4Philips Avent Comfort Breast Shell SCF157/02

4.2

75% · 92 · 17%

Jaz
JazPerth, WA7 posts

So great, comfortable and a help for sore nipples

I exclusively express breast fed for 8 months and these were a lifesaver for catching excess milk and for helping air circulation for sore nipples, these are so comfortable and easy to use, they are quite noticeable so you can't really wear them outside the house but are a great staple for Mums while breast feeding

mamisACT2 posts

Irritating

I worn it for less than 10 min and started itching around my niple. Not sure if it's cause of the lamps on the product or the material.

Was really looking forward, but not really happy with it.

If the shell was slightly bigger it probably will fit better on breast

Unsatisfied
Unsatisfied

Excellent Concept but failed miserably

This product is helpful while nursing. It also protects irritated nipples from rubbing against articles of clothing. Besides those two things this product is not worth the investment. I don't recommend wearing them out because they leak terribly!!! In addition to losing A LOT of milk using this product, my clothes were soked!

Shake
ShakeSydney9 posts

How long do your nipples have to be for this to work?

No matter how I positioned these cups, or how tight my bra was, my nipples never really made it into the shell. The result of such poor fit is that my milk would just soak my clothes. I never managed to collect more than a dribble in the cups, but my shirt managed to collect it much better...

I'm confused about all the positive reviews here, do most women have quite long nipples to make it over the lip, and mind are just very short? They're not inverted or anything...

If anyone with 'shorter' nipples has had any success with these things I'd love to hear about it.
Good concept
It didn't work

TruckerChick
TruckerChickBrisbane QLD8 posts

1 word- FANTASTIC!

These shells r the bomb! Easy to use rather than trying to keep a cup or other items on ur leaking breast while feeding. The Shell Doesn't leak and is easily transferred to a bottle to feed bub later. Worth the money! I only use while feeding. Easily cleaned also.
Easy to use, reasonably priced.
 Show reply
mani55
mani55AU12 posts

Good product to have

I read the reviews about advent breast shell in this site and straight away went and bought it and I wasn't disappointed.

It is the best product and I wish I bought it earlier.

During breastfeeding my other boob leaks, so this product collects all the milk which I then put in a bottle and feed my baby. Each time I breastfeed or express I collect at least 10-20mls of milk which otherwise would have been wasted. By the end of the day I have collected at least 50mls.
It saves my precious milk which otherwise would be wasted

RebeccaPellowe
RebeccaPellowe11 posts

After 10 years of nanying and 6 years of motherhood, i swear by the whole avent range. I have 4 kids and have used the avent range with all of them. These last for ages without any sign of wear and tear. I have washed everything in the dishwasher and then sterilize them with no problems. I didn't have any nipple problems (like one of the other reviews mentioned) but i used them to collect milk as i was feeding from the bother breast. Then i froze the milk in one of the avent milk containers. Expensive but worth every cent.
Brilliant
Tanya
Tanya33 posts

faithfulstar
faithfulstarAU

Fantastic product

I have used these shells every day since buying them. I suffered from very sore nipples for 3 months straight and these were the only way I could wear bras comfortably! I also found them great for collecting milk off the other breast whilst feeding, I found by putting a disposable breast pad under them, if they leaked, I didn't get wet bras/clothes. I have been able to collect up to 40ml in one, brilliant if you have a low milk supply and have to top up your baby like I have had to.
Helps sore nipples, collects milk from other breast whilst feeding.
Bit hot and sweaty to wear in hot climates, can leak (I found wearing them upside down with drainage lip to top helped).
nataliepr
natalieprNSW, 211154 posts

Do the job but not for public wear

I used these when my baby was a newborn to help with an overactive letdown and to collect the milk from the opposite side when feeding.
Not too expensive; relieve engorgement (the ones with the holes); allow you to collect the milk that lets down on the opposite side when you start feeding; this can also help if you have an overactive letdown without having the hassle of hand expressing.
You couldn't wear these in public due to the shape so I'm not sure they'd be that much help if you needed to wear them all of the time.
E586467
E58646713 posts

optom_mae
optom_mae19 posts

My husband thinks this was one of the best investments we made in the early days and I agree. It was great to be able to 'save' the let down, instead of it going to waste into a nursing pad.
A great product to collect the let down when feeding on the other side. In the early days when I was trying to collect extra milk for top ups, I could sometimes collect 30mls from one side's let down alone.
I had to sit up very straight when feeding, and even lean a little forward or when the shell collected a small amount it would leak all over me. You can only collect about 30mls from each side before it will leak, waste milk and necessitate a change of clothes.