73%14%13%
Brand Manager for Pigeon? Claim your listing.

Sam
SamSouth East Queensland, QLD78 posts

Best on the market

I descovered these with bub number one and after 4 breastfed bubs I can safely say these are the best and only breath pads I will buy.
No leakages they obsorb it all.
Fantastic if you have a let down one both sides at once like I use to.
No messy wet tops while your out and about unless you have left them too long.
But that's pretty hard to do.
Definitely worth a few extra dollars. Show details
kloh5146
kloh5146Melbourne9 posts

I like it

Bought this a while ago when it was on sale in Baby Bunting and it is really doing what it is meant to be doing. It sticks well on the bra and is quite comfortable. Individually wrapped gives me a sense of security that they are clean, just like any other sanitary pads. Will certainly recommend it to other moms.

Twshirley
TwshirleySouth East Queensland, QLD16 posts

Best so far

I have, out of curiosity, tried at least five different brands of nursing pads, and these are the best so far. They are thin and flexible, good size, great absorbency in easy-to-open wraps. I have used a couple other brands that wrapped very tightly and hard to pull open the individual plastic wrap. They are also the only ones with a curved circumference , which fits better than flat ones. I like the double adhesive strips. When I used those with one or none strip, they moved out of place too easily when I folded done my bra. They could cost a bit from places like supermarkets.
Thin, absorbent, double adhesive, curved design
A little expensive but worth it
katenberry
katenberryQLD, 452063 posts

The best in breast pads

Pigeon in my opinion is the best most absorbent and comfortable breast pad on the market. I have tried other brands and either they don't stay put, feel like you are wearing plastic or need to change more often. The are contoured really well to the breast and have two stick points not one.
Contour and Absorbency
A little more expensive than competitors ..but worth it!
tah2708
tah2708Qld, 452058 posts

Average

I purchased these as the brand I normally use was out of stock. They are ok. They come individually wrapped which I find a bit of a waste or packaging. They are thin and I do find them a bit scratchy. Not all that absorbent and I find I go through several a day. The positive is that they are quite large in size and do well and truly cover the nipple and more. I never use the adhesive part as I just tuck them into my bra and remove them when feeding and place them back in afterwards so can't comment on how adhesive they are as I don't find this a useful part of breast pads.
Large size
A bit scratchy
35fish
35fishAU28 posts

Not for me

A friend gave me two boxes of these and that's the only reason I'm using them. I find they bunch up, don't sit nicely in your bra (so you couldn't wear a tight fitting top over the top) and I found that they were a bit itchy.

I wouldn't pay money for them.
thin
bunch up, itchy, adhesive didn't really work and don't stay in place.

trenna
trennaAU33 posts

Bad

Overall i was happy to hae these for over night but i will not be using these for bub number two. they are thiner and they dont get stuck to your nipple but when you have a baby that sleeps through from 3 weeks and your breasts are leaking through the night, these are not very good. They leaked and smelt gross. I will not be using these again.
they are thin and they catch your milk. They dont get stuck to your nipple
they would leak over night, they would smell funny, and they stick a little too strong, and sometimes left a sticky residue in my clothes
clk244
clk244AU7 posts

OK

I didn't use them for long as they became smelly not like any other brands I have tried. Also when they absorb liquid they become like jelly.
They are slim, comfortable and stay in place.
I found they became smelly. Being sleep deprived they ended up in the washing machine on a few occasions still attached to bras and they leave a strange jelly residue in the washing machine and on all clothes!
stellabella1664
stellabella166415 posts

OK

These were the first pads I used when breastfeeding and while I was initially happy with them, I have since used other cheaper brands which do a better job and are more comfortable and absorbent.
The pads stay in place with no problem. Because they are thin, they are less bulky under your clothing.
I have found the pads have leaked on a few occasions when I have had a whole nights sleep without feeding baby. They don't tend to hold the liquid as well as other brands I have tried. The pads are also quite big which means they can stick out of your bra. I have also found them to be a bit rough on my nipples, perhaps due to them being thinner than other pads. They are also one of the more expensive brands.
bandn01
bandn01SA, 516221 posts

Good

I love these pads. I use these on a daily/nightly basis and find they deal with leakage collection really well and are really absorbent. They can be a bit big and stick out, if I am wearing a smaller bra but that doesn't bother me too much as t-shirts cover it up anyway. I do not use the sticky back as I find that they stay in place quite well without them. Being individually wrapped is good if packing them into a nappy bag, but can also be annoying if needing to use one quickly or only have one hand free (e.g. holding bubs)

Will definitely be using this product until I no longer need to!
Slim design and individually wrapped. Very absorbent and do not stick to sore, cracked nipples.
Individually wrapped (is a pro and a con), size of pad.

sgoodall
sgoodallAU41 posts

Bad

I bought a pack of these when my preferred brand was not available. Didn't like them at all, (see Cons).
Absorbent.
Found them a little to large, didn't always fit inside the confines of my bra (and I have a large bust).

Being individually wrapped I found this fidly when getting dressed and the fold in them was annoying.

Didn't find the sticky on them very adhesive.

demoras
demorasAU27 posts

Really like these, would keep using them except for the cost of continually buying them. I plan on keeping them as backup to washable nursing pads.
These are thin, fit quite comfortably in bras and absorb well, doesn't shed fibre from the top liner. I like the individual packaging so that they can be packed easily into the nappy bag.
The size of them may mean they stick out of the bra with some clothes, but that hasn't been a problem so far.
qtboo
qtbooQLD, 411617 posts

Good

overall i found these really good, especially at night, i used the cloth ones during the day though as i find disposable one tend to draw and dry out my nipples especially if you are sensitive, but compared to other brands i found this one to be OK in that factor as well, as long as you didn't wear them for extremely long periods at a time, its best to change them more frequently when needed
very thin yet could hold a lot of leakage. Soft feel, quite large compared to other brands and contoured to your shape
while the option of the adhesive tabs is good to have, i never really used them as when folding down maternity bra the pad doesn't fold down easily with it. easier to just take pad out first
granny_tong
granny_tong23 posts

Good

It's slim & not noticeable even wearing t-shirts & very absorbent that it can last all day long. I usually use a pair at night after shower & just a pair in the morning & it last for a whole day. But if you want something even more absorbent I recommend the Pigeon Premium, the one that's 36pcs in a pack - this is the best but of course more expensive, the Ultra Slim is good enough for me. I also tried Avent & Johnson, they are absorbent but the size is too small & hard to keep them in place at night while I'm asleep so it didn't work for me during the night.
Slim & Absorbent. Good size, not too small. Clean individual packaging.
skylark82
skylark8231 posts

Good

I tried unsuccessfully to use cloth pads and ended up switching to Pigeon. I leaked a lot and they worked great. They lasted all night and I could generally put a set in in the morning and leave them there all day if I forgot about them.
very slim, can wear them under any clothes. Very comfortable to wear, especially for sore cracked nipples. Very absorbent, could last all night even with heavy leakage.
They are more expensive than other brands but you get what you pay for. Seems to be a lot of packaging...I know it is to e sanitary but it seems a bit excessive.