Philips Daily Collection Air Fryer

Philips Daily Collection Air Fryer

HD9216/81 and HD9218/51

No recipe book included and no clear instructions on how to use it.

Today I brought a Phillips Daily Air Fryer HD/81. Was very disappointed when I opened it up to find there was no recipe book and no instructions on how to use this product. I was so excited to finally have an Air Fryer, but, would really like to see a recipe book included and clearer instructions on how to use it.

Purchased in June 2019 at Target Australia for $199.00.

Definitely faster than an oven

May be cause it's our first airfryer, we were quite impressed at the speed of cooking some chips, definitely much faster than preheating an oven and cooking them in there. The only downside is the capacity. With an oven, we can put both fish/nuggets etc and chips in together at the same time (different trays on different levels) but due to the capacity, we've had to run he airfryer twice to feed the two of us.

Purchased in April 2019 at The Good Guys for $159.00.

Product is used: Weekly

Mid week dinner game changer

I had umm’d and ahh’d over getting an air fryer for a long time now. I wish I had tried it sooner as it has truly changed mid week dinners for my household. It’s so quick and easy to use that dinner is ready in less than half an hour now.

Oven chips are crispy and never soggy. Fish fillets and chicken is usually done in less time than preheating the oven.

The instructions are a bit vague, I found that I had to play around a bit to figure out the right translation from traditional oven instructions. A packet of oven fries and some keen testers ready to try them was enough to get the hang of it. I found a blog post online that suggested using 20C less cooked for just over half as long which is a pretty good guide.

I think the size is about right for 1-2 people. Large families would probably be better suited with the larger models.

The phillips app with air fryer recipes is a great companion and I’m looking forward to trying them out, I already have plans to get the additional baking and grilling attachments.

Quick, convenient and healthy

I've enjoyed giving the Philips Airfryer a run for its money over the last few weeks. I've wanted to try it for ages after seeing it demonstrated on TV, just to find out whether it really does what it promises in a real kitchen without the "magic" of TV. Overall, I think its a neat little gadget. It makes cooking things like chips and chicken drumsticks very easy, without having to wait around for the oven to heat up (perfect for making a quick dinner after school) and the food is less fatty/oily and tastes healthier. Clean up is also super easy, just throw the basket into the dishwasher or give it a quick hand wash and you're done. The only negatives for me are that the device has a really big footprint (which makes storage tricky in our kitchen) and the basket is small so the amount you can actually cook in one go is just not quite enough for our family (you can't fill it too much or else the air can't circulate and you won't get even cooking/browning). At the end of the day, anything that makes cooking healthier and easier gets a tick in my book. I will continue experimenting with the Airfryer to see what else I can make with it. 4/5 stars from me!

A staple in my kitchen

The Philips Airfryer has become a complete stalwart of my evening meal. Simple to use, simple to clean- and an absolute delight when it comes to making meals.

Upon first using this product, I was initially a bit apprehensive about getting started. I needn’t have been. The controls are self explanatory and, after much experimenting, I’ve found that you really can’t go wrong.

This is really a ‘set and forget’ product. If I forget to turn my vegetables halfway through cooking, they’ll still be browned beautifully and evenly (unlike in a conventional oven!).

One thing that really thrills me about this device is how little oil you need to use to create absolutely delicious results. When I’m feeling like a lighter meal, I can pop in some vegetables and fish with just a little seasoning and no oils at all- the finished product is still scrumptious, cooked evenly, and without the dryness you’d get in a standard oven.

Clean up is a real breeze. The basket wipes up nicely (although I would recommend a standard sponge rather than a scourer, as the fibres can get caught), and the non-stick pan rinses off easily. It is bigger than I expected, but this singular downside is outweighed by the convenience and usability.

I turn to the Philips Airfryer practically every evening- be it the main star of my recipe that night, or a quick way to make sides without having to faff around. I look forward to expanding my repertoire with some sweet options- baked apples are next!

Purchased in March 2019.

Taken by surprise

I've been using this Air fryer for a few months now and at first I was unsure about it as I find using the oven just as easy. The Air Fryer is quite large and bulky and I'm not really happy with the design of the drawer with the fry basket. You have to open the drawer all the way and sit it somewhere to then remove the Fry basket and it is very hot. It's also not the easiest item to clean.I like the way the cord is designed as it retracts into the appliance. The cooking times themselves for the items I don't find much different to the oven, maybe 5-10 minutes faster. Now with all these inconveniences you would think I would not use it. I actually love it. I use it all the time now and most of the time it sits on my bench. 99% of the time I don't use any oil. It cooks the best home brand nuggets they taste like Mcdonalds.I put hash browns and chips in it and it cooks them so quickly. It doesn't need to be pre heated so it cuts another 15min off that cooking time. Sometimes I even use my oven and the air fryer because I prefer the crunchy chips every time without oil. You can dice any vegetable and put in there and they come out tasting great. I even cook dim sims in mine. This is a great appliance and I don't think I'll ever stop using it now. I will receive a reward for this review.

Purchased in March 2019.

Noisy and very loud

Checked the reviews and thought this is what we need.
First try we were surprised by how loud the fan was.
There is no reference to noise on the packaging.
Tried it anyway but found it harder to use than reviews indicated.
Will never be used and a waste of money

Purchased in May 2019 for $199.00.

Product is used: Rarely

Amazing product, prefer 100% to an oven

This actually cooks way faster and healthier than an oven does, it is amazing to see all the oil at the bottom of the tray when finished cooking that would being absorbed into the food in a conventional oven. It makes spring rolls and nuggets crispy and tender. It cooks chips perfectly and is great that is does not require any preheating. The only downside is that there is no stop button, you have to wait for timer to go off or force it off which doesn't seem good for the dial.

Purchased in April 2018 at Big W for $150.00.

Way better then expected

The Phillips airfryer was much better the expected . Cooking time less then half the cooking time then what the oven would do. ( which I didn’t need think would be the case )Chips and kids fav like chicken treats cooked in well under 10 minutes and cooked to perfection .the biggest surprise was how even and Crip the food was. I have to say the best thing so far to have Cooked is pork belly ... absolutely flawless crispy crackle with juicy meat . I am always the cook of my house but this airfryer is so easy to use even my 9 years old and husband can use it with ease , the cleaning is simple too just rinse and hand wash the basket /draw and your done . . 11/10 for this Airfryer

Product is used: Several times a week

Slow cooking but good quality

I believe turbo is the quickest airfryer ever seen before. This airfryer does it job but takes time for cooking. I was aware of this after buying the air fryer . I would auggeat phillips turbo would be the powerful airfryer if your are busy person, which cost little more.

Purchased in June 2017 at The Good Guys for $170.00.

Product is used: Weekly

A new staple on our benchtop

We actually had our deep fryer break a little while ago so this comes with great timing

Upon first receiving it, I loved the sleek look and that it seemed very simple to use (guess what, it is!)

For our first use we made fries, cause who doesn't love fries! They where perfect and golden, soft and fluffy on the inside, beautiful!!

For our next session we made roasted potatoes, I was so amazed, we went from raw chopped potatoes to perfectly roasted in 20 minutes.
With two small kids this is an absolute godsend
Anything that saves us time is essential in our lives

I also love that I can leave it and walk away while it cooks, don't feel comfortable doing that with a deep fryer
This is saving me time and giving me more to complete the rest of a meal

The only issue I think I found was that if you tip it up too much when emptying food out of it, it will drip the oil out from the bottom, so if your needing to empty it, either use tongs or don't tip it up too high.

The Airfryer has not become a staple on our benchtop and I am really glad it's here, making our cooking feel healthier and simpler in what is a very busy world these days.

Thanks so much!

Fried treats for days!

I used to be skeptical about airfryers and if they stood up to all the hype. I’m glad to report having tried and tested the Philips Airfryer for a couple of weeks now, it’s surpassed my expectations! We’ve since enjoyed crispy fried chicken wings, samosas, gyozas, chicken nuggets, potato gems and still have a long list of treats we’re planning to try. The ease of dishwasher cleaning and fuss-free design make it a plus to any kitchen and it’s definitely one of our top favourite appliances at this moment.

Product is used: Several times a week

Efficient, quiet & easy to use

I love this airfryer for so many reasons but a few key features really stood out. I was impressed by the ample basket capacity which comfortably allowed for meals to suit four. It also cooked evenly & looking into the drip tray gave me great satisfaction to see all the fat we weren’t consuming. The appliance is attractive & modern if you want to leave it on the bench top & I found it was quiet when switched on which was a feature my previous air fryer did not have & was so loud. The retractable chord is A great idea & the dials made it simple to operate too.

Product is used: Several times a week

We Used it every day, loved it so much.

Me and my wife depend on this item so much. We used it to cook chips, spam etc. With the spam the oil/fat will drop at the bottom and it's alot of fat.
This is our second phillips air fryer, the first one the steel mesh was damaged after two years of constant used. We were looking to buy just the steel mesh part but it was very expensive around $90 online from UK. So we decided to grab a new one when its on promotion.

Purchased in December 2017.

Product is used: Daily

We love the Philips Airfryer

Our family absolutely loves the Philips Airfryer! As complete newbies to the Airfryer, it took as a little while to decipher the very limited instructions. This is probably the only area I think that Philips could improve on in regards to this product. The instructions were limited and extremely hard to understand. Once we had figured out how to use the machine, it’s barely had a day off. We’ve cooked a few different things, the most being deliciously crunchy, healthy chips, and my 6 year olds favourite, nuggets! Just as good as you’d purchase if you were eating out, without the grease. I was able to cook a tender roast beef and even a pudding while trialling the Airfryer, it is so versatile and quick, cutting cooking time in half. Can’t wait to use it in summer time when we dread turning the oven on for hours which heats up the house. I highly recommend the Philips Airfryer for quick, easy meals.

Product is used: Daily

I AM IN LOVE

Got this for mothers day and am wondering how I ever got along without it. Cooks food super fast, drains all the fat away and crisps to perfection. No long heating periods either so I should save a lot in my power bills

Purchased in April 2019 at BigW for $149.00.

Multifunctional time saver!

The healthier way to fry! Absolutely loving the diversity of my sleek Philips Airfryer.

Not only does it fry but it also bakes, grills and roasts by circulating hot air, with little or no oil required at all.

The removable non-stick drawer is easy to use and dishwasher safe, as is the food basket. Cleaning is simple and fast. A gentle wipe down and you’re done!

‘Rapid Air Technology’ circulates hot air with speed and precision, ensuring air has an even distribution and food is cooked evenly. This sure beats the inconsistency of stoves and ovens!

Plus, my favourite part, it saves the house smelling of fried oil like traditional fryers.

Due to ease of use and simplicity, my teen sons can make their own foods safely and with little effort. The addition of our new airfryer has been a real hit!

One particularly fantastic feature is the retractable cord. (We all know how frustrating cords can be, especially when you have multiple appliances!). Brilliant extra on this already phenomenal product.

Food has been evenly cooked - perfect temperature throughout and crispy in all the right places.

The only drawback is that it’s quite noisy but for everything else it does, I can live with a bit of extra sound while it’s in use.

Quick and easy to use!

Simple and easy to use and clean. Makes great chips! Simplistic design and minimal buttons makes it easy to understand and adjust, and looks nice on the counter. Only drawbacks is it's quite bulky and difficult to store when not in use (if you don't have the bench space to leave it out). Instruction booklet is very simplistic which is great to have as a handy guide, but would have loved a bit more information and some ideas of other ways to use!

Product is used: Weekly

A good product with some minor limitations

Overall impressions after testing out the Philips Air Fryer HD9218 model for the past two weeks have been mostly positive;
Design – I quite like the piano black finish which really stands-out from other appliances in my kitchen and the gloss makes the product quite sleek giving the impression that this product looks more sophisticated and somewhat more expensive than it really is. The no-fuss timer and temperature controls are easy to use, despite the temperature dial being a little loose on my particular review unit (it wobbles a little when setting the dial), but works nonetheless. The grill attachment and bottom tray are easy to manage. The retractable power cable was a surprise and I found it very convenient. One small nit-pick is that I wished the power cable was a little longer but not a deal-breaker. What surprised me most about this product is just how light and portable this air fryer is, it was by far much lighter than it appeared with its compact plastic exterior build (and non-stick metal tray/grill construction). In terms of size, given just how compact the product is it fits in nicely in the cupboard with ease considering this is the smaller air fryer in the range.
Cooking – In terms of operating the product, it works as intended – for most meals. For the positives, I really appreciated the quick warm-up of the product. Cooking on the other hand was surprisingly quicker than my previous air fryer. While other participants in my review group were given the XXL version, it was quite difficult to cook larger cuts of meats due to the smaller tray size of my review unit. Overall, I was quite impressed by the quicker cooking times and the results of most meals, but felt the recommended cooking times and temperature guide should be reviewed as this wasn’t reflected with some of the meals I’ve cooked with this product. If there were some negatives, it would be that the timer cannot be stopped or wound-back and the lack of a window to check on the cooking process. Despite the capability of baking cakes, I felt the small tray size wasn’t sufficient and none of my cooking trays fit inside the air fryer.
Cleaning – Cleaning this product was a lot easier than my previous glass-based air fryer. For manual/hand-washing, the non-stick surfaces of the bottom tray and sides of the attachment easily clean without issue with regular detergent and a non-abrasive wipe. The metallic mesh part of the attachment doe’s require a little effort (sometimes a pre-soak in detergent prior to cleaning) with either a brush or scrub sponge and most food remnants will eventually come off. Cleaning the exterior of the product is easy, only requiring a very gentle wipe-down to restore the stylish glossy appeal of the fryer.
Operation - I felt the controls were adequate despite the basic appearance (compared to the XXL version with the digital dials and display). The sound omitted from the air fryer is acceptable; it’s in no way a silent machine or the noisiest either. The vents were also adequate during the cooking process but expect most food smells to escape into the room or area.
Final Thoughts – Overall, the Philips Air Fryer definitely surprised me; the sleek and sophisticated design as well as the glossy black finish is definitely a crowd pleaser. The quick start-up and efficient operation of this product was probably the biggest benefit, the quality of most food cooked with this air fryer was definitely the biggest surprise with moist and tasty meats to crispy and flavoursome finger foods that didn’t require much cooking time at all. The only negatives I could find with this product so far are: the small tray size limiting cooking options, some inconsistent cooking times and temperature settings on the paper quick guide, the lack of a window or screen to check the cooking process to the fixed timer that can’t be reset or stopped if you make a mistake. The recommended retail price of $229.99AUD might be a little steep for some but it will definitely be worth it in the long-term for quicker meals and portability. This is a product best suited for those that want to cook a quick meal without the fuss, the HD9218 model in particular is ideal for small families especially during the colder months when cooking outside isn’t an option.

Fast, healthy, and easy

Love my air fryer - it is so easy to use. Fast and healthy using just a tiny spray of oil, and so simple my teenagers are using it to cook all their after school snacks. When it’s dirty they can just put the inserts in the dishwasher. Lightning fast for roast veg, and awesome for pastry and pizza type snacks. Haven’t tried roasting meat yet but can’t wait.