Philips Avent Natural

Philips Avent Natural

SCF690/17, SCF030/17, SCF030/27, etc...

• Bottle LeakageYes (10) · No (5)

They leak horribly!

The threads on these bottles are a very poor design and they leak terribly. The nipples also break quite easily. The company has very bad customer service and is unwilling to help. Very disappointed.

Purchased in August 2020.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Leaks and extremely easy to break

I have enjoyed Avent bottles for a while but this one is not on the top of my list. I find that it leaks quite a bit. And we have accidentally dropped and broken our 3rd one - the glass splatters everywhere and it takes a very long time to clean. It would be good if Avent could fix the leaking and use a material that does not break so easily. Thanks.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$20.00.

Seda

SedaSydney, NSW

My sons favourite bottle

These were the first bottles I purchased when I decided to bottle feed(240ml Glass & Plastic). Luckily my son took to them straight away with no issues. I mixed fed (breastfeeding & formula) from 6 weeks and had no issues with nipple confusion or bottle refusal. The size of the teats are fine for us and flow is good as well. We have recently changed to 6m+ from 3m with ease, although it was probably not necessary as my son hasn’t had any issues with feeding. We have 8 bottles & 10 various flow teats and haven’t had any issues or leaks with any of them. I love that they are glass and very easy to clean.

Purchased in December 2019 at Amazon.

Orion_V

Orion_VSydney, NSW

Sturdy bottles.

No issues with leaks , and no nipple confusion for both my babies. We have dropped them multiple times and they have survived as well. Easy to clean too and they fit easily with many breast pumps.

Purchased in August 2019.

Ebony

EbonySydney, NSW

Horrible customer service

If I could rate a 0 I would Bottles leak from the sides have contacted twice for a replacement not even a refund and still won't replace $80 on 4 glass bottles useless ! I contacted 1 week after purchasing yet another mother on a mum's group had the same issue they replaced hers and expressed posted straight away but for some reason won't replace mine Don't buy them better off buying the 3 pack of tommee tippee bottles that are $20 and don't saturate your baby everytime you feed them USELESS Avent !

Purchased in April 2020 for A$80.00.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Leaking after following advice and no responsibility being taken by Philips

Hi we have bought numerous natural scent bottles and different batches of teats, followed the suggested advise by Philips to the letter still leaking bottles. Every review I’ve read stating similar Philips have responded inadequately without any responsibility. The product is flawed and needs to be recalled

Matt
Matt
Val

ValQueensland

Not fit for purpose!

These bottles leak everywhere even when you follow the so called troubleshoot steps that Avent is promoting. Avent you need to do a recall these bottles are not fit for purpose and I won't be purchasing any Avent products again. Complete waste of money. Nothing worse than wasting precious breast milk due to a faulty bottle. Very disappointed and looking for a refund.

Purchased in April 2019.

Sam M.

Sam M.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Leaking

The second time I used it, it already leaked. It only starts to leak when the baby starts to suck milk. But when she stops sucking, it wont drip. Overpriced for a crappy product.

Purchased at Chemist Warehouse for A$20.00.

Charis

CharisWagga Wagga

No nipple confusion

Tried both natural and classic bottles for both my children. The bottles are very durable my first born is 21 months old and im still uaing the same bottle since she was born. I change the teats every once in awhile with no issues. Never experience any leaks at all. My 3 months old is using both kind of bottles as well. Im happy amd satisfied with Avent bottles.

These bottles are great

If you love having to listen to your hungry baby scream because it takes ten minutes to get the hood off

Other than that they're just a normal bottle I guess

Purchased in December 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for A$50.00.

Speed84

Speed84Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great bottles

Used these with my first baby and just purchased new ones for this bub. No problems with breast/bottle confusion, baby feeds well from them with little wind issues. The only downside is that the teats are a little hard to find in supermarkets, usually have to go to baby store.

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Bunting for A$30.00.

Tom Roche

Tom RocheSydney, NSW

Product leaks, you will lose precious breastmilk

The bottle thread is badly designed, it doesn’t seal, the milk leaks out while feeding. So frustrating after 30 minutes expressing for a crying baby. We recommend Meleda product instead.

Purchased in April 2019.

Harvey Wilson

Harvey WilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Lid can be difficult to remove

These bottles do a good job for bottle feeding my baby. There is only minor leakage from the corner of her mouth due to the size of the teat and her mouth (i guess).

Only negative is that with a baby in one arm, trying to remove the lid with one hand is nigh on impossible.

Purchased in March 2019.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Why do these bottles leak so badly?????

Purchased in September 2018.

S l b

S l bTasmania

Absolutely rubbish

Absolutely rubbish the bottles leak all the time where do u get of changing the teats or lids i had bottles with my first and the teats fitted over the bottle properly not like these new ones i would highly unrecommend these bottles n i will be telling all my friends not to buy these bottles

Purchased in February 2019 at Big w for A$20.00.

Est

EstMelbourne

Avent don't except faulty bottles back

Purchased 6 large Avent bottles (330 ml) but they were very faulty.
Fault 1: leakage
Fault 2: constant noise (psssssss)
Spoke to Avent managers but they couldn't help me
I am extremely disappointed with this purchase as each bottle cost me $12.95 and they faulty and Avent management doesn't care

Ginger

GingerSweet valley

Leaks!!

It’s a 50/50 chance of getting a bottle that doesn’t leak! I don’t know if it’s a problem with the nipple or the part that hold the nipple.. but I had to toss a few bottles because they wouldn’t stop! I bought the plastic 3 pack 9 oz bottles. The bottles that do not have a leak problem work fine for the baby.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Worst product absolutely awfull constant leaks

These bottles leak all the time makes mixing formula a pain. Leaks all over baby during feeding. Complete waste of time money! Have both plastic and glass they all leak from both the nipple and the ring. Will be replacing the entire set. As these are useless I hate waste in landfills but it's impossible to use this poorly designed product. The company should be embarrassed

S L

S LAU

Wouldn't recommend - lids are hard to remove

I used Avent's natural bottles for my newborn and still do as it was the brand I was most familiar with. Had I known a little more, I wouldn't have bought this product or brand. There's many others to choose form clearly.

What is great about their bottle is that it does what you would expect. My baby got a good solid feed. What I do not like ids that the lid is incredibly difficult to remove, especially with wet hands. It's one thing I can definitely live without the hassle of. By the way I've been using Pigeon's wide neck teats as they match, though does have a bit of leakage.

Tes

TesMarsfield

Love this product

Love this bottle. I have bought the natural range in multiple sizes. And the option of coloured plastic or glass is great. I also love that all the screw on lids are interchangeable (lids not teats). Means I can use her avent sippy cup top on her bottles (and vice versa). Only downside is the cost of teats.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Thanks for the review, Tes! We're happy to read you're quite invested in our product line and have been using it to satisfaction. :) If you ever run into questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Mathapelo G.

Mathapelo G.asked

Natural

Hello... I bought the Avent bottle for my baby he's 6 months old and the bottle is leaking bad!....can you help me on what can I do with that matter please?

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Mathapelo, thank you for sharing your experience with us - we can imagine this is disappointing and we'd like to help you get your bottles fixed as soon as possible. Have you perhaps tried giving the tips on this page a try? https://www.philips.com.au/c-f/XC000006501/my-philips-avent-bottle-is-leaking

Kind Regards,

Sumaia

Sumaiaasked

Natural

What does 1 month+ mean? Until what month this size should continue? How many sizes bottles need to be changed in a different age?

PCD

PCDasked

Natural

We are using the natural with our 4 week old and have found them to leak excessively when feeding. No matter how we hold the bottle our baby ends up wet. We don’t over tighten lid and make sure teat is in correctly. We are using the 0-6 months. Is there something else we can do? We also have medela bottles left over from hospital and don’t have any leaks with those. Considering we purchased the full Avent pack with four bottles + steamer + warmer etc we don’t want to change brand but at wits end. Look forward to your reply.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi there, thank you for your question. We regret to hear that the Natural bottles of your little one are leaking. It would be great if you could give our colleagues a call on 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand), so they can see how they can turn things around. We're hoping to hear from you and we wish you a nice week.

Kind regards,

Get an answer from our members and Philips Avent representatives

Compare all 15 Philips Avent Natural
CategoryBaby BottlesBaby BottlesBaby BottlesBaby Bottles
Price (RRP) A$21.95A$21.95A$21.95A$21.95
Type / FeaturesAnti-Colic and Wide NeckAnti-Colic and Wide NeckAnti-Colic and Wide NeckAnti-Colic and Wide Neck
Bottle MaterialPlasticPlasticPlasticPlastic
BPA FreeYesYesYesYes
Capacity125 mL125 mL125 mL125 mL
Minimum Age 0 months0 months0 months0 months
Maximum Age 12 months12 months12 months12 months
Release dateApr 2007Apr 2007Apr 2007Apr 2007
Compare all 15 Philips Avent Natural

• GTIN13: 8710103561507, 8710103561774, 8710103591078, 8710103868064 and 8710103868071