Philips Avent Spout Cup

Philips Avent Spout Cup

SCF751, SCF753, SCF755, SCF802, SCF803 and SCF750

Dangerous and poor quality

We bought these for my 1 year old as a transitional bottle, before they mastered their cup skills. The teats tore open resulting in my child nearly choking on the silicon. When I called Avent about the issue, they offered no replacement teats and merely commented that the bottles were designed as use once and throw out and therefore were not good quality. I raised that at $7.99 a bottle in Australia, customers expected them to last and be fit for purpose. In less than a month, I have 7 bottles and no remaining teats as I had to throw them out due to the choking hazard.
I would not recommend that anyone else buys this product.

Purchased in April 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $7.99.

Hi there. Thanks for making us aware of this. We'd like to assure you that we take cases like these very seriously, and are happy to hear your little one is doing okay.We'd advise reaching out to our colleagues at the following number: 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Fridays: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm EST). They'd be happy to help out with this. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

I expected better

Unless you line it up perfectly it leaks. Very annoying, messy and embarrassing in public. For a product from a reputable brand that is not cheap you would think it would be easy to use and a good product.
Good things once lined up my son has no issue getting water out.
Final point the stupid lid falls all the time so its no good for my son to learn to drink himself because I have to hold it open.
Invest in proper research and trials before releasing junk Phillips avent!

Hi Katrina, Thanks for sharing a couple of thoughts on your experience with our Spout Cup. It of course isn't supposed to leak all over the place, but it's true that how well the lid is screwed on is pretty important. Some customers tend to screw it on too tight, which actually could result in leakage. A good way to go about it is to screw it on pretty right, and then just loosen it up just a tad bit. Hope this does help! However if you'd like to discuss your experience further, please contact us on 1300 363 391 or through social media. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Bought 3 of the 18 month + bottles and I'm NOT happy

I've paid £5 per bottle with an extra £5 shipping for these bottles which claim to not leak. Well that's utter rubbish, all three bottles leak even though it's got an anti leak plastic bit in, it leaks from elsewhere.
The design is good but I wanted to be able to get my daughter a cup she could take her milk to bed in and now I'm finding her and the bed covered in milk in the morning! Not happy about this at all.

Hi Karly. We understand that that must be annoying. For you and your daughter! If you would like to contact our Avent representatives at 1300 363 391, option 3. There might be something we can do for you. Hope you will give us another chance!I'm in England?! I cant make international calls. Is there someone you can pass my info over to in a team here? Hi Karly, Our apologies for the confusion. Would you be so kind as to supply us with your contact details via a private message? We will then forward this to our local team in the United Kingdom. Thank you in advance! Kind regards, Philips Social Care

Useless. Waste of money

I bought it for my 8 month old. But she couldnt use it because of its lid. So I thought to use it when she becomes a bit old. Now she is 18 months. Still doesn't like to use it because the lid closes in between she drinks. Water comes on her face too. So sitting as junk.

Hello Sheena, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear your daughter didn't like to use the spout cup. Could you give us a call at 1300 363 391 so we can see if there's anything we can help you with?

Very useless product really dont like this sippy

I have just bought avent sippy spout cup.....ghrrrrr its useless product my child could not even suck very hard valve ...its lid every time it come down on her face she couldnt drink properly and every time leak on her nose and face.....very useless product...not satisfied at all very disappinted

Hi Tulsi, we're sorry to hear our product didn't live up to your expectations. Would you be able to reach out to us via philips.product.review@philips.com, so we can see if there's anything we can do to help you? Kind regards, Philips Webcare.

Good cup, bad lid design

Love this sippy cup, measurement scale is great, its small in size and has handles. Good amount of liquid comes through with little ease and I have no leaks. However, the lid design is simply awful. It doesn't stay in place when open and when it flips back over the spout my baby tries to suck from the lid, and obviously at 10 months old does not know to push the lid back. Really really stupid design.

Hello Carissa, so happy to hear you love the spout cup! And thank you for the feedback regarding the lid. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Terrible product

The cup leaked when baby was drinking from it which put him right off. No one likes water on their face while drinking it!!
Also extremely tough to get any water out of the spout. My little boy had trouble using it and so I sucked on it to see if it was blocked, turned out that the valve is just really really hard to suck any water or liquid out of.
USELESS!!!

Hi Shirin, Sorry to hear about the difficulties your baby has experienced with AVENT Cups. If you could send us an email with your contact information on philips.product.review@philips.com we’d like to get in touch and see if we can help you. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team Hi Avent/phillips team, Unless you're going to offer a full refund then there is no point getting in touch. My baby doesn't have an issue using other sippy cups so the issue is with the Avent Sippy Cup and yes I have read the instructions. It is possible that the Avent sippy cup I have is faulty, unfortunately I didn't keep the receipt, otherwise I would have returned it already to the retailer.Hi Shirin, We request you to try to align the valve in the Teat to the notch in the white locking ring. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team

Really don't like this cup

My child's bottles are Avent so naturally I went straight to the Avent cup. Bad decision.

They look great and my baby for some part was drinking from the bottle but... THAT LID! Looking at the image of the child drinking you would think the lid stayed in place. No. As soon as my child lifted the cup the lid flips down on to her face. It distracted her enough to stop her drinking and try to work out what the hell just landed on her face.

Did I mention it leaks? It leaks when she drinks like normal but as it is a training cup sometimes she would exhale through her mouth and the water would dribble out of the air hole above the mouth piece.

Very poor design.
Colour, style, price, removable handles.
Lid flips onto baby's face, leaks

Hi Quinlan38, Sorry to hear about the difficulties your baby has experienced with AVENT Cups. If you could send us an email with your contact information on philips.product.review@philips.com we’d like to get in touch and see if we can help you. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team

Would be great if it didn't have the flip-top lid

My bub worked out how to use this cup pretty quickly. It's non-spill and I like the plastic - sturdy, can be sterilised, and put in the dishwasher. I just wish that the stupid flip-top lid was removable!! My little boy tries to hold it up by the lid instead of by the handles and he's totally distracted by it. I end up having to hold it up for him a lot. It's a shame because I love everything else about it... I ended up putting a spout on an Avent bottle instead. I still use this sippy cup but tend to send him to day care with it... so they can hold it up for him, not me. hehehe...

Hi, Sorry to hear about the difficulties your baby has experienced with AVENT Cups. If you could send us an email with your contact information on philips.product.review@philips.com we’d like to get in touch and see if we can help you. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team