Philips Grain Master HD4514/72

MPNs: 36485644 and HD4514/72

3.9

Doug

Doug

does exactly what it is supposed to

this machine cooks perfect rice! we have used it at least weekly for the past year to cook both white and brown rice. you can select normal or quick cook and different types of rice. quick cook white rice takes about 25 minutes and does a pretty good job. it plays a tune when your rice is cooked and cleaning the machine is fairly straight forward. very happy and I would definitely recommend!

Purchased in June 2019 at David Jones.

Philips S.Philips

Glad to hear this Doug! Spread the word. :)

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Joy Snsw

Perfect rice cooker

Just love this machine cooks rice perfectly and you can preset and leave and it also has a warm function, just love it. I had a no name brand before and it did not perform but this one is perfect.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Joshua F.

Joshua F.Sydney, NSW

Cooks perfect rice in a reasonable amount of time

This is my first higher end rice cooker. It cooks the perfect rice in a short amount of time. The extra functions are handy too like cooking brown rice. I like how it comes with a cook book which I have cooked desserts with.

Purchased in September 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$120.00.

Rice Cookers

Find out how Philips Grain Master HD4514/72 compares to other Rice Cookers

Eric

EricSydney, NSW

Great rice cooker

As an Asian and cook rice at least 4 days in a week, I would recommend others buying this rice cooker. The price is reasonable. It's easy to cook with the right amount of water by using the measuring cup provided. It is easy to detach the inner lid and the non-stick pot and clean them after using.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Christine

ChristineSydney

Good product

I had to experiment a bit with how much water for how much rice, but once I knew I had to wash the rice before and stay with the water a little bit under the lines, it was perfect. I'm terrible at cooking rice, quinoa or risotto for example. Who knew you could mess that up, but I literally have no talent for this. So the Philips rice cooker is really convenient for me, even though it takes a while. Makes perfect fluffy rice and nice smooth risotto. I also didn't know until recently that you can actually open the rice cooker at any point during the cooking process and steer or put other ingredients in. So I've been using it every week.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Philips S.Philips

Hi Christine, it's lovely to hear our Philips Grain Master was able to impress you. We wish you a nice meal of quinoa, rice or risotto this week and a pleasant day to you.

Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team.

KissMiss

KissMiss

Dry dry dry food

really regret buying this gadget. Everything I cooked in it turned out too dry when cooked with the pre-set time setting.
Unfortunately it does not give me the option to manually adjust the time which would be pretty handy.
The quinoa cooking time is pre-set to 45mins, it was totally dry and burnt in parts, I found it was cooked perfect at the 25mins re-heat setting instead.
It could be such a good gadget if it allowed for manual time adjustments but sadly this is not the case.
Don't waste your money on this one unless you want a 'learning experience'.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Carol C

Carol C

Does exactly what it's meant to do.

I love this rice cooker. It comes with a great recipe book. Cooks amazing rice and other items, I love the pre set function. I can wake up to cooked porridge in the mornings. I've even baked cakes in it and slow cooked in it. Very versatile appliance, bought in on sale at TVSN for $89.00. Great price for a fantastic product.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Somecheat

SomecheatMelbourne

Inconsistent rice cooking, horrible auto warm function, bad customer service

Karenasked

How do you detach the inner lid for cleaning
Thanks Karen

Joy S

I don't think you can it seems to be fixed, I always wipe my down after every use and I use it every week, and it stays clean. Sorry can't help any further maybe contact Philips themselves if you really need to pull it apart.

Hi Karen,

We'd like to thank you for writing your review.

We are happy to inform you that it is possible to detach the inner lid for cleaning. Please click on the following link, and more specifically, see the second illustration: https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hd4514_72/hd4514_72_dfu_eng.pdf?_ga=2.182440231.1634792798.1600663679-757065072.1600244589.

If you have more specific questions, Please contact our local product team at 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm and 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST.

Take care and have a great day!

Kind regards,

The Philips Australia Team

Karen

Thanks I worked it out no thanks to the illustrations. It does not show that you have to pull on the plastic lugs at the bottom of the lid. I was a bit reluctant to do this as I thought I might break them but after finding a picture of someone doing this on google I realised it was the only way to remove the inner lid.

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives