Philips Fidelio B5 HTL9100/79

Philips Fidelio B5 HTL9100/79

MPN: PHI-B5

Serge

SergeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Philips is a big company that cares

Hi all here with your soundbar you purchased,
My story:
First all the same thing diagnosed, faulty speaker, main bar, calibration.

Out of warranty now and being a high priced item I took it to Philips, same as I did with another product different brand that was handled nicely and replaced.
You just need to be patient and accept you got a faulty product, instant gratification can go so far. Forget about the ACCC, persevere nicely with the manufacturer and you will eventually come to an agreement.
I did and got a full credit back to buy whatever at the retailer.
(Yes it took 3 months and 2 repairs but never worked as it should.)
You get that sometimes
I still give 5 star for the product while it was working, brilliant.....Take care

Purchased in September 2016 at JB Hi-Fi for $949.00.

Voice / Dialogue
Bass
Music

RW35Melbourne

Worked fine then breaks

Date PurchasedAug 2014
RW35

Hi the number you have listed is disconnected?

WiggsyWoo

Here we go again. AVOID PHILIPS in general! This has been a terrible soundbar.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Hwa

Hwa

Battery died in less than a year

Love the sound quality and the slim design. However the battery of the right speaker died very soon, and won’t recharge anymore, it could be powered on, but within 5 seconds, it will shut itself. We have quite a few Philips products in the house, this is the first one that failed our trust in the brand.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Philips S.Philips

Avoid like the plague to save unnecessary costs down the line!

When we first got it, it was great. But then the warranty ran out and honestly THE VERY NEXT DAY the batteries in the speakers died.
Attempted to get replacement batteries, but Philips no longer makes them.
Was told to take it to a service centre, but there isn’t one in New Zealand.
Philips support literally told me that it is now a glorified paperweight.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

SangPerth

Main unit not working after 2 years of use.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
Sang

Can Philips help with this issue?

Great sound. Nice design. Bad quality electronics

Same issue as some other users.
After a year or 2 the main unit doesn't give anymore sound. Only the tweeters of the wireless speakers.
I also have to pay at least the halve of the price for repair.

I'm from the Netherlands. But i saw that some others have the same problem over here.
Bad product of Philips. For that much money.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Philips S.Philips

one of the detachable speakers wont work anymore

the left speaker wont work at anytime the little red light is on so its obviously getting power but wont play music. is there something i can do to fix or somewhere to take it or get a new speaker whats the best option. i love the sound and quailty but this is a shame as its so expensive in the first place

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Danielle

DanielleCairns

Love it. Good sound quality.

My only issue is that it cuts out on Bluetooth after it's been on for a while and then I have trouble re-connecting it. It only happens with Bluetooth. We can still play all our CD's etc through it as we have a media player connected to it and we play our movies through it also and pull the end speakers off for the surround sound. We are very happy with the product. The quality of sound is really good and it has simple setting adjustments to make it work for your needs.

Date PurchasedJun 2013
Matt

MattBathurst

Handy speakers

We love the fact 3 of us can blue tooth too the speaker at once. The sound is very clean.
It makes music very crisp.
The surround sound is very handy to have just charge the 2 smaller speakers then place them around the room.
We only use it on a small portion of its power normally it's got a kick.

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Philips S.Philips

Lucky I had extended warranty!

The main speakers keep cutting in and out constantly. I'm lucky that I have extended warranty on it considering it was $875 at the time of purchase...just hoping it will get repaired in a timely manner. It was a great unit whilst it was working, with great sound and the fact that the speakers can separate wirelessly is nice.

Date PurchasedJan 2014

Grazer

GrazerGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Clashes with the Foxtel remote.

Love the sound bar, but Phillips aren't interested in fixing the issue of clash with the Foxtel remote. Otherwise I would have rated it a lot higher. I shouldn't have to point my Foxtel remote in another direction. Phillips answer- put Foxtel in another room. Great technical guru answer. That's it!!

Date PurchasedAug 2015

noonie48

noonie48Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Philips Fidelio Foxtel remote issues

We have a Philips Fidelio soundbar which was a great unit which we loved until the Foxtel remote started to effect the setting on the soundbar. The unit is now 19 months old and we just had the power supply replaced which Philips helped with but unfortunately it seems to made the Foxtel remote interference much, much worse making it all but impossible to use when watching Cable TV . I see that I am not the only one who has suffered this Foxtel remote problem so If anyone knows of a fix then please let me know. I have rated it two stars only because of the early failure. If that was not the case it would get 4-5 stars

Peter

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Davo

Davo

Great sound bar speakers under $1,000.

Great soundbar. The ability to split the side speakers and gain 4.1 audio is fantastic. No annoying cords. Looks good. I spent considerable time researching soundbars and it was between this or the Yamaha YSP-2500. This one won for its rear Bluetooth speakers and sale price (under $900 on sale).

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Philips S.Philips

Thank you for your review here, Davo. Awesome to read that our Fidelio B5 was the winner after your research! We hope you’ll enjoy them for many more years to come. :-)

Kind regards,
the Philips Australia team.

jbviajero

jbviajeroAU

Great product offering you a 4.1 system in a box

WiggsyWooAU

Third physical unit- same problem! Does not work! 2 years old! AVOID!

ToniVictoria

Unhappy with lifespan...Unhappy Customer

Philips S.Philips

Experience cinema in my doorstep

This Sound bar B5 make my room like TGV cinema.. Really awesome!! It's small but powerful. Experiencing new era of sound system without any problem with wayering, easy installment even in limited space. It is user friendly without need an expert to adjust the sound bar. The sound came out perfectly as we wish.

Short lifespan -- less than 2 years

I previously reviewed this product, originally giving it 5 stars (first impressions were great), then downgrading to 4 stars (after using it for a few months .. some annoying "features" were making themselves apparent), and now I wanted to edit my original review but ProductReview doesn't allow it. So I'm writing a new, updated review giving it only 1 star for "Terrible". Why is it terrible? Because today (13th December 2015) the central speaker stopped working and it sounds terrible. Because having spent about a thousand dollars for this premium soundbar, it has died less than 2 years after purchase (I bought it on 28th December 2013) .. and the warranty is only 1 year. This has been a huge disappointment.

SteveBrisbane

Very happy

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for your kind words and valuable feedback Steve! :)

Philipasked

I have a HTL9100 soundbar now connected to a Philips TV. I’ve been having issues with the ARC for a while. Sometimes it worked, more often than not it didn’t. What can I do to trouble shoot the problem? I have not had it connected to two different TVs, the other was a Panasonic. I was hoping that the problem would go away when connected to a Philips. I have checked the HDMI cables and changed them. In the past removing and reconnecting the cable at the TV end (on the Panasonic) got it working until turned off. But not always.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Philip, thanks for your message. Great name by the way. ;) What a pity to hear that you're having issues with the ARC. We'd be happy to look into that for you. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on: 1300 363 391.

Philip

Twitter has a word count so I've had to post the above in three tweets! What's the Facebook address? I am in New Zealand too.

Philips S.Philips

Hello again Philip, thanks for getting back to us. You can also send us a Direct Message on Twitter, as to avoid the character limitation. Alternatively, the link to our Facebook page can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/Philips. You can send us a message there, or contact our support team via phone on 1300 363 391. Hope this helps!

Mickasked

My Philips HTL 9100 right speaker is not working when undocked & no light indicator, when it is docked it works & the light flashes Amber continuously l have tried leaving it on for a couple of hours & the amber light became steady but with no success. I would appreciate any advice what needs to be done. Regards Mick

Mick

I changed the battery from the left speaker to the right speaker and this identified it was a battery problem so a new battery is on order.

Grazer

Grazerasked

Who are the recommended repairers for phillips soundbars now. My ARC output is very glitchy for about 5 minutes after turning on, then it settles down and works fine until i turn it on again the next day. Very frustrating with regards to the product, and lack or after sales service. Any advice would be great

Hi there,

Thank you for the question - we're sorry to hear about the issues with your home theater, and we'll do our best to help. Could you please give us a ring at 08 8338 5540 (Mondays - Fridays 9am - 5pm EST), or send us a message on Facebook/Twitter (@PhilipsCare)? Our colleagues in the specialised team will be happy to guide you in the right direction. Thank you!

Kind Regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategorySoundbars