Closest shave

I recently purchased my third phillips shaver and this is the best one yet. It gave a nice quick clean shave. Battery life was a little less than usual with around 15 shaves per charge. I use shaver every morning and expect it will go well while travelling as have the others. It is easily cleaned in seconds and it dries quicker than previous shavers which had a tendency to retain water internally.
Thoroughly recommend it. It may have been of greater benefit to me as I have been using the same type of razor for over ten years which has allowed my skin to adapt.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $109.00.

Causes Irritation No
Razor BurnNo
Performance
Shave Closeness
Dry Shave
Battery Life

Disappointed

Firstly I'll state that my review might be a bit jaded as I was talked into this shaver over the one I intended to purchase in store, so not happy with myself for that happening either I guess. Also missed my chance to send t back under the 90 days trial due to when it was purchased versus where I was working.

Anyway, to the review:
On the box its called a "protective shave" this is marketing speak for it doesn't give you a close shave as far as I can tell, as to actually get all the hair, especially around my neck it takes twice as long and I get nearly as much redness as my 16 year old Philips 6885 (only replacing it due to the battery doesn't hold charge & the power cable is disintegrating).
Well, for a wet and dry shaver, it doesn't even work well when its humid (glad I don't live somewhere where it is humid a lot).
After every time you turn the shaver on the "wash me light comes on", even if only for 1 second, so why bother? People are either going to clean it or they aren't, time would have been better spend turning on the battery light when the power drops (you can hear the note of the shaver change), rather than when the battery has run down fully. I guess its so that you don't feel like your always charging it, but I'd rather be charging it than shaving with it.
Doesn't come with anything to house the trimmer which you inter change with the shaving head.

Hi Ralph, Thank you for taking the time to write down your experiences. We truly appreciate it! However, we regret hearing that you’re experiencing some difficulties with your AquaTouch Wet and Dry. Especially from a loyal customer like yourself, that’s not what we would like to hear! It usually takes about 30 days before your skin gets used to a new shaver. But as we know that you’ve already used the shaver for more than 90 days, we’d recommend making small circular movements with the shaver, because small circular movements ensure that the hairs are approached from different directions. It would also help if you do this while applying gentle pressure. Lastly, we always advise to pre-trim your longer stubble if you haven’t shaved in a while. We’d also like to thank you for your feedback about the battery light. We agree that this would be a good idea. So we’re grateful that you’ve shared this with us. You’re welcome to reach out to us at: 1300 363 391 if you have any further feedback to share. Thank you. The Philips Australia Team

See all Philips Shaver Series 5000 reviews