Philips Grain Master HD4514/72

3.8

Dexter

Dexter

S.L.O..W...

The 25mins quick cook takes more like 35mins. The 45mins standard cook takes 1hr. That makes your cooking time from go to eat at least 35mins.. I wouldn't have got this rice cooker if I knew it was this slow to cook.

Otherwise it cooks like a rice cooker should..

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $149.00.

Doug

Doug

does exactly what it is supposed to

this machine cooks perfect rice! we have used it at least weekly for the past year to cook both white and brown rice. you can select normal or quick cook and different types of rice. quick cook white rice takes about 25 minutes and does a pretty good job. it plays a tune when your rice is cooked and cleaning the machine is fairly straight forward. very happy and I would definitely recommend!

Purchased in June 2019 at David Jones.

Philips S.Philips

Glad to hear this Doug! Spread the word. :)

The Philips Australia Team

Joy S

Joy Snsw

Perfect rice cooker

Just love this machine cooks rice perfectly and you can preset and leave and it also has a warm function, just love it. I had a no name brand before and it did not perform but this one is perfect.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Rice Cookers

Find out how Philips Grain Master HD4514/72 compares to other Rice Cookers

Joshua F.

Joshua F.Sydney, NSW

Cooks perfect rice in a reasonable amount of time

This is my first higher end rice cooker. It cooks the perfect rice in a short amount of time. The extra functions are handy too like cooking brown rice. I like how it comes with a cook book which I have cooked desserts with.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for $120.00.

Eric

EricSydney, NSW

Great rice cooker

As an Asian and cook rice at least 4 days in a week, I would recommend others buying this rice cooker. The price is reasonable. It's easy to cook with the right amount of water by using the measuring cup provided. It is easy to detach the inner lid and the non-stick pot and clean them after using.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
    Christine

ChristineSydney

Good product

I had to experiment a bit with how much water for how much rice, but once I knew I had to wash the rice before and stay with the water a little bit under the lines, it was perfect. I'm terrible at cooking rice, quinoa or risotto for example. Who knew you could mess that up, but I literally have no talent for this. So the Philips rice cooker is really convenient for me, even though it takes a while. Makes perfect fluffy rice and nice smooth risotto. I also didn't know until recently that you can actually open the rice cooker at any point during the cooking process and steer or put other ingredients in. So I've been using it every week.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
    Philips S.Philips

Hi Christine, it's lovely to hear our Philips Grain Master was able to impress you. We wish you a nice meal of quinoa, rice or risotto this week and a pleasant day to you.

Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team.

KissMiss

KissMiss

Dry dry dry food

really regret buying this gadget. Everything I cooked in it turned out too dry when cooked with the pre-set time setting.
    Unfortunately it does not give me the option to manually adjust the time which would be pretty handy.
    The quinoa cooking time is pre-set to 45mins, it was totally dry and burnt in parts, I found it was cooked perfect at the 25mins re-heat setting instead.
    It could be such a good gadget if it allowed for manual time adjustments but sadly this is not the case.
    Don't waste your money on this one unless you want a 'learning experience'.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
    Carol C

Carol C

Does exactly what it's meant to do.

I love this rice cooker. It comes with a great recipe book. Cooks amazing rice and other items, I love the pre set function. I can wake up to cooked porridge in the mornings. I've even baked cakes in it and slow cooked in it. Very versatile appliance, bought in on sale at TVSN for $89.00. Great price for a fantastic product.

Date PurchasedJune 2017
    Somecheat

SomecheatMelbourne

Inconsistent rice cooking, horrible auto warm function, bad customer service

Rice Cookers

Find out how Philips Grain Master HD4514/72 compares to other Rice Cookers

Sebastian H.

Sebastian H.asked

I recently bought this rice cooker, it is pretty good but is it BPA free? I am worried that it might not be and can cause cancer :(

Thank you.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there Sebastian. Thank you for your question here. We would like to let you know that all our products are completely safe to use, and should indeed, be BPA free. However, if you want further confirmation, we would highly advise you to contact our colleagues with the following numbers: 1300 363 391 (AU) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 07:00 pm EST or 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm. They are happy to help.

Kind regards,
    The Philips Australia Team.

plumshopping

plumshoppingasked

HI, What is the inner material of the bowlas none stick? Is it ceramic?

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for your question here. We recommend contacting our colleagues directly with these numbers: 1300 363 391 from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm EST (Australia) or 0800 658 224 from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm EST (New Zealand). They are happy to help.

Kind regards,
    The Philips Australia Team.

T S.

T S.asked

What is the bowl actually made of - what metal please?

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We would like to invite you to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare). You can also contact our local product team directly at 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm and at 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST. Our colleagues there will be more than happy to help and assist you further. We hope to hear from you!

The Philips Australia Team

See all Philips Grain Master HD4514/72 questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategoryRice Cookers