Philips Grain Master HD4514/72

MPNs: 36485644 and HD4514/72

Eric

EricSydney, NSW

Great rice cooker

As an Asian and cook rice at least 4 days in a week, I would recommend others buying this rice cooker. The price is reasonable. It's easy to cook with the right amount of water by using the measuring cup provided. It is easy to detach the inner lid and the non-stick pot and clean them after using.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Christine

ChristineSydney

Good product

I had to experiment a bit with how much water for how much rice, but once I knew I had to wash the rice before and stay with the water a little bit under the lines, it was perfect. I'm terrible at cooking rice, quinoa or risotto for example. Who knew you could mess that up, but I literally have no talent for this. So the Philips rice cooker is really convenient for me, even though it takes a while. Makes perfect fluffy rice and nice smooth risotto. I also didn't know until recently that you can actually open the rice cooker at any point during the cooking process and steer or put other ingredients in. So I've been using it every week.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Philips S.Philips

Hi Christine, it's lovely to hear our Philips Grain Master was able to impress you. We wish you a nice meal of quinoa, rice or risotto this week and a pleasant day to you.

Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team.

KissMiss

KissMiss

Dry dry dry food

really regret buying this gadget. Everything I cooked in it turned out too dry when cooked with the pre-set time setting.
Unfortunately it does not give me the option to manually adjust the time which would be pretty handy.
The quinoa cooking time is pre-set to 45mins, it was totally dry and burnt in parts, I found it was cooked perfect at the 25mins re-heat setting instead.
It could be such a good gadget if it allowed for manual time adjustments but sadly this is not the case.
Don't waste your money on this one unless you want a 'learning experience'.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Carol C

Carol C

Does exactly what it's meant to do.

I love this rice cooker. It comes with a great recipe book. Cooks amazing rice and other items, I love the pre set function. I can wake up to cooked porridge in the mornings. I've even baked cakes in it and slow cooked in it. Very versatile appliance, bought in on sale at TVSN for $89.00. Great price for a fantastic product.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Somecheat

SomecheatMelbourne

Inconsistent rice cooking, horrible auto warm function, bad customer service