Philips Viva Collection Food Processor

Philips Viva Collection Food Processor

HR7762/90, HR7761/00 and HR7769/00

Shocked by Quality of Customer Service

I cannot describe the quality, performance or my satisfaction with the Philips 7762/90 Food Processor I purchased because after 4 weeks I am none the wiser on how to effectively utilize the product, following my interaction with the Philips Customer Service team.
I can declare that I have never previously owned or operated a modern Food Processor, so maybe my expectations of product support are unreasonable?
The boxed unit came with 2 small booklets - a Quick Reference Guide & User Guide. I have good eyesight, but was really struggling to read & comprehend these guides. In the guides, there are small black & white graphics of the attachments next to pictures of e.g a potato. There is no reference to the naming of the attachments.
I first checked the Philips website for additional resources & also checked YouTube for instructional videos unsuccessfully, prior to contacting Philips customer support. It's worth noting that at this point, I searched for resources of competitor products & found multiple user resources (videos, manuals, recipes etc.). I wanted similar materials that referenced the tools on the device I had bought.
I contacted customer support and was directed to a call centre where I outlined my request for information. The response was that the issue would be referred to a Product Specialist to provide a list of 'part names'? and I would be sent a link to video resources. The link was sent promptly with a standard search results page from You Tube (note - none are Philips videos). I responded with the following email.

"Thank you. Now I know how to unpack my box and how to operate the machine in 6 languages other than English. The You Tube links were not helpful and nothing I had not already found, as I mentioned.

To reiterate, I bought the Viva., having never owned a Food Processor before. The user manual and quick start guides are awful. All my family have tried to take the lead in deciphering the manuals, without success.

If I look on Sunbeam/Breville sites, there is information/resources for use of their products and descriptive use of the tools in the recipes. Sending me a 'how to use' 3rd party video in Japanese or German does not constitute the service levels I would expect from a brand like Philips.

My questions are quite broad:
What are the tools called? When would I use each of them (a drawing of a potato gives me a glimmer of hope)? When would I use Pulse rather than Speed 1 or 2? Why would I use Pulse rather than Speed 1 or 2? I have worked out the 'emulsifier' makes baby food - what else is it for?

I would really appreciate a more substantial response. Sending those You Tube links, while I am sure the intent was good, is quite dismissive and impersonal. Hoping for further feedback."

After no further response I checked back in, and was advised the issue was still being coordinated with the Product Specialist. A few days later, I was sent a PDF of the QRG that came in the box with the product. I have chosen not to participate in any further correspondence with the support team.

I am sure the products great, if you know what you are doing. However, I remain pretty disappointed with what I consider to be a genuine and undemanding request for customer support.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Hi there, thanks for sharing your experience with us. We're sorry to hear that your contact with our support team hasn't been what you've expected. If you'd like we can have another look at your questions. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare), that helps us investigate it further. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamThank you for your response. Regarding "reaching out on social media", are you suggesting that it would be back to square one in stating my issues/requests?Thanks for getting back to us. Don't worry, if you copy and paste your initial message on this product review platform and share it as a post or Private/Direct Message to one of our platforms, our colleagues will understand your request will be able to get to work quickly. If you have received any reference number starting with (60-) in your earlier communciations with our colleagues, please include them in your message as well, as they will help our colleagues get up to speed on your case even faster. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Potato slicer

I enjoyed using this processor. Easy to clean and use. In the manual there is a potato slicer, but it did not get it in my box.
Was it meant to be included in the box?

Purchased in December 2018.

Product is used: Weekly
Hi there, thanks for your review! We like hearing that you're happy with the device's performance. :-) As for your question, I looked into it for you, and if you indeed own the HR7761/00 the slicer should have been included in the packaging. In case you'd like us to have a closer look at it, feel free to get in touch via 1300 363 391. We hope the matter will be resolved shortly! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Misleading Advertising

The box clearly advertises a bowl size of 2.1 litres. The website description did the same. If you're buying a food processor that advertises 2.1 litres, you would think that is the capacity but oh no. The bowl itself states the maximum as being 1.5 litres.

If that was not bad enough it came out of the box faulty. While the motor worked with the blender, it did not work with the bowl..

Thankfully I purchased it from Target who refunded me instantly and the person I spoke to was shocked about the false advertising on the box.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Saintsonfire, Thanks for your honest review. It's certainly regrettable to hear that you feel this way about your HR7761 during the time you owned one. We do state on our website that the bowl has a working capacity of 1,5 liters, as you can see here: https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/HR7761_00/viva-collection-food-processor. We are going to make sure to flag this for our product development team. Besides this, it is understandably frustrating to find out something doesn't work properly right out of the box. If you'd like to discuss anything about your experience further with us, please don't hesitate to reach out to us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ). Or on social media through @PhilipsCare (Twitter), or any of our Facebook pages. Thanks again. And we hope your next experience with us will be a lot better. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamThanks - I purchased it online at Target. There it is advertised as a 2 litre bowl. The box advertises 2.1 litre bowl. Maybe i should have checked the Philips website also. I understand this is an international product, but if you can have them add the 1.5 litre working capacity to the box (as is on your website), that would certainly help others. Can i make one other suggestion. Any chance of creating a more detailed, user friendly user manual - even if only on your website. I understand you make the one in the box as brief as possible because you do so in a hundred languages and you want to minimise paper, but they are terrible to read. You spend millions on research and development to make quality products. Don't let them down with the packaging and instructions. I do appreciate your engagement and your willingness to address the issue i raised. As a result of the other positive reviews here I have gone back to Target and purchased the unit again. Even with the 1.5 litre capacity it was better than other options in this price range. I used it today for the first time and it worked really well. I will use it over the coming weeks and update my original review. Thanks for taking the time to reply. It is appreciated.Hi Saintsonfire, Once again thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on this matter. We will make sure that your points get to our product team. Regarding the user manual, we can imagine the text being too small due to minimizing the use of paper, thankfully we do have an online version of the user manual as well. You can find it right here: https://philips.to/2CS8XaI. We appreciate your willingness to give our product another try. We can't wait to hear about your experience with it after using it for a while. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Works efficiently.

Fantasic! Don’t know why I’ve waited so long to buy one! Works efficiently, quietly and performed all functions well using the different attachments. Impressed by the ease of use, though the directions in the leaflet could have been improved upon. I’ve used a variety of foods in the processor and it didn’t miss a beat. Consider I’ve gotten value for money.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
We're happy to hear that, Gail! Thank you for your review: it's wonderful to see that you like our food processor, and that it can contribute as a worthy kitchen tool. That said, our products are always subject to improvements, and we appreciate the feedback you've shared with us as well. Here to you enjoying your food processor for a long time to come! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

The shredding disk broke in the first use.

Hi team, my shredding and slicing disk broke the very first time I used the food processor to shred carrots. The blue knob and the steel disk were separated. I fixed that and the same thing happened again. I can provide the pictures if necessary. I am happy with the other attachments but I didn't expect that Philip's product would break in first use.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
We sad to see you've had a bit of a false start with the food processor, Priya. But thanks for letting us know! To see how we can assist you best with this, we recommend getting in touch with our consumer care colleagues on 1300 363 391 (AU), or 0800 658 224 (NZ). If you located somewhere else, you can find our local colleagues via https://www.philips.com/c-cs/support-country-selector.html. We hope they'll sort this out for you quickly, let us know how it goes. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Great value for money processor

For the money, this machine is great value. One thing to realise is that it's a light to medium duty processor, so putting anything too firm is obviously going to break bowls and such - a big ask for something that wasn't designed to be abused. Otherwise, it does everything it should and does it nicely.
Really though, if you're expecting a heavy duty processor, then perhaps you should think about spending a few hundred dollars, not $120 odd.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on this food processor, Mick. It's very nice to hear that you're happy with the performance of the machine for the price you've paid. We wish you a lot of great meals and kitchen comfort with this addition to your tool set. Bón appetit! Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamHi there, It's always good to find a product that's of great value for its price, right? :) Thanks for sharing! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Hi ..if this model is discontinued that mean i can't buy the bowl? I love this super machine ..but w

A beautiful and easy to work when you know the way..every ghing work perfect ..but i admit the bowl is a bit weak..my broke few weeks ago ..i going to missed if cannot find a replace ,it is possible to buy just that .Can somebody give me an advice please?..thanks

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Soniab, Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with us. Great to hear that you like your Food Processor so much. We regret hearing about your broken bowl, though, and you should indeed be able to purchase a new one. If you haven't reached out to our customer service yet, we kindly advise you doing so. You're able to call us on 1300 363 391 if you're based in Australia and on 0800 658 224 if you're based in New Zealand. We're more than willing to assist you there. We hope to hear from you! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great buy !!

I bought this as it fit the budget I had. Reviews were mixed and I really wasn't sure. I was worried about getting something that would break & be useless. I wanted something to cut all sorts of veg so I could have quick access throughout the week for ready cut ingredients. It is easy to use, fast, does what I bought it for and I can make quick salads, vegies, stir-fries and not have to do all the preparation every night. The instructions are more like a joke. Printed in many languages but giving no help. I took a photo of the pictures on the box and they have been far more use.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Vito, We glad to read that you are generally satisfied with the product and we'd like to thank you for sharing your review. Can we help you with the instructions that you were after? Perhaps we can clear things up for you. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Good food processor/blender/chopper but not amazing grater

Bought this from Target as it was on discount - obviously because it’s discontinued. Out of the box it’s easy to set up and clean in the dishwasher. The blender is quieter than my old Kmart blender but works well for smoothies. The chopper and food processor work well. The only downside is the grater. Basically the food pusher doesn’t go all the way down and any vegetable will have large bits stuck at the top, not fully grating. But other than that it works fine. Cleans up nicely in the dishwasher.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi James, thank you for taking the time to write down your experiences with the food processor. We appreciate your honest feedback and are happy to hear you are pleased with the blender and chopper. Your feedback concerning the grater is forwarded to our product team. Your review helps us to improve our products and is therefore very valuable to us. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamThanks

Does the job

Good product. Worth the price. Was looking for cheap but multi purpose processor. Does all the basic jobs. The negative about this product is the same blade used for blender and grinder. Which means change blade again and again which can make its rubber go loose. Quality of the plastic is average.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

I know why I didn't buy it earlier

I'm really happy with this food processor, I use the blender almost everyday to make smoothies and it's fast and perfect. It's dishwasher safe so no difficulty in cleaning at all, food processor is also good, even if I don't use it too much. Main blade is so sharp so be careful with that.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi Armando, great to hear you are so pleased with the food processor. Thanks a lot for writing down your experiences. Happy blending! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great Blender Processor

I bought this food processor blender from Target last year & are happy with it, mostly gets used for blending, but it comes with the juicer, plus many other attachments, it does the job well, would recommend this product.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review the Viva Collection Food processor. We're glad to hear that you're so happy with the appliance. Enjoy the rest of your week! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great for biscuit crumbs!!!!!!

I was sick to death of making biscuit crumbs with rolling pin (aka wine bottle) and ziplock bag. Googled extensively for food processor that does this well and found everything but. Anyway, this machine does it perfectly! Have no use for the other attachments (it came with heaps) and will prob never use them. I love the small compact size and neat look compared to others, and the price $108 was very reasonable for something I will not use much. Target have them for $99 this week.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Jenny, Glad to hear you're such a fan! Thank you for sharing your positive feedback here. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

So much better than the $600 Magimix!

This was $159, works brilliantly, easy to take apart and clean, dishwasher-proof. comes with a separate blender attachment and the usual grating/slicing discs. It has a plastic disc which whips cream in seconds - haven't tried egg whites yet. Only potential worry is that the plastic looks a bit breakable, but I haven't dropped it yet! The instructions were on one big sheet - a booklet would have been better.

Hi Carlotta, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're more than happy to hear that you like your Kitchen Machine so much. That's awesome! Furthermore, we'd like to thank you for sharing your thoughts on the instructions. Please know that we forwarded it to the concerning product team. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

This is the worst electrict equipment that I ever bought

I bout Philips Viva collection HR 7761 few weeks ago. When I use it I notice grinder and blender attachments are not working. Then I returned to the seller and bought a same model again. Unfortunately new one also had the same problem. I believe this model has a factory fault. The safety switch is not working while attach grinder and blender to the motor. I really disappointed about the product.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Hiru, We appreciate that you've taken the time to say a couple of words on your experience with our HR7761. By the sounds of it it hasn't been that great. Our customer care team might be able to tell what's going on, or find a way to resolve this. Have you tried calling 1300 363 391? Alternatively you could also contact us on social media or through http://philips.com/support/. Hope to turn your experience around. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Best multi food Processor

This has been a very good item to have in the kitchen as it sits on the bench without taking up much bench space. Great for grating cheese & carrot. Slicing sweet potatoes, potatoes, carrots , zucchinis, pumpkin, cucumbers, capsicum etc. Plus having a blender, grinder & a few discs for slicing, grating etc. Well worth purchasing this item. Plus parts are Dishwasher Safe on top shelf which is a bonus.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Sam, Thanks for sharing your glowing review of our HR7762/90. We're very glad to see you find it versatile and easy to maintain and use. That is really all we can wish for. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Good one for the price

It does it work, the capacity fits my requirement, it`s very easy and quick to get vegetables sliced or graded with Philips Viva Collection Food Processor. It seems to be quite powerful - doesn`t struggle while working. A bit noisy but not too much. Very easy to clean and assemble. Love the machine overall. Would recommend.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Thank you for your kind words, Svetlana. We appreciate you took the time to write a review on our food processor. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

plastic bowl just broke up

Plastic bowl just broke up while fitting the bowl to the motor unit. The bowl seems to be made of plain polyethylene rather than ABS plastic which is the standard. the motor unit is made of ABS , they should have used ABS for the bowl and the jar also.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Hey there, Thank you for leaving your review with us. We're sorry to hear your bowl just broke. We like to see if we could assist you with this matter. Could you please contact our specialists at 1300 363 391? They would like to see how they can help you out with this. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.Philips consumer care claimed the "Bowl is a consumable". Philips would not replace it. Don't understand how does bowl gets consumed in use?. Problem is that the plastic used by Philips for this food processor's jar is SAN (Styrene-acrylonitrile resin ) plastic, known to be brittle (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Styrene-acrylonitrile_resin , it mentions "SAN is ..... brittle in mechanical behavior") . This processor apparently does not comply with applicable Australian Standard AS/NZS 3350.1:2002 clause 21 titled Mechanical strength..."Appliances shall have adequate mechanical strength and be constructed to withstand such rough handling that may be expected in normal use", even though it was not handled roughly. When choosing the replacement food processor I will remember that bowls of Philips food processors are "consumable".

easy to use, good value of money

easy to use, good value of money. versatile and good for daily use.
but need clean probably and air well, otherwise will left previous food smell especially dairy products, as it is plastic material not glass. price point is good value and can do many recipes and cooking make much easier.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hey, We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review on the Philips food processor. We're happy to hear the food processor is working great for you. If you have any questions you can always reach out to us via Facebook or Twitter. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

great

Great product. I bought it a few weeks back as we had some guests over and had to do a lot of cooking .... 0this food processor really mademy cooking so much easier and quicker ... it is so easy to clean as well ... i would highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Ketaki, We're glad to hear you're happy with it. :) Thanks for choosing one of our Philips devices and you know where to find us if you have any questions about it. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team