Philips HR7778/03

Philips HR7778/03

Disappointing.

The smoothie attachment is rubbish. I have had this blender for almost 4 years and barely used the smoothie function because the blade attachment always detaches from the smoothie bowl. I bought a new blade thinking it was the blade. It actually got worse with the new blade. I contacted Phillip's only to be told different foods needs different blending times. That doesnt make sense. When you make a smoothie you just put all the ingredients in and blend. So disappointed. I will never buy Phillips' appliances again.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

Disappointed with the blender

The food processor and attachments are great, but after 12 months of use the bottom of the blender has become loose while using it. I was able to save my smoothie the first time and then I made sure the blender was screwed together properly, but the next time I used it and tried to take the blender off the base my smoothie spilled through the bottom and into the unit. It seems that taking the blender off the base unscrews the blender blades which could be unsafe. If that was fixed it would be a great product.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi there, Sam. Thanks for reaching out to us and for sharing your concerns. We're sorry to hear about the difficulties that you have experienced and we like to investigate this further. Therefore, we advise you to contact our colleagues for further assistance here: https://www.philips.com.au/content/B2C/en_AU/support-home/support-contact-page.html#n62Contact=HOUSEHOLD_PRODUCTS_GR%2BCOOKING_CA Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Disappointed.

The blender started leaking from underneath so I stopped using that application, which was very disappointing as then I barely used it. Unfortunately my teenage daughter used the blender to make a smoothie and when she lifted the blender from the base the blades dropped out of the bottom! Along with the banana smoothie! This is not what I expect from a product costing hundreds of dollars!

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Jodes, thanks a lot for sharing your experiences with the blender here. We're sorry to hear about the issues its having, and we can imagine it's not great at all to have banana smoothie all over the kitchen. We would like to ask you to reach out to our Customer service team by phone, as it sounds like your unit is faulty. Our team can help you further to have this resolved as soon as possible. The phone numbers are 1300 363 391 for Australia and 0800 658 224 for New Zealand. Thank you in advance, we hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Was good - not great but then died

Previously had a Kenwood purchased 1987 while I was still a student. When it died I purchased the Philips 7778 in 2013 as it was one of the few processors that allowed me to vary the speed. I was surprised that after 26 years food processors hadn't improved.
The Phillips didn't cut as well was my old Kenwood - All soups required the blender which holding less was a nuisance - the old Kenwood did it easily. This was very disappointing as I make a lot of soups and don't have a lot of over storage space so would have preferred to not need the blender attachment at all.
Basic juicer worked well
Centrifuge juicer appalling! I tried juicing grapes a few years ago... once tried never ever used again!!! The mess, it took forever to clean the juicer and I had to stop and start as it it jammed up with pulp. Useless.
Other attachments fine.
Niggles:
Grating cheese/vegetables - this is such an obvious task for a food processor so why cant manufacturers work out a way to stop getting a build up in the lid? and to stop that last bit wizzing about ungrated? The Phillips catches cheese between that shoot and the rim. A simple moulded angle between the two would allow the cheese/vegetable etc to wizz back around into the machine instead of getting stuck and compounded into this space requiring a skewer to flick it out each time.
The top of spindle did crack the top lid a little but everything still worked.
The spindle was also difficult to clean inside as cheese etc got stuck up inside it - but one got use to that.

Then it died.
I was cutting old fondant icing into small mock dirt pieces - not to much a a daunting task for a processor that should be able to cut nuts on a daily basis but no it just stopped working. No power.
If it hadn't died I would say it's ok - not as good as my old kenwood but not too bad, I was happy enough. I've learnt to blend soups and work around spindle cleaning but now really unhappy to get only 5 years out of it for that price.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Hi there, good that you shared your thoughts on the HR7778/03 food processor here. Great to hear there were some parts of it you liked. But of course, we'd wished for your experience with the appliance to be much better. And the fact that it died, we regret hearing that part the most. Kindly know that we appreciate the feedback and that it won't go unnoticed. After all, there's always room for improvement, right? We'd be happy if you'd reach out to us by phone for us to see if there's anything we can do to help. If you're in Australia, you can call us on 1300 363 391. Our number for New Zealand is 0800 658 224. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Powerful motor but dissapointed with the quality of the parts

I love this food processor I first bought one in Peru and used it for a year with no problem. Now that I've moved back to Europe I got the same machine but this one seems to be lower quality. Some parts arrived already scratched and after wiping down the base with a damp cloth than a dry cloth it got all rusty and it wont come off. The store where I bought it wont help so I am a little dissappointed. Can't believe the quality was better in Peru than Europe (especially since I payed way more for it in Europe)

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hey Anita, Thank you for sharing your feedback on the Philips HR7778/03. We regret to hear you didn't receive the same quality blender as you did in Peru. Especially, hearing that you've received the product already damaged and scratched comes to us as a big surprise. We would really like to talk to you further about this. Could you please reach out to us via Twitter or Facebook? We hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Very disappointed with Phillips

I bought this processor/blender and within 2weeks the blender was leaking from under the blender. I was told that I would get a full refund if the retailer did not. it's been since Aug this year and I have not had any positive response I'm still waiting for a refund. They keep stalling and wasting my time. First they asked for receipt and that they would refund straight away then after I found the receipt they say I need to return item to them before they refund but actually I threw the blender out because it was sitting there in my pantry not working I don't have the space in the new house for faulty items and I was going no where with customer service anyway now they call me after a few weeks still requesting the faulty item! Not happy with their service at all I just want my money back so I can invest the money in a better blender from a more reliable company

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Hi Catrina, thank you for your review and feedback. We regret to hear about this situation with your kitchen device, we can understand this is far from ideal. We can double check with our team what we can do for you, this might speed things up for you. Would you mind sharing your contact details here on Product Review with us? We’ll send you a private message where you can share them. Looking forward to your message. Kind regards, the Philips Australia team.Thank you, Catrina. We advise you to delete your previous message as it contains private information. We escalated your case to the concerned team, please bear with us for now and we will get back to you as soon as possible - most likely via phone or email. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamHi your team hasn't done anything yet I'm still waiting on my refund

Knife/Blade Unit under blender broke, awful customer service

I purchased this about 1.5 years ago (so still under warranty). The main use of this is the blender and the other attachments are rarely used. Recently, the plastic under the blender broke and now can't be used which has effectively made the product useless. I was told 13 days ago by customer care that the "Knife/Blade Unit assy" is out of stock. I emailed them twice since inquiring as to when it will be back in stock but haven't received a reply. It is really appalling behavior for such a large company.

An update on this: I filed a complaint with the ACCC who suggested I contact NSW Fair Trading. I did so and received a call from them soon after. Finally, things have started moving and I should get my replacement part(s) in a few days. I did buy a Braun hand blender too in the meantime since I did not hold much hope of anything happening. It is also rather interesting that "Philips Official" responded to several posts below but not mine. I wonder if this behavior is prevalent in the organization.Hello Grrahul. Thanks for submitting your review and the update here. We apologize for not replying sooner. Obviously, this is not the way we want our customers to feel. We are sorry to hear our team wasn’t able to help you out earlier, before buying another blender. If anything happens in the future, please let us know. We will do our best to make you happy after all.

Very poor customer service .

Good product until the middle of the 3.4 litre bowl came loose and now the bowl doesnt work. . Very disappointed when i have spent hours on the phone trying to get a replacement bowl.No help as to where I can get a replacement,tried all numbers of support and still no help or idea where to get one/

Dear Timtam, Sorry to hear the difficulties you have experienced replacing the bowl. We will send you a private message to see how we can help.As I said very good product and thankyou for responding so quickly after my review ( finally very helpful service ) Glad to hear that, Timtam. We're here for you! :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

ok but could be better

I purchased one of these from our local good guys. I have used it less than 3 times. today my daughter made toilet cleaning disc's in it and she used thyme oil and the plastic bowl has now gone all weird like the oil has eaten into the plastic where she must have tipped in the oil. A better quality plastic would be great as when I last used the machine the handle almost cracked from trying to twist the bowl off. I am not such a big fan on the mixer attatchments being in 2 parts as ingredients gets stuck under both.
I think I shall be on the look out for a better product

Fantastic

I use my food processor all the time, I love it!
The kids dropped the bowl which broke and Phillips were very helpful in helping me find a replacement bowl and at a decent price. Cant wait to get my replacement bowl so I can continue using my food processor.
I do however dislike how when grating there is always a big chunk of whatever im gating left over, and cant seem to grate it all.
Thank you so much Phillips for your great customer service

Disappointing Quality

I use my processor only approx once a week, and have had the issue of a burning smell coming from the unit. The first time, six months ago, Philips fixed it, which I appreciated, but it is already happening again, making the machine basically unusable. Disappointing quality for such a big name in appliances.

We could understand that it is disappointing to have the same issue occur again after a reparation, Franny. We would recommend getting in touch with us once more to see what the options are from here on. It would be best to contact us directly by telephone on: 1300 363 391. However, you’re more than welcome to also reach out to us through social media if you prefer that. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Perfect

12 months ago I became more health conscious, manually chopping fruit & vegetables to juice. I was given this food processor yesterday for Christmas and am completely amazed at it's diversity , time saving with juicing, chopping and dicing (arthritis and weak hands) and it's so easy to clean. Absolutely thrilled.

That's awesome to hear, Lou. Have a very merry Christmas and enjoy the delicious meals!

Fantastic

Still lots to learn about how to use but I'm loving it. Maxi juicer is brilliant for carrots oranges celery and watermelon. Chopping food processor is great for tomatoes, onions, potatoes, carrots. Not sure re grater for food processor yet-hubby thinks maybe things get stuck a bit. Blender great for banana milkshake. Still to venture into using other parts like the dough hook.

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, Sarah! We hope you will still enjoy your food processor for a long time to come. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

It is ok for small jobs

I do like my Philips food processor, however, I think for what I want to do-making dough from sprouted buckwheat-half kilo batches, I think I need a more powerful motor than the 1000W.
I have already burnt out one motor and Philips were very happy to replace as It is still under warranty.
I read with food processors, you should buy the most powerful you can afford.:)

Hi Elaine. Good to hear that you're satisfied with our food processor and our customer service. We always appreciate this kind of feedback from our customers. Have you already seen our recipes for our food processors? http://www.philips.com.au/e/kitchen/recipe/recipe-subcategory.app_foodprocessor.html. This might be good for some inspiration!

Works wonders for me

I have been using this food processor for nearly 12 months now. I have used it to make soups, pastry, cakes and and desserts and have been really pleased with the results so far. It's motor is powerful enough for what I need I and I find all of the attachments very useful with the exception of the vegetable slicing attachment blade as I can never get it to slice uniformly, for that reason it loses one star. I was surprised to see the negative reviews here on Product Review though. I would recommend it for family cooking.

Hi Peta. Thanks for submitting the review. And for the kind words about this device. Useful information, about the vegetable slicer we mean. Thanks for making us aware of it.

Great Motor but not quality parts

I was loving this processor until a few weeks after we got it and the handle became really wonky. Its a bit daunty holding the mixing bowl and feeling like the handle could snap off, especially since its a large mixing bowl so it can get heavy. The handle is also necessary to lock the base onto the machine so we have to be extra delicate because if it comes off it'll make it so hard to use. We just accepted that that's the way things are made these days BUT now there are cracks in the lid and the base of the bowl and I am not happy. We glued up the one in the lid because food doesn't really come into contact with but the one in the base, holy cow. This product has a 2 year warranty and we've only had it since Jan. We only use it one to two times a week and already the main part, the bowl is cracking, it's just not good enough and I'm not relishing the thought of having to deal with customer support, not because I've heard bad things but because it's not even a year old and I SHOULDN'T have to deal with them if the quality of their product was good enough.

Hello Natski, thanks for taking your time to write this review and sharing this valuable feedback. Although you don’t prefer dealing with us we still like to get in touch to see how we can help you with this. Please contact us on philips.product.review@philips.com along with your contact details or call 1300 363 391. We would like to hear from you. Hi Philips Official, I'm sorry if I offended it wasn't aimed at you. I was just trying to say if the product was working well (as it should) I wouldn't need to contact customer service. I find it difficult making complaints and that was why I wasn't looking forward to approaching you guys, sorry. I've emailed off some information to you just now. Thanksreceived a new bowl and lid, thank you

Died within 5 mins!

I think this is a great machine - in theory! It actually died before we had the chance to try it out. The motor just stopped working before I even grated my first carrot and I am more than disappointed! We will return it to the store, however, I'm very doubtful if I'll get the same machine again!! A different brand might be better value after all.

Hi there, thank you for your review. We're sorry to read your machine died, and we understand your disappointment. We would like to get in touch with you, could you please give us a call at 1300 363 391 so we can discuss further? Thanks!

Will never buy another Philips product!! Appalling customer service!!

Purchased this multi-function food processor just over 12 months ago and we loved it... for a couple of months until the motor started to smell burnt during operation. After weeks of trying to get a response from Philips, we sent it away (At our expense) and received a replacement base. A few months later, the same thing starts to happen along with some attachments wearing out, cracking etc. Try to contact Philips... again limited response. Constant emails not being responded to.... not calling back for weeks at a time. Customer service does not exist at Philips

Hi there. That doesn't sound good. We take issues like this very seriously and we do want to help you further. Could you send us an email to philips.product.review@philips.com with the following details: Your full name, the product number (HR7778), the serial number, your country of residence and your phone number? Can you also refer back to this page by sending the link of this page? That way, we can easily connect the email with the complaint on this page. We hope that you will give us another chance. We'd like to make you happy again!You've got to be kidding!!! The last thing I will be doing is wasting my time dealing with your company's "customer service" again!We take any complaint very seriously and it is very important to understand what has gone wrong and why. If you can please assist by emailing (philips.product.review@philips.com) your contact details or forwarding your email correspondence, we can begin our investigation and make sure this does not happen again.

Bit noisy

Comparing to other food processors, bit noisy.
Still can't figure out whether the bowl modeled HR3916 is suitable to my HR7778 since i burnt the cowl came with it accidentally. Philips customer service doesn't really help to solve issue.

Broke down after 45 seconds of use!

This is completely unacceptable!
My food processor just arrived, and all excited for my first ever homemade glass of carrot juice I started the juicer, only to find that after 45 seconds the motor stops and doesn't react to anything.
Spend the whole evening dancing around it, putting it apart and together again.
No use.
My previous Philips machine lasted for 25 years! And is still working fine, - the only reason I wanted to replace it was the juicer part.
Well, I got at least half a glass of juice, though a very expensive one.

Oh no, Julia! That's indeed regrettable. This device is supposed to last way longer than that, obviously! We would like to look into this and speak to you personally. Could you contact us via 1300 363 391 (option 2) for Australia, or 0800 658 224 (option 2) for New Zealand? We might be able to help out. We would love to serve you more than half a glass of carrot juice ;)