Philips Avent Grown Up Cup

Philips Avent Grown Up Cup

SCF782/00 and SCF784/00

Ineffective

Little one didn't like to drink from this. Instead he was amused with pulling it apart and separating the pieces that form the lid time after time. Waste of money. Other Avent cup tried went black and mouldy in rubbery part. Only used water in it. Followed instructions for washing and cleaning. Used for short time. Annoying to wash each time with rubbery bits.
I had spoken to representative about the mouldy issue at last baby expo. He shook his head and dismissed what I was saying.

Hello Becs, thank you for reaching out to us about this matter. We can only imagine how frustrating this must be for you, especially after speaking to a representative. Please know that this is not the kind of service we aim for, and that we indeed take such matters seriously. We would therefore like to reach out to you through private message to investigate this issue. Could you please check this? We will be waiting for your reply. Thank you in advance. We hope to speak to you soon. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Pricey, frustrating & effectively useless for teaching little ones how to sip - they end up soaked

Recently purchased from Coles, I am highly disappointed in this cup, it says on label '9mo+', and let's just say my 11mo would spill less water on herself if I gave her a normal cup.

I have put it to the test several times now thinking this must be a mistake, I've followed the instructions in putting together, but regardless, every time she uses it, my little one ends up soaked. I think the problem lies in the fact that when she presses her lips on this, there is no way she can control the volume of water spilling out, so water ends up everywhere - to the point where I have to change her clothes.

Also as little ones do, she has knocked this off her highchair (just standard IKEA chair - not overly tall!) and twice this cup has blown open and water gone everywhere! It's so frustrating.

This cup is not remotely robust enough for the age group it is labelled for.

NOT RECOMMENDED.

Hi, Anna. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Avent Grown up Cups. We're sorry to hear the cups didn't meet your expectations. We can imagine a leaking and water spilling cup isn't ideal for your little one. Our customer service team would love to talk to you about this to see how we can solve this. You can reach us at 1300 363 391. We hope to hear from you. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.Thanks, I'm not sure why you bothered to contact me, as when I did get in contact with you, rather than address my concerns, you spent the time defending your product. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it again this week - 3 times that cup was dropped by my 1yo (that's what this age group do when they're learning to drink - they drop drinks), and EVERY single time it exploded open = water all over the floor, cup in 3 pieces. I will reiterate - this product is a waste of money and NOT ROBUST enough for the age group it is built for. MORE unimpressed than ever.

Leaks.. waste of money

This sippy cup leaks and leaves my daughter drenched with water and milk.. I can't believe for an expensive product that it does this.. the sippy cup packaging says its a 260ml cup but markings on the actual cup are only up to 200mls.. would have been useful if it ACTUALLY marked 260ml on the cup.. such a waste of money

Hi Leanne. We can imagine it's not convenient at all that the cups are leaking that much! We would recommend to contact our call centre agents at 1300 363 391. They may be able to help out. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Leaks - very frustrating and expensive for such a poorly designed product

I was so excited about this cup! It was great for about two seconds. But my daughter is always SOAKED in water. Water continues to pour out of it when it's tipped over on her highchair or slightly horizontal in her bag. I then watched numerous YouTube videos - convinced that I was doing something wrong because it had such great reviews. I have taken it apart and reassembled soo many times. But we are continuing to have the problem. Since digging deeper, I've seen that MANY other parents are having this same trouble. Please don't write "non-spill" on your products. It's certainly not the case.

Hello Rachel, We appreciate you sharing your concerns with us here. All feedback is welcome, even when negative! We are sorry to hear that the cup is leaking that much. Is the valve torn perhaps? With the grown up cups, the child has to learn how to manipulate the cup lid correctly and we think that may also cause the leaking. We would also like to refer you to our contact centre. You can reach them at 1300 364 474. They might be able to help out further!