Philips HR7778/03

• Safety

Msafy

MsafyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disappointed

Heard a lot about the product. The chopper is great but blender started leaking in a year of using, and machine heats up while blending or in chopper function. The blade attachement of blender comes off easily so i had to stop using it but machine still heats up while chopping. Very disappointed. Lost the warranty, otherwise could have file a repair or replacement.

Purchased in June 2017 for $210.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Used for: Dips & Condiments, Ground Meat and Soups

Aya

AyaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointing.

The smoothie attachment is rubbish. I have had this blender for almost 4 years and barely used the smoothie function because the blade attachment always detaches from the smoothie bowl. I bought a new blade thinking it was the blade. It actually got worse with the new blade. I contacted Phillip's only to be told different foods needs different blending times. That doesnt make sense. When you make a smoothie you just put all the ingredients in and blend. So disappointed. I will never buy Phillips' appliances again.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Disappointed with the blender

The food processor and attachments are great, but after 12 months of use the bottom of the blender has become loose while using it. I was able to save my smoothie the first time and then I made sure the blender was screwed together properly, but the next time I used it and tried to take the blender off the base my smoothie spilled through the bottom and into the unit. It seems that taking the blender off the base unscrews the blender blades which could be unsafe. If that was fixed it would be a great product.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Disappointed.

The blender started leaking from underneath so I stopped using that application, which was very disappointing as then I barely used it. Unfortunately my teenage daughter used the blender to make a smoothie and when she lifted the blender from the base the blades dropped out of the bottom! Along with the banana smoothie! This is not what I expect from a product costing hundreds of dollars!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

ohauitird3

ohauitird3Perth, WA

Was good - not great but then died

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Philips S.Philips

Powerful motor but dissapointed with the quality of the parts

I love this food processor I first bought one in Peru and used it for a year with no problem. Now that I've moved back to Europe I got the same machine but this one seems to be lower quality. Some parts arrived already scratched and after wiping down the base with a damp cloth than a dry cloth it got all rusty and it wont come off. The store where I bought it wont help so I am a little dissappointed. Can't believe the quality was better in Peru than Europe (especially since I payed way more for it in Europe)

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Very disappointed with Phillips

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Catrina

Hi your team hasn't done anything yet I'm still waiting on my refund

grrahulSydney

Knife/Blade Unit under blender broke, awful customer service

I purchased this about 1.5 years ago (so still under warranty). The main use of this is the blender and the other attachments are rarely used. Recently, the plastic under the blender broke and now can't be used which has effectively made the product useless. I was told 13 days ago by customer care that the "Knife/Blade Unit assy" is out of stock. I emailed them twice since inquiring as to when it will be back in stock but haven't received a reply. It is really appalling behavior for such a large company.

Philips S.Philips

Very poor customer service .

Good product until the middle of the 3.4 litre bowl came loose and now the bowl doesnt work. . Very disappointed when i have spent hours on the phone trying to get a replacement bowl.No help as to where I can get a replacement,tried all numbers of support and still no help or idea where to get one/

Philips S.Philips

Dear Timtam, Sorry to hear the difficulties you have experienced replacing the bowl. We will send you a private message to see how we can help.

Timtam
Timtam

As I said very good product and thankyou for responding so quickly after my review ( finally very helpful service )

Philips S.Philips

Glad to hear that, Timtam. We're here for you! :)

Julie

JulieBendigo

ok but could be better

I purchased one of these from our local good guys. I have used it less than 3 times. today my daughter made toilet cleaning disc's in it and she used thyme oil and the plastic bowl has now gone all weird like the oil has eaten into the plastic where she must have tipped in the oil. A better quality plastic would be great as when I last used the machine the handle almost cracked from trying to twist the bowl off. I am not such a big fan on the mixer attatchments being in 2 parts as ingredients gets stuck under both.
I think I shall be on the look out for a better product

Julz

JulzMildura

Fantastic

I use my food processor all the time, I love it!
The kids dropped the bowl which broke and Phillips were very helpful in helping me find a replacement bowl and at a decent price. Cant wait to get my replacement bowl so I can continue using my food processor.
I do however dislike how when grating there is always a big chunk of whatever im gating left over, and cant seem to grate it all.
Thank you so much Phillips for your great customer service

Franny

FrannyAdelaide

Disappointing Quality

I use my processor only approx once a week, and have had the issue of a burning smell coming from the unit. The first time, six months ago, Philips fixed it, which I appreciated, but it is already happening again, making the machine basically unusable. Disappointing quality for such a big name in appliances.

Perfect

12 months ago I became more health conscious, manually chopping fruit & vegetables to juice. I was given this food processor yesterday for Christmas and am completely amazed at it's diversity , time saving with juicing, chopping and dicing (arthritis and weak hands) and it's so easy to clean. Absolutely thrilled.

Philips S.Philips

That's awesome to hear, Lou. Have a very merry Christmas and enjoy the delicious meals!

Sarah

Sarah

Fantastic

Still lots to learn about how to use but I'm loving it. Maxi juicer is brilliant for carrots oranges celery and watermelon. Chopping food processor is great for tomatoes, onions, potatoes, carrots. Not sure re grater for food processor yet-hubby thinks maybe things get stuck a bit. Blender great for banana milkshake. Still to venture into using other parts like the dough hook.

PhilipsPhilips

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, Sarah! We hope you will still enjoy your food processor for a long time to come.

The Philips Australia team

Elaine

ElainePerth

It is ok for small jobs

I do like my Philips food processor, however, I think for what I want to do-making dough from sprouted buckwheat-half kilo batches, I think I need a more powerful motor than the 1000W.
I have already burnt out one motor and Philips were very happy to replace as It is still under warranty.
I read with food processors, you should buy the most powerful you can afford.:)

Peta

Peta

Works wonders for me

I have been using this food processor for nearly 12 months now. I have used it to make soups, pastry, cakes and and desserts and have been really pleased with the results so far. It's motor is powerful enough for what I need I and I find all of the attachments very useful with the exception of the vegetable slicing attachment blade as I can never get it to slice uniformly, for that reason it loses one star. I was surprised to see the negative reviews here on Product Review though. I would recommend it for family cooking.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Peta. Thanks for submitting the review. And for the kind words about this device. Useful information, about the vegetable slicer we mean. Thanks for making us aware of it.

natski stantonAU

Great Motor but not quality parts

natski stanton

received a new bowl and lid, thank you

BR

BRMelbourne

Died within 5 mins!

I think this is a great machine - in theory! It actually died before we had the chance to try it out. The motor just stopped working before I even grated my first carrot and I am more than disappointed! We will return it to the store, however, I'm very doubtful if I'll get the same machine again!! A different brand might be better value after all.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank you for your review. We're sorry to read your machine died, and we understand your disappointment. We would like to get in touch with you, could you please give us a call at 1300 363 391 so we can discuss further? Thanks!

Will never buy another Philips product!! Appalling customer service!!

Purchased this multi-function food processor just over 12 months ago and we loved it... for a couple of months until the motor started to smell burnt during operation. After weeks of trying to get a response from Philips, we sent it away (At our expense) and received a replacement base. A few months later, the same thing starts to happen along with some attachments wearing out, cracking etc. Try to contact Philips... again limited response. Constant emails not being responded to.... not calling back for weeks at a time. Customer service does not exist at Philips

Philips S.Philips

You've got to be kidding!!! The last thing I will be doing is wasting my time dealing with your company's "customer service" again!

nomin86mn

nomin86mnUlaanbaatar, Mongolia

Bit noisy

Comparing to other food processors, bit noisy.
Still can't figure out whether the bowl modeled HR3916 is suitable to my HR7778 since i burnt the cowl came with it accidentally. Philips customer service doesn't really help to solve issue.

Anna G

Anna Gasked

Hi, are the accessories for HR7778 (such as the juicer attachment and blender attachment) suitable for the model HR7774?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Anna. Thank you for your question. We're afraid these will not fit, as both are from different ranges. The HR7778 is out of the Avance Collection, and the HR7774 is out of the Pure Essentials Collection. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us. We're available on Facebook, Twitter (@PhilipsCare) or on 1300 363 391 (AU) or 0800 658 224 (NZ). Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Ros

Rosasked

How i can get the spare part (blender jug ) Philips HR7778? Or a those model can replacement with other model spare part and what the series? Thx

Philips S.Philips

Hi Ros, thanks for reaching out. We regret hearing that you are facing issues with your blender jug. Please do reach out to our team on the phone for the available spare parts on 1300 363 391 (AU - Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) or 0800 658 224 (NZ- Mondays to Saturdays: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm). Our team on the line is more than happy to help you further.

Adel

Adelasked

I have an issue with my unit it simply does not turn on, it keeps blinking orange light whenever I turn to ON or even at P and I cant seem to get my answer from the User Manual. I dont know what happened to it it simply stopped working. Any help?

Philips S.Philips

Hello there, thanks for asking and we like to see how we can help. We advise you to call the below number (if you are based in Australia) for further assistance:

1300 363 391

Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Download manual