio, it shows the numbers correctly and I can tune the channels, so I guess there is nothing wrong with the display, but I think the the clock is busted. If there is a way to get it back, please let me know. It's not even a year since I brought this product, what a shame to a renowned brand like Philips.
Regards,
Suda email removed]

darl

darlasked

how does one turn off the radio and have it return to the time when not in alarm mode?

happy eco

I just press on the radio button. it is at the top left side. It will say radio on/off. So by pushing on this button you can turn on or off the radio when not in alarm mode.
Hope this helps.

Hi there,

If we understand the question correctly, there is indeed a button on the top left which switches the radio on and off.

Kind Regards

Prasad
Prasad

Whenever you have back up batteries in your radio, you can switch the radio on/off and it will always show the correct time.

Anton Hunter

Anton Hunterasked

I have had this for several months and it keeps randomly resetting itself. This can be after several days or only a few minutes after being set. Backup batteries make no difference. I have tried a different power point with the same results. I have recycled the box and receipt so the retailer would not even swap it for another unit. Is there a manual reset or something I could try? Or should i just recycle the clock radio too?

PhilipsPhilips

Hey Anton,

Thank you for your question on Product Review.
We've looked into this with our experts and they've concluded that it does seem to be a defect. However we want to see if there's anything we could still do for you. Could you maybe look up the serial number of your AJ3123/79 and provide us with that alongside with your Email address and phone number? It might be best to send that to us in a private message through Facebook for privacy reasons.

Thanks in advance!

brian
brian

It cost me 30 dollars which I regret - I'd recommend ditch the piece of fancy looking electronic item - pay more money and buy a better alarm clock y

Naesasked

Why would philips be so silly to make a clock only 24hr time?

Philips S.Philips

Hello, we're sorry if the radio is not as you expected. If you have any questions or troubles, feel free to ask.

John Gerrie
John Gerrie

I bought model AJ 3232, also only 24hr clock. Taking it straight back to the retailer.

Naes

Crazy they are still making them.

Murray

Murrayasked

Can you set the time on this model AJ3123/79 clock radio for 12 hour clock rather than the 24 lock format?

kenfran
kenfran

Murray I have just had a look at it is 24 hours. To be actually frank there are much better clocks on the market and since writing the review I reached the point where I just put this clock in the cupboard. It is very frustrating to use at times

Jessica W.Philips

Hi Murray,

This clock radio AJ3123/79 has only 24 hour format, however we do have other options in our range http://bit.ly/1l8w6U6.

Kind Regards,
Philips Sound Team ANZ

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives