Philips Avent Spout Cup

Philips Avent Spout Cup

SCF750, SCF751, SCF803, etc...

Quality Assured

Quality AssuredPerth, WA

Dangerous and poor quality

We bought these for my 1 year old as a transitional bottle, before they mastered their cup skills. The teats tore open resulting in my child nearly choking on the silicon. When I called Avent about the issue, they offered no replacement teats and merely commented that the bottles were designed as use once and throw out and therefore were not good quality. I raised that at $7.99 a bottle in Australia, customers expected them to last and be fit for purpose. In less than a month, I have 7 bottles and no remaining teats as I had to throw them out due to the choking hazard.
I would not recommend that anyone else buys this product.

Purchased in April 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $7.99.

Katrina

KatrinaShepparton

I expected better

Unless you line it up perfectly it leaks. Very annoying, messy and embarrassing in public. For a product from a reputable brand that is not cheap you would think it would be easy to use and a good product.
Good things once lined up my son has no issue getting water out.
Final point the stupid lid falls all the time so its no good for my son to learn to drink himself because I have to hold it open.
Invest in proper research and trials before releasing junk Phillips avent!

Bought 3 of the 18 month + bottles and I'm NOT happy

I've paid £5 per bottle with an extra £5 shipping for these bottles which claim to not leak. Well that's utter rubbish, all three bottles leak even though it's got an anti leak plastic bit in, it leaks from elsewhere.
The design is good but I wanted to be able to get my daughter a cup she could take her milk to bed in and now I'm finding her and the bed covered in milk in the morning! Not happy about this at all.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Karly. We understand that that must be annoying. For you and your daughter! If you would like to contact our Avent representatives at 1300 363 391, option 3. There might be something we can do for you. Hope you will give us another chance!

Karly grant
Karly grant

I'm in England?! I cant make international calls. Is there someone you can pass my info over to in a team here?

eliza

eliza

Useless. Waste of money

I bought it for my 8 month old. But she couldnt use it because of its lid. So I thought to use it when she becomes a bit old. Now she is 18 months. Still doesn't like to use it because the lid closes in between she drinks. Water comes on her face too. So sitting as junk.

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hello Sheena, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear your daughter didn't like to use the spout cup. Could you give us a call at 1300 363 391 so we can see if there's anything we can help you with?

Tulsi gohel

Tulsi gohelbhavnagar

Very useless product really dont like this sippy

I have just bought avent sippy spout cup.....ghrrrrr its useless product my child could not even suck very hard valve ...its lid every time it come down on her face she couldnt drink properly and every time leak on her nose and face.....very useless product...not satisfied at all very disappinted

Philips S.Philips Avent

Hi Tulsi, we're sorry to hear our product didn't live up to your expectations. Would you be able to reach out to us via philips.product.review@philips.com, so we can see if there's anything we can do to help you? Kind regards, Philips Webcare.

Good cup, bad lid design

Love this sippy cup, measurement scale is great, its small in size and has handles. Good amount of liquid comes through with little ease and I have no leaks. However, the lid design is simply awful. It doesn't stay in place when open and when it flips back over the spout my baby tries to suck from the lid, and obviously at 10 months old does not know to push the lid back. Really really stupid design.

Hello Carissa,
so happy to hear you love the spout cup! And thank you for the feedback regarding the lid.
Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

ShirinAustralia

Terrible product

The cup leaked when baby was drinking from it which put him right off. No one likes water on their face while drinking it!!
Also extremely tough to get any water out of the spout. My little boy had trouble using it and so I sucked on it to see if it was blocked, turned out that the valve is just really really hard to suck any water or liquid out of.
USELESS!!!

Quinlan38

Quinlan38Blacktown

Really don't like this cup

My child's bottles are Avent so naturally I went straight to the Avent cup. Bad decision.

They look great and my baby for some part was drinking from the bottle but... THAT LID! Looking at the image of the child drinking you would think the lid stayed in place. No. As soon as my child lifted the cup the lid flips down on to her face. It distracted her enough to stop her drinking and try to work out what the hell just landed on her face.

Did I mention it leaks? It leaks when she drinks like normal but as it is a training cup sometimes she would exhale through her mouth and the water would dribble out of the air hole above the mouth piece.

Very poor design.
Colour, style, price, removable handles.
Lid flips onto baby's face, leaks

BabyBabyBaby

BabyBabyBabyPerth

Would be great if it didn't have the flip-top lid

My bub worked out how to use this cup pretty quickly. It's non-spill and I like the plastic - sturdy, can be sterilised, and put in the dishwasher. I just wish that the stupid flip-top lid was removable!! My little boy tries to hold it up by the lid instead of by the handles and he's totally distracted by it. I end up having to hold it up for him a lot. It's a shame because I love everything else about it... I ended up putting a spout on an Avent bottle instead. I still use this sippy cup but tend to send him to day care with it... so they can hold it up for him, not me. hehehe...