Philips All-In-One-Cooker HD2238/72

VerifiedMPNs:825631 and HD2238/72

8 reviews · Statistics

75% · 62 · 25%

Product is used
  • Several times a week (5)
Slow Cooking
Steaming
Pressure Cooking
Sautéing
Rice Cooking
See the Best Slow Cookers in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Tassie girl
Tassie girlTASHobart, TAS

Very Disappointed, purchased this because of size, no custom setting and slow cooker 1 level only, will be returning

I purchased this last week due to the larger size, I already have a Breville -5.7 litre which has a custom setting and 2 levels for slow cooking. Reading before I purchased this I thought it had 2 levels for slow cooking but it doesnt, there is no custom setting and the preset times you cannot go down (only increase in time) which is pathetic as I find rissotto cooks in my breville in 4-5 minutes once to pressure, this is 20 minutes, i can only imagine what a soggy claggy mess it would be, I made pea and ham soup tonight which turned out undercooked, tried to cook it again and it just stuck to bottom of pan 1cm deep brown burnt, waste of money, will be returning as so hard to use compared to the Breville. Show details
Mary M.
Mary M.NSWSydney, NSW

JuneeVeeVICCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC12 posts

A bigger version of great!

I've had two of the 6 litre models of Philips All in One for some years now and absolutely love them. The latest, 8 litre is just as good and has a couple of new features I particularly enjoy: the cord inlet slightly off to the side (rather than right round the back) means the cord stretches further to plug in. And the sauce thickening function is excellent. I love the tough coating of the new-look pro-ceramic inner pot - much hardier than the old version in the 6 litre models. And the extra power means sauteing is quick and crisp, and pressure is reached really quickly. For big cook ups, a clean kitchen and a stress-free cooking experience, you can't go past this model. Show details ·  1
Wendy Backhous
Wendy BackhousNSWMid North Coast, NSW3 posts

Great machine perfect size for batch cooking

I have enjoyed cooking with this machine love the ability to saute in one pot then cook and sauce thickening setting is good. I find it hard to convert recipes as I cant adjust the slow cooker temperature. can you tell me if the set temperature is equivalent to the low or high setting of other slow cookers. Thank you Show details ·  1
Slow Cooking
Steaming
Pressure Cooking
Sautéing
Zak A.
Zak A.NSWSydney, NSW

How did I go so many years without this product??

I’ve had the 8L Philips all in one and it has made cooking so easy. From fall off the bone lamb shanks to tender massaman beef curry and rice, this can do it all so easily.

The only thing I couldn’t figure out is how to select high or low temperature for the slow cooking function. It appears to only have one setting.

Is there a way to select high or low temp for this model? Show details ·  1

Alex
AlexNSWSydney, NSW14 posts
Osakamoo
OsakamooNSWSydney, NSW3 posts

It’s amazing! Saves so much time in the kitchen

It’s an amazing machine to have in the kitchen. I previously have the smaller model and this one heats up even quicker. It’s larger size is wonderful especially for steaming and cake tins. The extra functions such as sauce thickening and hotpot have been good. It also preheats quite quickly and comes to pressure quickly. I really have enjoyed using it in the kitchen.  Show details
Deedee66
Deedee66QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Lesley
Lesley

Where can I buy replacement gasket seal for my 8 litre all in one cooker

JuneeVee

Statewide Appliances - here: https://www.statewideapp.com.au/philips/pressure-cookers/gasket-seal?ModelNoId=1422360

Philips Domestic Appliances   DM

That's correct. :) Thanks for helping out Junee.

Joan T
Joan T

I have an 8 cm high cake tin. Can i put it on the trivet supplied. It means its only just below height of inner bowl

ihorton
ihorton

I accidentally damaged my multi cooker and had to purchase a new one, so I bought the bigger size. I'm now left with the stainless steel and the non-stick pots for the smaller version and would like to be able to use them rather than just putting them in the bin. Can they be used on stovetop or oven? Could I offer them to someone on this forum who maybe needs a new pot? Seems like such a waste!

JuneeVee

Unfortunately they are not suitable for stove top use.

CategorySlow Cookers, Multi Cookers and Pressure Cookers