Philips Shaver Series 5000

Philips Shaver Series 5000

S5050/06, S5420/06, S5070/06, etc...

Brett

BrettGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointing from a previously reliable shaver company

Purchased in March 2017 at Shaver Shop Physical store for $199.00.

Wet Shave

TV ad skeptic

TV ad skepticSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not effective at shaving in my experience

I bought this product using travel insurance after my bag was stolen overseas. I have used Phillips electric shavers since the early 1980s and this model was available in the store at the time I needed one. Unfortunately it manages to cut my skin but not shave effectively (I have to get a mirror and scissors to get the bits it misses).

Purchased in September 2017 at David Jones Retail Stores for $99.95.

Causes Irritation Yes
Razor BurnYes
BobR

BobRPerth, WA

Closest shave

I recently purchased my third phillips shaver and this is the best one yet. It gave a nice quick clean shave. Battery life was a little less than usual with around 15 shaves per charge. I use shaver every morning and expect it will go well while travelling as have the others. It is easily cleaned in seconds and it dries quicker than previous shavers which had a tendency to retain water internally.
Thoroughly recommend it. It may have been of greater benefit to me as I have been using the same type of razor for over ten years which has allowed my skin to adapt.

Purchased in July 2019 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $109.00.

stuff

stuffCanberra 2600, ACT

So far a good little shaver

Purchased in August 2019 at Costco ACT, Canberra for $159.00.

Nicholas R.

Nicholas R.Perth, WA

This is crap

I have done a review on this product already, on youtube. It doesn't even cut my hairs and wont clean using that "all-in-one" cleaner. It wouldn't even cut the shorter hairs. It takes me 30minutes+ every time I shave and I always end up getting the hand held to finish it off. The instructions were pathetic. Very expensive shaver for a very poor result.

Purchased in May 2018.

Causes Irritation Yes
Wet Shave

John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very disappointing model

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys Physical store for $80.00.

SirLes

SirLesMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent shaver at a good price

Purchased in December 2018 at for $149.00.

Dodzee

DodzeeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Very good shaver at a reasonable price

I replace this shaver of $140.00 with an S9000 series of $499.00 and it is fantastic, and I can fell the difference between the 2 shavers since I have been using a philishave foe the last 50+ years

Purchased in February 2019 at Myer Retail Stores for $140.00.

Anna09

Anna09SYDNEY

After struggling to make my teenager to shave with a manual shaver I bought him Philips AquaTouch S5050. Now we have one less argument at home and one very clean shaven teenager. Very easy to use, doesn't irritate the skin, produces really clean shave and very easy to clean (even for a teenager!).

JoeSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Does the Job

I use this shaver every day. does a reasonable job Dry, and a better job wet. Not really happy with the separate trimmer. battery time is reasonable... but recharge takes 8 hours.
I have a tough growing stubble, so it does the job. at least I don't get cut as with a razor.
this is my 3rd Philips, my At 890 wet dry was just ok; it died after 3 years , however my HQ7380/B dry shaver is still going after 5 years, have replaced cutting blades twice, And is my back up.

All in all pretty good for the price.

Joe

Hi, misunderstanding; don't want stubble after each use. I have a tough beard growth. and, the shaver deals with it well enough.

New DadPerth, WA

best used dry

this is my first electric shaver after using razors for 20 years so i cant compare it with other electric shavers. after having it for 2 weeks. i found it is best used dry without shaving cream. it will also leave some strands that you can redo over until it gets it or just finish it off with a razor. i like that it is water proof and it does not take forevef to charge. i like how it is light weight and easy to clean. and finally, i like how the skin is protected well from cuts

New Dad

still need to finish it off with a regular razor every now and then

EhLouey

EhLoueyEltham North

Not a bad shaver could be better

Not as described on paper, better as a wet shaver, at times accidentally switching off while saving. The actual head is a little large and doesn’t quite shave properly. Unfortunate.

Don't bother.

Bob41Southern and Hills, SA

Very Disappointed

I have always used philips shavers, 50yrs, This Model is a Huge Backward step in performance compared to all models previous, the only plus is that it is Gentle on the skin. But leaves much stubble & is very time consuming to get a Good Result. I Have persevered now for 5 months.

Bob41

Yep the Phillips 1300 Number was Most Helpfull Not, They Told me to Return it to the Retailer. Which I Did (useless)

Ralph

RalphSouthwest, VIC

Disappointed

Rita

RitaNewcastle

The product is pretty handy

The product is pretty handy. But I didn't find something special about it. It works well but not superior to other Phillips shaver. The heads only tilt in one direction.

Rocky

RockySydney

Poor results from Philips Aquatouch 5420

Muzzie1993

Muzzie1993AU

Review of shaver

I got this shaver to have a shave it’s great and I use it every day it cost 78$ I got additional warranty by registering online and it comes with a shaver attachment

Pablo

Pablobrisbane

Fancy looking but doesn't work

After 5 weeks of trail i have had to religate this shaver into the cupboard never to be used again.
This shaver has twice the cutting area, half the speed and takes twice as long to achieve half as good a job as my 20 year old remington. I have tried using it wet and dry, wet is more comfortable but the results are the same...poor.
I expected a lot more from phillips but they have focussed more on gimmicks and styling rather than performance.
Not sure why i bought a wet/dry shaver anyway the whole idea of an electric shaver is convenience and portability and not have to be bothered with wetting ones face.

Bijay

BijayMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Only good for cutting short hair

It can't do more than one day beard, on top of that you have to run several times on the same spot to get good results very disappointed.
Well Good things are:
-Fast charge
- Wet shaving is a good feature
- Easy to clean: just rinse under tap

Jasper

Jasperasked

Can the rechargeable battery be changed on philips shavers?

New Dad

I dont think so. there is nothing in the manual about changing the battery. the unit is sealed and cannot be openned

Allen

No idea, but the Australian contact details can be found at Philips.com.au Is it still within the warranty period (2 years)?

Philips S.Philips

Hi again, Jasper. :-) We looked into it for you, and we found that, unfortunately, the battery cannot be exchanged. We're sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Please let us know if you have any other questions, we're always happy to help!

Jasper

Jasperasked

I have aphilips aquatouch wet and dry shaver(s5420/06). The click-on head keeps coming off while I am shaving.It is actually the whole head (the part which you remove to click on the trimmer accessory).It seems it is too loose. My shaver is guaranteed for two years and I have used it just over a year.I have always used philips shaver which always lasts several years but I am disappointed with this one. Can anything be done?

New Dad

i never had this problem. maybe something is broken in the latching mechanism or maybe you need to push it in tighter. if it is still under warranty, send it back to them

Allen

If you have your purchase docket/receipt, contact Philips and should it be broken they should be able to supply a new head. Note that the head needs to be clipped on at the back properly or it will not go on/stay on. Even if you don't have the necessary proof of purchase, contact them and see if they will help you. Do you remember if you registered with them for warranty after the purchase?

Australian contact details can be found at Philips.com.au

Philips S.Philips

Hi Jasper, thanks for bringing this to our attention and for sharing your experiences. We regret hearing that they have not been the best ones, though. Of course, the head's not supposed to come loose that easily, so we'd like to help you towards resolving this. :-) We recommend you to get in touch with the product specialists, so they can closely look into this. You can reach them via 0800 658 224 (NZ) or 1300 363 391 (AU). We hope the issues will be resolved soon!

NWa

NWaasked

I have been looking for the head replacement for my partner and am having trouble. Am I able to get links to buy or shop to buy it from? I went to the shaver shop was told they don't sell it and it's an old model (despite being only 2 years old or less).

kameleon872000
kameleon872000

Sounds a bit strange, I usually go to my local Shaver Shop, or failing that search online eg Amazon/eBay. I found a site called the Shaver Hut which did stock hard to find replacement shaver heads. Also, try the Philips website.

Hi there,

We understand that it is inconvenient if you have a hard time finding replacement blades. We advise you to reach out to our product specialists on 1300 363 391 if you're located in Australia or 0800 658 224 if you're in New Zealand. Our specialists will be happy to help you further in your search!

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives